G7593 White Falcon I Review

manufacturer: Gretsch date: 02/07/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Gretsch: G7593 White Falcon I
Rich, complex tones come from dual High Sensitive Filtertron pickups and a 17" wide, 2 3/4" deep laminated maple body. Gold hardware, multiple binding and Bigsby vibrato add the "flair that is so there."
 9.4
 8.8
review (1) 39 comments vote for this gear:
G7593 White Falcon I Reviewed by: mogz, on february 07, 2005

Purchased from: Local Store

Features: Here we got a 2004 G7593 Gretsch White Falcon I. 22 Frets, 3-piece maple neck, 25.5" scale length, and pure luxury. The top is arch laminated maple, and the sides and back are laminated maple which measure 17" wide, and 2.75" deep. The Gloss Urethane finish is one of the finer points of this guitar, as is the nice single cutaway body style. For the bridge we got a Ebony-Based Adjusto-Matic which is good, and the shimmering High Sensitive FilterTron Pickups. The controls are easy to figure out, I will list the control layout below here. - Pickup switching 3-position toggle: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Neck Pickups, Position 3. Neck Pickup - Controls: volume 1 (neck pickup), volume 2 (bridge pickup), master volume - 3-position toggle master tone Switch. One kind of unique and strange thing about this guitar is that there is no tone controls, hmm go figure. For the tuners on this guitar we got Grover Imperial gold-plated die-cast tuners. And depending on where or from who you order this guitar from it will come with the Gretsch G6242L Deluxe Hardshell Case, US MSRP $220.00. Some unique Gretsch White Falcon features include: - V-shaped Falcon headstock - Block pearloid inlay position markers - Gold-sparkle fingerboard and headstock bindings - Gold-sparkle bound f-holes - Multiple gold-sparkle body bindings - Gold-sparkle inlaid Gretsch logo on headstock - Gold plexi pickguard with Falcon detail - Knurled strap retainer knobs - Adjustable truss rod. // 10

Sound: The Gretsch white falcon fits my music style perfectly. I usually play anything from Johnny Horton & folk-rock trio Crosby Stills Nash, to Neil Young, and newer groups like the Red Hot Chilli Peppers. I use this guitar with my 2004 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe and the standard Vox V847 Wah. Since this guitar comes equipped with FilterTron pickups it lets off practically no noise. It has that classic Gretsch sound that can be heard in old Nashville Country recordings, beatle recordings all the way to Red Hot Chilli Pepper recordings. Basically a bright, yet pleasant shimmering sound. This guitar could probably be put through all different genres of music, although I would cry if I saw stickers put on it, and being thrown around while the player is jumping all over the stage, it's more of a quiet easy going guitar in my opinion. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfect at the factory, and it came with a Gretsch checklist that assured it was set up. This guitar contations no flaws at all, everything was in order when I bought it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand live playing. The hardware seems that it will last me for a long time, heck some guys are playing these guitars and they are 57 years old now. I recommend if you buy this guitar to leave the strap on it all the time because the strap buttons screw on and screw off, and it seems to be quite a hassle if you plan on playing this guitar more then 1 time a week. I trust this guitar with my bands sound (3 players) I would still bring a backup(I would with any guitar). The finish will be fresh if the player/user regulary whipes the grime off the guitar after playing and polishes the guitar once in a while. // 10

Overall Impression: I play rock'n'roll man, and country, and the blues, I am heavily influenced by the guitar playing of Stephen Stills and Bert Jansch. I've been playing for 4 years now, I own to many guitars to list, just look for my other reviews. If this guitar was stolen I would probably have to put my house up for sale in order to afford another one. I love the look, I love the sound, my favorite features have to be the Gretsch Bigsby B6GW Vibrato Tailpiece, and the gold hardware. When having a quality guitar such as a Gretsch White Falcon, there is no other guitar in its class, so I compared it with nothing. // 10

More Gretsch reviews rating category latest review
+ G5434 Electromatic Pro Jet 6.8 Electric Guitars 09/29/2014