450S Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 07/08/2004 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: 450S
It has 22 frets, super thin neck, gotch tuning knobs with fine tuning on the Floyd Rose which lets me actually use the whammy without knocking it out of tune. The body is super thin and small but surprisingly heavy.
 9.6
 6.3
review (1) 7 comments vote for this gear:
450S Reviewed by: IbanezPlaher, on july 08, 2004

Features: First of all, I couldent find any reviews on this type of guitar so I thought i'd start the ball rolling. I got the guitar from my older brother when he moved so it was an awsome price... FREE!! O.K. Features: Made in Japan, not sure how long ago, but he's had it for about 5 years and I've had it for 5 weeks. It has 22 frets, super thin neck, gotch tuning knobs (which kick ass) with fine tuning on the Floyd Rose which lets me actually use the whammy without knocking it out of tune. Tuning locks which are awsome. My guitar is cherry red and very shiney (no pickguard). 5-way selector Switch with tuning knob and volume control (well placed). Pickups are V1 and V2 humbuckers with an S1 smack dab in the middle. The body is super thin and small but surprisingly heavy (compared to my much larger and thicker Bass) which might cause a problem for smaller plahers. // 10

Sound: This guitar definatly suits my style either playing classic rock or dipping into metal or punk. Right now the only amp and effects I'm using is an old 30 watt bass amp with all the dials maxed (only distortion I got for now). But when its hooked to an RP100 and a 110 Peavey amp its the top of the line and can hold notes forever. It can have any sound your looking for. The only problem is that it hums a bit. Which is why it gets a 4 instead of 5. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: No idea what it was like from the factory. This guitar could be 50 years old as far as i know. But when my bro got it 2 of the 5 tremolo springs on the inside were missing. But now the fit and finish are excellent thanks to "Del's Music". The only thing that I notice is the much darker wood grain just before the head which kind of annoys me sometimes but it doesn't really matter. It's still a kickass guitar. I got a hardshell case, two cords, brand new whammy bar, and a shitload of picks so it's all good. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Again, I think this guitar has been around for a few years so it has passed a test in itself to stay in such good shape. The strap buttons are way better then on my bass but I use a locking strap now so it doesn't affect me. I definatly would depend on this guitar anytime but I don't depend on my strings. The finish seems pretty deep cause I've got the back scratched to hell with my damn belt and its still not showing any wood. // 10

Overall Impression: My overall impression of the guitar is wow. I've been playing guitar for about 2 years and bass for 3. I find it way better for playing ACDC and Zeppelin then my damn acoustic (which is still a great guitar but can't get past the 12th fret). And now that I'm getting into lead a bit its great to have a smaller guitar so I can jump/run around alot without banging into everything. If it were stolen I would hunt down the person who took it and beat them until Jesus comes. I havent seen another guitar like this yet so I wouldent be able to buy one again but if I had the chance I'd buy another on just so I'd have two. I love everything about this guitar especially that every second person dosent have one. I compared this guitar to a Washburn, a Fender, and an epiphione and it has more features than any of them and it seems to be of equal or higher quality in most cases. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ EDR170 8.7 Electric Guitars 11/18/2014