GRG170DX Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 12/09/2014 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: GRG170DX
Don't settle for less. With Ibanez less bucks doesn't mean less looks or less tone. The GRG170DX features a maple GRG neck, basswood body, 24 medium frets, FAT 10 bridge, sharktook inlay, and much more!
 Reliability & Durability: 8.8
 8.3
reviews (35) pictures (4) 180 comments vote for this gear:
GRG170DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 19, 2006

Purchased from: Robertville Music Shop

Features: The guitar was made in 2006 and it was made Japan I am pretty sure. It has 24 Medium size frets with a rosewood fingerboard and a maple thin neck. The body is made of basswood. It has a gloss black finish which is really beautiful but easy to stamp your fingerprints on it so it's pretty annoying. The body is an RG style body. The bridge is a FAT10 non-locking floating tremolo. There is one volume control and one tone control with a 5-way pickup selector switch. Fingerboard inlays are Ibanez classic sharktooth which I like very much. Pickup configuration is H/S/H. The features are perfect for me except I would love to have a locking floyd rose tremolo instead of a FAT10. // 9

Sound: It suits up to my style of music perfectly. I play all kind of rock like: death metal, heavy metal of metal or simply hard rock. The guitar sounds perfect to these styles. The bridge pickup is really good for distortion and sounds fat. The neck pickup sounds perfect for solo work beyond 12th fret. The guitar sounds really nice clean. I use a Ibanez IBZ10G guitar amplifier which has really good distortion and works very well with my guitar. When I crank up the distortion it's pretty noisy and sounds bright and rich fat sound. Overall I love the sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was one of the best I have experienced from the first day I got it and it's still the same(I have it since 1 month). It plays easily and dosen't require a lot of effort. The pickups were adjusted correctly I think since I don't know much in pickups. All is perfect. The frets are perfect, the routing is perfect, the bridge is perfect. The finish is a beautiful gloss black. It was really nice out of the factory since right now, it has many fingerprints on it. It's so easy to put your fingerprints on that finish. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar works very well in live conditions. I only experienced that in one little show but I think that it would work really nice. All of the hardware look like it will last. The strap buttons are exceptional. They are bigger than on other guitars. That holds the strap better. Reducing the chance of guitar falling which can damage lot of things. I depend on it 100%. Nothing could harm my playing in a gig. I mean it's so easy to play! And like I said it many times, the finish is too much subject to put your fingerprints on! I have to wipe it really often. But when it is wiped, the finish is as much beautiful as it was coming out of the factory. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all kinds of metal and heavy rock and the guitar works well with all those styles. The guitar distorted sound is perfect for music like: Metallica, Children Of Bodom, Avenged Sevenfold etc. On the clean channel, it works perfectly for classical or western etc. I've been playing since Christmas 2005 and we are in June 2006. So it is about 6 months. I also own a Mansfield acoustic guitar which plays really great. I also own a Qwik Tune Automatic Guitar Tuner. If for whatever reason, I get to don't have my guitar no more I would buy a same one because I got use to playing with it and with it, I am playing exceptionnaly good and I don't want to lose that playing. And I am saving some money for a good quality metal distortion pedal so I don't want to waste my money on really expensive guitars. My likes and dislikes on my guitar: Likes; Sharktooth fingerboard inlays, pickups, easy action, wood resonance, tone. Dislikes; FAT 10 Bridge. I can not change guitar settings except going in dropped D due to the tremolo bridge. I chose this guitar because it plays great and looks great and has a reasonable price. And for the price, you get a lot of good quality. The only thing I wished it had is a floyd rose locking tremolo system. Overall, I like very much my guitar and for now, it is the best I've played. It's a must have. // 10

GRG170DX Reviewed by: faust_damned, on february 19, 2007

Features: So, enter, stage right, the GRG170DX! My particular model is fairly new, 2005-made, in the lands of Indonesia. Right, now let's get to the basics, tackling each item in order. The guitar features a 24 medium - fret neck, which I can only classify as thick. The specs for the neck are detailed on the home website (which I encourage readers to check out); but, in comparison, a Peavey's neck as compared to this one is like stacking baby David against mother Goliath. It definitely needs time to sink in, but when you've got it mastered, boy, you are flying! The entire axe is made out of a single (as I gather, and if not, it shows tremendously fine bindig) piece of basswood, with a full-on black (in my particular case) finish. Featuring a Fat10 bridge, and incorporating a floating tremolo (to which aspect I shall return), a simple, "One volume + one tone knob" combination (simplicity does pay off; really) and a 5-way pickup selector that enables you to Switch in between the H/S/H layout, this guitar might be the quintessence of the affordable "metal axe"! Sadly, though, mine didn't come with any added accessories, leaving me to "fend for myself". Still, I don't think this can be a generalised issue. On the whole, the features of the guitar make it very appealing, their versatility earning the GRG 170 some 9 points. Why 9 and not 10? Well, because of it's neck, that in my case needed a little getting used to. I might chuck in here a complaint concerning the lack of jumbo or even medium-jumbo frets, but I'll leave it out, considering that: this guitar isn't really that suited for beginners, and medium frets mean faster action. // 9

Sound: To clear things up from the get-go: this axe can cut. Really. It'll cut your audience to shreds if you're not careful with it. Personally, we together play, or should I say, kill, anything that says black, death, grind, thrash or you-name-it metal. For classic-rock, blues, jazz or other lame attempts of mine, I set it aside. It really packs too much "oomph" for those musical genres (besides, my playing them isn't that great). What makes it churn out aggression is a reasonably good distortion pedal. In my case, I use a DigiTech RP50 guitar processor, custom-set to the distortion(s) of my liking. To emphasize, I played it during one rehearsal connected as follows: GRG170 - RP50 - a 1950 (yes, year of fabrication), Soviet-made, run-down equalizer with two 100 W speakers that were so out of use that the other guitar (no names given, this is an Ibanez review) was barely as loud as the drum part. The thing that made it howl was it's remarkable build, that, when cranked up to full volume, it absolutely overwhelmed the drums (indeed, I was caught playing out of time because I couldn't hear the drums properly). More recently, I play it through a Fender 65R (reverb is sweet), that took care of any inconveniences related to it's sound. Ok, take three. The tremolo arm. Well, this one is tricky. It has amazing versatility and ease of use (remember it "floats"), allowing even a friend of mine (guitarist for about two months) to bombdive, vibrate, bend or anything else that you wish like the pros. This ease of use can, however, lead to discomfort, as it again needs getting used to; if you plan on using it, make sure you're paying close attention to the hand holding it (I.e. the picking hand, unless some of you have three arms), and don't move it closer or farther from the body or you'l immediately find yourself "floating" and don't know where that came from. That being said, we move on. The axe's sound has a remarkable span. Without distortion, and the Switch placed in 1st position (that is, the uppermost) I stop and think whether Ibanez actually intended to create a "bass + guitar" combo. It actually permeates extremely deep and accurate, and has huge sustain (the lower you turn the tone knob, the more sustain you get). At the other extreme, switch in 5th position (lowest) and tone to the full, you get a very sharp, biting sound, actually ideeal for most black metal tracks; the sustain isn't overwhelming, but any more and it would've made me question whether something was wrong with the guitar itself; naturally, with distortion included. Without, it gives out a high, rich sound, slightly sacrificing the lows (but remember, tone is at the fullest, just crank it a notch down and you'll be fine). The middle pickup positions confer an edgy, thrash-like feel (especially combined with a little palm-muting), sacrificing neither tone not sound in the process. Flaws? Well, there is one. In 1st position with tone at the lowest and without distortion, the low strings tend to buzz, giving it a "slap-bass" feel. Still, this is only due to the fact that, at one point, I wanted to experiment with some "alternate tunings". Switching from E to B to E to B to E to B to E and everywhere in between over the course of 24 hours is surely going to have an effect on the tuners and on the string-length, mind you. Don't go doing this. Get a second guitar if you want a low tuning (such as B), and leave it on that note! Overall, the sound of the guitar is fully deserving of a 10. So: - Music: fits like a metal glove (black, death, thrash, "etc" metal). - Amps & Effects: DigiTech RP50, Fender 65R amp (currently). - Tremolo: floating bombdives and easy handling. - Sound: clean and clear or rough and dirty. Your choice, it delivers. - Variety: from demonic sustain to slashing highs and all in between. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I've had little to no trouble in the shop whilst drooling at the guitar. Most experienced guitarists will scorn me for this (and rightfully so), but about 30-40% of my decision to buy it was made on account of it's looks. Still, it's factory set-up being overly satisfying, I went home carrying the first guitar I sat down to try out. Not many people, including myself, can say that about a guitar. Pick-up-wise, there was no reason to go out modifying their height. A great configuration, to which I only changed the neck pick-up with a DiMarzio (and that solely because I always had a thing for them). Still, the "sound" characteristics shown above are taken with the original pick-up in place (especially put back to give you, kind readers, an honest idea), so that doesn't interfere with the original pickup situation. The bridge was (and is, I haven't changed a thing to it) in superb condition, yet I must stress out once again that CARE is needed to handle the tremolo arm. Otherwise, great sound, was hardly a pitch out of tune after about one hour of quasi-constant tremolo-soloing (yes, I am becoming the new YJM, bow before me). As for the flaws, well, there are no apparent ones this far into use. The finish gets somewhat easily soiled with fingerprints (don't you wish humans would just stop letting out fat through their fingers? ), and the neck can get a little dirty at times, but with the proper care and attention the guitar needs, and minimal hygene (something like: "this is called s.o.a.p."), the axe will happily stay in shape for a lengthy period. All in all, a deserved 10 points to the GRG. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Live? Did you ask about performing live? It was built for Live performances. The GRG 170 practically fells the audience, the neighbours or anyone else that happens to be around you while playing. With looks to kill and power to match this guitar is, in my humble opinion, the closest you're going to get to some 4000-euro custom. In addition, I can safely say the hardware is rock solid. I accidentally dropped it from about a meter onto hard concrete, and all it did was chip a little off the bottom; the tuning, machine heads and, more importantly, pickups didn't suffer any shock what'soever due to the impact. Three days afterwards I was still firmly convinced that THAT hadn't happened, and if it hadn't been for the chipped side, I would still have thought so today. The strap buttons are dependable, fully; but take into account that it is a heavy guitar. I did the folly of placing the old Peavey strap onto the Ibanez; now, compare the weight of a 3 kg guitar to the GRG's 6. Needless to say it started to break about a month of use. So, heavy guitar, heavy strap. At a gig, I normally show with only my trusted axe at my side; all the others have about two guitars / basses with them at every show; me, with only the "bane" (affectionally named), reliable and assuring, give out as much as any of the others, and receive as much praise. So, in that sense, it is dependable. The finish, as I have mentioned before, is solid and quite thick; no nooks or crannies so far, and I'm waiting with horror for the day when it will start to chip away. I probably guess that'll occur about two to three years from now. For it's remarkable durability, I dub the GRG with yet another 10. // 10

Overall Impression: Ah, yes, the part where subjectivity kicks in (have you noticed how "objective" this review was from the get-go? ). The styles of music I play, as I mentioned earlier, are mostly the Metal subgenres, with an occasional pull of a bluesish pentatonic. To me, this guitar fills every need I might have concerning any and all "heavy" music. It simply molds itself to any need I might have, and fills it in style. Sure, I DO have that Peavey Raptor as well, using it as a practice guitar, but the GRG will remain foremost. If I had had a question to ask before I'd bought it, then that question would irreversibly be: "Does it come as a "2 for 1" special?"... and if it were - forbidden be the thought - lost; or worse - stolen, then I'd definitely get another one. Simply put, this is my guitar. What I love most about it is it's demeanor. I compared it to the Raptor: whilst the latter is an extremely comfortable guitar, quite literally screaming "play me!" (I don't speak "guitar", though, sadly), the Ibanez stands firm, proud and distinguished, with a superior look on it's face; It took me a while before I could subdue and befriend it, unlike the Peavey's "I go with anyone" attitude. Yet that's what the beauty of taming is all about. What do I hate about it? Possibly everything, possibly nothing. But the thing that ticks my nerves, still, is the aforementioned buzzing frets (though, I reiterate, that is not a fault of the builder). And, lastly, my favourite feature of the guitar is, as you might not have guessed, the neck. 24 medium frets of sizzling speed, Ultra-fast picking and high screams, on a fast and responsive neck. That is, ultimately, what the GRG 170 is all about. Versatility and adaptability, all with an affordable price tag. // 10

GRG170DX Reviewed by: zhungyi, on may 02, 2006

Features: Made in 2004 in Japan I think. - 21 Rosewood frets (medium) - Solid top - Basswood body - Single cutaway, looks like an RG - Floyd Rose bridge with tremolo - Passive standard Ibanez pickups. 2 humbuckers in bridge and neck and a single coil in the middle - Locking Ibanez tuners - One tone and one volume control. 5-way selector switch for different pickup configurations. // 8

Sound: I play mainly all types of rock and some edgier pop songs. I use a Boss DS-1 Distortion into a small Marshall practise amp. Clean sounds are pretty good. Neck humbucker can handle the distortion quite well and sounds nice. Bridge humbucker really lacks though. Muddy sound is just one of its problems. I would prefer a brighter sound and tone but at the price, I'm not complaining. Single coil on slight distortion performs suprisingly well, with Clapton-like tones. With the pickups, a wide range of sounds and styles can be played by utilizing various effect pedals. Just don't expect too much from the bridge pickup. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar was pretty ok straight out of the box. Action was a bit too low for my liking though. Slight string buzz at lower frets. The output jack also gets loose after a bit of fiddling around with the cable. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Guitar is good enough to withstand live playing. Strap buttons are solid as are knobs and switch. Finish is pretty good. Won't easily wear off but smudges quite easily. // 9

Overall Impression: Great for guitarists on a budget Who need something louder than a Strat-copy. I suggest changing the pickups if you have a bit of cash and don't want to change guitars as the neck and body are pretty good. Only real problem I have is the damned floyd rose. The bridge is a major pain. I can break strings by just bending them. I've thrown my tremolo bar into my case because I'm tired of changing strings after playing around slightly with the tremolo. // 8

GRG170DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 22, 2006

Purchased from: Ebay

Sound: Bridge pickup: fat and loud. This produces a very noisy rock/metal sound that fits perfectly for bands such as Rage Against The Machine and Black Sabbath. No hiss and very useable. Middle pickup: Clear. Essentially the acoustic sounding pickup. Very very effective for chordal work. Sounds great for acoustic work such as certain Babyshambles, Libertines, Oasis and the ilk. Does get a hiss occasionally, but not too huge. Probably isn't aided by my old amp. Neck pickup: bright. Extremely sweet sounding pickup for solo work beyond the 12th fret. It does sound a little muddy playing 1-5th frets on occasion, but the tone and sound at the other end of the neck is beautiful. Sounds fantastic playing Hendrix, Kravitz and solo's from Strokes etc. Have also used it to good effect on some Clapton tracks. There is the option to mix pickups (such as half neck humbucker, half single pickup) but I generally find these too weak and indistinctive yo be used effectively. I'm running it through an old Sammick 25W amp and it gets me a nice range of sounds, giving me the ability to play Indie, rock, metal et al. I doubt it's abilities for funk, but blues sounds great. A surprising variety of sounds and never fails to surprise. Obviously, the sound of this pales in comparison to guitars like the Ibanez PGM301 etc, but it's a completely different price range. The pickups are of a high quality for such a cheap guitar and there's alot of potential for upgrading. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action wasn't too high, but certainly not low out of the box. Even this setting though yields a fast playing guitar, as the renowned Ibanez neck is superb. The one piece neck is fast, surprisingly so for such a cheap guitar. Very thin and wider than guitars such as Les Pauls. It makes for a very playable guitar, especially for lead and solo work. After playing my acoustic, it feels a dream to play. The pickups were moderately well setup, particularly the bridge and neck. The middle pickup may need a bit of fiddling to get the best sound out of it and least hiss, but it's only of concern if you wish to play acoustic work on it. The finish on the body is attractive, although it does tend to get covered in finger prints easy. One notable thing is that the guitar holds tune exceptionally well. The whole guitar is very playable indeed, much more so than the majority that I've played. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've had to tighten the connections around the jack input a couple of times, but this isn't exactly hard. Asides from that, everything about this guitar feels solid and that it will last. I wouldn't use this to gig as a main guitar, but I'm going to use mine as my second guitar once I've changed the pickups. It will be backing up my Ibanez PGM301. // 8

Overall Impression: I play a variety of music and have found this guitar is very effective at letting me vary without changing settings. A versatile guitar indeed, not sounding out of place for acoustic, metal, rock or Indie work. It's certainly alot of guitar for the money and I can't reccomend it enough as a first guitar. I'm glad I had this as my introduction to guitar playing and it's served me well and will continue to do so. If it were stolen, I wouldn't buy another one, I'd probably get an Ibanez RGA121, but that's not to say I don't love it. Like I say, I plan on upgrading it and using it as a second guitar, rather than buying one fresh which wouldn't cost much more overall. // 8

GRG170DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 26, 2007

Purchased from: Local music store

Features: My Ibanez was built in China in 2006 if I remember correctly and it has a sparkling blur paintjob which seems to attract fingerprints. The neck is rosewood, with "shark tooth" inlays. It's an RG style body with a trem system, which in my opinion is the only downside of the guitar. It has 2 humbuckers in the neck and bridge with 1 single coil in between, all passive. The strap locks are huge which make it almost impossible for it to fall off the strap. It has one 5 way pickup selector with 1 volume and 1 tone knob. // 9

Sound: This guitar is perfect for my style of play which is metal. I am using a Vox DA15 amp, and occasionally a Boss DS1 distortion pedal. I use the bridge pickup almost exclusivly and I love the bite and edge that it gives to my sound. This guitar has a variety of sounds ranging from crushing drop-D chords to face melting screaming solos to lush clean sounds. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Right from when I got this guitar home the action was lower than Paris Hilton's IQ. With no fret buzz also! The pickups were fine and the bridge came floating but I play with it flush against the body so that was the only thing I changed. The guitar had absolutly no flaws from day 1. The controls were all snug and the pickup selector was quieter than my last guitar by far. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played Live with this guitar yet but I would without a second thought about it failing in some way. It's just a tank. And the finish seems like it will last forever, besides the one scratch by the neck, which I don't know how that happened. The strap buttons also are something else. Almost twice the size of the strap buttons on my old guitar, if I take my guitar strap off it's actually hard to put it back on because of the size of the friggin strap buttons! Which is a very good thing. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for a few years and my only other guitar was a Squier "Strat" so this guitar is a major jump up. I love the bite I get out of the bridge pickup on this guitar, the only thing besides the trem, that I don't like is the single coil pickup in the middle. My next guitar will be a 2 humbucker with a fixed bridge. The only thing I wish this guitar had was active pickups which I can arrange. // 10

GRG170DX Reviewed by: cjlane, on june 16, 2009

Price paid: A$ 240

Purchased from: Intermusic Bondi

Features: My Ibanez GRG170DX was made in 2008 in China. The guitar has 24 medium frets on a rosewood fingerboard with Shark tooth inlays and is a 25.5" scale length. The grain of the fingerboard wood is quite impressive and the Shark tooth inlays look nice but could of been put on a little smoother; the frets are cut perfectly though the 19th fret on the D string is dead and ultimately unplayable. The body is a solid-top basswood construction and is finished in candy apple with the Standard polyurethane seal found on most instruments in this price range. The body on this guitar is quite thick and pretty heavy, though the finish is nice and the polyurethane seal is pretty thick and hard to scratch. It is a conventional double-cutaway RG body style that lets you access all the frets with ease. This is a great strong-point of the instrument. The bridge is Ibanez stock FAT10 non-locking vibrato bridge and the instrument uses passive electronics. The bridge is rather bad, it doesn't stay in tune at all and because of the configuration of it, changing the tuning on one string puts all the strings out of tune. The controls allocated on this guitar are your Standard volume/tone layout with a 5-way selector Switch. The tone control rolls off fast at about half-way then slows down and requires more force to turn it, a little strange. The tip of the selector Switch isn't glued on a fell off pretty quickly. The pickup configuration of this guitar is humbucker-single-humbucker that uses Ibanez Powersound 1 & 2 pickups for the humbuckers and an Ibanez Powersound S for the middle single-coil. The pickups aren't amazing but are decent for what you're paying, though the humbuckers are terrible for clean tones and lose alot of clarity. The tuners are stock Ibanez non-locking tuners. These tuners don't help at all with the tuning issues of this guitar. The guitar did not include any accessories. // 6

Sound: The sound of this guitar caters to my music style perfectly, I play alot of hard rock, classic rock, grunge, metal and the pickup configuration is quite versatile. I am playing this guitar through a Marshall MG15CD amplifier without effects. The humbuckers are dead silent but as you would come to expect with the single-coil, it is very noisy. The single-coil really shines when using the clean setting on my amplifier and so does both the Single/Humbucker combinations and the bridge humbucker works nicely for distortion, though it's not amazing by an extent.. The guitar has quite a rounded-out bright tone to it. The guitar can make a variety of tones from Acoustic-like cleans to hard forms of metal. That said it doesn't do any of them spectacularly really. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set-up quite nicely, though the dead fret was quite a disappointment. The positive side is that the action was very nice for me. The pickups were adjusted fine and need no further tweaking. The bridge was routed fine though the clench that the springs hold onto at the back of the guitar was scratched up quite a bit for a new guitar, doesn't matter too much though it makes it seem like it was a used instrument. The guitar came with few flaws, though the ones it did come with were a bit of red paint high up on the neck, a stiff but slippery tone control (quite an oxymoron), a dead fret and a small dent in the neck. Besides this the guitar didn't suffer the many problems of poorly cut fret wire or a bad nut. // 7

Reliability & Durability: In reality, this guitar would withstand Live playing, though it really isn't the kind of guitar you'd want to play Live at a serious level. The hardware probably wont last, just because it does feel quite cheap and almost plastic-like. The strap buttons are solid but strap locks are a must for this guitar. This guitar has never failed on me so I suppose I can depend on it but at the same time, I would bring a backup to this at a gig for sure. The finish is polyurethane and could withstand much abuse, I predict it would not easily wear off. // 8

Overall Impression: As I mentioned earlier I play alot of rock genres and some metal, the pickup configuration of this compared to a Stratocaster or the likes is quite handy, two humbuckers really helps when you need that raw, heavy sound. So in short, yes, this is a good match. I have been playing for about 6 months but I had previous experience with guitars being a bass player. My other gear is my bass which is a Squier Affinity Precision Bass and my Marshall MG15CD as I mentioned earlier. Before I purchased this I wish I had asked more about the tuning stability and the bridge, I think I'm much more keen on a non-vibrato bridge as it is simpler in design and will stay in tune better. If this guitar was stolen or lost, I would buy something else, it is a nice guitar somewhat, but there's so much more out there. I love the fret access of this guitar, it's superb. I hate the tuning stability the most about this guitar and my favourite features would probably be the Shark tooth inlays. They aren't the best quality, but it is a really cool feature for an instrument of this price. // 6

GRG170DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 20, 2011

Purchased from: Raj Musicals in Delhi, india

Features: This Ibanez is a China made guitar but sold all over the world. This was first manufactured in 2004. This is one of those guitars that can be categorized into "tested and working fine" guitar. With a maplewood neck, 24 medium sized frets it feels extremely smooth to play on. But what adds to the look are the Sharktoth Inlays!... I'd recommend you to buy the Cherry Red instead of the Black (mainly because I was bored of friends around me buying only black electric guitars)... It has a floating tremelo and a configuration of H-S-H. This is the best pick-up option that could have been given by any company to Beginners or Intermediates! Though I still feel that this is not the best guitar tremelo in this category of guitars! // 9

Sound: If you are one of those players who play a bit of hard rock and stuff like Metallica or Nirvana, this is a treat for you at especially this cost (but do make sure that you buy a REAL good quality amp. With it. I got a Roland Cube 15XL that sounds perfect with this Ibanez). The Amp. Has 4 effects (Extreme, Distortion, Overdrive, Metal). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The Action is the best in this category, though I'm a little siappointed with its "glossy" finish mainly because it is a little hard to maintain because you need to wipe those handprints on it quite regularly! // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will surely withstand live playing. The strap buttons are quite solid and the finish is good enough to last but a little hard to maintain. // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing this guitar for about 2 months now. I play some Nirvana, Metallica stuff and a lot of Bryan Adams and some soft music. Plus I play a lot of Hindi songs as well. If it were stolen, I'd surely buy this again! I wish that the finish was a little better but hello! You're paying only $295 for it! What more could Ibanez have had fit in this awesome guitar! If you are a student who's been playing an Acoustic for like a year or two and you need to Switch to an electric one, go to the store and buy it with your eyes closed. This is the best one in the market for intermediates and beginners! // 10

GRG170DX Reviewed by: Quintessence153, on may 19, 2006

Features: The GRG170DX has a maple GRG neck with 24 medium frets and a rosewood fingerboard. I am a pseudo-lead player at the moment, so I would like some larger frets, but this was my favorite guitar out of the few the music store had in my price range. The Fat 10 bridge goes out of tune quite fast with excessive use, so I only use it for the occassional vibrato. The pickups don't really sound amazing, but they're pretty decent, and I have a really old, beat-up amp which doesn't help their case. The guys at the music store really seem to like me, so they threw in a bunch of free stuff with it (I.e. picks, strap, cables, gig bag, etc). // 8

Sound: I've been playing a few weeks shy of a year now, and I play pretty much any kind of rock or metal. That being said, this guitar suits me fairly well. I'm not yet good enough to play anything outrageously fast or showy, so it's a good match for my skill and experience. The basswood body gives the guitar a pretty good tone, and the pickups give me pretty good cleans from the neck position and good distortion from the bridge. I only use the middle singlecoil for the rare blues improvising, which it suits well. However, moving the guitar to the right place will get a lot of noise from the singlecoil. I'm told this is normal, but it's still annoying. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish and setup were all top-notch, except for a few flaws. First, the action was way too high. When I first learned how to bend, my fingers could actually fit completely underneath the surrounding strings. My teacher remedied this problem with a quick adjustment and his set of allen wrenches. When he was adjusting, he tried to tune up the truss rod as well, which had gone slightly off after seven months. Even after half an hour of adjusting, there was always a slight dip around the lower frets of the fifth and sixth strings. No big deal, but still always a very small thorn in my side. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand live playing, assuming you care for it well. Hardware will last, but I'm told basswood is easily dented. I take good care of it, though. Only problem I've ever had at a live gig was my strap coming undone in the middle of the song, but that was the strap, not the guitar. I have since replaced the strap and now have no troubles. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, I'm quite happy with this guitar, mainly because I stick to playing chords and slow solos, nothing fast yet. I play it through my school's old Crate speakers (don't know the model) and a Zoom 505 II with excellent audience response. I chose this over a few other cheap Ibanez guitars, mainly because I liked the tremolo bar. Outside my aforementioned strap malfunction, my only issue with this guitar is how easily it collects dust and fingerprints. I have a microfiber cleaning cloth, which I must use before every gig, and sometimes in between songs when I get a break. It just gets so dusty and grimy that I can't resist the cloth. If it were lost or stolen, I would probably get something else with jumbo frets, and possibly a locking tremolo. As I advance in skill and gain some experience, I'll be looking to advance to something better. But it's okay for now. // 8

GRG170DX Reviewed by: dudey5691, on february 20, 2007

Features: The FAT10 bridge makes tuning a bit harder because it is a spring tremelo, and any little movement causes the strings to go out of tune. The pickups aren't the best, but they work until you start using much better equipment, like a tube stack or something. I am replacing mine for the sake that I need more versitality in my tone, but they worked for the first 9 months. // 8

Sound: I play all types of rock; classic, emo, metalcore, and some thrash metal. This guitar suits all these styles fine, but you need to make sure equipment is right. When hooked up to my Crate GT30 and Boss DS-2, I can create the metal tone that I'm looking for with a few adjustments to the guitar's volume and tone. I use a Crate GT30 or Vox AD15VT. My pedals include a DigiTech RP80 and a Boss DS-2. The guitar is a bit high gain, and sometimes there is feedback, but nothing that muting the strings can't prevent. The guitar can pretty much play anything from AC/DC all the way to Disturbed. Although, if you want to play the heavier stuff you might need new pickups. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup perfectly when it came in; pickups, action, everything. the finish for black night can get fingerprints pretty easily, but that's easily taken care of. I can't complain about anything because it came setup exactly how I liked it. The bridge is again, if anything, the only problem, just because of the tuning thing, but problem solved if you don't use the tremelo so much. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've played this guitar at all my gigs in my old band without a backup guitar. And I didn't need one for the sake that it was really reliable for the price. The hardware seems like it will last, although a few of the things could be replaced if you really wanted them to be. The finish takes pick scratches, but hardly noticeable in most cases. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is good for basically any type of rock between classic and metal. I've been playing guitar for about 3 years, and I would definitely recommend it to anyone Who is on a budjet and needs a good guitar. It's designed as more of a beginner-intermediate guitar, but I've had several guitarist with 10+years of experience say that it was good for what it is. If it were stolen, I would probably not buy this particular guitar again. I'm not saying it's bad, but I'd like the mahoghany body of Ibanez RG321MGHN. I was asked by a friend if I wanted to borrow his Fender Stratocaster for a show, and I said "no" because I knew I liked this guitar more. Maybe it's just me, but this thing is probably one of the better guitars in the $200-$300 price range. I'd definitely recommend it, but if you had an extra $50 just get the RG321. // 9

GRG170DX Reviewed by: Rythmist1, on august 01, 2007

Purchased from: Cowley Rd

Features: I got the axe January this year, as a present for by birthday. It's Jewel Blue with a black headstock and chrome hardware, bolt-on neck, and 24 jumbo frets. A PSND1 pickup is in the neck position, a PSNDS in the middle and a PSND2 in the bridge. A five-way selector Switch gives you a few variations on the 'Bucker or Single sound. The bridge is a pretty crappy FAT10, but it does the job. It also has some pretty mean inlays, which are like Jacksons' only cooler. I also got a Roland microcube in the deal (so in all 220), aswell as a load of picks, electronic tuner and gigbag. // 8

Sound: I mostly play Metal, and this guitar suites me perfectly. Just tune to drop C, put the amp into R-Fier, select bridge pickup and, there you go, perfect Killswitch Engage sound everytime. It doesnt't quite have the same low-end bite that caparisons have, but that's a bad comparison really. Basically any rhythm metal with distortion is great. Moving on to the single-coil, I never really use it, it hums FAR too much, it's just there to get in the way of my picking. The neck pu is abit trickier, don't use it for rhythm, espescially when downtuned. But then, when the leads come, it's just, well, boring. It doesn't scream, tis abit flat, you do get some occasional high points, nothing to shout about though. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action, pickup height and bridge where all perfect, although I did lower the middle pu a little. I also blocked the bridge 1. So I don't have to worry about it bottoming out when I downtune and 2. sustain was improved slightly. A small thing that irritates me sometimes is the jack socket, it seems no matter how hard I tighten it, it always manages to unscrew itself. The finish WILL attract your fingerprints. You have been warned. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think this axe could easily withstand gigging, only trouble is, I don't have a band. It's made like a tank. The strap buttons are huge, but it has fallen from me a few more times than I'd like it to, luckily I was quick enough to catch it. I have taken this thing with me everywhere, and it's still got a lot left in it. // 10

Overall Impression: For the style of music I play, and the level that I am at, this guitar is perfect for me. I love it to bits. It is way better than any Strat copy, and lps just feel clumsy and difficult to play after that wicked thin neck. If it were stolen, I would get an RG, because of the FR tremelo and pickups ect, and I'm a bit more of an experienced player now. If you are a beginner, in a guitar shop looking for your first guitar and see one of these, buy it. // 9

GRG170DX Reviewed by: akack, on january 15, 2008

Purchased from: Musician's Mall

Features: A bought it in December '06, but it was made in '05 in Japan. It has 24 medium sized frets which suits me well and is one of the main reasons I picked this guitar over a Showmaster. I do a lot of soloing and the fret size, width and action is just right for me. The neck is on the thicker side but I think it has a Rosewood neck which your palm just glides clean across. It has a lovely glossy "Black Night" finish which is hard to not fawn over all the time. It gets finger prints easily but a little Min Cream polish cleans it right up. I couldn't find a pick guard for it so you have to be careful if you anchor while play. The body style is compact and smooth like the rest of the RGs and looks great Live. The basswood is great and the binding with the nexk is perfect. Don't chip it. It looks horrible. The bridge is a Standard FAT 10 bridge which was a real turn off for me because I use the tremolo effect often. This guitar is very easily easily customized and I'm planning to Switch to Floyd Rose soon. Otherwise it's fine and doesn't go out of tune. It has good stock Ibanez Passives which sound great (unexpectedly) The pickup height was faulty on mine, but fiddling around with the height is really easy to get your personal sound. It has 1 Volume nob, 1 Tone nob, both of which I almost never use. Especially the volume nob because it doesn't have smooth transition from loud to low. And the low volume sound quality is quite bad. It also a extremely useful 5-way pickup switcher which is absolutely a blessing from above. The pickups are Standard Ibanez with two humbuckers in the neck and bridge position with a single-coil in the middle. The sound quality for the pickups is absolutely mind blowing for the guitar's price. The neck pickup sounds gives a really smooth lead sound with ample middles. The bridge pickup is good for metal riffing too and sounds really good and chunky. The single-coil sound is really bright and good for clean playing. Mine came with a soft case and manual on taking care of it and adjusting parts. // 9

Sound: My music style is very versatile and varies from jazz/blues to classic rock to modern metal to avant-garde. Another reason for me picking this over the Showmaster is Ibanez's famous versatility catering to artists from Paul Gilbert to George Benson to Mike Mushok (Staind) to Noodles (The Offspring) Mick Thomson (Slipknot) and easily duplicating their sounds. The clean is bright and brilliant but can turn to warm and moody really fast too. I use this guitar through a Zoom G2.1u into a Marshall MG15CDR practice amp. It sounds great for the total price I paid for all three. It's absolutely silent and works really well on my Marshalls clean sound. Keep the bass at about 8/10, the middles at 5/10 and the treble at 3/10 with Reverb and it'll sound perfect. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When the guitar came home it was more or less perfect except fot slightly faulty pickup height which is understandable. The action is perfect for fast slowing without fret-buzz and sound. Another problem is the end on the pickup switcher is that it's slightly loose but I've heard it's like that on all of GRG170DXs. As long as you don't change pickups like an animal it won't come off. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have just tinily chipped it as yet, but that was a violent fall because of a faulty strap. Shows how durable it is. The strap buttons are okay. My strap was not. It's ultimately dependable. You can depend on this guitar as much as you can depend on David Beckham to score a penalty with no goalkeeper. // 10

Overall Impression: For my aforementioned varying musical tastes this guitar is a perfect buy for a beginner. I've been playing for an year now and I also own a Zoom G2.1u (Contrary to popular belief a GREAT pedal) and a Marshall MG15CDR (Quite rubbish is first on the upgrade list). I love this guitar so much that I'm emotionally attached to it and the day I first scraped it I cried for a day and was clinically depressed for a week. If it get's stolen I'll personally find the guy who stole it, kidnap him, gouge his eyes out, hammer out his teeth one by one, castrate him and take a dump in his face. If it get's lost I'll probably blame myself and be a 40 year old recluse before I get over it. As mentioned multiple times I compared it with a Fender Showmaster while buying and rightly picked this one. I have a good Floyd Rose and EMG pickups on my wishlist, but that's far off. // 10

GRG170DX Reviewed by: MarkCP, on february 21, 2008

Purchased from: Musicians Friend

Features: 24 frets, all great, my fingers are fat, and I can still wail away on the 24th, which impresses me to no end. The floating bridge was ok, but since I don't use a whammy bar (hate them), kind of useless, and after I put a third spring in, completely useless. I am very picky about the tuning of my strings, and it only kept a tune for about two or three days, so I installed the spring and now it needs minor tweaks and adjustments every two weeks or so, even when it's left in the cold. The knobs are wonderful, very tough, and they don't just keep turning on a spring, they actually stop, which is nice. The switch, it's a switch, and it works fine. The pickups are great, it's H/S/H, and I'm not sure of the particulars but the neck pickup is really nice. I play ska and a lot of soft stuff on that, and it's perfect, nice and clear, but mellow, not twangy in the least. The bridge is pretty hot, could be a little sharper, but it's fine for the stuff I do. I never use the single-coil (middle), I never saw the use of it, it's quiet and has no distinctive personality, just kinda there. The only problem I have is the low E. It buzzes. Going to change the strings, but it's buzzed throughout all my other string changes. It's also heavy as a tank, but I don't really mind that. // 9

Sound: I play ska, metal, soft rock, some country, funk, jazz, it can handle all of it. No Doubt about it. I don't use very complicated stuff, just some 15w Ibanez brand amp I got with my first guitar (the little thing surprised me though, the distortion is great, it's nice and loud, and the equalizer knobs are nice too). Until about two weeks ago I was using a cheap FAB Metal Distortion pedal, which sounded great through it (I don't recommend the pedal though). When I'm with my band though, I use my friend's Marshall (micced through a Yamaha PA) and a Boss ME-50 multi-effect pedal, and it sounds amazing (I highly recommend the ME-50, it's awesome). // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Here's the kicker. It came to me and worked fine for about six months. Then I lowered the action and monkeyed around with the pickups. Just within the last month though, I took unscrewed the input because it was cutting out every once in a while, and the whole damn input fell out. The wires had been soldered on very badly, and because one wire had lots of tension, it snapped, and when the other wire was left with the whole weight of the input (all of an ounce) it snapped too. So at the moment, I use my friend's Hellraiser (heavan with six strings) because mine is out of service. Otherwise, the finish is amazing, deep blue with a very slight sparkle, just gorgeous, and everything else works like a charm. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Once I get my input fixed I imagine it will work until hell freezes over. The strap buttons are solid as rocks, would definitely go to a gig without a backup (mainly because I have no backup, but still, I'm sure it would do fine even if I did). Everything is great. // 10

Overall Impression: This thing is great, it's absolutely gorgeous. Only the fact that it's input is shit, it's very heavy, and the low e buzzes, it's perfect, nothing to hate. If it were stolen I would probably not replace it, but not because it's not good, just out of curiosity for other guitars. // 8

GRG170DX Reviewed by: deadringer13, on february 21, 2008

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: Indonesian made, maple neck with rosewood fretboard, 24 mediums, FAT10 Bridge, H/S/H pickups, 5-way, 1 volume and 1 tone for simplicity. Not bad for 150 quid may I say. If it came with a good old Floyd Rose I'd be on the moon. The strap was pap but I throw my weight around so it doesn't matter. // 8

Sound: Now, most people Who use Ibanez from round here use it for heaavy rock. Personally, I play anything from Slayer to some jazz. Running it through a Line 6 Spider III 30, I can get a range of tones. It can be a beast, or it can be soft and caring. With a nice fat sound in the neck, great for some heavy rhythm playing, and the bright highs of the bridge great for ripping out a shreadin' solo! I rewound the middle pickup for a slight more warmth, but apart from that, stock is good! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The previous owner of this was a bit of a nutter; he had messed with the action so much I had to get a pro to set it up and sort out the action. The pickups were faulty due to wiring and were so low there was hardly any sound comin out, but solved that quickly. the only flaw in the guitar that was noted was the tip of the truss rod had cracked, but replaced it and was sorted in no time. I tried my friends straight out of factory and I fell in love with it all over again. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've done a few gigs in my time. many things have happened to me, my strings have broken, my leads have snapped, picks shattered, amps blown. But this baby has kept going! I mean heck, I have thrown my guitar in anger because my amp broke down, and I picked up my guitar, retuned it and kept on playing! // 9

Overall Impression: For me, this guitar is all good! 3 years of playing electric has really been worth while with this baby. I have to say if this were stolen or broke agaiin, I'd by an RG model for the Floyd Rose, but I have to say that this is another fab one from Ibanez. The only thing I hate, and I mean HATE is the headstock, never been a fan. // 9

GRG170DX Reviewed by: henryo1, on february 29, 2008

Features: It was made 2007 in indonesia. It has 24 mid-size frets with a rosewood fretboard. It has a Beautiful finish described as 'jewel blue' which looks just great when it's polished up but gets dirty very easily with fingermarks etc. The guitar has two humbuckers and a single coil. The actual guitar has controls for Volume, tone and a 5 way pickup selector. The guitar was fully tuned up when I got it but had no strap or gi bag. It did come with Tools, whammy bar and a crappy cable. // 9

Sound: This guitar suits my music style well. I play lots of metal and rock but the guitar also sounds great on clean chanels aswel for your indy/blues type of music. I am playing it through a Peavey Bandit 112 and the combination works just great. The neck pickups are great for playing solo's and the bridge pickups work well with more distortion. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When the guitar turned up it was almost perfectly set up for me, the action was set up perfectly with no fret buzz but at the same time very easy to play. As I have mentioned before the guitar came with the bridge set up and almost perfectly tuned. I have yet to find any flaws with this guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I still haven't played this guitar Live but will be soon later on this month and I am confident that it will perform for me. I will not be taking my old guitar as a back up as I trust it entirely. All the hardware seems pretty solid and looks as though it will last. The strap buttons are solid and so I don't think there is any chance of them coming off (any guitar players nightmare). One of my only critics of this guitar would be that it doesnt't stay in tune massively well. I have heard that fitting the other tremelo spring supplied counteracts this problem but want to keep my whammy bar which is also great by the way. // 9

Overall Impression: Well if the only things that you can find wrong with a guitar is that the finish gets dirty easily and that it goes out of tune quicker than you'd like then you are doing pretty well. It is truly a fantastic guitar and I would reccomend it to any guitar player of any level for infinite durability and reliability. It also does what you buy a guitar for in the first place, produce great sound! // 9

GRG170DX Reviewed by: Boomjosh, on march 26, 2008

Purchased from: www.Gak.co.uk

Features: The guitar has a GRG neck with very cool sharktooth inlays. The body is made of basswood and is finished in glossy black. there are 24 medium sized frets on this guitar and from what I have experienced the intonation is fairly good. the pickups are Ibanez ones it features one humbucker in the middle with also a bridge and a neck pickup. The selecter Switch allows for 5 different combinations between pickups. The bridge is an Ibanez fat10. The body is a great shape and is fairly deep cut near the neck so that the higher frets cn be easily accessed. Overall the features are are quite good and considering the price of the guitar I would say very good. // 9

Sound: I play a lot of neoclassical metal and metal/fusion (think Dream Theater, Malmsteen, Becker) and this guitar suits my style brilliantly! the neck pickup is great for those fast sweeps and solos above the 12th fret and gives a great ambient clean sound. the bridge pickup is great for heavy riffs and infact I use this pickup for just about everything apart from screaming solos, really good realiable piickup. As for the humbucker, well this is the guitars downfall, it delivers a horrid buzzing when used and the sound is fairly empty, it is also very high and often gets in the way when playing (so I lowered it). Other than that though the pickups give a great sound, but don't be mistaken in thinking that this guitar only delivers in the matal department it can easily adapt to any musical style; blues, rock, jazz you name it and I can assure you it will deliver. I use this guitar with a really poor Stagg amp and a Zoom G1X effects pedal and it sounds great you wouldn't believe it was coming out of that shit amp. Overall a great sounding guitar but that humbucker does affect it's mark. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar the action was nice and low but not too low so that it rings on the frets. The pickups as I mentioned before were all well highted, apart from that humbucker. The finish was nice and shiny too; loves fingerprints. overall everything seemed well. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Nice big strap buttons o yes haha these seem reliable enough. I would definitly be confident gigging with this guitar it seenms very reliable in all aspects. But there is one thing I have a hang-up about with this guitar. Over whammy on this bridge and your going to end up half a step down from what you were when you started quite annoying really but I've learnt to not use the whammy bar so it's not too big a problem anymore. // 9

Overall Impression: Great guitar for any style of music. Would definitly recommend it to anyone wanting a cheap guitar the packs a punch above it's worth. If this guitar was stolen I probably wouldn't get it again as I am getting the Vai Ibanez JEM7 in a couple of months, but if I wasn't I probably would. All I wish is that this guitar had a good humbucker but to be honest it's great as it is, if you can look past the humbucker. // 9

GRG170DX Reviewed by: JP21, on august 07, 2008

Price paid: € 130

Purchased from: Vine Music

Features: This guitar has a basswood body and rosewood fingerboard. 24 medium frets, fat 10 bridge and floating tremelo. It has 3 pickups, 2 humbuckers and one single coil. Powersound 1 humbucker at the neck, powersound single coil in the middle and Powersound 2 humbucker at the bridge. Chrome hardware with sharktooth inlays. Tuners are standard issue. Include 5-way selector, one tone and one volume contol. When I bought it I got it as a custom package from Vine Music (Eversham, UK) with cables, gig bag, Indie Sky Blue 10w amp and Korg tuner. // 7

Sound: I play mainly metal, ranging between black and death metal (Dimmu Borgir and In Flames) to some of the lighter sides of rock (30 Seconds To Mars). Most of the time this stays in either drop C or drop Db tuning with the thinkest Ernie Ball strings you can buy. Turn the Tone to Nil and you get a thick crunch sound, so long as you send it through some good distortion, sounds great on Line 6 spider III, Ran it through a Mesa Dual Rectifer and also a Peavey 5150, playes great. Turn the tone up slightly and it can do some good thrash sounds, very modern tone, hit the Dragonforce sound well I though. The middle pickup I found to buzz a little bit on high gain and lacked the jazzy feal of a Telecaster's single coil when on clean, the neck pickup does shread well. This guitar was my first guitar and I do love it, but after a year you will start to realise that that's all it is, a first guitar, it has better sound than most first guiatrs but if you want a profsonal sounding guitar, look higher up the range. overall good metal guitar with some nice clean sounds, so long as you are willing to experiment with the different tones you can get out of it. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar has great action for a guitar in this price range, you can do power chords, fst legatos and some amazing tapping, put an acousic pedal to it and do some open chords, still no real problem. Ibanez do make good guitars at good prices but the GRG170DX is a Gio model, it is a beginers guitar. This guitar has a very simple floating bridge made by Ibanez themselves, and it is awful, truly awful. The Tremolo bar doesn't scew in, it slots in, so lean forward or turn while playing and it will fly out. Also the guitar has no locking mechanism on it. If you do manage to get it into tune it wont stay in tune for very long. I have actualy fixed the tremolo so it doesnt't move at all, that solved some of the tuning instability. // 4

Reliability & Durability: My guitar has a faulty input socket, after a wile it does cut out, that could just be mine though. this guitar (beeing made of basswood) is heavey so could do you some damage in the long run. I have used it when practising with my band and also in the studio, but the only time I would use it onstage is on the last song so I could smash it up on the stage. It's a shame really, has a good sound for a cheap guitar but if yours is anything like mine, it will cut out. I've taken it all apart and re-built it and that didn't help. // 2

Overall Impression: Overall for a beginers guitar it is better than a Squire Stratocaser, especially for metal. But don't take it further than the bedroom, it's a practice guitar, I'm my opinion if you are considering getting one of these as a second or stage guitar, get one of the Ibanez RG's or better yet an S model. Ibanez are a great company and I love there gear, even this guitar, but this one is a beginers guitar, I cannot stress that enough. It has lasted over a year and it is built like a rock so if you drop it, it will be fine. If it were lost or stolen I would get an Ibanez RG or if I could get my hands on one, an Ibanez V Blade. // 5

GRG170DX Reviewed by: stephen_rettie, on december 16, 2008

Features: This was my first guitar the Ibanez GRG170DX, 24 frets, HSH pickup set up, and 1 tone and 1 volume control. The bridge was a synchronized tremelo with whammy bar. This was a good started guitar due to it's decent amount of features, it allowed me to sample a lot of different aspects of guitars to see what I liked and didn't. I found out the difference between single coils and humbuckers, and how I personally handled thin necks. It also allowed me to sample many styles of music, with the versatile pickup configurations, easy downtuning, but with a whammy bar if I needed it. This was a great beginner guitar as it taught me about myself as a played and allowed me to find my style quite early on. This was mainly down to it's respectable array of features, I cannot mark it down for that but I can say none of these features were particularly good. // 7

Sound: The great thing about this guitar was that it allowed for most styles, in looks and sound. Which is perfect for a beginner, the pickups were medium output and by no means good, but much better then some guitars in the same price range. I was playing through an MG30DFX at the time and I'm finding myself giving it more credit as I now realise what a truly aweful amp that was and the sound was less the guitar's fault then I had thought at the time. This is a beginner guitar and will most likely be paired with a beginner amp, which almost condemns it to forever sound bad, but I think there I more to this guitar and if played through a decent amp it would hold up well and keep it's versatility. // 5

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish was it's greatest boon in my opinion. I had it in blue and everyday I picked up that guitar because it looked so appealing, It's important for new players to WANT to play their guitars and I think that's why I strayed away from (and still do stray away from) black guitars. The action was a little high when I first bought it, but my teacher fixed that and the pickups were fine in terms of height. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I played this guitar everyday when I owned it and nary a scratch or scuff on it the finish is nice and dark and even if it were to be scratched it would be hard to see. Quite susceptible to smudges, but this is hardly a major issue. The strap button did came off but that's an easy fix (and an important one to learn, although I doubt Ibanez made faulty srap buttons on purpose). Had I been more outgoing and actually gigged when I used this then yes I believe it would have held up. I played with friends thrashing around and it never failed me it was a reliable guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing for 3 years now and I must say I couldn't have chosen a better guitar at the time, a better amp? Yes. Now could I find a better guitar on eBay? Probably. But for the time and with my experience (none it was my first guitar) I did myself a favor in choosing this over a Squier. You may have gathered from the past tense of this review I sold this guitar, and this was because it's a beginner guitar, a good beginner guitar, but something that will be upgraded eventually. // 7

GRG170DX Reviewed by: JamieUK, on january 05, 2009

Price paid: £ 179.99

Purchased from: http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com

Features: The guitar that I purchased was only made 2 months before I bought it, Indonesia, October 2008. It has a basswood body which adds extra weight to the guitar. It has 24 Standard frets with a rosewood fingerboard and a maple thin neck.It has a Red sparkle finish which I must say looks brilliant for this guitar but it can attract fingerprints. The body is an RG style body. The bridge is a FAT10 non-locking floating tremolo. There is one volume control and one tone control with a 5-way pickup selector Switch. Pick-ups are as Hum bucker-Single-Hum bucker.Fingerboard inlays are Ibanez Shark tooth which I prefer over the Standard circle inlays. The action on the guitar is top notch for what you play // 8

Sound: The main music that I prefer to play is metal/hard Rock. This guitar suits my style of music fine. I plugged it into my Boss ME-20 and when I added a distortion effect it sounded beautiful.. With the metal distortion I could produce sounds that Metallica and AC-DC make. When you turn the Tone control all the way down the bass on the guitar becomes pretty high. If kept the other way and had the pick-ups to the front hum bucker it produces a rich beautiful sounds. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got the guitar it was already tuned up and no damage. The bridge was fine. It still had tags attached to it from when it was made. The guitar contained no flaws when it arrived. The action on it is amazing and you can play solos with ease // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can withstand Live playing without a doubt. The hardware seems to be set in place and wont be moved unless forced. The strap buttons are good just have the right strap. I would play Live with out a backup as this guitar is just amazing for the price you pay for it. The finish will last years. // 7

Overall Impression: I prefer to play metal and this is an impressive match. I've only been playing for about a year. This guitar was a replacement for an Encore Stratocaster copy. I researched this product before I bought it so I knew it was good. If this guitar was lost or stolen, I wouldn't replace it but it a black colour. I love all the features about this guitar. I didn't really like the Stratocaster shape but when I saw this the dislike when and I really like it now. I compared it against a Vintage Les Paul and I loved this Ibanez over the Vintage. For the price you pay for this guitar, you would be stupid not to buy it // 10

GRG170DX Reviewed by: lilmexicano_12, on february 04, 2009

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: Mine is a 2008 model fairly new got it christmas eve. It was made in Indonesia, with everything coming amzingly how I wanted it. It has 24 jumbo frets wiht the cool Sharktooth Inlays on a Rosewood fretboard and a light weight basswood body. With a laminiated top, with a Black High Closs finish (which gets annoying by the way). Looks Sexy though)Featuring a double Cut away Body with Powrsound Pickups and a FAT 10 tremolo. A 5-way selctor Switch wiht the amazing HSH setup. // 9

Sound: I Play metalcore/deathcore msuci from As I Lay Dying to Parkway Drive to Cradle Of Filth.etc. So It Catches those tones quite easily with it running through a Peavey Rage 158 (Transtube) wiht a Danelectro Distortion Pedal. The EQ on my amp sounds amazing wiht the Low-10, Mid-2, High-10 which gives it a beefy edgy metal sond to it. And With the pedal giving just the right amount of high gain I want the 5 way selector catches the tones amazingly. It Produces the tones amazingly bright and hte Harmonics sound awesome. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well since it was Sam Ash it was hanging there just staring at me (through the finish of course... ) And the setup was great, no tto low or to high.th rpickups did not need to be lowered or raised they were amazing.Th only thing I don't like is that since it's a HSH setu guitar there's not much room to pick. But other than that it was amzing. The finihs was quite annoying since I gto black gloss. The fingerprints are quite easy to show up on it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: fro some reason this happens wiht al my guitars there's a chiup in every single side and on this guitar it was quite easily chipped showing the wood of the guitar. but quickly covered it with sharpie:). The strap buttons are larger than my Squier and not easily falling off but I would recomment that you get strap loks just fro the security to do flips and shit on it. iI Have used it as my main guitar (siimply because I would never use my Squier for Live play come on... ), but there was no feedback or buzzing it was setup amazingly at so it sounds great. // 10

Overall Impression: It matches my Style of music perfectly with the right amps such as a Vox or a amrshall even better and a ML2 Boss... man sounds like heaven in your hands. I've been playing for bout 1 1/2 yaer now and it sounds great wiht a lespaul/fender/ibanez tones. I would have liked a Floyd Rose but for a guitar this much suits it perfectly. If It Was Lost I'll be sure to buy another hands down (maybein another color) but defenitly the same one. // 8

GRG170DX Reviewed by: Slayer0106, on february 10, 2009

Features: Made in: 2006, Japan. Frets: 24, medium. Laminated top. Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood. Neck: Maple. Body: Basswood. Bridge Style: Dual-way tremlo. Control Knobs: 1 volume, 1 tone. Tuners: Non-locking. Pick-ups: 2 humbuckers, 1 single coil. Bridge Pickup. Name: Powersound. Model No: PSND2. Construction: Humbucking. Magnet: Ceramic. Description: High output with enhanced harmonics. Neck Pickup. Name: Powersound Model No: PSND-S. Construction: Single Coil. Magnet: Alnico. Description: High output with complete clarity. Neck Pickup. Name: Powersound. Model No: PSND1. Construction: Humbucking. Magnet: Ceramic. Description: High output in the neck position with no muddiness. Mine came with no accessories because I bought it guitar only. // 10

Sound: This guitar from Ibanez is the only guitar that can satisfy my techno-death metal playing style. I am currently using the Peavy 15-watt 8" vypyr series amp, it comes with 24 different amp models and 11 program effects(which by the way are stronger than their pedal counter-parts). The volume knob on this guitar is on the lower side of the sensitivty level of volume knobs. You really have to turn this knob to see a difference in the volume. This guitar can also range from a deep rich acoustic, to a screeching and I mean screeching death metal. All 5 pick-up configurations change the sound output of the guitar, use the neck pick-up for a deep low sound. Use the middle pick-up for solos/major picking songs. Use the bridge pick-up for the effects on the solos. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up fairly well, but since it had been in store for a few months it's strings were old, it was out of tune, and dusty. So I cannot tell you anything about it's out-of-factory condition. The pick-ups on this guitar were set up very nicely, except the middle pick-up is a bit high up for my playing style and picking style. There were no issues with the guitar when I bought it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is definalty able to withstand Live playing, and is so amazing that you could also use it for recording. The hardware really seems like it will last a very long time, but I am a very parinoid person so I changed the strap clips out for some strap-locks. Yes, I would use it at a gig without a back-up, the only thing I could think of going wrong with the guitar would be the strings going out of tune. This finish is amazing the high-gloss is basicly a mirror, just try to keep a micro-fiber cloth on hand to keep off the fingerprints and smudges. So long as you keep the finish clean with that micro-fiber cloth it will last for a very long time. // 10

Overall Impression: I play, as I stated above, techno-death metal and I believe that this guitar is an amazing match for me. I'll just have to pick up a synth pedal at my music store. I have been screwing around with a guitar in general for about 6 years, put only started to seriously play a few months ago. I also own a Peavey Milestone 2 Series 4-string bass, a Peavey 115-watt 12" speaker bass amp, a 8" 12-watt Peavey vypyer series guitar amp, a 1964 Fender-Harmony acoustic guitar. I cannot think of anything that I should have asked that I didn't ask before I bought this guitar. If I did have this guitar stolen then I would either 1: buy it again 2: get the next guitar up the RG series really depend on the amount of money I have on hand. I really love everything about this guitar, the only potential thing I can find that is not so good about this guitar is that volume knob I was talking about earliar. I actualy compared this guitar to a 1400 dollar Gibson Les Paul, and a 1200 dollar Stratocaster, and this guitar dominated both of them. I do wish it had a 7th string, and the Edge-Pro Tremlo and some string locks. But hey you can't have everything that Ibanez offers in a 250 dollar guitar. // 10

GRG170DX Reviewed by: SlayingDragons, on october 16, 2009

Purchased from: Make 'n music

Features: I don't know what year it was made in, but I'm pretty sure it was made in '09, in the distant lands of Indonesia. This guitar has 24 medium frets, with an grg-style neck. The neck is a little bigger then the rg necks, but feels similar to them. The body is made of basswood, with a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, with sharktooth inlays. I got mine in the jewel blue finish, and it's brilliant! The metallic flakes look amazing in the right light. It has an RG style body, (this entire guitar is based on the RG,) with a FAT 10 floating bridge. It has passive electronics, with the Standard powersound pickups. It has just two knobs, for volume and tone, and a 5-way pickup Switch. Standard Ibanez non-locking tuners, and it came with a tremolo arm. // 9

Sound: It suits my playing style really well! I play stuff like hendrix, led zepplin, vai, Metallica, Megadeth, Children Of Bodom, Slayer, Parkway Drive, etc. I currently use a Roland Micro Cube, which makes it sound amazing. The powersound pickups are average. Nothing special, but they're not too bad. It's not noisy or anything, except for when your using just the single coil, but that's normal for single coil pickups. They sound bright, but they have a slightly cheap sound... not exactly the richest sound ever. This guitar can make a wide variety of sounds, from jazz to death metal. Very wide veriety. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was well set up when I bought it, be it by the shop or by the factory... The pickups were set up well. The bridge was properly routed. The only thing was the tone knob and the tip of the pick-up selector fell off, but that's easily fixed with superglue. No flaws in the guitar besides that, though. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand Live playing, as long as you don't pound on the tremolo. this guitar has some slight tuning stability problems, but as long as you don't do Van Halen dive bombs or use the trem like Steve Vai, you should be fine. The hardware is very good, will definitely last. The strap buttons are bigger on this then most guitars, and hold the strap very well, which I like. I wouldn't use this for a gig without backup, just because I like to be prepared for the worst. But if I had to, it could take it. The finish is pretty good, it's really solid and thick. probably won't wear off for a long time. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is a good match for my style of music. I've been playing for a little over a year at this point, and I own a starcaster, which I bought this guitar to upgrade from. I also use a Roland Micro Cube at the moment. If this guitar was stolen, I would be extremely pissed, and would hunt down the man that stole it. I might buy it again, but I would probably guy something else, just to experiment with. // 8

GRG170DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 05, 2010

Price paid: C$ 2.99

Purchased from: Long & McQuade Musical Instruments

Features: I bought the Ibanez GRG170DX last month with a gig bag, a new set of D'Addario XL light-gauge strings and a Planet Waves strap. The guitar was manufactured in China in 2008. The GRG170DX has a basswood body and maple neck, mahogany fingerboard, heavy-duty chrome tuners, FAT bridge, 2 humbuckers and a single-coil middle pickup, 24 regular frets, and a Candy Apple finish. // 9

Sound: The GRG170DX provides a wide palate of sounds. The 2 split humbuckers and middle single-coil pickups are excllent. The harmonic series is ideal for getting sweet feedback and harmonics, and also has a wide range of clean sounds suitable for all genres of music. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I just bought a new GRG170DX several weeks ago. The guitar is excellent. I would recommend the guitar to students and professionals alike. The guitar comes with 9-42 gauge strings and fairly low action and plays fairly well right off the rack. Nonetheless, the FAT bridge seems to be set fairly loose. The FAT bridge comes with 3 springs and slots for 2 extra springs for those who prefer tuning stability over the ease at which the whammy bar can be used to either lower or raise the pitch of the guitar. The tighter the bridge set up is, the less space the guitarist will have for using the whammy bar for raising the pitch - a favorite activity of some of the world's finest shredders like Steve Vai. Although some buyers have been concerned about some fret noise, it's not uncommon to see that from just about any guitar set up with light gauge strings and low action. For guitarists who haven't played a guitar with a floating bridge for awhile, I would recommend the following procedures for setting up the guitar for ideal tuning. 1) make sure to stretch each string until it doesn't give anymore, and be very gentle - patience is a virtue, 2) use a high-quality electronic tuner like the Boss TU-2s and TU-3s, 3) carefully set the intunation by adjusting the saddles. Most guitarists should find the instrument has fairly stable tuning, but I do recommend a much tighter bridge setting than the factory Standard set up. If there are some slight fret buzzes, carefully check to see if there's a slight imperfection on the fingerboard. Often the fingerboard will have a slight bump one fret up from the note that buzzes. That fret should be carefully polished by an expert or an experienced guitarist. Use a teensy bit of extra-fine steel wool and a flat-head screwdriver and carefully polish the fret, but don't be in a rush for perfection. If you go too far with this procedure, you could end up with new fret buzzes further up the neck. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't use any guitar at a gig without a backup, but the GRG170DX does appear to have solid hardware, although the factory set up on the FAT bridge is rather loose. Only time will tell how long the guitar will last. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Take good care of your guitars, unless smashing guitars and and throwing them into the river is part of your entertainment career. And if it is, I would highly recommend the GRG170DX because it looks like an expensive guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: I play rock, blues, r&b, fusion and folk music. I've been playing for over 40 years. I have 5 instruments, including 1)Yamaha e-series synth, 2) Epiphone Les Paul Special II, 3) Epiphone DR200CE electric-acoustic, 4) Fender Standard Precision Bass, and now 5) the Ibanez GRG170DX. I use a variety of Boss pedals and an old POD II and a Fender Blues Junior amplifier. The Ibanez GRG170DX works well in almost all situations where a good solid-body electric guitar is suitable. I chose the guitar for its quality and of course because of its price. It feels and sounds great. // 9

GRG170DX Reviewed by: noilly, on december 15, 2010

Purchased from: guitar.co.uk

Features: This guitar was made in Japan in 2006, it has a 24-fret rosewood neck and a basswood body. Mine has a 'black night' finish and an Ibanez tremolo bridge. There is one tone knob and one independent volume knob. There are 3 power sound pickups and a five way selector switch. The tuners are non-locking. There's also AWESOME strap buttons that are at least twice the size they are on normal guitars, which holds the strap pretty sweetly. The middle pickup is slightly lowered, which comes in handy when shredding. // 9

Sound: I play this thing through a Line 6 spider amp at gigs and through a crappy little Marshall at home. The ibanez/ Line 6 combo works better than ant & dec, seriously, they were made for each other. The neck pickup is really cool for high-end soloing and the neck pickup works really well for power chords/ low end riffs. Metal is this guitars forte, Metallica, Iron Maiden, Avenged Sevenfold, it sings that stuff. However, what I was delighted and shocked to find out when first playing it, was just HOW diverse it can be! With the tone and distortion turned right down, you can get really powerful cleans, like the intro solo to metallica's one. And then, with the distortion back on, you can head in the zeppelin, stones- esque kind of classic rock dist., or you can easily hit metal sounds like Bullet for my valentine or Megadeth. With a little tweaking to the amp, blues, jazz, punk sounds can fly out like no other guitar I've ever heard!! The only problem I have with the sound, is that when you turn up the distortion, complex chords don't retain their sound very well and its all a bit messy, but they're perfect when the distortions turned down. The other guitarist in my band plays a Jackson Warrior and we can do kick-ass duets with our guitars, they sound surprisingly good together. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up perfectly at the factory, all I've done to it over the past 3 years is change the strings. The tuning pegs are a little loose and hard to perfect, but as long as you put the strings in right they won't be a real problem. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This thing is a GNARLY little beast. At the end of our stint supporting papa roach last year I smashed it into my amp. The amp was gone and forgotten, as you'd expect, but SOMEHOW the guitar still sounds good as new, which I honestly didn't-- don't understand. I kick it at the end of every show and I have a habit of beating the crap out of it as I play, but the thing just doesn't quit! It literally sounds as good as it did from the box. As I've said, the strap buttons are HUGE, which means the guitar holds really well and is VERY unlikely to fall off. I have a Gibson Les Paul that I like and I use occasionally, but I LOVE my Ibanez grg170dx, and would always use it without a backup if I had to, it really is that trusty. The finish has cracks and scratches hear and there, but thats only because of the way I abuse it, it would a lifetime if you're one of those bands that stands reasonably still while you play live. The hardware is in perfect nick. The only problem you might have is the tuners, I have a tuning pedal so every three or four songs I give it a check up and give some minor tweaks here and there, but the tune does tend to stray a bit, especially if you jump from Standard tuning to eB and back again every 5 minutes, but you can expect that from all guitars. // 10

Overall Impression: As I've said, I play mostly metal with a lot of rock chucked it, and that fits this guitar real sweetly. However, I've been playing for 6 years, I've owned 7 guitars (including 2 acoustics) and I've played literally hundreds, and not one has been as diverse as this sound wise. Would I buy it again? Hell YEAH I'd buy it again, this guitars a badass. It reminds me of the dork kid in every sports movie that ends up being really good at basketball or something, you can put it against 1000 gibsons, jacksons or whatever you want, and this little baby will hold it's own like you wouldn't believe. I compared it to a Jackson rhoads before I bought it, and I'm glad I chose the Ibanez, 1) because me and my other guitarist can do badass duets, and 2) because its so much more awesome! // 9

GRG170DX Reviewed by: ibanez1997, on june 14, 2011

Purchased from: MusicMart

Features: The Ibanez GRG170DX. One gr8 piece of equipment. I don't know when and where it was made. It's made of basswood with a maple neck and rosewood fingerboard. 24 medium frets with a sharktooth inlay, FAT 10 Bridge, HSH pickup configuration with 5-way selector. The features are great for something in this price range ($300-400). Like many others have said, I would have preferred a Floyd Rose, and maybe EMG pickups, but oh well... It would have doubled the price. Overall, its features were great value for money. // 9

Sound: I play mostly heavy metal - Metallica-type stuff. Combined with distortion from my Zoom G2, it gives some really rockin' sounds! I'm using a really terrible amp, 10-watt. But this guitar has helped me crank out some amazing sounds. It gives a very clear, bright tone because of the lone single-coil pickup, but the humbuckers ensure a lot of variety. On low gain levels, it would probably be good for bluesy stuff (I wouldn't know - I don't play blues, I'm just guessing) or classic rock. Make no mistake though: this is a metal axe. All in all, the sound far exceeds what I'd expect at this price. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Before I got this guitar, I'd played with a $75 Strat copy, and the action was HORRIBLE. The action on this guitar is quite simply excellent. No fret buzz, and easy for Van Halen-style tapping and metal soloing. I've mentioned that I don't know when it was made, but it looked brand new when I got it! Everything was clean and in place. Only flaw: I could see a half-centimetre of wire poking from under the pickups (very minor). // 9

Reliability & Durability: I only gigged once with it, but it's stood up pretty well. I play about 4 hours a day on weekends and its stayed in top-notch condition. Strap buttons are tight, and the finish is durable. It has stayed in excellent condition in the 2 months I've had it, and seems like a durable axe. // 10

Overall Impression: This matches perfectly with my style. It's an excellent choice for players of all levels on a budget. I compared it with an ESP LTD EC-10 and a Greg Bennett AV3, but this took the cake for playing clarity. As I've mentioned, I'd prefer a Floyd Rose, but I have no regrets about buying it and would get another if I lost it. // 10

GRG170DX Reviewed by: IuliDusmanu, on september 14, 2011

Purchased from: Mc Music Romania

Features: I got this guitar 2 years ago. It was made in Indonesia, it has 24 frets, medium frets very easy to play, basswood body. The same model as old RG170DX, the only difference is the hardware. The inlays are sharktooth inlays and this keeps me on track when playing. H-S-H with 5-way selector. Too bad it doesn't have a floyd rose bridge, it would do good. It has a standard tremolo. // 7

Sound: This guitar sound very good for metal. As for me, it works pretty good on blues too with the neck pickup for the rhythm blues. The Middle pickup sounds good on clean and acoustic effects and it suits for distortion too. The bridge pickup is loud, it can scream like hell when shredding and it has a lot of tone. I'm using an DigiTech RP350, a Behringer Xenix808 and a hand-made amplifier(100W). A little problem is the sustain, but for aggressive styles it's ok. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought it it was set perfectly, in time I had to adjust the pickups a little. The Body looks great on black and the inlays are awesome in my opinion. I got a black one because I like black guitars and this one was shiny. The neck is very good for shred and half bends. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This Ibanez is heavy I can tell. In 2 years I did not have problems with the hardware or the pickups. It fell a few times but the wood is still perfect. The pickup selector is ok even though it freaks me out when hit it because it's position on the body. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a combination of Blues Hard rock and Folk. I've been playing for 2 years and I totally like it. I would surely buy a new one if it wore stolen. I love that I can play a variety of styles on it and I love the inlays. I chose this one cause I jammed with a friend on one at a gig and made me see how good is this compared to other GIO products. I wish it had better pickups. // 9

GRG170DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 24, 2011

Purchased from: Roland Power Shoppe, Kolkata

Features: I don't exactly know when or where was it manufactured, I bought it last year from my state itself. Okay now, this GIO model features a maple neck, basswood body, 24 jumbo frets, a volume and tone knob, 5 way selector switch, Fat 10 bridge and Two humbuckers along with a single coil pickup. Not to forget, the epic sharktooth inlays which I like the most. My guitar came good out of the pack, everything was in place, the action was comfortable. There was nothing more included than an Ibanez free case, tremolo, some papers, and a cable. However, I could manage to get few picks and other accessories for free. // 7

Sound: I am not confined to a particular genre, but metal is the taste I like.. I am a beginner and I like to cover easy good metal riffs, be it any band. I bought a Roland Micro Cube along with this guitar and this as a whole sounds far far good than cheap Squier strats some of my freinds bought. Ermm, the single coil in the middle sounds a bit hissy sometimes, but u'l get used to it.. And if you play metal or on other crunch etc heavy channels, it wont be much of a notice. This thing can be used for any genre from clean to crushin' core music, but as far as I know, this is perfect for a metal genre guitar at this price. No complaints! // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: As I told earlier, this came perfect out of the box, the action was correctly set, pickups well adjusted, no fret buzz. The finish is good, is still lasting and if you don't scratch on it much, it looks brand new all the time. Not sure if this is true for anyone, but my selector switch stick is gainin' some rust on the bottom, maybe its because of my regional weather and hence no fault from Ibanez. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I never played live, but I jump with this guitar in my room wholeday, and it didn't had any probs yet. Ibanez makes quality products, this seems so much lasting. The strap buttons are reliant, but do use an original Ibanez strap always. If I gig someday, I'll use a backup of course. I personally think~ Even if u're giggin with a durable guitar, there's no point not usin' backup. It has to be there always. Just like all other guitars, this too is supposed to have a lil wear off as you play everyday. But if you take care of your gear, its negligible. // 6

Overall Impression: This is my first electric guitar and but I have been playin guitar from last two years. I'm into metal, post-hardcore and this is a perfect match. In case this was stolen or lost, I'd buy a LTD AX50 White. I've been savin money already. The best thing I like about this guitar is its sharktooth inlays, gives me a metal feel. And there's nothing in particular that I hate about it. But yea, I wished it had floyd rose bridge. Nevertheless, this beauty offers sufficient for the price. As far as I've been researchin, no guitar can beat this at this price, but do think twice if you aint much into metal/grunge. I was about to buy an Ibanez GRX40, only when I realised it isnt availaible in my country. Saved some money and laid my fingers on this one. And I don't regret at all. I am not gonna upgrade that soon, this offers everythin my level guitarists need. Thumps up for Ibanez! // 10

GRG170DX Reviewed by: juicedegooyer, on november 28, 2011

Price paid: C$ 245

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

Features: When you get this guitar it is just a plain guitar. Not really any extra stuff. // 5

Sound: I found this guitar really suited my playing style (classic rock, metal, alternative). This guitar is very versatile and can pretty well sound great for any type of playing style. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was perfect. It was even in tune when I got it. Everything was adjusted properly and nothing was loose. The finish was very good. This guitar has so imperfections out of the factory. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very good for live playing. It doesn't go out of tune with heavy playing and the strap buttons are very solid. The finish is very good so it will last. You can depend on this guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall this is a very good guitar and is suitable for all playing levels. Whether you want it for just playing in your basement, or performing at places it is very good and for the price it is you will be very satisfied! // 10

GRG170DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 09, 2012

Purchased from: Johnny Roadhouse

Features: I assume the guitar was made in Japan, with it being and Ibanez GIO. There is not much to say other than what has already been said, Basswood body, passive pickups, etc etc. Though I must admit, I've had some thought over basswood bodies and would like to move up to mahogany next. The Volume pots are not too great, they will turn your volume up and down, but there is little difference in volume until you actually turn the volume off, would have like it a little more sensitive to turning the volume pot. // 7

Sound: I use a Laney Linebacker KB80, and a various amount of pedals (535Q, Metal Muff, Delta Labs MD-1, and an RP70: soon to be getting rid of). The humbuckers do not give of much (if any noise), the single coil however is annoying as it sounds like a friggin car engine when you switch onto it. Not too much of an issue, but it can annoy me. I don't really have another guitar to compare its pickups, but I was told Ibanez make quite good pickups. They suit my style (Anything from heavy metal to scratchy classic rock, even some Santana style blues). Quite a versatile guitar. Though I must say, the lower tunings can sound quite bad sometimes. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this was great for me, the strings are very low, just the way I like them, makes it easier to play. I didn't need the pickup heights adjusting either, so it was all good for me. One major flaw was the tuning. Now, I don't know whether this happened to everyone, but there was only to springs supporting the bridge. This meant tuning was a nightmare. Anyway, I took it into the shop and they put in an extra spring, tuning is quite good now, and alot easier to do. I don't know whether it is just me, but it doesn't sound to great on 12th fret upwards, kinda sounds pretty harsh to me. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I've had this guitar banged after bang, well not quite that much. But when you're going through a secondary school without a padded case... You get the idea. And amazingly, the coat has never been chipped. All there is it looks like the paint has moved under the varnished around the jack socket. But I'm quite pleased with this. I'm honestly not too sure about live playing, I would, but that is because I haven't got another. Some people mentioned they had an issue with the whammy bar staying in? Just under the bridge is you press down on the whammy, there is a little hold for an allen key, just tighten it up and the whammy stays in. Just search "lose whammy on Ibanez GIO". // 9

Overall Impression: Overall, I was quite pleased with this guitar, it felt great. The only thing which really put me off (and quite a few Ibanez) was the basswood bodies. Though at the minute, it does not serve much difference to me. It suits my needs, plays well, was a good price, I would recommend it to an early guitar player. If it were stolen, I would probably not get another one, as one, I'm close to getting a new guitar, and two, there really isn't too much difference between this GIO and other Ibanez up until over 350 (or I found anyway). // 8

GRG170DX Reviewed by: tasospianoman, on june 18, 2012

Features: The Ibanex GRG170DX has 24 medium frets a rosewood fretboard, basswood body, and a maple neck. It has a very stylish Strat shape and the body is shiny and smooth. There are 3 pick-ups. One on the bridge, one on the neck and one in the middle. You can select different combinations of the pick-ups with a 5-way selector switch. There's also tone and volume knobs. When you buy it you will find a very nice gig bag (which has a lot of pockets) a strap, a cable about 2m long and some tools. // 9

Sound: This guitar can play anything you can imagine! First of all I use it with a Marshall which can guarantee you an amazing sound for all styles. Metal and rock are genres that this guitar absolutely nails! I don't know if it reaches the sound of a more expensive guitar, this is my first guitar, but it is very satisfying. The 5 choices you have over the pick-ups give you a vast variety of clean sounds. From the classic blues sound to funk and acoustic. Whatever music you like this guitar will play it up to its full potential! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I got the guitar delivered just fine, no problem at all. It took about 8 days from the day I ordered it to the day it got to my house. Thomann is the best site to order anything to do with music. The box it came in had bags full of air (no damage whatsoever), and the guitar was tuned in standard tuning so its ready for action! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have only used this guitar live, twice and it didn't dissapoint me. I have bumped it on a desk a couple of times but never dropped it. Also there is no problem with the strap buttons what'soever. They are very big so it simply can't fall off when your playing live (or standing at home). This is definitely a guitar that you can depend on without a back up. I've had it for almost 1 year and it looks like I will have it for a very long time before I save up to get a better one. Its got lots to give you! // 10

Overall Impression: This is perfect for metal/rock but good for every other genre. If I lost it I'd buy it again instead of getting something else. I love everything about it. The only bad thing about it is that when you tune it down (e.g. drop C, drop B etc) the other strings go up for some reason and it needs a little patience to tune all the strings (like 2-4 minutes). Other than that I'd say that this is a kick-a-s guitar! // 9

GRG170DX Reviewed by: Shadoefeenicks, on june 21, 2012

Purchased from: Music Works (http://www.musicworks.co.nz)

Features: My GRG170DX was made in June 2009 in Indonesia. It has a double-octave, Medium Size Fret spaced Maple Neck with Rosewood Fingerboard. The Body is Solid Basswood. The Bridge is an Ibanez Fat 10 knife-edge tremolo bridge. It has an H-S-H pickup configuration and all 3 of the pickups are Ibanez' DiMarzio designed Powersound pickups. The pickups and electronics are passive. It has a 5 way blade switch, 1 volume and 1 tone knob. It has 6-a-side non-locking tuners of unknown make. Provided with it when I bought it were: a whammy bar, an allen key for adjusting the truss rod and stickers which can be placed on the control backplate which state the model, colour and have a barcode. // 8

Sound: I play nerd-rock, pop-rock, punk-rock, pop-punk, rock, hard rock, alt rock, metalcore, death metal, melodic metal, christian soft-rock and christian atmospheric worship. This guitar can do it all pretty damn well, the bridge pickup is great for a stock pickup, it sounds 8.5 great through a decent distortion pedal, it's a wee bit harsh for most clean, but if you roll of a third of the tone, it can be pretty nice. The middle pickup is a little bit noisier than the other two, as you'd expect from a SC. With the right effect/amp settings, you can get it to sound very close to an acoustic guitar - with a little less bass response - tone. The neck pickup is pretty disappointing to be honest, it doesn't sound very good clean, it is missing balance in it's EQ response, the highs will screech if you don't pick softly. I run it through a Behringer X-VAMP 2 with expression pedal (BEST low-budget multi out there!), and through a Boss MT-2 Metal Zone when needed. I then run it through a Peavey Rockit 300w Bass head with a 2x14 cab, or a Behringer V-Tone GM108 15w solid state practice amp, or a Fender 65R solid-state, or on occasion a Marshall MG250DFX. In my opinion I can get the best - and most varied - tone out of the Behringer, due to it's modelling settings. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set-up was average, the action was a bit high, and the string gauge was too light for me, but otherwise it felt very good in terms of tension set-up and attention to small details (fret comfort, neck joint, pickup height). All the parts fit together like a dream, and I still to this day can't find any design or assembly flaws. I LOVE the bridge, I've played on almost every bridge under the sun, Kahler flat-mount, Floyd Rose trem, Tune-O-Matics, full fixed, part floating, Edge III, you name it. And this bridge blows all but the very best out of the water for me, it's extremely stable for tuning once you've got the intonation and spring tension sorted. Also it has a very flat, smooth top, so you can palm mute on the saddles comfortably forever. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar does withstand live playing. Apart from using it live every week at church, this guitar performs excellently in big gig situations; it's very quiet through a noise gate or suppressor, has good volume output and is comfortable for long sets. The hardware is very sturdy, it's all still perfect after 2 and a half years. The strap's only fallen off when I've had a crap strap:P but otherwise the strap buttons are great, I've only had to tighten them once after I knocked it. If string breakage wasn't a problem for me, I would definitely use it without a backup. The finish is strong, and you can tell that it goes deep, you can see the layers in it if you look close. It gets dented by hard knocks, but you wan't really notice pick scratch marks. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is a great match for me, I've had it 2 and a 1/2 years now, and it's still great. I myself have been playing through 7 guitars over 3 years, started on a classical old thing, moved up to my first electric, a Behringer Strat copy P.O.S, moved to a Legion Strat copy, even worse, then I got an Ibby GRX20zJB as my first real guitar, it sucked, but it was far better than the other two. I now have that same Ibby (heavily modified and repainted) + my 170DX in Candy Apple Red + an Ashton D25CEQBK acoustic + a Cort X-1. Overall the 170DX beats them all, the Cort only beats the 170 in neck feel. If it was lost or stolen, I would cry because this guitar means alot to me, and I've got good memories with it, and I would either buy another one, or 'upgrade' to one with a full, locking trem to see what I like more. Again, the bridge is my favourite part, also I love the sharktooth inlay and that it has 24 frets, I like where it puts all the other frets by pushing them up 2, 22 frets just don't feel right to me anymore. An AMAZING guitar for the price. A perfect intermediate guitar. // 10

GRG170DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 19, 2012

Price paid: C$ 250

Purchased from: Long and McQuade

Features: It's a 2011 model, made in China. It has 24 frets with a nice clean rosewood back fingerboard, its neck is somewhere between medium and thin, its a solid top.the body is made of basswood. The only annoying bit is the glossed finish over the red, whenever you touch it it leaves REALLY obvious fingerprints so you have to clean it practically every time you use it. Its an RG style so if someone turns around while holding it, it'll stab you in the stomach. The bridge is a FAT10 floating tremolo, according to my music teacher these are amazing (THEY ARE!) There's one volume, one tone, and a five-way pickup switch. // 9

Sound: I like to play rock, pop, and sometimes metal. But with this guitar you can just play around with the effects on your amp and you can actually play pretty much anything! But the ideal is rock with this guitar, something like Micheal Jackson's "Beat It" is always a good one on the Ibanez. The humbuckers are amazing and the single coil is pretty good too, I personally prefer the neck pickup, it sounds fuller. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Actually once I took it out and it was already tuned perfectly, nobody had used it before lol, the fret pickup was a little high but I adjusted it in a matter of seconds. The top was perfect, nothing was messed up, the frets, the bridge, and the routing was perfect too. The nut wasn't like my Jamine (by Takamine) acoustic guitar (the high e was too low. Basically: NO FLAWS! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can withstand anything! I played at full blast on my 150 watt Line 6 and nothing happened to either of them (plus a played a few gigs) the hardware will last, I've seen so many live performances and nothings ever happened to this guitar. The strap buttons are actually quite large so they can hold the strap much sturdier. I can definitely depend on this without a backup, it, to me, is the definition of THE electric guitar, I would use it in a gig without a back up because I've had it for a year and it's never broken down on me once. The finish is really good, there's at least 3 coats of gloss, but that also leaves the annoying fingerprints, but with a guitar this good, who could complain about wiping a small area of the body with a towel? // 10

Overall Impression: As I said before I play rock, pop, and sometimes metal. Yes it is a good match because Ibanez was made for rock music. I have been playing for 3 years now and I own a Les Paul Special, a Ibanez RGD, a Fender Eric Clapton Strat, a Line 6 JTV-89, and a 2011 Paul Reed Smith limited edition. In amps I prefer Line 6 they get the most kick out of the wattage (150 watts), I also have a Line 6 Spider IV 15, for a 15 watt that thing is LOUD! It sounds like a 30 watt on full! If it was stolen or lost I would get the same thing I just can't live without my Ibanez! I love everything about it! I don't even mind wiping it off after every practice. My favourite feature is the tremolo bar, I just like playing "I Like To Move It" while wiggling it around the sound is hilarious! I did compare this one to all my other guitars and I found this one has the best sound although now that I mention it, it is kind of a heavy guitar compared to the Strat. // 10

GRG170DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 22, 2012

Price paid: € 175

Purchased from: Music Maestro

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia in 2010. It has a solid basswood body, a really thin bolt on maple neck with 24 medium rosewood frets with sharktooth inlays (duh, Ibanez), a fat 10 bridge, Ibanez own PSND pickups in HSH configuration, one volume control and one tone control and a 5-way selector. The guitar has a Stratocaster like body making it a Superstrat. I didn't get any accessories with it, which didn't come in very handy since I had to pay a bag, strap and cable separately. I would also like to have a better bridge since I don't really like the tremolo. But overall the features are decent for it's price. // 7

Sound: I play mostly metal, but I like some versatility and try to play some jazz, punk, blues and classic rock once in a while. This guitar can do all of them well. The bridge pickup has a high output and sounds pretty crisp even with the bass on my amp on max. I use a Roland Cube 30X by the way. I don't use the second position very often because I find it a bit weird sounding, but when I do I play something like Opeth. The single coil is mostly used clean. I like it that way but when I use distortion it sounds a bit dull in my opinion. I have honestly never used the single coil and the neck humbucker together since I really don't like the sound. I guess I need some different settings for that one. The neck pickup is fine, but a little quiet. I use it mostly for leads and jazz and it does a great job on it but I struggle to hear it over a backing track whereas I can hear the other pickups just fine. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: For a guitar that is this cheap I guess it is not a big problem, but it had only 2 springs in it. I noticed it after I put on some heavier strings (Elixir 010 - 046). I didn't play it for that long and a string broke. Not a big problem I guess, but since I didn't have any strings left I had to go to the music store. While I was there I also let the guy give the guitar a little checkup and he said I had to put in another spring. That is the only flaw I could find. I easily put fingerprints on it, but I don't actually care about that. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Well, I have to say that even if it feels a little delicate, this guitar lasts for a while. Believe me, I have it for over 3 years now and it's still in good condition. The only thing that I have to mention is that I broke the trem the first time I used it. I don't know if that happened because this is my first guitar and I was only playing for a half year back then or because the trem was just bad quality. Fact is the bar falls out all of the time while back then I could make it stay where it should. Otherwise it lasts well. I remember I accidenically dropped it several times and it didn't even go out of tune. It will also withstand some live playing. I only gigged it once, but I like to stand while playing and the strap buttons are doing well. Only recently they started to wear a little bit. Overall it's good, except for the trem. // 6

Overall Impression: This is really a good guitar for a beginner. I really love how versatile it is. It plays everything it needs to. Of course it isn't a PRS Custom, but you can't expect that for the price I paid for it. I'm close to buying a Schecter Hellraiser, but this guitar will always be at my home and I will still use it as a backup. I have compared it to an American Stratocaster a friend of mine has, but I like the GRG better because the Strat doesn't fit for metal. I also compared it to an Epiphone Les Paul and guess what, I liked that sound better, but it was out of my budget. I choose the Ibanez pure because it was the cheapest guitar I could find, while still having a good sound. When starting to learn how to play you can't go wrong with this one. // 6

GRG170DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 27, 2012

Features: A great guitar with gloss finish. Everything is fine from pickups to nut. Very light buzz is heard, which is unnoticeable. Everything is fine and good in the terms of looks. It's a bolt-on construction with two humbucking pickups and a single coil in the formation of HSH. It has a FAT10 bridge which is good though SAT10 would have been better. It also has a volume knob, tone knob and a 5-way pickup selector. No other accessories were given except for a Non-Locking Tremolo that comes wrapped around the headstock and the hex-drivers. // 10

Sound: It suits all the music styles. Especially Clean (Single Coil) & Metal (humbucker). I am using a Marshall MG15 with it. It is cheap but produces great sounds and am thinking to buy an DigiTech effect processor. My amp does not have a Delay/Reverb so I am having a bit of problem though it would be solved after I get the processor. I tried playing metal and it is completely fine with that. It has a bright sound but the sound does not last for very long. I tried doing the palm muting way by keeping hand above pickups and playing, but it did not produce any sound, so that was a disappointment. And also it is very difficult to do the natural hamrax (or something like that) which is for producing high pitch sound that lasts for very long. It's just mediocre but still fine. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: It wasn't tuned definitely. Nothing was adjusted, it was like I had to do everything. From tuning to setting the buzz. One thing I noticed was, the fretboard had some scratches. It was as if the wood used on the fretboard was not polished well. Secondly, while playing, loud pop sounds were being produced from the amp. And then the cable fell out with two more parts from the inside of the jack. Much of a heart attack for me, the parts inside are moving vigorously. Might be a defective piece for obviously it wasn't my fault for neither am I rough using it nor did I pull the jack out with power. Will have to get it repaired tomorrow. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I haven't tested it by taking it to a gig. But I have to take it day after tomorrow. It isn't looking that reliable because of the amp out jack problem. But I don't have any choice, I have only one guitar after all. The strap buttons are completely solid and are dependable. The finish is amazing and it isn't as fingerprint friendly as other guitars. It is amazing in that term. // 8

Overall Impression: Well, I play clean mostly and it suits me perfectly. I own two acoustic guitars also but they don't look as thrilling as this. Obviously I'd look for it and even if I had the bucks, I'd buy it again. This is superb in the terms of style and everything. I love the cherry red colour with the gloss. It adds to my style and upon that it isn't really heavy. I also like the non-locking tremolo so that I don't have to move around with something hanging on my bridge and I can remove it when I don't need it. I didn't compare it at all, because the day I bought it was Eid (I am Hindu) and my father had only this day free. First choice was Epiphone Explorer GT, because of the price and the killswitch. I did not expect an Ibanez for myself, but I had only a few choices on this day, and others were Fender and Silvertone. So I bought this. Well, I wish it had a Kill Switch like Epiphone GT's. But I know that it is a completely silly thing to ask for it is made by Epiphone only. // 9

GRG170DX Reviewed by: Shinerrock, on september 19, 2012

Purchased from: EMIS Music Shop

Features: This guitar has 24 frets of medium size and I've never had any problems with the maple thin neck which has a rosewood fingerboard. The body is a solid top made of Basswood and has a cherry apple red finish which looks absolutely stunning, one of the best looking guitars I've ever seen, including Les Pauls. It has an RG style body and the bridge is a FAT10 non-locking tremolo, it also has a volume control, a single tone control and a 5-way pick up selector. The features are very good for me, but I would have preferred a better bridge (for example a locking floyd rose). // 9

Sound: I usually use this guitar for classic rock playing, with some pop-punk and other forms of rock as well, but it works perfectly for any style I use it for - to the extent that It is the first guitar I've owned where I've never felt the need to buy a different one. I use it with a Peavey Vypyr and a Marshall stack and it sounds just as great with the more classic rock sound of the Marshall as it does with the harder rock sound of the Peavey. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up almost perfectly when I got it, with everything exactly as I would expect it. I only had to make one adjustment, and that was to bolt the bridge to the body, as the non-locking tremolo was causing the guitar to go out of tune far to easily. However this has not effected the tremelo arms performance and I have no other complaints. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is an extremely durable instrument and the beautiful finish has not even been scratched, despite frequent and very active live playing. The hardware seems like it will last and the strap buttons are very reliable; I've never felt the need to get strap locks. It is a fantastically dependable guitar and I never feel the need to take a backup to gigs. // 10

Overall Impression: In conclusion, I believe that this is a very good guitar for all styles of music. I have been playing guitar for five years, and have had this guitar for a year. I also own a Dean Razorback and a Gould, but I very rarely use either of them because of the Ibanez. If this guitar was stolen I would almost certainly buy it or a higher model Ibanez due to it's fantastic sound and finish. Apart from a better bridge, which cannot be expected from a guitar of this price, I would make very few adjustments to this instrument. // 9

GRG170DX Reviewed by: jasonreeve, on december 09, 2014

Purchased from: Muscat music shop

Features: Basswood Body: Basswood is a comparatively lightweight wood, which makes it very comfortable for extended playing. With a good balance of highs and lows, basswood is right in between alder and mahogany in sound character. Rosewood Fingerboard: Rosewood offers a strong, bright sound and an attractive appearance with a long grain.

• GRG neck
  • Maple Neck
  • Basswood Body
  • 24 Medium frets
  • Rosewood Fingerboard
  • FAT 10 bridge
  • PSND1 Neck Pickup (Humbucker)
  • PSNDS Mid PU (Single Coil)
  • PSND2 Bridge Pickup (Humbucker)
  • Sharktooth Inlay
  • Hardware Color: Chrome
// 7

Sound: I got this guitar as a complete beginner, so I didn't know much, and the guitar was not set up. It played badly and sounded bad through my Fender Mustang 20w amp. It sounded ok through the Fender style amp options (Twin, Princeton), not so good on the others. The bridge pickup is weak. The middle pickup is ok if soulless, the neck pickup, which is supposed to be the best, was badly wired, so rarely worked. I really should have gotten it setup at the shop, but they weren't really interested, and it was the only left-hander available, that I could find, in the country, and I wanted something to play with. I suspect with a nice quality amp the pickups will get found out very quickly! // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The neck was/is nice. The bridge is really poor which also makes the tuning pegs feel bad. The guitar needs regular tuning which takes time... The general finish was ok. I don't like the plastic look of the highly glossed finish, but the guitar was cheep... The action was really poor from the shop. There were no problems with the finish; it's a cheap guitar and it looks cheap but everything was there and ok, although it always felt like a Friday afternoon guitar (i.e. it was made in the factory in a Friday afternoon, and the staff weren't really interested in getting it right). The pickups were not soldered well; especially the neck pickup which didn't always work. // 6

Reliability & Durability: The hardware will not stand any tough test, imho, but I only play at home and it has always worked ok in that respect, so I'm not in a position to judge it as a gigger. The guitar is solid at the pricepoint. The strap buttons would need changing if you're gonna go out and about with this guitar. It has a very vinyl looking finish which some like and some don't - I suspect it's like that to hide the very average wood under it... The vinyl is like tank paint, so I don't see it rubbing off anywhere. // 8

Overall Impression: In retrospect, as a beginner, I was lacking in knowledge and should not have bought this guitar. The bridge/tremolo system is really poor - the guitar needs to be hardtailed. I would have been better off buying a basic SG from Epiphone or Vintage. I should also have gotten the guitar setup straight away. If you buy this guitar, hardtail it and get a professional setup then it'll be a good guitar at the pricepoint although more expensive than an Epiphone SG310 which would be a better buy, imho.

To improve this guitar, have it setup (on all guitars...), hardtail it, put a cheapish but decent pair of Gotoh tuners on it, new strings, and decent but cheap pickups (I paid 40 pounds for 2 Wilkinson zebras), and you will have a decent guitar. But, you'd have added 100 pounds to the price and you could have bought something like a Fender Tele '50s or SG 400 Pro instead; you're also close to the price of a discounted (but new from a store) Gibson SGJ. I don't rate this guitar highly, but my lack of knowledge when I bought it didn't help the guitar either. I never "loved it" or the look or the playing, so I shouldn't have bought this guitar, but it was the only left-hander available in Muscat at the time! I gave a 7 overall due to the low cost, but it probably deserves a 6. // 7

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Airplane Flanger AF2 9.5 Guitar Effects 12/29/2014