GRG07LTD-1 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 05/04/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: GRG07LTD-1
This guitar was made in 2007 in Japan.
 8.5
 9.6
 7.4
review (1) pictures (1) 17 comments vote for this gear:
GRG07LTD-1 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 04, 2009

Purchased from: Sound & Image

Features: This guitar was made in 2007 in Japan and features a basswood body, bolt-on comfort contoured maple neck, 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard, Ibanez PSDM pickups (H-H), a RG style body, an Edge Pro tremolo, 1 tone, 1 volume, a 5-way pickup selector Switch and die-cast tuners. It comes in black with eerie blood splats. // 10

Sound: My musical style is metal, and through my amp (Marshall VS65R) it sounds fantastic. It does shred tones perfectly, scrubs up nicely for rock and metal and is decent when clean too. So great all round. The sound is extremely variable, and the added benefit of a 5-way pickup switch for 2 humbuckers basicly allows you to coil tap the pickups. It doesn't quite have the tone of a Seymour Duncan JB but is reminiscent of a DiMarzio D-Activator. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was not as low as my Jackson KVX10 but still pretty low when I got it. The pickups were adjusted perfectly, but rhe noisy pickup switch is the only flaw here. The finish is absolutely amazing to look at, even close up and the blood theme is continued on the back as well. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand Live playing and heavy abuse. The hardware will last, the strap has only fallen off once (but being a light guitar, they may need some changing). I can depend on it but I would take my Jackson KVX10 as well. The finish is good enough to last and isn't prone to fingerprints. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is absolutely amazing for the money and suits my style very well. I have been playing for 2 years and I own a Jackson KVX10, a Dean VX, a Jackson KE3, a Michael Kelly Patriot Custom, a BC Rich NT Warlock and a Dean EVO XM. While this isn't the best guitar I own, it certainly comes close and I recommend this guitar for a cash-strapped metal fan or aspiring shredder. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014