Verythin CT Limited Edition Review

manufacturer: Hofner date: 10/13/2010 category: Electric Guitars
Hofner: Verythin CT Limited Edition
Hofner made a very limited number of these special, limited edition Verythin CT's. Only around 100 where made in the Walnut finish with the bigbsy.
 9.9
 9.8
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
Verythin CT Limited Edition Reviewed by: epy, on october 13, 2010

Price paid: C$ 800

Purchased from: Central Music

Features: Hofner made a very limited number of these special, limited edition Verythin CT's. From what I could find, only around 100 where made in the Walnut finish with the bigbsy. It is a newer guitar made in 2009/2010 in China. This is a 22 fret neck, full scale. The neck is very thin and fast and is made from maple with a rosewood fretboard. The body is a laminated flamed maple with a Walnut finish. This is a semi-hollow 335, Gretsch style body. As the model name says, the semi-hollow body is very thin. This is a great feeling guitar neck and body. The special limited edition includes a Bigbsy B70 Tremolo system. The bridge has roller saddles to keep the guitar in tune a allow the strings to move over the bridge with ease when the Bigsby is being used. The nut is made from bone and the hardware is nickel. The fret inlays are stunning multi-line mother of pearl. The guitar electronics are set up identical to a Les Paul. // 10

Sound: I play a folky/indie/alternative/rock style of music and this guitar is essentially perfect. A lot of low end from the neck pickup, a lot of high end from the bridge pickup. I have a video on youtube quickly demonstrating the tones through my Traynor YBA-1A MKII. This guitar sounds huge. I have also played it through a Fender Blues Deluxe and it sounds great. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set-up from the factory. The action is low, but with no fret-buzz. Everything was well setup and built on the guitar. There were no flaws that I could find. The bridge is great with the roller saddles. I had never heard, nor seen something like that before and was really sold on it. After playing with the Bigsby quite a bit, there has been little issue with tuning. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have only had it for a short time but I feel very confident in the guitar. My brother has had the Hofner CT Club for awhile and it has held up great through multiple shows. Very impressed with the Hofner CT Series. The finish looks great and I am certain it will last through my playing. The strap buttons are solid, but like any guitar I'd suggest strap locks. I could walk into any gig without a backup, it is a solid guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: I sold my Fender Telecaster and bought this guitar. It fits perfectly with what I play. I have gotten nothing but compliments about the guitars looks and sounds. I play bass in a band normally but also play guitar for my own interests. I've been playing bass for 7+ years and guitar for 4+ years. If it was stolen, I would pick one up again. I had the choice to pick up this Hofner or a Epiphone lucille. I am much happier with the Hofner. The Hofner CT series is really outstanding. I recommend picking one up at a local store and trying it out. I wasn't attracted to the Hofner name, but as soon as I picked it up I was sold on it. // 10

More Hofner reviews rating category latest review
+ Verythin CT 8.2 Electric Guitars 10/28/2014