AX7521 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 11/03/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: AX7521
The AX7521 was the Japanese version of the AX7221 which were made in China.
 6.9
 9.8
review (1) pictures (3) 5 comments vote for this gear:
AX7521 Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 03, 2011

Purchased from: Dorsey's Music Store

Features: This guitar was made in 2001 in Japan. The AX7521 was the Japanese version of the AX7221 which were made in China. 24 3/4" scale neck, 22 frets. Mahogany body. 1-piece maple neck with Bubinga. Rosewood fretboard. Glossy "Cherry Fudge" color. Double cutaway body. Dual DiMarzio humbucker pickups. Fixed bridge. 3 way switch. Independent volume and tone knobs for each pickup. Gotoh tuners. // 10

Sound: Bridge pickup is chunky and neck pickup has great clean. I used this guitar all through high school with a Marshall MG100HDFX half stack for nu metal, metal-core and grunge. Now that I'm older and more "mature", I find it's really good for contemporary rock and jazz too on tube amps. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was perfect when I bought it. I had to tweak it a little to adjust the bridge for intonation and the pickups needed to be raised a little. The neck range isn't as long as RG-style 7-strings and not quite as cool feeling either, neck I but it's still very nice and every note is super easy to reach. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I abused this thing quite a bit in high school which I really regret now. I had to replace one of the string furloughs since it is a string through body and also the jack cavity plate was plastic and has since been replaced. It has paint chips on the body and some nicks on the headstock but it still plays beautifully. It has held up great. Solid like a rock. // 10

Overall Impression: If I ever lost this guitar, I would certainly buy another one. The hardware is all top end stuff and the independent volume/tone is great for dialing in a great sound. The only other replacement I would even consider would be a high end RG-series 7 string. But these were kind of a novelty of the Ibanez 7 strings so I would probably try to seek one out at a cheaper price. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014