ART200FM Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 03/16/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: ART200FM
This is a great guitar for the price range. This guitar also has the sounds and tones of a quality guitar. It's a good guitar for the price and I believe it as a good investment of cash.
 8.4
 9.2
 7.5
review (1) pictures (3) 5 comments vote for this gear:
ART200FM Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 16, 2012

Price paid: C$ 399

Purchased from: L&M

Features: Please see Ibanez.com for full details. I have been playing for 3 years and for my style the features are okay and more than adequate for this price range. If you are looking for more features then expect to pay more or a reduction in quality. I have a Violin Sunburst finish. // 10

Sound: For my style its great. Older rock and blues little bit of heavy metal. I compared this to my old Ibanez GRG720 and EP LP. The set neck makes a huge difference and sustain is great. The EP LP is a great guitar, but I like the sound of these Ibanez pick ups. I am going to leave this guitar stock. I see no need to make any improvements to this guitar for my type of music and for my experience level. The sound are bright/warm and rich. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was perfect. My only complain was with the fret finish. They are a little sharp but I can live with this. I spent about 3 months checking this and other guitars out in this price range. When I originally looked at this guitar at L&M the display model was perfect. The time I finally decided to buy I had to order the guitar in. My guitar has frets that are a little sharp, so maybe a little unlucky with the fret finish but not too sharp to play. I can't see any other flaws in the guitar. The other guitars I looked at were the EP LP. The Ibanez is; lighter, slimmer body and slimmer neck. The sounds from both guitars are equally impressive but the Ibanez seems to have the edge. I am only giving a 8 because of my fret finish, however this good be just on my guitar. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Its too early to tell. However, I have owned Ibanez before and they have not let me down before (hence I am giving this a 9 rating). Hardware is nothing special, its good and adequate and suits the price level. Strap buttons look firm and strong. Finish is great can't find flaws other than frets edges // 9

Overall Impression: Okay this is a great guitar for the price range. I looked at the specs and it seems very similar to the ART100 so check those reviews out too. Lets be honest the appearance of the guitar is what always draws you to a selection first, and this guitar has the looks. This guitar also has the sounds and tones of a quality guitar. Its a good guitar for the price and I believe it as a good investment of cash. The thinner and lighter body and neck compared to a equivalent EP LP was also a driving force in this selection. I would strongly recommend this guitar but watch the fret finish. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014