AWD83TBL Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 02/28/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: AWD83TBL
rtcore set-in neck, 3pc. maple/ mahogany neck material, Bubinga top/maple sides/back body, 22/large frets, Bound rosewood fingerboard, Short Stop III bridge, ACH1 (H) neck pu, ACH2 (H) bridge pu, Artcore DX inlay.
 9.2
 9.2
 9.1
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
AWD83TBL Reviewed by: acytonestd69, on february 28, 2006

Features: - Artcore set-in neck - 3pc. maple/ mahogany neck material - Bubinga top/maple sides/back body - 22/large frets - Bound rosewood fingerboard - Short Stop III bridge - ACH1 (H) neck pu - ACH2 (H) bridge pu - Artcore DX inlay In addition to those features, this is my first semi-hollow guitar and it's been a real pleasure to use. I find it is very light, and has a thick warm sound. // 9

Sound: I find it is very light, and has a thick warm sound. My rig varies nowadays. I like the sound generaly when on the neck pickup and on a clean channel. Has a warm tone. And when it gets dirty sounds just as good, just Switch it to the mid setting or the bridge pick up. I usually play all songs with a chorus pedal, but with this guitar I feel I don't need it (I still use it though). This guitar definitely coralates with my style of music. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I got this guitar brand new used. Whoever owned it before me I presume had it for show, cause there was no wear on the frets or build of of scum on the fret board. The set up was top-notch, the rap around bridge is a real awesome feature. The pickups were not only in perfect position, they're nickel plated (I have add and I'm proned to shiney objects). When I got this guitar for a trade I feel like I screwed the fine Daddy's JM est. since the guitar that I had traded wasn't the greatest in tone, the guitar I recieved was like 10X better (I'm totally biased, I love Ibanez). // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had the privelege to play this guitar on stage yet. I rely heavily on Ibanez guitar simply 'cause they're great quality and worth every penny and are like a tradition to me. My band, Ever Change, will be playing a few gigs pretty soon; and when we do, I will have three guitars for the live sets. Ibanez SZ520, Ibanez AWD83, Epiphone LP Studio. The one prob I have with this guitar is the strap button locations. I dislike the factor about the strap button is located behind the guitar. I am going to do some drilling to the top horn of this guitar to make it accessable for diff strapping methods. // 8

Overall Impression: I play rock and metal. This guitar is conveniant in that it has a real good clean and dirty sound. I would not bu another one if it got stolen. I'd seek out the SOB that stole it and kick ass and kill the asshole (I'm serious). I've been playing for the better part of 5 years now, I'll be honest; I lost count. Fav. feat - the overall tone and look. It's very SZ-esque. Love that I own it. Hate - the location of the strap buttons. Wish it had a strap button on the top horn. I compared it to a crappy Epiphone LP Standard that was missing a lot of crap. I was getting more bang for my buck and Ibanez has been reliable for me in the past. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ SAS32EX 8.6 Electric Guitars 10/20/2014