MB 1 Review

manufacturer: Greg Bennett date: 09/11/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Greg Bennett: MB 1
Strat copy. Thin neck. Small feeling instrument great for people not of big stature. I love how comfortable this guitar is. I can play it for hours.
 7.2
 9.2
 5.1
review (1) pictures (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
MB 1 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 11, 2012

Purchased from: local music store

Features: Indonesian made. Strat copy. Thin neck. Small feeling instrument great for people not of big stature. Easy to play. Finish is fantastic. Great price (155) so yeah it was a no-brainer. I picked it up, didn't expect much and put money down on it 10 minutes later and got it later in the day. Comfortable as hell guitar to play, esp. For the smaller player. Neck plays beautifully. Sounds great through the the Kustom tube amp I played it through. Gotoh tuners if I recall correctly. 5 way pickup selector which in my particular guitar makes a ton of difference in tone. I love this guitar. Would buy again, w/out a doubt. It replaced a Fender Blacktop Jaguar (a 600 buck guitar) as my favorite guitar. // 9

Sound: Sounds amazing through the Kustom Celestion tube pre-amp I played it through and later bought. Wasn't noisy at all. Great set up by the local shop. Great tone. Biting, yet rich. Piercing highs, fat lows. Sounded great. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action is amazing, effortless to play. Neck is super thin and easy to fret. Nice woods. Finish was top notch and looks great. Aesthetically very pleasing instrument. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Haven't had it long enough to know. // 9

Overall Impression: I love how comfortable this guitar is. I can play it for hours. I love how easily it plays. I love the neck. I love the tone, the playability, the finish. The price. Everything. Top notch "cheap" guitar purchase if you can get it for around 200 or less or even as high as 250. Great little guitar. // 10

More Greg Bennett reviews rating category latest review