Artcore TM71T Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 04/05/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: Artcore TM71T
Artcore Set-In neck. Mahogany Neck. Maple top/ sides/back Body. 22 Large frets. Rosewood Fingerboard.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.3
 Features: 9.3
 7.9
 9.6
 6.1
reviews (3) 2 comments vote for this gear:
Artcore TM71T Reviewed by: Lurch, on december 11, 2003

Purchased from: Valley music, corvallis oregon

Features: My guitar was fresh off the factory line. Made in china though unforntunantly. My low E tuner was a little loose but I tighted that up and its fine. The specs: Artcore Set-In neck Mahogany Neck Material Maple top/ sides/back Body 22/Large frets Bound Rosewood Finger Board ART2 w/VBX60 Vintage Vibrato bridge ACH1 (H) Neck PU ACH2 (H) Bridge PU Pearl Dot Inlay CH : Hardware Color This is a sweet hollowbody guitar. // 8

Sound: This guitar is one of the most versitil guitar I've ever had. Believe it or not even though it is hollowbody you can get some serious crunch going on. Only drawback, your strings will be out of tune when you are done. Not too bad but it is noticable if you don't tighten up a bit. I can do everything from jazz, country, blues, punk, hard rock you name it. Super slinky strings will sound really twangy though for about a week (or until you got enough playing into them). I prefer to have ernie-ball skinny-top heavy bottoms on it. I run this baby through a Laney TF200. It's awsome with that. If dive on the tremolo more than about 4 times it will go a little out of tune on you. It's not locking. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Other than a sorta loose tuner that took like 15 seconds to tighten up this thing was set up good. Everything was adjust really well. Not a whole lot more to say on that. It was all good. Seriously. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will last quite a while in my opinion. It would defenantly go live with me. Hardware is solid, finish is set on good, i've dropped this thing so many times and it doesn't even have a scratch. I could depend on this thing to take me where I need it to go. I never gig with out a back up but I would be more comfortable with this guitar to go with out one than my Austin fake Strat. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is the most beautiful peice of craftmanship i have ever played. The price maybe low but oh baby, its worth it. The music I play is just about everything under the sun. I'm even working on my own new style and this guitar is because of it. Wierd mix of Mark Knopfler meets randy rhoads. It's cool. I've played now for almost 4 years. I would definantly replace this if i lost it or got it stole. The main thing that annoys me about this is the tremelo knocking this out of tune if you go hard on it. I compared it to an Ibanez AFS75 but that was too hollowbody for me. This is right where I wanted it. Flick the 3 way Switch to the bridge position and get a sharper "bite" and then go to the next for warm lows. Oh yeah one more thing, the lows carry foever but the highs piddle out a little bit if your not doing something to maintain the sound. Over all this thing is pretty good and I expect it to help me get famous. // 10

Artcore TM71T Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 04, 2005

Purchased from: Powerpiont Music

Features: This guitar is a beautiful piece of work boasting a great semi-acoustic design that plays a humangous rang of music stlyes. The neck is ectremely easy to play on and will have you sliding quicker than ever. The humbuckers work a treat for punk and heavy rock, amazingly you can get an extemely clean acoustic sound out of it. It also has a rosewood neck with 22 frets. Tremelo bar makes the guitar go out of tune if used to many times but easily fixed, tighten up tuners. // 10

Sound: The best guitar tone you will ever get in its price range and mabye even more. It has a great rock/punk/metal sound that holds every note you play. It also kicks ass when played with neck humbucker giving a really rich acoustic sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I couldn't have designed it better and niether could aby one else for that matter. Its set up to give you nplenty of playing room and the tremelo bar does not get in the way unless you have hands the size of a Gorilla. I love this guitar and stongly recommend it to any one out there. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would use this anyware on the street, gig, studio it is that durable I have hit it against things and no scrathes appear well not yet any way hehehe I would definately use this as a back up for a live gig, but then again I would be using it as my number one guitar! // 10

Overall Impression: I thinlk I have said every thing. If it was stolen I would hunt down the dumb who stole it and rip all his teeth out and use them as picks, but yes I would definatley replace it. // 10

Artcore TM71T Reviewed by: talman71, on april 05, 2005

Features: This is a beautiful guitar for a beautiful price. Don't let the fact that it's made in China deter you because it is beautifully made and constructed. Just first class, 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard, maple body and neck and finished nicely in jewel blue. It's a very different turn on the semi-hollow body design and its great for my shoulder because as you can imagine, solid boy size+semi-hollowfu--kin' light! Nice humbuckers/soapbars with a 3 way selector and a nice fixed Tune-O-Matic bridge. 2 volume's 2 tones. Jumbo frets and well its not a very fast neck as it is pretty fat but I play it for rhythm and its perfect for that. The tuners are just Ibanez ones. But they stay in tune very well. Just as well as the grover tuning keys on my Ibanez AX320H. Just awesome. Couldn't really ask for anymore features, because for what I want and need its got everything. The perfect rhythm guitar! // 10

Sound: It's extremely versatile with its sound. Acoustically you can hear how mellow it is and with a good distortion pedal it is awesome and can be made to sound like any guitar. Hence the fact that Corey Taylor plays one for Stone Sour. Extremely versatile tone and its when you have it on clean or acoustic that you appreciate its beautiful tone. Very nice. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: All settings were perfect when I bought it. If I had some spare cash laying around I would change the nobs to some machined chrome ones as they would look classy as the black plastic ones do look good and the picture doesnt do the guitar any justice, but new nobs owuld just be a bonus. Not necessary. Beautiful jewel blue finish, hard to keep clean but who cares. It's an awesome colour and I just love the retro look of it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: With it being a semi-hollow body you have to take certain things into account. Of course it ownt be as strong as a solid body but c'mon it's not meant for thrashing around too much. It will last long with proper semi-hollow care and everything on it is reliable, finish is good. I suppose in the long run I would change the tuniing keys to grovers, but only for the pure fact that I could change them. The tuning keys are suprisingly good and the strap buttons are very nice. Positioning of strap buttons tends to mae guitar very neck heavy but you have to expect that form this small smei-hollow anyway. // 10

Overall Impression: I play many different styles of music. I jam with a rock/grunge band and it sounds awesome. I have tuned it down for some metal although thats what the AX320H I own is for. When I was buying this guitar. The only reason I got it was becaue it was out for $595 AUD from $895 AUD so the guitars they were getting me 2 try out werent exactly classy. I tried low model Epi SG's, a PRS style Cort with coil tap and some lp's and lp styles. This guitar owned them all in the sound department and it is very comfortable to play. If it were lost or stolen I woudl definately egt it again, hopefully on insurance, and if someone stole it I would track em down and beat the s--t out of them. I love it so much. It's the perfect guitar for what I want and it really is great value for money, don't let the fact that it's made in China deter you it is first class and just perfect. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014