Metalhead MH-2 Review

manufacturer: Greg Bennett date: 04/21/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Greg Bennett: Metalhead MH-2
This specific guitar was made especially for those who prefer to play the hardest rock or metal there is. Made in Korea, it has a modified custom Stratocaster body style, almost resembling knife blades.
 7.4
 8.8
review (1) pictures (1) 13 comments vote for this gear:
Metalhead MH-2 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 21, 2009

Purchased from: Love That Music!

Features: This specific guitar was made especially for those Who prefer to play the hardest rock or metal there is. Made in Korea, it has a modified custom Stratocaster body style, almost resembling knife blades. It has a 24 fret rosewood fretboard with a mohogany neck, a 25 1/2" scale length, 2 volume and 2 tone knobs for your perfect tone settings, and a three way pickup selector Switch. It has a stop tailpiece with an adjustable fixed bridge, and a set neck. With Grover tuners, this guitar stays in tune 99.9% of the time. Another unique point about this guitar is that instead of the traditional 2 strap buttons, this particular model has 3. One of the best things about this guitar is that it's very light and won't kill your shoulder when playing with it on stage. With a metallic silver or metallic candy apple red finish, this guitar is sure to capture your eye as well as your audience! // 10

Sound: As I said previously, this guitar will suit the needs of the players Who love hard rock and metal. It provides either the Vintage distortion sound of guitars like a Les Paul or SG, or sweep the mids back on your amp and let the modern high gain chunk blow you away. Although, if you favor the clean channel more than I particularly do, this guitar will still give you the sound you desire. I use this guitar through my Line 6 Spider III HD150 half-stack and I think it is perfect. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set up this guitar a litte differently than I would have preferred. But it's really no big deal-the only thing I need to do is lower the action just a tad. The pickups resemble those used on many Gibson and Epiphone model guitars. Mine did not contain any flaws that I know of so far. I have yet to find something wrong with it, other than the action is just a hair too high. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is moderately durable. Personally, I would recommend this guitar to players of all styles and experiences. I wouldn't gig without a backup though, but my backup would probably be another one of these. The finish is kind of light, but I believe with proper care it would last quite a while. // 9

Overall Impression: I play metal, rock, hard rock, thrash, hardcore, metalcore, blues, jazz, and country. I have about 7 years of experience playing guitar. I've played Ibanez guitars, Schecter guitars and so many other name brands. Schecter, I think, is just a little bit better than this guitar. But this is worth every penny if you buy one. The only thing I wish it had was a tremolo bridge because I love "dive-bombing" a LOT. But otherwise, this guitar is perfect just the way it is. // 8

More Greg Bennett reviews rating category latest review