PAC 3-RM Review

4.4
 6.8
review (1) 11 comments vote for this gear:
PAC 3-RM Reviewed by: mrmystic, on november 02, 2009

Features: My guitar was made in 1998 in Korea, but it doesn't play like some of the other Korean guitars. It has 22 Standard frets. And is made from what I believe to be agathis. It has a Standard red gloss finish so it isn't anything special to look at. It is a Stratocaster rip off with the same style tremolo as a Strat. It has two tone knobs and one volume. It came stock with three single coil pick ups. // 6

Sound: I play everything from jazz to metal and it can adapt to fit most genres. Even though it is not the greatest sound it will work for a beginners first practice guitar. It has a humming noise if you use the middle pick up, and when switching pick ups you get static until you stop playing. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came from the factory set up with a low enough action to easily play. The finish on the guitar was flawless, and seems to be indestructible since I am always banging on on something and have yet to even scratch it. Everything seemed to be aligned when I purchased it. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would not trust playing this live since they pick ups seem kind of faulty, and the strap buttons are far from tight. The finish would Live through just about anything, and that is coming from someone who it always dropping stuff. All in all I would only use this as a practice guitar. // 4

Overall Impression: It is all in all a good fit for most kinds of music unless you need active pickups for some metal. I wish before I bought it I brought someone who played with me to check it out and give me an opinion. I also wish I would have looked at squires or ESP's instead of just buying the first guitar I saw. If it was lost or stolen I would not buy another one of these, I would rather get a basic ESP, Ibanez, or Squire. I wish it had better durability, and wiring, but for a practice guitar it is not bad. // 7

More Hamer reviews rating category latest review
+ Slammer XP-1 Standard 7.9 Electric Guitars 12/18/2013