JS24PCA Joe Satriani Premium Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 03/21/2014 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: JS24PCA Joe Satriani Premium
This guitar fits any music and playing style very well. The whole guitar is so responsive that emotions seem to pour from your fingers.
 9.3
 8.5
review (1) pictures (2) 7 comments vote for this gear:
JS24PCA Joe Satriani Premium Reviewed by: roxanne@ara-eng, on march 21, 2014

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia in 2013. There are 24 medium frets on a Rosewood fret board. The neck is a three piece with Maple sandwiching Bubinga. There is a KTS Titanium truss rod. And Abolone dot inlays. The neck and head stock are striking in appearance. The body is solid American Basswood. It has a very rounded super stat appearance with deep cutaways. The finish is a metallic Candy Apple Red. The bridge is a Floyd Rose type tremolo. It is Ibanez's own Edge double-locking. The pickups are passive, with great tone. There is a DiMarzio "The Chopper," DP216, in the neck position and a DiMarzio "Mo' Joe," DP184, in the bridge position. The neck pickup puts out a great stratty sound despite the 24 fret neck pushing it closer to the bridge. There is a 3-way selector switch with a push/pull hi-pass volume knob and a push/pull coil splitting tone knob. The tuners are Ibanez logo-ed. The JS24P came with a nice hard case. // 10

Sound: This guitar fits my music and playing style very well. I play rock, soft rock, classic rock, hard rock, nu-metal, blues, some jazz, instrumental rock, and acoustic. I run this through a Marshall JCM2000 DSL401, a Hughes and Kettner Tubmeister 18 head and 112, or through my Boss GT-100 or Line 6 Pod HD 300. This guitar is feels almost magical to pullout sweet harmonics, the tone range is excellent. It sounds just as great playing clean shimmery arpeggios, jazz tones, just breaking up bluesy sounds, all the way through high gain sounds. I would use this guitar for almost any style, barring classical and acoustic. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I like my actions pretty low. The factory setup was too high for me. I was simple enough to lower it to my taste. The pickup height was perfect hast as received. The finish is unbelievably gorgeous. The Candy Apple Red body and maple/bubinga neck and headstock look fabulous. The only ding I was give this guitar for fit and finish is that one or two the fret edges feel a bit rough. All of the hardware and its installation is first rate. There was nothing loose or poorly installed. The Rosewood used in the finger board has really nice grain. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I must say that I expect this guitar to hold up to the test of time. Okay, I am a bit of an Ibanez girl. This is the fifth Ibanez in my loved and modest collection. I also have a 1991 RG570JB. I've had it since it was new. And, I have a JS1000. I this guitar seems to have a same tremolo as my RG. The hardware and attention to detail rivals both my RG and JS1000. I like strap locks. So, this like my other guitars had strap locks installed. I have taken this guitar alone to a gig. It has not let me down. The finish should last I like to keep my guitars clean, waxed, and polished. With care, I believe this guitar and its finish will still look awesome for years. // 10

Overall Impression: I play lead and rhythm guitar for everything from rock and hard rock to instrumental rock, blues and bit of jazz. This guitar is an excellent fit for my playing style and genres of music. I have been playing for decades. In that time I have accumulated Fender Stratocasters and Telecaters, other Ibanez guitars. Carvin, Fender Marshall, and Hughes & Kettner amps. If this guitar were stolen, after morning her loss (the one is named Ruby), I would get another to replace her. I love the feel of this guitar. The whole guitar is so responsive that emotions seem to pour from your fingers. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014