Blazer 1982 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 07/16/2003 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: Blazer 1982
21 Frets, 3 single coil deep lead Ibanez pickups.
 9.2
 9.6
 8.8
review (1) 15 comments vote for this gear:
Blazer 1982 Reviewed by: UG Team, on july 16, 2003

Features: 1982 Ibanez Blazer, made in Japan, 21 Frets, 3 single coil deep lead Ibanez pickups. Bought second hand so nothing came with it. Finished in sky blue with more dings than a mo-fo. // 8

Sound: I love this guitar. If it was a woman I'd marry it, or if it was a Man and I was a Woman, I'd marry it, or if I was a guitar and I found a minister who performed guitar/guitar weddings, I'd marry it. It has all the crunch of a metal guitar cleverly fused with the bridgy 'bling' of a les paul. It has the mellowed out sound with a gritty edge which I can't explain. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well I cant complain, new strings and I was away, stick it through my Zoom 505 and my shitty amp and it flys. Even makes me forget about the amp. This guitar (fair enough is a copy of a Strat) but is miles better. Looks the same but with little classy touches like the body coloured head-stock and the gold hardware. This guitar was born to win. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I'd play it live, play it in a recording and bum it if I could. I will die before I see another mortal touching it. I know it was meant as a practice guitar, but I think the japanese guy who made this one tried extra hard. Yes its dinged but most things do with too much love. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for 4 years now, mostly acoustic but this wasn't my first electric. I've played my friends gibsons and les pauls and even a burns Brian May more times than I can count, and I wouldnt trade them all for my Blazer. This bad boy will be my childrens inheritance unless, with modern technology, they could make a test tube baby from me and the Blazer, so we can rock forever. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014