GSA20 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 02/01/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: GSA20
I play death metal and blues, which are two contradicting styles but the pickups have such a variety of sounds, and the neck is so perfect that it doesn't matter what you really play. Awesome!!! This guitar is one of my favorites and if I find another one I'm going to buy it.
 6.6
 9.6
 3.6
review (1) pictures (1) 12 comments vote for this gear:
GSA20 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 01, 2012

Purchased from: Guitar center

Features: 2002 GSA20 Korea. 22 frets 25.5" neck scale, medium frets 3/4 size Strat style body, black finish, Ibanez standard trem, open coil passive pickups 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob, 3 way slotted switch, standard Ibanez tuners and humbuckers, Ernie Ball switch. // 10

Sound: I play death metal and blues, which are two contradicting styles but the pickups have such a variety of sounds, and the neck is so perfect that it doesn't matter what you really play. I use a Line 6 Spider IV 75 watt amp and no effects but it sounds like I'm using a distortio0n pedal with it when I have the volume all the way up but at 4.5 it sounds clean and clear. The sound is impressive for the price. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came with a low action but I put the bridge up to get a higher action. The volume knob came loose but I was able to fix that. I bought this guitar used so it was in good condition for being ten years old. The trem kind of screws up the tuning because I have it floating, but if you vibrate it after lifting it it kind of tunes it self back. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is better than some that cost $1000+ if you can find one buy it. The tuning stability is good if you're playing in drop C or drop B, but the hard ware lasted for 10 years so why not more? Being a lead guitarist I need stability and I get it. I use the trem a lot so I have to tune in between songs at gigs, but any guitar without locking tuners you will have do that. // 10

Overall Impression: Awesome!!! This guitar is one of my favorites and if I find another one I'm going to buy it. The guitar was a deal for what I got on it. I give the guitar a 10 over all because it is all I need in a guitar and it works well. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ SAS32EX 8.6 Electric Guitars 10/20/2014