GRX22 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 05/23/2013 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: GRX22
The sound that lends this guitar is for the hard rock and metal mostly. It has very good bass and clean. The guitar also serves other genres, but it lends more to rock.
 6.3
 5.5
review (1) pictures (2) user comments vote for this gear:
GRX22 Reviewed by: kamaleon52, on may 23, 2013

Purchased from: Tropical Music

Features: My guitar was made in 2011, was made in China, of course like all GIO. The frets are medium sized, the wood of the frets are Rosewood. It's a solid body guitar. The body is basswood, the finish comes in two colors, black night, and red. The body is a Super Strat style, comes with a semi-floating bridge. The pickups are passive brings, are a normal humbucker, comes with controls for volume, tone and pickup selector. The configuration is HH pads, and brings Gotoh pegs. - Number of Strings: 6 (Find quickly: All Electric Guitars with Number of Strings: 6 (4175 items) Ibanez Electric Guitars with Number of Strings: 6 (390 items)) - Body Type: Solid Body - Scale Length: 25-1/2" - Body Construction: Double cutaway - Body Wood: Basswood - Finish: Gloss - Neck Shape: GRX - Neck Joint: Bolt-on - Neck Wood: Maple - Fingerboard Material: Rosewood - Fingerboard Inlays: White Dot - Number of Frets: 22 - String Nut: Syntetic Bone - Tuners: Ibanez - Bridge: Tremolo - Hardware: Chrome - Fret Size: Medium - Number of Pickups: 2 - Pickup Switch Type: 3-Position Blade - Bridge Pickup Type: Humbucker - Neck Pickup Type: Humbucker - Controls: Tone - Controls: Volume // 6

Sound: The sound that lends this guitar is for the Hard Rock and Metal mostly. I also clear the way playing a lot of metal, especially Metallica songs. It has very good bass and clean. The guitar also serves other genres, but it lends more to rock. The severe neck pickup is very good and clean also very rich. In the bridge position has a good sound for solos. I have a SoundBarrier amp and DigiTech RP255 pedal and I can play songs from Metallica, Led Zeppelin, Papa Roach, Rev Theory, among others. It's a guitar that lends itself well to this type of sound. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was made in China, everyone knows that something beyond made in China, does not come out very good. But my guitar is out a bit good. The first time I had had nothing but a single problem, I had a little problem much fumbling. I took her to a Luthier and I fix it. Guitar course always takes a few arrangements. The bridge is well done, almost no guitar out of tune, no problems with pegs. Sure I have made many arrangements to mine, I change the plugs because one of them had damaged me, I change the nut and place a bone, you get off the frets and change the look, you place a few Vinyls. Among everything else the only problem that has me most is the fret. I guess to make a good arrangement would end the problems. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Do not recommend to play live, of course if you have so many problems with it, I've played with it live and have never been disappointed, sure better have a backup. But as it is a guitar to start learning. I recommend not to play live. The hardware will not last long, minimum will last you a year and a half, then you will have to begin to change it. The pills are the change for a Seymour Duncan Distortion and Jazz 2. Sure gives much better sound and makes up low-end midrange. A guitar haci not going to last long, I to mine the care much and would not get to sell. // 7

Overall Impression: As I said above, this is a guitar that lends itself to the Hard Rock and Metal. Generally I spend playing much this kind of music, of course still playing ballads, but with this guitar I apply alone. With this guitar took a year, but I've realized it's not the best for me, since I've come a long way, in these 3 years I've been playing. I would like to have bought another type of guitar, as a LTD as they lend themselves more to the kind of music I want. What I like about this guitar is its color, black is a color night, you notice a few details in the painting that make you look that has stars on it. To others of having placed some vinyl Style Ltd ESP Iron Cross but Silverfish, to combine with the body and other vinyl Shark teeth to the mast. I chose this guitar to be learning to play other types of music that caught my attention. // 8

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014