HBT16 Review

8.7
reviews (3) pictures (1) 6 comments vote for this gear:
HBT16 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 24, 2011

Price paid: € 79

Features: The guitar came in a nice box. It included a cable. On the first look it really looks nice, the chrome shines. To be honest it really resembles like a standard Fender Tele. You got the 3 way control, the standard T-bridge. // 8

Sound: On the test sound, the guitar knows how to sing. No problem with the pickups. The neck pickup is a bit noisy, it has a chunky sound if you play distorted, but the bridge pickup rocks. I play thrash, blues and a bit of alternative. It fits ok in my musical style. On the acoustics, sound more than perfect, it has a nice bright warm sound. After 2 weeks of playing I changed the neck pickup with a nice DiMarzio. On a nice decent amp it sounds good, but if you would like more noise get a Marshall. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: On the first run, it feels light, the wood to be honest it's not great. I have the guitar for more than 1 year and I never had a problem. The paint job is ok, the electronics from the factory were ok, but if you want to be sure you won't have problems, rewire the pickups. // 8

Reliability & Durability: No problems with the volume and tone knobs, nice chrome finish. To be honest it seems that it would last well another year or 2 judging by my musical style. The paint is ok, don't know how much it will last. // 8

Overall Impression: On my final word it's good for a beginner, well it depends on you musical style. I would recommend it. Many players will judge a guitar by the brand, to be honest, what it matters is the player. The guitar is cheap, but that doesn't reflect the quality. // 7

HBT16 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 15, 2011

Price paid: € 68

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Features: This is a super-cheap Telecaster replica. It was made in 2009, plywood body, maple neck, rosewood fretboard, 21 frets, 65cm scale, 2x single-coil pickups, T-bridge, 1x volume and 1x thomann tone control, 3-way pickup selector, chrome hardware. It came with a cable and some tools to adjust the neck // 6

Sound: It really screams, but you have to put some effort in it. I just used a Stagg 15 amp with this and played mostly metal (SOAD, Metallica, RATM, Steel Panther, Judas Priest). It fits the part, if you don't mind the distorted sound or cracking noises once in a while. I got a lot of buzzing on the clean channel, so I didn't use this. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Daily tuning is required, and I lifted the pickup almost immediately when I took it out of the box. You can see a huge line in the paintjob and the pichguard is cut dodgy and everything but straight. The chrome does Shine though! // 4

Reliability & Durability: I think it will break in half when you gig with it, the top strap button came of after 2 days of playing. // 4

Overall Impression: This is a good starters guitar for people who don't know if they are going to like guitar playing, the guitar looks cool and feels "real". And for 68 euros you can't really complain. It's just a shame that it isn't durable. I mostly play my acoustic, but wanted an electric to play around with. This guitar fitted the part. I played this guitar for over a year and now it's totally coming apart, so bought a Epiphone Dot. // 7

HBT16 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 31, 2011

Price paid: € 68

Purchased from: Thomann

Features: This guitar was made in 2011, in China. It is a typical Telecaster guitar with black finish and 22 frets. It has a rosewood fretboard and SS pickups. The switch layout is the standard tele configuration with one tone ony volume and a 3-way pickup switch. Very versatile guitar. // 9

Sound: I play funk, which this guitar can do very well. No matter what pickup you use, it sounds awesomely funky. The bridge pickup cuts thru like a HOT knife in butter, and the neck pickup is very percussive. I play through Vox amps, sometimes with WAH effect. The sound of the guitar is extremely bright and good. No noise AT ALL. Extremely good pickups, no need to replace them. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was very well set up and in TUNE. The action was perfect out the box. The pickups are well adjusted. Finish, neck setup... Everything was perfect, this guitar feels and looks just as good as a Fender American Standard Telecaster. This guitar is totally awesome. Only one complaint is the plywood body, which sucks in means of tone, but is at least light. It is not a very bad body but I hate the thought that it is a glued together pile of wood. The electronics are flawless, the tone control and the volume control REALLY WORK. can't say the same from any other guitars or basses I have. The fretboard is really fine and soft, pitch bending can be done way better than on most guitars. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think it will last very well. I just suggest that you don't drop it, the plywood body will shatter if it happens. The strap buttons are one of the only flaws in this guitar, they drop off easily. Otherwise, no complaints again. Awesome guitar. The finish will last. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing only for 3 years, but I have a range of guitars. I have 1984 Fender Japan Stratocaster, Williams Les Paul copy, Epiphone Explorer GT and this guitar. I own also basses. If this guitar would be lost, I would buy it again. This guitar is totally awesome and totally worth your buck. Flawless thing except the plywood body and strap buttons. Compares at least the Mexican Tele. This guitar would have been even better with maple fretboard. // 10

More Harley Benton reviews rating category latest review