GRG07 LDT-2 Review

9.9
 8.3
reviews (3) 41 comments vote for this gear:
GRG07 LDT-2 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 06, 2007

Features: This guitar was made fairly recently, as part of the Ibanez 2007 Spring Special Extreme Gears. I believe it is limited edition, but I don't know. Anywho, it has 24 frets, a fairly good sized neck, and features 2 knobs, 1 volume, and one tone, and a 5-way pickup selector. It has an all white body with blood splatter finish, (one of the coolest parts of it), and features a non-locking trem (it just kind of hangs there). It has a GRG body style, and a basswood body. // 10

Sound: This guitar suits the styles that fall between hard rock and death metal (throw a little techno sound when you have the pickup Switch facing the neck, and the tone Switch down). I am using a Peavy Rage amp, and it sounds sooo good. It has a very nice, clean sound. This guitar (because of the added trem bar) can make a whole whack of sounds. I, personally, can make the divebomb noise, the motorbike noise, and the pac-man/ghost noise. But there probably is a lot of sounds I don't even know about that it can make. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: No flaws in this guitar. It is all aligned so perfectly, it is like God himself said something like "Let there be the most amazing metal axe ever created!" The most amazing guitar I have ever seen (don't hate on me, I have o find things to say to fill space, or else I can't submit the review). // 10

Reliability & Durability: Durability has always been a problem with good guitars. Fortunately, this guitar is really, really durable. I have knocked it into walls (by accident) and it has dropped more than once (from laying in different places). If I were gonna play a gig, I would go on without a backup, any day. The finish will last a long time, as well. // 10

Overall Impression: This is one amazing guitar. I recommend it to anyone Who wants a nice metal guitar. So remember though, don't be spending all of your time trying to find this. I think it is limited edition, Spring only, (though I got mine the end of August, so there may still be hope). // 10

GRG07 LDT-2 Reviewed by: BlackApparatus, on may 20, 2008

Features: First of all, my guitar is not the GRG07 LTD-2, it's a GRG07 LTD-1. I think the only difference between the two models is the color of the body and the hardware, and the incrustations in their 24 frets. This guitar is satin black, with the blood splatter graphic that the LTD-2's got too. Black hardware, non-locking tremolo bridge, tone and volume knobs and a five-way pickup selector. It was made in Indonesia, and it's a really rare guitar. Features two Ibanez humbuckers that sound really sweet. It also has locks in the top of the neck to prevent it from going out of tune. // 10

Sound: I believe this is a metal guitar. I really like it's sound, even without the distortion pedal I use. I play this axe through a cheap Crate amp and I use a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone distortion pedal. With this guitar and this pedal, I can get the heaviest tones I have ever heard in a guitar. I play using the pickup selector facing down completely, and when I play wothout the distortion, the selector goes all the way up. Whatever song I'm playing, clean or distorted, this guitar makes it sound right. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The hardware is really good quality. The pickups are in a great position, and the guitar has none of it's components loose. The tremolo, even though it's non-locking, doesn't fall off when you're playing onstage and moving the guitar a lot. The bridge doesn't tune out the strings when you use the tremolo, and that's a really big advantage of this guitar. The neck is really comfortable, even when reaching the sixth string's 24 fret. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I've played Live with this guitar, using only my 15w amp and my distortion pedal. I'm a really intense guitarist, so I move the guitar a lot and change positions and it has never fallen off. The strap buttons are tight into the body, and my Gibson strap makes a really good job as well. The finish and the body seem quite resistant, because when transporting it from place to place it has been hit on wall and on the floor and the wood has not fallen off or anything. Seems to me this guitar could last years with the proper maintenance. // 10

Overall Impression: For the music I play with my band, which can include old-school rock like Guns, ACDC, Sabbath, etc nd going all the way to punk and metalcore like Bullet for My valentine, Atreyu, and the old Trivium; this guitar has got what it takes to get a good sound out of our playing. I wish it never gets stolen cuz I'd find it really hard to get a new one. I had to choose this guitar, or an Epiphone Goth Les Paul Studio. I'm a fan of Epiphone's, so at first I regretted it, but now, I'm really satisfied with this great axe. // 10

GRG07 LDT-2 Reviewed by: a1b1c1, on october 21, 2010

Purchased from: Music corner ( South-Africa )

Features: This Guitar was made in Indonesia in 2007, 24 medium frets with pearl sharktooth inlays, pure white body with red blood splatter. Looks freakin insane! Bolt on wizard ii thin maple neck with rosewood fingerboard and a black headstock, FAT 10 non locking tremelo bridge. Standerd Ibanez passive humbuckers, Strat style basswood body, volume and tone control knobs in black and a 5-way selector switch. Came with a Gator hardcase. // 10

Sound: I play all sorts of music from metal to blues, but mostly metal like metallica, acdc, guns and roses and sometimes a little hendrix stuff. I have found that this guitar is best suited for metal, the pups give you an insane sound when distorted and a brilliant sound when playing clean on the neck pick - up ( selestor Switch all the way up. ) I am using a spider iv 75w Line 6 and man there isn't a sound or effect you can't get out of this combination... lots of variety thanks to the amp, I can use 6 effects at the same time with my amp... INSANE! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: For the price you pay this is the best bang for buck! Very well assembled nothing is loose feels solid, kinda heavy but I like it that way, the pickups is very well balanced and at different heights that just brings out that rick Ibanez tone.. love the fat bridge looks old-school and not as difficult to restring as a floyd rose... the neck is thin and lightning fast. This guitar is flawless from foot to toe! love the skark tooth inlay's // 10

Reliability & Durability: My guitar is almost a year old now and I travel alot, really really reliable. Can last a lifetime if taken care off... The finish does not get dirty as fast as a glossy guitar big up on the finish, will use it playing gigs without a backup yeah anytime! totally dependable! Strap buttons is amazing I like the top one it's placed kinda downwards so you can jump and go crazy and the strap stay's in place! // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is metal all the way its a very good match but can also satisfy the blues kinda guys beleive me...hardware looks great and of good quality... I would buy the same one if it gets stolen but if I find the guy who stole it this guitar of mine is gonna have a blood stain extra on it hahaha.. The only thing I think I would change in terms of the sound and build is from Standard open humbuckers to the 81/60 active emg's, I personnaly think that is the best combo for metal with the 60 giving bright clean tones and big lows too and the 81 providing that chugga chugga palm mute metal sound, looks sleek with EMG logo on and a new toggle switch... // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ GRG170DX 8.5 Electric Guitars 12/09/2014