GAX70 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 08/23/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: GAX70
22 frets, 2 passive humbuckers, rosewood fretboard, maple neck, agathis body, tune-o-matic bridge and stop bar tailpiece, 2 volume knobs, 2 tone knobs, 3 way selector.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.4
 Features: 8.1
 8.6
 7.3
reviews (24) pictures (8) 26 comments vote for this gear:
GAX70 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 20, 2005

Features: Double cutaway body, 22 frets, maple neck, dual-humbucking pickups, 3-way Switch, mine is silver, 2 volume and tone knobs. // 8

Sound: This guitar suits pretty much any music style out there. It is so versatile that you could go from pop to hard rock in a second. I have a 15 watt practice amp and the Boss MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal. It sounds really good when it's clean and sound solid when distorted. It isn't noisy or any thing like that and I would say it has a rich/full sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set-up really well from the factory. 2 bad things about it though. The input jack on the guitar is usually loose so you just twist to tighten it but it doesn't mess up the sound at all. The other thing is there was a really tiny crack/chip in the finish but you have to actually be looking for it to find, it's that tiny. Since those 2 things though don't mess up sound or playing ability or anything like that and the chip/crack is so tiny I will give it a 5. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could easily withstand live playing and I would do it w/o a backup and not worry at all. I trust this guitar so much I know it would do just fine. The strap buttons are rock solid on the guitar, I don't think they will ever come loose. The finish is really good. I have played this guitar for hours and hours and hours and hours etc. over the last 7 months that I have owned it and the finish still looks brand new. You couldn't even tell that I had played on it so the finish is really really good. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Staind and Godsmack type stuff and this guitar is great. I would buy this guitar again if it were stolen. I love this guitar. It is a great beginner guitar but I think even advanced and pro-like players would love this guitar also. // 10

GAX70 Reviewed by: Shreddin 4 Life, on july 10, 2006

Purchased from: Pawn Shop

Features: This guitar was definitely made in the '90s, and this particular model in Indonesia. It has 22 frets, relatively flat neck, medium frets, and a rosewood fretboard. Solid top body which I belive was alder and a maple neck. This model has a see-through red finish of some kind, which has a similar body shape to a Gibson SG. The bridge style was a Tune-O-Matic with a stop tailpiece. The tuners are very smoothe, but I'm not sure what make they are (perhaps stock Ibanez)? The controls are as follows: 2 volume knobs, 2 tone knobs and a 3-way selector switch. It has 2 humbucking stock Ibanez pickups. They're great as they are, but these featured are not my prefered style of guitar settings. // 6

Sound: This is a great rock/classic metal-style guitar and can handle a lot of sounds. As far as I know, it sounds great through Peavy and Marshall amps with just about any sound, but rockin' distortion is what this thing was meant for. It's not very noisy, and has your basic fat sound that humbucking pickups are known for. Even at high volumes, I never really acquired any major feedback problems with a lot of gain and distortion. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is very low (just how I like it) and is extremely comfortable to play while either standing up or sitting down! I changed the pickup setting myself to a sound setting that I prefer, but there was nothing wrong with original settings (I just happen to like a setting where the pickups are raised on the treble end, and lower on the bass end). The bridge is excellent-I wrap the string around the back a la Zakk Wylde and it hold up very well. To my knowledge, there were never any real flaws on this guitar and always felt right playing with it-even though it's not an expensive one. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I got it used, so there were some chips and knicks here and there, but it seemed as if in order for them to get there in the first place, it took a lot of force and banging around. The hardware is very durable, and I even gigged with it a couple of times! However one problem I had after a while was the strap buttons, so picking up a set of strap locks might be a good idea for this guitar. If looks are your thing when you play with a guitar, you really don't have to worry about it with this one because it's very durable and the finish never seems to wear out, even after prolonged periods of playing. // 8

Overall Impression: This isn't quite my style of guitar (especially not anymore anyway) but if you dig its style, look & feel, than it's well worth your money. I would suggest this guitar for a rocker or a classic metal fan. This guitar is very sturdy, sounds and even plays great-especially for a guitar of its quality and price range, so if you're looking for a guitar that won't cost a fortune but get the job done (like some blazing solos), the GAX70 might be good way to start. // 6

GAX70 Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 17, 2006

Purchased from: eBay

Features: This is a beautiful 22 fret Ibanez GAX 70 electric guitar made in Indonesia. The body is made of agathis, the neck is made of maple, and the finger board of rosewood. Mine is the color 'black night' and the body style is kind of SG-like. It has a Tune-O-Matic bridge and stop bar tail piece. There are 2 volume and 2 tone knobs, and a 3-way selector switch. // 10

Sound: This guitar will suit most music styles out there. I play mostly hard rock and some punk with a little bit of metal here and there. I am running it thru a Peavey Blazer 158 amp with an Ibanez SM7 Smash Box Distortion Pedal. This guitar is not noisy at all, with very little feedback, if any. With the selector Switch all the way back, it makes the brightest clean sound, and with it forward it makes a more bass-like sound. This guitar can scream if you want it to. Distorted it sounds awesome with no feedback or buzzing. This will make pretty much any noise you want it to. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was looooow (just how I like it) with no buzzing. The pickups are adjusted nicely with no flaws I can find. The only real bad thing is that the neck is heavier than the actual body, so it tends to want to go down towards the ground if you are not holding it, and the cord jack gets loose but a quick spin right with my fingers fixes that. Other than that it was fine. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played live yet but I jam pretty hard with my friends, and it seems to be pretty sturdy. The hardware seems like it will last forever, but when I go to take the strings off the tuners get a little wobbly, but with it tuned they are solid. The strap buttons are pretty solid and will hold, but I am thinking about getting Straplocks, just because. I wouldn't gig anything without a backup, but if I had no choice, I wouldn't have to. The finish will last a long time except the fingerprints I leave on it (which wipe off) cuz it is black. // 9

Overall Impression: I play music like Chevelle mostly, some Green Day, Shinedown, and things in between and it is perfect for the job. It goes thru all of the different tunings with ease (like A#, F, A#, D#, G, C & B, F#, B, E, G#, C# for Chevelle to Standard for Green Day and Shinedown and all of the drop - d and standard tunings in between. I have been playing self taught for 9 months and I also have a crappy walmart Strat ripoff, a Peavey Raptor Plus EXP and a recently purchased Schecter Deluxe 4 bass. If it were stolen/lost, I would hunt that person down and kick their ass and take it back. This guit rox my sox off. // 10

GAX70 Reviewed by: line6playa15, on october 18, 2006

Sound: This guitar suits my style of playing. I play rock/alt, which in my case also includes a lot of clean. I use a Line 6 PODXT Live. I practice through a line6 spider 2 15 and play gigs through a Line 6 HD75 and a Line 6 cab. Not noisy to me, but I use a gate and that eliminates a lot of noise. The sound can be rich and full or bright. I can get either out of this guitar. Over all this guitar can give you pretty much whatever you want. I've played through tube amps solid state amps all different pedals and stompboxes and they all fit well seem to sound well with this guitar. It is pretty well rounded. Lots of variety. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up really nicely. I have adjusted the pickups and string hieght slightly but just for pesonal preference. Everything was properly put together, no flaws, no loose hardware, nothing really to complain about. I have replaced the tone and volume knobs just for a different look and I added a pickguard from a GAX30 to change the look. But all that is personal preference. Nothing needed. I will be replaceing the pickups with a custom custom and a pearly gate but then again it is all personal preferance. I like the stock pickups and will keep them maybe for another guitar of mine. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very sturdy and relieable. It could withstand live playing and I know this because I use it and continue to use it in small gigs. I replace the strap buttons with the locking ones that attach the your strap just because I feel safer doing that. I would depend on it anywhere. I have banged it on things (on accident) and it survived. Even after hitting it on stuff the finish and hardware doesnt't seem to be phased. It still plays well and hasent stopped playing. The finish is very durable. Seems to be able to last a life time. I wouldn't use it with a back up just because of the possibility. // 8

Overall Impression: I play really clean to really distorted. It matches all that I want. Though when I play really low distortion I can't get those notes as well as bright high notes. If it were stolen or lost I would probably buy something different just because I think there are better guitars out there. My favorite feature is the Tune-O-Matic bridge. it's just easily adjusted. I chose this guitar for the feel and the sound. I had compared it to an Epiphone SG (turned off by the body), and a squire Strat. I wish it had differnt pickups, though the ones it has are good enough there are better. // 8

GAX70 Reviewed by: senorjefe33, on april 18, 2007

Features: My GAX70 was probably made in the early thousands in the Philippines. It has 22 medium rosewood frets with pearl dot inlays and a laminated top. The body is made of agathis and has the classic double cutaway SG look. It has a transparent red finish and a BR-EG bridge with passive electronics. It has two volume knobs and two tone knobs with two powersound humbuckers, one below the neck and one below the bridge. It's got a three way Switch and Ibanez non-locking tuners. My first guitar and not at a bad price with a strap and gig-bag included. // 8

Sound: It is pretty much THE GUITAR for my playing style. I like to play hard rock and alt metal so it suits me perfectly. I can emulate anything from AC/DC to Three Days Grace. I use a fifteen watt Crate amp and I generally use distorted effects. I would not call it noisy but it sure gets up there on both distort and clean. On clean it has a very bright sound and on distort in drop-d it pulls off those crunchy riffs. It can play very well on both distort and clean so I surely reccomend it. It is good for both low-end rhythm and this baby can scream on solos. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Just like the guy at Guitar Center said, this guitar came out of a good tree and a good day at the factory. It really has no problems with action, and the pickups were adjusted on spot. The bridge is routed correctly and the top is bookmatched on par. The finish is spotless and I even dropped it on tile floor and it didn't get scratched. The input could be screwed in a little more but otherwise it's golden. // 9

Reliability & Durability: When I start doing gigs it will surely be with this guitar. I have been playing with it for five months and I trust it very well, enough to use without a backup. The hardware seems like it will last for a long time since I've never had any problems thus far. The strap buttons however did present a problem. I dropped this guitar three times with the original strap bottons and I got tired of it. I added some Jim Dunlop Straploks and I have not dropped it since. The finish is pretty reliable I don't think I could remove it if I tried to. // 8

Overall Impression: This (and all Ibanez guitars) suit the style of hard rock and alt metal very well. The primary reason I bought an Ibanez guitar was because they just suit my style of playing so well. I've been playing for five months and would still call myself a beginner. In addition to my GAX70 I own an Ibanez PF acoustic guitar, a Crate amp, and a gig bag. I honestly wish that I had asked if it had tremolo capablilties, but hey, the G in GAX70 means it's from Ibanez's budget range so I got what I payed for. If it were stolen I would probably shoot for an Ibanez RG or SZ series instead, but just because I dislike this guitars lack of customizablilty for beginners. I love this guitar's sound and it's ease of play. I am a beginner and it suits me just fine. I hate it's lack of customizability, especially it's inability to support a tremolo. My favorite feature is very much it's sound. It produces the exact sound that I want in my guitar. When I was buying I was deciding between this and a Fender Squier Telecaster. I chose this because of it's hard rock and emtal backgrounds, more like the things I like to play. Once again I really wish it had tremolo or whammy bar-like feature. All in all a great guitar for beginners Who like heavier music. // 8

GAX70 Reviewed by: deadonarrival, on march 18, 2004

Features: I dont pay too much attention on memorizing the types of wood and things but this guitar as you can see is a dual humbucker 22-fret masterpiece. I know for a fat the fret board is rosewood and the neck is generally slim. This is also a 2-tone 2-volume 3-way selector... take now this is my second guitar and 1st electric one.. I've played on MANY but this is my 1st one owned I've played for about 8 months (I'm 14). // 10

Sound: I play different types of rock mostly punk and a little bit of the 70's stuff (Black Sabbath e.t.c.) it suits these styles quite well especially punk. Also you could get away with metal very easily. With distortion the bridge pickup tends to get a little weird sounding kind of deep and chucky..which can be an advantage but also a hassle. I run it through a VOX 15R which is I think supposed to be a 15 watt however the back of the amp says 20.. either way the amp gives it excellent sound. I need no pedals but for convenience I'm getting a distortion one. All over all this is a great sounding guitar. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When purchased there were no issues and no things to fix. It has an amazing black finish... nice and shiny! However it gets finger prints VERY easily and also there looks like theres little scratches from the pick but they whipe off. The pick-ups are excellent but you should keep them clean. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would definitely use this in a gig without a back-up I have complete trust in it. It doesn't dent or ding...very strong body! Strap buttons are metal and very sturdy have roated at all! Finish stays on great. // 10

Overall Impression: This like I said is an excellent guitar especially for my 1st electric and I'm very reliable towards it. It's very durable and I definitely reccomend this guitar especially if it's your 1st!!! I think people should buy nicer guitars...not perfect..but nice for their first instead of things like Squire Strat starter packs which seems to be the common choice. // 10

GAX70 Reviewed by: kooldonuts, on april 07, 2004

Features: GRX-style neck,22 frets double cut-away, solid mahogany body. It has a full tune II bridge with stopbar tailpeice and two power sound humbuckers and a three way selector Switch. It also has two volume knobs and two tone knobs. The humbuckers are bnuthin special but bring a nice meatty sound, and a ncie warm low end sound. // 8

Sound: I play a lot of stuff from jazz to death metal, but I use this guitar mainly for death metal. rigth now i have run through a cry baby wah, a DOD FX56 American Metal pedal, a DOD FX75-B Stereo flanger, a Visual Sound H2OLiquid Chorus and Echo stompbox, and a Digitech delay, all plugged into a Marshall AVT150H head and half stack combo. lemme tell you this guitar brings so much presense in my set-up it really makes a difference, none of my other guitar can bring as much power and crunch as it can. I can make it give a nice resonant, clean sound, or right into a super distorted, "kornish" kinda sound, it just tears the wall paper off. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything is put right where I needed them, so when im tapping my arm deosnt hit the selector Switch, as does my les paul, and the pick ups are pretty much centered in the middle so im not scrathing them up with my pick. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've played many a gig with this guitar, and I don't think it has failed me once, I've always gotten the sound I wanted. It's been dropped, it's been stepped on, its been rammed through an amp and there is nothing but a few small scratches. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great guitar for death metal, as far as anything else goes I wouldn't know cuz ive only used it fro death metal. I've been playing for about 5 years now, and if this thing ever was stolen or destroyed, I would buy 3 more to replace it, by far one of my better guitars. // 10

GAX70 Reviewed by: xalwaysfallingx, on july 20, 2004

Features: I love my Ibanez GAX70, its a slight step down from the GAX75 in the fact that it lacks in the drop D tuning shifter. Even so, this guitar can pump out amazing low heavy metal sounds and when toned right can sound completely different. There are 22 frets and the neck is just the right size for an advanced beginner (someone who started maybe a year or 2 ago and is still learning about the different techniques of playing). The one I have is a black finish but it's available in red and silver also. There are 4 controls- 2 volume and 2 tones. There is a 3 way Switch selector. Nothing was included when I purchased it. I also have a Standard Fender Strat and there are many advantages to this guitar over a Strat or a guitar similar to a Strat. For example, the strings are stringed in through the side not in a string-thru body way so the strings have more pressure going over the bridge which results in a deeper darker sound than a Strat which is stringed through the body. Also, the head is slightly angled back allowing the strings to have more pressure and be lower to the guitar. These 2 features allow for a darker sounding instrument. Overall the features of this guitar are basic, nothing added such as the drop D Switch like the 75. Just enough to play many different kinds of music when toned and used differently. I found it was a little hard to reach the higher frets due to the style and body of the guitar but it can be done. // 8

Sound: This guitar is very versatile and it can create low grunge sounds as well as higher lighter sounds. I'm using a Fender 212R 100W amp with it and it sounds awesome and I can't really compare the sound because thats the only amp I use. There can be rich/full sounds as well as brighter sounds by adjusting tone control. With tone all the way down it doesn't sound as good as other guitars of its kind. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: There weren't any problems with my guitar when I got it first. The only thing was that there were a few small hairline scratches on the bag from people playing it in the store. The pickups were adjusted perfectly and as far as I can see, factory set-up was perfect. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't play without a back up at a gig, but from my experience, this guitar will outstand live playing more than a Fender Strat. Strats are starting be known as not being reliable while live playing. A lot of people play strats for recording and Switch to gibsons or Ibanez for the live part. The strap buttons were a little loose when I recieved the guitar, so a quick turn of the screwdriver fixed this and now they are holding up just fine. I wouldn't use it on a gig without a backup because I wouldn't use any guitar without a back up, things have to every model and every brand of guitar. It seems that the finish will last considering that I've had it for 2 years and I don't have a single dent in it. // 10

Overall Impression: I play grunge and metal music, some punk but not a lot. I've been playing for 3 years and I own a Fender Strat and an Alvarez acoustic. Also my Fender amp, distortion pedals and picks. I wouldn't have traded in this buy for anything else. If it were stolen I would definately buy a new one. I love the color and sound of the pickups, the shape could be changed so to better reach the higher frets. I wish it had more frets and easier access to these frets. // 10

GAX70 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 30, 2005

Purchased from: eBay

Features: This is a fabulous Ibanez GAX70, manufactured in Indonesia. It has a bolt-on neck, with 22 frets. This guitar looks great with its double cutaway body, and cherry red finish. It features a 3-way tone Switch, 2 volume, and 2 tone knobs. This guitar is inexpensive but very capable. // 10

Sound: I've only played guitar for about 5 months, but this guitar is great for what I can play like ska and rock. I'm just playing through a crappy Johnson practice amp. You can get a clean sound, but you'll have to work with the tone knobs and amp settings. This sucker also screams if you want it to. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up alright, but I bought it used, so that just proves that everything is adjustable to your preference. Although it seemed unabused and fairly new, the finish was cracked in some spots, and the neck was also slightly cracked. Even though it was used, It's pretty hard to crack a neck that new. The only problems were those cosmetic ones. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The finish seems like it will become chipped and busted, but the hardware, and strap buttons are solid. I'd gig it without a backup if I had to, but you always need a backup. // 8

Overall Impression: I can't play any cool music since I've been playing less than 1/2 year but I like B. B. King & rock. I own an Epiphone les paul special, a thrashed memphis Strat copy, and an El Cheapo acoustic. If this got stolen I'd just beat the guy up who took it, then buy another one. One thing I don't like is the uneven weight. The neck is heavier than the body, so it always wants to tip over. But it's really light. I compared it to my Epiphone special, and it stands up pretty good. I added this guitar to my arsenal because of it's extreme cheap price and good features. You should run yourself to the closest music store and get this beautiful baby. // 10

GAX70 Reviewed by: Bloody Mary, on may 15, 2006

Features: This guitar's pretty bland so there's not very many features. 22 frets, double cuts, 2 tone/volume knobs, three-way toggle, and two passive humbuckers. Standard Tune-O-Matic bridge with stopbar and non-locking tuners. The guitar is made out of agathis so that is definately not a plus and the neck is maple with a rosewood fretboard. The neck is also real thin which I don't like as I have big hands that tend to get cramped on thin necks. Mine came in the trans red. // 7

Sound: It plays well with metal and anything else in the catagory. It doesn't have alot of tone to it and produces a pretty bright sound out of my little Crate practice amp. It also makes quite a bit of feedback which isn't a huge problem, but can get annoying after a while. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was real low and the humbuckers were set decently enough to just plug in and play. The fretbars kind of hang of the edge of the fretboard, but just barely. The finish on mine was pretty flawless with no runs, scratches, or anything of that sort. The input jack and toggle did come loose alot but if you tighten the nuts on then it's an easy fix. // 5

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is pretty solid, I probably wouldn't play live with it though just because it doesn't sound that great. Strap buttons are solid and have never come loose while I've owned it. // 8

Overall Impression: It's a good beginner's guitar as it's simple and easy to play. I also own an Epiphone G-400 and it blows this one away easily but it's also a little higher on the food chain so that's to be expected. If it were stolen or lost I probably wouldn't worry about it too much, I would be disappointed about losing a guitar but I would get over it soon enough. The only thing that I really dislike about this guitar is the thin neck, but most people like the thinner necks so it's just personal taste on that. // 8

GAX70 Reviewed by: acousticky14, on march 28, 2007

Sound: I play any kinds of music but mostly blues or rock I can't get a blues tone but with the right effects maybe it's possible. The humbucker makes this guitar great for rock. but this axe doesn't have a great sustain. I use a 10 watts Marshall amp and it sounds great. I have a Boss overdrive and a Ibanez weeping Demon and this guitar is great with them. Great sound! This could play metal, rock, funk or any sorts you just have to set and choose the right effects to get the sound you want. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Great action. Low with no fret buzz. Pickups are a bit high but it's easy to adjust. There are some super tiny flaws but that is only of you pay super close attention to the details, but if not it's flawless. The screws are rusted but I think that's my fault. My tone control knob is also a bit scratchy sometimes. // 8

Reliability & Durability: You might want to make a few upgrades before you use this axe live because this is a Ibanez gio and gios are not really meant for live playing although in it's current condition it will withstand Live playing if you use a good amp. The hardware will last. Solid strap buttons. Of course I'll have back up in case my strings break. No major problems about my guitar this would last if you don't abuse it. // 9

Overall Impression: It match my styles which is funk, blues, classic rock, metal and I think any kinds. I've been playing for almost 1 year and I've tried different kinds of begginer guitars and I think this one is the best. If this was stolen I'd kill the theif who stole this because I had to earn money to have this, although I might not buy it again because I wanna try other guitars but I will miss this one though. I love this guitar it's great and is better than any begginer guitars I've tried. The only thing I hate about this is that this is too heavy for me. I love everything about this axe. I wish it has a whammy bar but I'm contented cause this wouldn't look good with a whammy bar anyway. // 9

GAX70 Reviewed by: chilli99, on july 02, 2007

Sound: I enjoy a range of music that has led me to play anything from CCR to Black Sabbath to Metallica to Pain of Salvation to Avenged Sevenfold on this guitar. The guitar lacks sustain and some of the punch and power that might be found on the recordings of those musicians, but it still puts out a sound that is enjoyable to say oh I'm playing such and such a song. I play through a Line6 Spider III 15W amp and have Vwah, chorus and distortion pedals (that I rarely use because of the amp) and I am able to get just about any sound I want between tweaking my guitar or the amp. The low end gets noisy, especially when the amp and guitar are turned all the way up (small surprise) and the strings vibrate upon occasion but better finger positioning will usually fix that. Because of the variety this guitar gives for it's range of sound I found it to be a great beginner's instrument // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set up on this guitar was great for a starter, not too low like some other Ibanez's or too high like other guitars I've played. I felt with this the action was set at a range where anyone could easily press all the strings and learn to play quickly. The pickups were fine. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar could go through an amp and come out the other side and still be playing if it wasn't your own amp you just broke. The one flaw with this guitar is the strap buttons, I've seen this guitar slip and fall several times, but not ever while the person was just playing, each time the guitar was no worse for wear, this is built solid. Simple strap clips will also solve this problem easily (if one insists on screwing around). I've owned this guitar for 4 years now and a friend has had one for 5 or 6 and both still look store new and play the way they did on day 1. If you take care of your guitar (including the small unforseeable accidents) this guitar was built to last. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, great guitar for a starter, lots of versatility and it sounds good enough. It's cheaper than other starter guitars and when I both this I managed to talk them down so I paid a heck of a lot less than I would have getting an Epiphone or something else of similar quality. // 10

GAX70 Reviewed by: tmd9314, on october 08, 2007

Purchased from: Daddys Junky Music

Features: This guitar is pretty basic but really good as a begginer guitar. Mine is a special one from a jumpstart package that came with gig bag, mini amp, cable, digital tuner, and a cable. It only has one tone and one volume though. The 2 pickups are the best I've seen on a guitar of the price. Tends to go out of tune pretty easily when using a lot of vibrados and crazy solo stuff. Overall better features than expected. // 8

Sound: This guitar was pretty good for metal and rock but reallu buzzy on high volume going through my Vox but when going through the amp that came with it it buzzes crazily on low volume. I replaced the pickups with a dimarzio fred for the bridge and a paf for the neck. Now it sounds great for everything but the input jack could be replaced with something that doesn't loosen and buzz when it loosens. Just don't expect to play loudly with the thing. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Overall ith was set up pretty well. I had to lower the acion a bit and press down the frets a little to get better action without fret buzz. Pickups had to be raised a litle to get a better sound. wiring was a bit messy but worked fine. No routing or finish flaws. Overall not bad because this was meant to be more a beginner guitar. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I would not use it for live playing unless it were to have new tuners installed but it is very reliable in every other way. The thing is a beast when it comes to durability. I slipped on ie and the thing slammed into the pavement in a cheap gig bag and the thing survived perfectly. The strap button (actually a screw and some form of washer) ripped out of the wood after a couple of months but liquid nail fixed that and it's been fine for 2 years. The fnish scratches easily so try not to hit it with anything. // 8

Overall Impression: I play a lot of different kinds of rock metal and reggae and this was a good match. For $200 it was a great guitar however it didn't work well for reggae and wasn't that great for metal. This is my first and only guitar (I'm getting a new one soon) and I've been playing it for 2 years now. If it were stolen I'd try to hunt down whoever got it but I wouldn't buy a new one. I play it through a good Vox amp and a Dunlop jimmy hendrix wah. I don't really love anything about except the new pickups. I hate the input jack which gets loose and buzzes often so I will get a new heavy duty one. No favorite feature. It is the best beginner guitar I've played. I've compared it to cheap Strat copies wth wimpy single coils and reaaly beefy necks that have horrible action. I wish it had coil taps now that I've installed new pickups. Overall I haven't seen a better guitar at $200. // 7

GAX70 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 08, 2007

Purchased from: Earle Teat Music

Features: The features of the GAX70 have been listed here many times, so I'll keep it simple and tell you mine is Transparent Red 1999 or 2000 model. I give it a 5 on features, because I feel it is just average. It does it's job, but no frills. Some like to argue that the agathis guitars never sound good, but I think this one does alright. // 5

Sound: I rate it at 7 on sound. It actually has a very nice sound, for a $200 guitar. I play rock, alternative, metal, southern rock, and mess around with some classic rock and 80's stuff. It does alright with any style, but I like it distorted heavily the best. I've played similar guitars, cheaper guitars, and high end guitars. Don't expect to pick this thing up and have the clarity of a high end PRS, but don't expect it to sound like a cheap guitar either. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this guitar is great. I like low actions with thin necks and this is perfect for me. Very easy to play. When I pickup some expensive guitars, they feel terrible to me after playing this. Ibanez is known for their thin necks and great action though. It is also a matter of personal preference. It's a comfortable guitar to play, and looks good for it's price. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I'm sure a 10 seems very high to rate this low-budget Ibanez, but allow me to explain. I bought my GAX70 new 8ish years ago. It has been my primary guitar ever since. When I bought it, I had played for only a matter of months. It has had a lot of use. It has sat in my garage for the last 3-4 years where it is hot in the summer and cold in the winter (no A/C, no constant heat). The garage is also a rough environment because of the additional moisture compared to most homes. Even with all that abuse, it shows little damage. My pcikups are starting to show signs of light rust (very mild, and impressive considereing how many sets of strings get rusty out in tht garage). It has a worn area on the back, because I often play wearing a jacket in the garage during cold weather. There are also minor flaws, but I can't see any guitar not having flaws in this environment. I cut steel, weld, etc. near it without even moving it. I am extremely impressed for the price of this guitar, and couldn't ask for better durability. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, I think it's a great guitar. My personal favorite beater guitar. Sure, I like the expensive Dean MLs (own one) and the Les Pauls and PRS guitars, but I like playing this withouyt worrying about it. I play a friends PRS Custom 22 on a regular basis, and with it's $2000+ price tag, I worry about scratching it up or causing any kind of damage. I strap my GAX70 on and just enjoy playing. I have added Straploks since I play it in a garage and run it into stuff, I do at least like to keep it strapped to me. I may be adding some pickups in the near future for a little beefier sound, just because I would like to do some recording and it does lack some clarity and gain that I would like to have. My Dean ML has a better sound, but it's not nearly as comfortable to paly as this thing, and I worry too much about it. I would certainly buy another GAX70 or possibly take a step up if this guitar was lost or stolen. // 8

GAX70 Reviewed by: spartan 118, on january 07, 2008

Purchased from: Local music shop.

Features: I'm pretty sure this beast was made in Indonesia, like most other Ibanezs. It has 22 frets and the neck is very thin. It has a nice (and durable) black finish that makes it look wonderful. This guitar sort of looks like a double cutaway Les Paul. It is equipped with a Tune-O-Matic bridge, and mine had two Seymour Duncan distortion humbuckers slapped in there. Finally, it had 2 volume and tone knobs, and a 3-way toggle switch. // 9

Sound: I run this monster through a DigiTech RP250 to my Behringer GM108 amp. The only excess noise I get is probably from my distortion settings on my RP, but those are blocked with a noise gate. This guitar suits all types of playing: blues, metal, rock, you name it, this is versatile enough to perform it, and perform it well. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was perfect on this guitar, and the pickups were spectacular. The only complaint I have on this guitar would be a chip in the finish on the upper cutaway. I'm sure the owner before me put it there and not the factory, so, I won't hold that against my review. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I can say with confidence that this guitar would withstand Live playing. Fast neck, solid strap buttons, this thing is very dependable. I would definitely use it without a backup. I could probably throw this through two brick walls, pick it up, and bust an insane solo, drop it from a tall building, pick it up, maybe tune it a little, and bust another solo. No problems with this guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mostly metal and have owned one guitar before this one. If it were stolen or lost, I would probably save up for an RG and get on of those, but this guitar is amazing for beginner to intermediate levels. The only thing that I wish was on here would be a whammy bar, but that would look pretty weird now, wouldn't it? To the guys at Ibanez: Thank you for once again making a spectacular guitar. // 10

GAX70 Reviewed by: vitax, on january 07, 2008

Purchased from: local shop

Features: Well, this babe was made in 2000 and it was made in Indonesia. It has 22 frets, the neck is thin (like most of the Ibanez ones)and it's a maple one (I got the limited edition one, with Epiphone neck). It's of course a solid-top and the body is maple. I got the trasparent one, really cool color! The body is cutaway (similar to the SG) and the bridge is the one of the GAX75 without the D tuner. It has 2 humbuckers and so the selector is 3-way, and knobs are 4: volume and tone for the neck humbucker, and other volume and tone for the bridge humbucker. The pickups are Ibanez (not the best but ok). // 8

Sound: I'm actually playing hard rock and various metal styles, and I have to say it's suits all of them. I'm currently using it with a Fender Frontman 25R, not really good amp for the music I play, a DigiTech Death Metal and Behringer Ultra Flanger. I have to say it's pretty noisy, especially with the bridge humbucker. Using the neck humbucker, you'll get a really rich tone for jazz and even solos, using both humbuckers you get tone between rich and bright tone, and of course the bridge humbucker is mainly for riffs and stuff. with this guitar you can go from blues/jazz to any type of rock, but not heavy stuff. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: the guitar is set-up perfectly, except for the tuners which I had to screw them up a lot, and the pickups are fine, even thou I'd like to have the bridge one a bit lower. The guitar was nearly perfect except for the noisy pickup selector and the knobs which loose easily. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I did 4 concerts with this guitar, and each of it lasted about 2 hours, and I've to say that the hardware is indestructible like the strap buttons. I've never had a backup, but I think is pretty reliable. The finish is pretty good for the price I paied it. // 10

Overall Impression: I play various type of rock, included hard rock, and this guitar doesn't match not with metal and heavy distortion. I've been playin for 7 years. I own an Ibanez RG2550E prestige with a 80 watts Crate amp, don't know the exact model cause it's used, but I know that the preamp is a valve one. // 8

GAX70 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 05, 2008

Features: I'm not exactly sure when my guitar was made, because I bought it used. I would say it's been around awhile though, because when I look at the current editions, there are a few differences (though the major things are the same) in the cosmetics of the guitar. Mine has some cheap Speed Knobs, but they work, so I'm not gonna complain. It has 22 Frets (I think Jumbo, but they might be smaller). It's a pretty bare-bones guitar. No tremolo, no expensive locking tuners, and no insane colors (Mine's white). It's cool though, cause a lot of people have confused it with a Gibson SG. It sort of looks like one, only with really wide hips. // 8

Sound: This Ibanez has what it calls "Two Powersound Humbuckers!" I'd say they aren't that great, but they work. I play a wide range of music, from AC/DC to Alan Jackson to Disturbed. This guitar pretty much fills my need for rock, and when it doesnt't', I have a really cheap Squier Bullet Strat taht doesn't sound too bad that I use for other styles. But I also play through about the cheapest setup money can buy. I have a 15 Watt RMS Bass amp (I like it because it has 5-band EQ, as opposed to the 3-band you find on most practice amps) and a Danelectro Fab Metal Distortion pedal (cost's fifteen bucks new). I was playing along with the song Take My Hand by Simple Plan, and my guitar was identical in tone and gain with the song. It was cool!!!! // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: As I said, I bought mine used, so I don't know how much work the people at the store had to put into it to make it ready to sell, but I haven't had to do anything to the action at all. I've messed with the pickups, but I don't even know where they originally were. That's just a matter of personal taste. They sounded fine before I fiddled with them. When I got it, only thing missing was the little plastic cover that screws on to the 3-way toggle Switch. (unimportant, and still missing). Finish looks good, but it's a bit plain for me. Still, I don't mind it. I'd prefer people in a crowd were looking at me more than my guitar. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Will this guitar stand up to Live playing? Definitly! This thing is a beast!! I've dropped it more times than I can count and not a thing has been broken or loosened or repaired or anything. I've played it Live a few times, and it's really durable. I even dropped it on Concrete once. Didn't break a thing. The finish has not one scratch. (no thanks to me). I love how long it's lasting. The only reason I would have a backup is if I had old strings that were ready to break. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, I love this guitar. Sturdy, decent sounding, and appealing to the eye (even if it is a little bland). Even so, I am going to sell it. I'm saving up for an Epiphone 1966 G-400 SG (Heritage Cherry). I prefer the Alnico humbuckers that the SG has to what my Ibanez has on it. Even after it's gone though, I'm gonna remember it for a long time as my first "Real" Electric Guitar. // 9

GAX70 Reviewed by: jeffo46, on february 09, 2009

Purchased from: E-Bay

Features: I'm just guessing but, I think that mine was probably made around 2002 or so. It's one of the Indonesian models and is a Transparent Red finish with 2 Powersound Humbuckers and a 3 way pup Switch along with 22 frets. I guessing that the wood is Agathis and the fretboard is definatelt Rosewood with a Maple neck. The Bridge is a Tune-O-Matic with a Stop tailpiece and the controls are 2 volume and tone knobs. It also came with a heavy duty Ibanez gig bag which was a extra plus. // 8

Sound: The Powersound pickups on this guitar are very tricky and quite deceitful at first if you don't adjust them right. When I first got this guitar, it needed a lot of work which I'll go into later. Once I adjusted the pickups, I noticed that they're not that bad at all. I am using my Crate GTD120 with this guitar, and using the clean channel with the chorus effect on the clean channel produces a very bright, almost trebly sounding effect which is great for those Hair Metal power ballads. When I kicked in the Distortion channel, I found out that these pickups can produce some serious sustain and could most likely hold their own on stage. They're perfect for Nu-Metal, Classic Rock, or 80's Hair Metal which is what I prefer to play. All in all, not bad at all! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Here is where I wasn't pleased at all and this was only due to the fact that I had won this on E-Bay, and that the previous owner had obviously had no respect for his equipment. When this came in, the neck had a serious bow in it, dirt and grime were prevalent all over the guitar inside and out, one of the tone knobs was completely disengaged from the body. It was just a f--king mess. I had to do a truss rod adjustment, intonate the guitar, clean the body and electronics inside and out, put on a new set of strings, clean and polish the frets, polish and buff the body, retighten the tuners and all the rest of the hardware on the guitar, put a shim under the neck. Once I did all of that, which by the way, cost me nothing only because I've been playing for over 36 years and am quite capable of doing my own repair work, I ended up with a guitar which looks like it just came out of the box, Brand New. Now, it's a keeper! // 5

Reliability & Durability: Now that I did the afore mentioned repairs up above, I do believe that this guitar will be with me a very long time. I do tend to baby all of my equipment, and seeing that I am not made of money, like to enjoy everything that I do have. I believe that I could use this at a gig without a backup. I don't forsee any problems at all with this guitar. She's a keeper. // 8

Overall Impression: I play Classic Rock and 80's Hair Metal and this guitar seems to be a perfect fit for it. I've been playing for over 36 years and besides this, I also have a 2006 MIM Fender Sunburst Strat and a 2007 Crate GTD120 Combo amp. If this were stolen would I buy another one, I'm not sure, seeing that it's only a $200.00 guitar and that I only paid $90.00 for it on E-Bay. I only got it because I was skimming on there one night and I saw how low the price was and I thought that it would be a good backup only I wasn't aware how badly the condition of it was. If I had known, I probably wouldn't had bothered, because the seller had assured me through several emails that the guitar was in good shape. Well, now that I did do some work on it, it now is. // 8

GAX70 Reviewed by: metalgirl0, on march 25, 2010

Price paid: C$ 250

Purchased from: Steve's Music Store

Features: Made in 2005, this guitar was made in Malaysia. It features 22 medium frets, a bolt-on 24.75" scale maple neck with a rosewood fretboard, black glossy finish, two passive humbuckers, a three-way selector, 4 knobs (2 for volume of each pickups, and 2 for tone) and a tune-o-matic bridge. All of these mounted on a double-cut styled mahogany body. // 7

Sound: I play mostly metal, this guitar suits it well, but the pickups that came with it aren't the best around, but they are not noisy, I am using it with a Crate GTX65, with only distortion, it does sound good with it. I think this guitar is pretty versatile for a guitar of this price. I don't have much to say about it. The mahogany body gives it a "full" sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought it the action was a little high, but I simply adjusted it. The pickup height was perfectly adjusted, and the guitar itself, didn't have flaws. The finish and everything was in good condition mostly because I bought this instrument brand new. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar would withstand gig playing, I would use it without backup, I've had this guitar for 4 years and the only problem I had with it was the output jack had a broken wire. It isn't a difficult repair at all, just re-soler the wire and that's it. I really trust this guitar in reliability, it is very well made for a 250$ guitar. The only complaint I have here is that the strap buttons are a little bit too small, causing the strap to fall off at certain angles, I swap them out for bigger and better ones. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, for a guitar I had for 250$ brand new, it is very good. It was my first guitar and I am still using it today, I also have a LTD F-250. It does well for playing rock and metal music, but maybe I would swap out the cheap pickups that came with it for something better, like Duncans or EMGs. What I love the most about this guitar is the feel. It feels perfect to me, and the body shape is very comfortable while playing sit. If it was lost, I don't think I would buy another one, even if it is great, I think I would invest in a higher end model. I would recommend it to any beginner seeking to buy a cheap electric guitar. I only wish it had better stock pickups. // 9

GAX70 Reviewed by: Daylan, on june 28, 2010

Purchased from: Muscians Supplies

Features: I have, of course, the Ibanez GAX70 in a solid green color. I want to say the neck is maple and the body is rosewood, but it may be switched. It has 22 frets and 2 humbuckers w/ a 3-way switch. I didn't get anything with it though...just the guitar itself. // 8

Sound: Like what other people say, it can be used for a multitude of styles like rock, metal, pop, ect. I'm using an Ibanez 25 watt X-treme amp w/ distort button. It sounds absolutely amazing compared to my friends epiphone. There is a slight noise from the A string when left alone on distort, but other than that, it's good. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: There's absolutely no flaws except for the little nut where the jack goes into. It's a little loose and needs tightening every once in a while. Other than that though, it's awesome. I'm suppose to put more words in here, but I can't because there's nothing else to say in this section. I'm sorry, but it's part of the requirement... // 9

Reliability & Durability: For the 3 years (4 this christmas) I've been having this guitar, it has dropped I know hundreds of times, beaten up against walls (accedently mind you), rough playing...and not a single problem. I'm sure that this guitar is reliable with live play. The hardware as well is awesome, even though I want to experiment with different pickups, the stock will last. Strap buttons are a dream. They have stayed where they have been placed...but I don't know why they would move or even become loose...that would be clumsy on the maker's part. As for the finish, other than the oil stain from my wrist, it has been as mat as the day I got it. But, there's a few chips where I droped it and it hit a hard, sharp surface. other than that, it's golden. // 10

Overall Impression: in one word: Amazing! 10/10 I usually play rock/metal and it delivers as far as sound. The first day of me playing a guitar was back in 6th grade which was back in...2004. I started out with a First Act Acoustic and then in 8th grade back in '06 that's when I got the guitar I'm reviewing about. If it was stolen, I would get a new one once I got the money. All love, no hate about this guitar. // 10

GAX70 Reviewed by: truepiece, on july 05, 2010

Price paid: € 200

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia and has: 22 medium frets, rosewood fingerboard, maple neck, SG-like body, tune-o-matic bridge, 2 passive humbuckers, 2 tone and 2 volume knobs, 3 way selector, chrome machine heads. The cutaway is not to deep, so you really have to struggle to get to the 22nd fret, mostly of the lowest strings. // 9

Sound: I am using it with Guitar Rig 2 and 3, so I can test the guitar in many sound styles. I personally prefer playing hard rock and metal, and when combined with the corresponding amps and effects, the guitar rocks. Its rhythms with the bridge HB are sharp and bright, and the solos are the same. With the neck pickup, it can provide a wonderful LesPaul-ish fat sound, and also great smooth sound for shredding. In clean and less distorted setups, it also outputs very good Strat sounds with the bridge, and lespaul sounds with the neck. Very good for blues. I although find some problems of eliminating the noise when playing at high gains and low action. With some noise gates or threshold it's ok, I lose gain however. Nothing too bad, just messing with the settings. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The only problem that I can think of, is that the input jack was loose, so I had to tighten it up with my hand often. With some screwdriver work however, the problem never showed up again. The action also was a bit lower than normal, but of course it was no problem to raise it up. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I own this guitar more than 2.5 years, without playing it live. Only studio jams (and of course lots of house playing). I think it can withstand one gig, although the strings (actually the E) seem to break easily when bending heavily at high frets. The finish is very good, and after drops and several hits, it is as good as new. Its unput jack however, broke some months ago and needed replace. The thing that broke was that little piece of metal inside the jack that holds the cable jack, and resists from connecting the cable to the guitar (hope you understand) I never had problems with the strap buttons, although I recommend strap locks. I would never gig without a backup, of course. The bad thing about it is that the frets have become really bad. They are now flat rather than circular. I don't think that has affected the sound, but I guess it caused some fretting problems. It is fully playable though, just not as good as before 2.5 years. // 7

Overall Impression: The guitar is pretty good for its money in most of musical styles. I play with it almost 3 years, and the only problems where the fret wear and the jack replacement. If it were stolen, I would surely buy another guitar with the double price or more. It's fretboard is very very nice to play, and it is a pretty guitar (better than it looks in the pics). I chose it over a GRG170DX, because I think you cannot get a good 3-pickup and tremolo guitar with this amount of money. In these prices I think simple=better. // 9

GAX70 Reviewed by: DaysofGrace, on august 04, 2010

Purchased from: GuitarCenter.com

Features: A 22-fret, double cutaway, low action beauty. Wicked-thin neck and rosewood fretboard make hand movement and chord transitions extremely easy. Three-way selector (Bridge/Both/Neck) adds versatility to this axe. The bridge pickup gives a sharp, bright tone while the neck pickup is sort of muddy and groggy. Twin passive humbucker pickups provide great sound. 2 volume and 2 tone knobs (a set for each pickup). Low action, stays in tune very well even whilst in drop tunings (I, personally, have gotten it to work wonderfully at Drop C). My only criticism is that it is a little bit top heavy. The neck tends to drop when you play standing up. It takes some getting used to. // 9

Sound: I play mostly alternative rock on this guitar (Three Days Grace, Paramore, Breaking Benjamin, etc.) and it covers all my bases. I have played blues and older rock on it whitch also sounds great. I currently have mine hooked up to a DigiTech RP350 Multi-Effects pedal and a Peavey Vypyr 15W amp. You kind of need to just play with the tone knobs until you get it to a good sound. (I play mine on the bridge pickup with the tone just short of maxed out on the treble side). Overall, though, it can play any genre of music. With the right settings, it can do oldies, blues, metal, pop, or whatever you please. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar has worked perfectly since the moment I plugged it in a year ago. I really can't think of any flaws in it at all. Bridge was fine (Did have a few issues with it cutting into the low E string and causing it to break, but it seems to have self-corrected), pickups were set well, and the tuners tightly placed. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would totally use this without a backup. I've never had a problem with it during performances in the year that I've had it. The strap buttons are fin, but, as I suggest with everyone, maybe put some staplocks on it because the way it sits when playing whilst standing tends to pull the strap off. Of course, I dinged up the finish on mine when I forgot to take my keys of my belt... So, if you don't key it, it'll look beautiful // 9

Overall Impression: For an amatuer alternative rock rhythm guitarist the Ibanez Gio: GAX70 is an awesome guitar. If it were stolen, I would probably get me another just because I love it so damn much. I love the feel of the neck, the shape of the body, and the easy of use. Amazing piece of equipment! // 10

GAX70 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 04, 2011

Purchased from: ebay

Features: I bought my GAX70 off ebay used 2 months ago. It was made in Indonesia. It has 22 frets on a rosewood fretboard, has a basswood body and a maple neck. Has a Full Tone bridge, SG style body, and passive humbuckers. 2 volume and 2 tone control knobs. Another cool feature is the tailpiece, so the strings down run through the body. // 7

Sound: I play many styles of rock and experimental type music. Also a lot of metal and some blues and Indie style. This guitar is good really for someone playing rock or metal rhythm, ok for lead but the thick necks makes it hard to fly from fret to fret. I use a Squier Champ 15 Watt, usually put it on a high treble with a bright sound to play lead rock or metal on the Bridge pick-up. Works nice with this, but again, this guitar is definitely best suited for rhythm. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't get this guitar new, so I'm not sure about how well it was set up, but the basswood body is nice and light and the fretboard is pretty high quality. The finish isn't good, but it ain't bad either, just Standard black, it can get a little boring. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I've never played live (this is my second guitar owned), but this could definitely handle a live show. Built like a tank! The hardware and strap buttons are good quality, and the finish hasn't worn off. // 9

Overall Impression: Really to be honest, this guitar is pretty bad quality compared to other guitars, but for 200 dollars new, its definitely worth that money. I'd recommend it for someone starting to play rhythm guitar and looking for something that will last. Stays in tune pretty well, but make sure to tune before every use. The neck can be very sticky, so just rub a little dab of baby oil over the entire neck and you'll be fine. I've only owned two guitars, both cheap and generally lower quality than this, but I've played countless others and say I know a lot about guitars, and for this price, this guitar is great. But this will not suit someone other than a beginner or intermedate player. // 7

GAX70 Reviewed by: StaindFan97, on august 23, 2012

Purchased from: E&F Music

Features: Made in Indonesia, this guitar (my main axe for now) features a 22-fret rosewood fingerboard, two passive humbucking pickups, two tone/two volume, a 3-way toggle pickup selector (it's laid out like a Les Paul), and a Tune-O-Matic bridge. The body is made of... Agathis or alder, I'm not sure, and the neck is maple. // 9

Sound: I can pretty much produce every tone under the sun with this guitar. And the harmonics, both artificial and natural, sing beautifully. I did have to raise my pickups to get it like this, but that's a 2-minute job. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar is set up excellently. Action is nice and low, no buzzing, just perfect. The finish on the guitar (I believe the options were red, black, white, platinum, and orange) is rather nice and pretty durable. Mine is the platinum, which is the second least common, next to the orange. And the guitar is very good-looking, I believed it's based on the PRS Santana, it's also extremely comfortable, about 4-6 lbs. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has been my main on stage for about eight months. It's truly a wonderfully crafted instrument, with fantastic tone, and I do gig it without a backup. It also holds tune for days on end. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is just incredible, the only thing it lacks is a trem, then I would never ever get a guitar to replace it. Though, once I get an Epiphone Les Paul Studio, I'm putting a Bigsby on this... So, yeah. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ S7521 8 Electric Guitars 11/26/2014