Artcore FWD60 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 11/21/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: Artcore FWD60
Ibanez FWD60 Artcore Electric Guitar is a quality made product with excellent features. With its classic, stylish look it gets everybody's attention.
 8.8
 9.6
review (1) 11 comments vote for this gear:
Artcore FWD60 Reviewed by: olilem, on november 21, 2007

Purchased from: Melodee Music

Features: So this is a guitar made in China, built in 2004. It has a very nice neck, 22 frets, ebony, with rosewood fingerboard. It is hollow body, like all Artcore series. Maple body with maple top. It has an amazing transparent orange, it doesnt't look that good in a picture, but man it is amazing looking when you see it. It is equipped with Ibanez ACH1 (neck) and ACH2 (bridge). Very simple controls, 1 tone, 1 volume and a 3-way switch. // 9

Sound: So, it was my 1st guitar, at that time, I didn't know anything about them, but now, I realize how of an amazing guitar it is, the pickups can be made better, but you're not gonna blame a 300$ guitar, and they still sound very good. This guitar has huge sustain, it's amazing. It might not seem like a metal guitar, but I actually use it for some low tuned songs, in drop C, and it is very good for that job, it is very good for rocknroll style sound, when you put the neck pickup with max tone and volume on clean, it sound a lot like those early Rolling Stones. It is a very good guitar, and the sound you get for the price is amazing. And it has really nice acoustic sound when unplugged, not very loud, but very nice, it is a very good Tool when you just don't wanna plug anything in, but have the "electric" feel. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it, I didn't know anything about guitars, and I don't remember how were the stock strings, but I remember they lasted a year. I still didn't change the factory setup, the action isnt too low, but isnt to high either. The fit and finish is amazing. It really seem like it is a 1000$ guitar, but it is a "just" 300$ one binding on the neck, body and headstock looks amazing. And again, the paint is a beauty. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I didn't see any flaws, it can stand heavy strings and low tunings. The only problem is that it get out of tune after 2 hours of metal playing, but that would be a lot of guitar without locking nuts. I use it for all my jams with friends, it fell some times, but still don't have any blushes, very tough. Strap buttons are always getting unscrewed, but it doenst bother me at all. // 9

Overall Impression: I play lots of different stuff, and this guitar is good for everything. Sound good in blues, sound good in jazz, sound good in rock, sound good in metal, just sound good in everything. It is an amazing guitar for beginers, and even a better guitar for good players. The only problem is that lot of ppl werent aware of it, and now Ibanez stopped making it because they didn't sell it a lot. Personally I would buy it a million times, I just love it a lot and it is amazing looking. I just wish it had one more volume to do a killswitch effect, always fun. Compared to all the guitars I tried of the same range of price (Epiphones, Fenders, Squiers, etc) it is the best one, best sounding one, best feeling one, just the best quality for a sweet price. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014