Inverted Review

manufacturer: Halo date: 05/12/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Halo: Inverted
This is a good match for most styles, ranging from jazz to classic rock, to death metal, to math metal. All-in-all, this is an excellent guitar, and I would highly recommend it to any intermediate and above players.
 5.7
 8.2
 3.1
review (1) pictures (3) 13 comments vote for this gear:
Inverted Reviewed by: bsbb-band, on may 12, 2011

Purchased from: www.haloguitars.com

Features: Made in the good ol' USA. 24 fret 6-string. Scale length is 25.5". The body is a solid, flamed maple, with a black binding on the fingerboard. Both the pickups are Halo Custom humbuckers positioned at the neck and bridge. The neck and fingerboard is Mahogany and Rosewood, respectively, while the body is solid Mahogany. In the fingerboard, the inlay is a 4mm Abalone center dot. The finish is a transparent black top with gloss on the sides and back. The Bridge is a Kahler floating X-trem, with a lock-nut tuner. Includes 1 Volume, 1 Tone, and a 3-way toggle Switch and a built-in tuner as a coil tap on the volume knob. // 9

Sound: I generally play heavy metal/death metal, with some hardcore mixed in. The Inverted plays my style very well with a rich rhythm, and bright lead tones. I generally play this with my Line 6 Spyder and DigiTech RP 355. There is rarely any feedback noise, or fuzz when it's plugged in. However, while I learn Jazz in my lessons, it adapts to that style VERY well. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The make of the guitar is quite impressive. All the controls fit nicely, and work as they should, and the built-in tuner works like a charm; I was able to get it from Standard down to drop B flat flawlessly. The only problem that came with the guitar was one of the pickup holes. It was cut slightly too wide. It doesn't affect the playing, nor does it affect the guitar in any other detrimental way. In fact, you can barely even notice it unless it's up close. They even gave me two free shirts with the guitar for the very minor mistake! The action on the guitar is set up very nicely, and is easily adjustable; the Bridge is the same way. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is probably one of the most dependable guitars that I own and have owned. Both the finish and the hardware could last for a good, long while. The strap buttons are secure, and solid, and the guitar in general can take a bit of a beating, and still look just as great it did when I first purchased it. This is definitely a guitar I would use in a gig. However, I wouldn't go without a back-up; not because of the guitar, but because of my own songs (various tunings). // 9

Overall Impression: This is a good match for most styles, ranging from jazz to classic rock, to death metal, to math metal. I have been playing guitar for around 6-7 years and this is, by far, one of the best guitars I've owned (out of 6). Halo covered pretty much everything I could have wanted on the guitar, and more. I would most certainly buy this guitar again, if I ended up losing it. The best part about this is a tie between the smooth, slick, and easy-to-play neck and the built-in tune, which is very impressive and very accurate. The only thing I'm not a huge fan of is the lock-nut. However, I've never been a huge fan of lock-nuts, even though it does generally keep the guitar in tune longer. I compared this guitar to other Halos, and a few Deans and B.C. Rich's, and chose this one, mainly because it fit my needs in the respects of many of the features, including the floating tremolo, and the built-in tuner. The Mahogany body was very nice as well, and the unique shape of the body also drew my attention to it. All-in-all, this is an excellent guitar, and I would highly recommend it to any intermediate and above players. // 8

More Halo reviews rating category latest review
+ Clarus 6.6 Electric Guitars 01/17/2014