Concorde CD2 Review

manufacturer: Greg Bennett date: 11/02/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Greg Bennett: Concorde CD2
The guitar is fit for a hardcore player like me. Easy to jump, or do any stunts with it because of the lightweight design. The guitar is fit for metal, punk, rock, pop rock, but I don't think this can handle jazz or blues that well.
 7.8
 8.6
review (1) pictures (1) 1 comment vote for this gear:
Concorde CD2 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 02, 2011

Features: The guitar was made in Indonesia. It has 24 frets (rosewood fretboard, mahogany set neck). The body is a double-cutaway archtop made of mahogany. It has a quilt top finish. There are only 2 knobs, one for volume and the other is for tone, but it has HH Duncan Design passive pickups, a 3-way toggle switch, tune-o-matic bridge with stop tail, and grover tuners. // 9

Sound: My band plays hardcore music and this axe fits for the job. I like the distorted sound it produces, as well as the clean sound it gives (when we play some slow rock on some occasions). It also has a great sustain. Neck pickup is good, as well as the bridge p-up. I'm using it with Zoom G2.1U and a 25 watt Marshall (and Line 6 at home) amplifier. Fortunately there are no fret buzz or any unnecessary sound. The guitar is fit for metal, punk, rock, pop rock, but I don't think this can handle jazz or blues that well. Stick on rock music if you plan on buying this. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The set-up is great, never expected it for a guitar worth $220. The pickups are just adjusted properly, but it doesn't hurt to readjust it. The bridge's routing is nice. However, I noticed that the white outline around the guitar's body and fretboard are already fading. A screw on the truss-rod cover is rusty (although it doesn't affect that much)and the fret inlays doesn't look outstanding. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is good to use during live events. The guitar is comfortable to use at stage because of it's lightweight design (and the smaller headstock is also a factor in terms of sound and weight). The hardware will seem to survive the test of time. Strap buttons are solid and it doesn't seem to break down at all. I can depend on this at gigs, but still I will need to bring a backup if all else fails. The guitar finish looks good enough to last, but again, I don't think if the white outline will not get erased after months or so. // 8

Overall Impression: The guitar is fit for a hardcore player like me. Easy to jump, or do any stunts with it because of the lightweight design (add the bada** finish and body shape). I like the cosmetic and performance of this guitar, but I hate the white outline (which I already noted three times in this review), but I like the HH Duncan p-ups the most (considering that the guitar is within $200 margin, and Duncan Design p-ups are only present in guitars within $300-$800 mark). If ever I'll compare this to other products, maybe the Epiphone G-400 is only four or five steps ahead than this guitar, while the LP Special II is behind the CD2. But if you'll base it on the price, the CD2 owns both of them. // 9

More Greg Bennett reviews rating category latest review