NDM1TSG Noodles Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 10/17/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: NDM1TSG Noodles
You're not going to find another guitar like it. And on top of all that, it's just an easy playing, versatile guitar that you can get a bunch of great sounds out of.
 9.6
 9.1
reviews (2) 18 comments vote for this gear:
NDM1TSG Noodles Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 04, 2004

Features: I will use this guitar when playing live, haven't tested it yet because like I said: I have to get used to playing electric. The hardware looks like it'll last like a rock. I'm a little bit scared about the tape coming off after a few years of a lot of playing (there's a laquer-laying protecting it so I guess that won't be a problem if I take good take care of it). I had the strap buttons replaced with Schaller strap-locks because I don't want to have a single risk. I will depend on this guitar but I don't mind that as it looks like it can survive a lot (it feels that way too). I'm afraid I don't have money at the moment for a guitar backup but I have my full trust in this NDM, don't think I'd need a backup. // 10

Sound: Mainly playing many rockstyles and punk (even a wee bit of metal) and using a Marshall MG amp, no effects because I'm broke hah. I'm not that familiar with electric yet (have played accoustic for 8 years but no electric) so I'm still fiddling around with the setting sometimes, really should get an expert have a look at it to see if he can improve something (you never know). So far I've been able of getting a loy of different sounds out of it, distorted it sounds simply amazing, you can get serious punkriffs out of it and a good bunch of metalshredding if you want, it's quite full. I've also played some clean stuff (RHCP) and with the right settings you can play Scar Tissue and Californication like RHCP does themselves, nice rich sound. I looove the sound. Mainly playing Pennywise, RHCP, Offspring, Lagwagon etc. I've gotten the sounds I've been wanting to get out of it. // 10

Overall Impression: Of course I've picked this guitar on base of my musictaste, it suits it so well. I think I can safely bet that this is the best punk-guitar out there (no it's not the TomDelonnge Strat okay). I do not own any other electrics although I'm planning on changing that in a few years, but I can do more than enough with this baby for the coming years, don't need anything else at the moment. If it were stolen or lost, I'd search for it crying my tears out and being sad sad sad, if I'd find the thief who stole it I'd probably treat him pretty gruesomly but if I could not get it back I would but it again. The most I love about the Noodles is probably the looks, it's unique, one of a kind and jawdropping. Can't stop playing Gone Away or Kids Aren't Alright on this. I've compared it to an Epiphone LP, SG Custom BK4, Ibanez SZ540, PRS Santana SE, Fender Squier Standard, Fender Standard Strat Mexico. This one was my favorite above the Ibanez SZ540 and Epi SG Custom BK4. I also have to note that I was so seriously dissapointed in the Epi LP as that was the one I went to the shop for. This guitar is more than complete for me, I couldn't really wish for anything more on it, perfect for my tastes. If you go to a store for a guitar and spot this one, give it a try, you might be impressed of this one of a kind. // 10

NDM1TSG Noodles Reviewed by: Noodles TSG, on october 17, 2006

Features: This guitar is a signature guitar made for Noodles in 2002. It was made in korea, where a lot of Ibanez will be produced. This guitar has 22 frets, large frets (called jumbo frets too). Woods for it were: basswood, maple, and rosewood. Basswood body. 3pc NDM maple neck. Rosewood finger board. Great woods! The finish is called: TSG, taped stain grey, this is something what makes this guitar so great. Each guitar is hand taped so each looks different and original. This guitar is a recreation of Ibanez talman that noodles plays since 1993/94. Double cutaways allowed you to play easy on the high frets. This model has a simple fixed bridge, with steel saddles and with thru-body stringing, which is offering you siplicity, durability and great, strong sustain. This guitar has one volume and one tone controller, and of course for a H/S/H combination of pickups a 5-way selector. Pickups: Ibz Inf1 (H) neck, Ibz Infs1 (S) middle, Ibz Inf2 (H) bridge. They offer you a lot of sounds. // 10

Sound: I really got all, I have expected, out of it. I play in a band and I play only Ibanez ndms and talmans and I don't want another guitar. If you want to play music like Offspring, Bad Religion or pennysise, punk, punkrock or skatepunk it's a great guitar for you. I grew up with music like this and I couldnt play something else. I play my ndm1 with some amps and the sound was aways great. You can always hear each string. This guitar offers you strong, bright and attractive sound. Great clean and effect sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I cannot say something wrong to the producer. Good work. Really they did great job! The quality left nothing to wish. Everything works and everything make this guitar looks so great and sound so attractiv. And the finish. Great. Every guitar looks diffrent, because every one was and taped, and you wont find another one looking same like yours, so you can think you have own signature guitar. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I really think it's a good guitar for a great gig. This guitar can stand a lot out, and the hardwere is going to last everything. The strap buttons keep the guitar on the strap and you cannot lose it during a gig. Really good job makes this guitar on stage. I don't think that the finish or something else wont stand out the live gig on stage. // 10

Overall Impression: I play music called skate-punk, punk or punk rock and I think this guitar is perfect for this sound. I play guitar for 3 years and I tested a lot of guitars in music stores but I didn't find a guitar, which I would buy after sell ndm. I tested Epiphone and Gibson Les Paul and I don't like them. I played Fender Telecasters and Stratocaster, but I only like this one. If it were stolen, I would search it or buy it again. I love this guitar: the look (finish), the sound, and the great quality. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ S7521 7.7 Electric Guitars 11/26/2014