Shorty Review

manufacturer: Hofner date: 12/01/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Hofner: Shorty
I need a travel guitar which lead me buying this. It sounds better than I expected. The humbucker is loud but the clean tone a bit bright. It's not a problem because it can be adjusted.
 6.6
 8.4
 4.8
review (1) pictures (2) 5 comments vote for this gear:
Shorty Reviewed by: rockhard90s, on december 01, 2011

Purchased from: Malaysia

Features: Not sure when it was made. Made in China. It's cheap. It has 24 frets, a nice basswood neck, nice finishing and only one humbucker near bridge. Comes with cute gig bag and cheap cable. The outer pocket gig bag can fit almost two pedals which I think good enough to fit pod pocket and foldable headphone. // 8

Sound: It sounds better than I expected. The humbucker is loud but the clean tone a bit bright. It's not a problem because it can be adjusted. Plugged in with my Boss DS-1 and 15 watt Marshall. I got nice Zeppelin sounding. I play some riff and licks on it, it respond every touch you put on it. You have to take some time to get used to it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The paint job is good and the neck wood is beautiful. Action's good. Pickup is good. Believe me you can shred on this guitar if you get used to it. Initially, it comes with rusty strings and the intonations were run off a little bit, I had the string changed and get the intonations adjusted. Now, it is perfect. // 8

Reliability & Durability: It took me some time to get used to it. I had trouble resting my hand on it and now, it is not a problem anymore. It seems last. You might get a another strap lock because the strap goes off everytime I play it. This guitar is good enough to do live on stage with backup. Trust me. // 9

Overall Impression: I need a travel guitar which lead me buying this. I'll get a another pod pocket, a headphones and have this gig to the college. This guitar seems so convenient to me. I love it when it comes with cute bag. If this were stolen, I would not buy this anymore. I'll just get another better travel gig. // 8

More Hofner reviews rating category latest review
+ Colorama II 7.9 Electric Guitars 05/06/2014