GART30 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 06/15/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: GART30
The GART's design is the only decent thing about this guitar. It looks like a Les Paul, but the bottom bridge area is very wide and clunky.
 Features: 6.5
 5.2
 4.8
 5.5
reviews (2) 19 comments vote for this gear:
GART30 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 10, 2010

Purchased from: Local Music Store

Features: The Garts design is the only decent thing about this guitar. It looks like a Les Paul, but the bottom bridge area is very wide and clunky. It's made of basswood, and has a 22-fret rosewood-maple neck. It comes in Transparent red, Black, and Blue. It has a set, string-thru bridge. The pickups are Ibanez(?) Powersounds, and it has a volume, tone, and 3-way blade switch. // 7

Sound: The sound you get from this guitar is stupifingly AWFUL. It has a 2-D sound that doesn't change with amps (I've played it on 3 different ones and got the same tone). It's sort of a flat, thick, whiny sound. The input jack is poorly made, so you get this buzzing noise through the whole time you're playing it. It is near impossible to perform hammer-ons and pull-offs, you just get a clunky whisper. // 2

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was set very good, almost perfect (suprisingly). The finishes are OK, not much selection with them. Thee pickups are set crooked (up and down, not side to side) so they recquire a lot of adjustment. The only flaws is the knobs are hard to turn and come off easy. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This seems like a bad choice to have onstage, its more of a practice guitar. The hardware might last a couple years, considering how cheesy it is. The strap buttons are big, so it's hard to slip a strap on. NEVER bring this guitar to a gig, as you will probably mess the gig up. The finish scratches very easily. // 7

Overall Impression: I'm usually playing rock, or metal, or a bit of shred, and this guitar is my worst nightmare. I've been playing for a two years, but I know a good guitar when I see one, and this ain't one of em. I think I was lied to when I bought this guitar, the guy told me it was a very good sounding guitar and was durable. If someone stole it, it'd be their loss. I could care less if it was stolen. If you have about $200 spend, look harder for a guitar. You'd be better of with a Walmart cheapie one than this piece of trash called a guitar. // 3

GART30 Reviewed by: majed931, on june 15, 2012

Features: It was made in China, in 2009. It has 22 medium frets, with rosewood fingerboard, with basswood body and maple neck. It's similar to a Les Paul style, but not as heavy as a Les Paul. It has 2 controls (volume and tone) and 3 way selector. It has to humbuckers, the worst humbuckers ever. // 6

Sound: I mostly play blues, classic rock, and this guitar, has the worst sound for any type of music, it has one sound, and it won't change, even if you got a pedal or the most expensive amp with tubes... And it has a hum and noise very annoying, I use Laney LX20R, and a DigiTech multieffects pedal, this guitar can't suit any type of music it sounds cheap, even in clean sound. // 4

Action, Fit & Finish: The pickups weren't adjusted, but the action wasn't that bad. But the output jack is poorly made. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can't even stand live at home, what about live playing at stage, it will be a complete fail. The hardware wont last a year maximum, the strap buttons fell already, also the output jack, the cable keep falling, and if you move it it will make a noisy buzz sound, I will never use it in gig. // 3

Overall Impression: This guitar is no match for any type of music, I have been playing for years, and I didn't buy this guitar, it was a gift for my birthday. If it were stolen I will thank god (but I am sure no one will take that piece of wood). // 4

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014