NDM2 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 09/17/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: NDM2
The Ibanez NDM2 electric is a re-creation of the first guitar made for Noodles in 1994. Updated at Noodles's request with special mirrored Noodles symbol on the pickguard. A fixed bridge with steel saddles offers durability, simplicity and strong sustain. Ibanez Infinity pickups in H-S-H configuration and special 5-way switching for The Offspring tone. Thru-body stringing offers improved articulation with greater sustain.
 8.4
 8.6
 8.2
review (1) 2 comments vote for this gear:
NDM2 Reviewed by: Tummaenkeli, on september 17, 2007

Features: I think a few people are bamboozled by my guitar Status. I will just clarify, I get guitars buy the garbage-bag full (literally) because my friend owes me big time and his store is overstocked. Anyways, here's my latest review of the thingymajig. This happy chappy is a remake of Noodle's first signature guitar, back in '94. Noodles is from The Offspring. I enjoy oriental flavoured noodles. This gee-tar has 22 jumbo frets, a typically flawless neck (with pearl dot inlays, boy are they getting dull), a rather darker coloured fretboard, with Ibanez pickups in a H/S/H configuration. 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob. There's a 5-way selector switch, which gives a fun combo of 5. And I think the most interesting thing this baby has is an individual look - some would call it the 'love child of the Strat and the Telecaster'. I just call it, 'A guitar that looks cool on my wall between a Goldtop Les Paul and an Ibanez DMM1'. The whole thing has obviously been personally designed, with a custom Noodles pick-guard (scratchboard) giving the instant illusion of cool, even if you're picking Mary Had A Little Lamb. But enough idiocy. This guitar has plently of features, enough to keep you poking and jiggling with it. And more often than not you'll get the sound you want. // 9

Sound: This is where I am struggling to not be one-sided. This guitar was fine, the 5-way selector gives the option of variables, so there is no Standard, defined 'sound' to this guitar, per se. I found it to have a bit less bass and a little more treble, I likened it to the sound my Ibanez JTK1 gives when set on its middle pickup. So there's enough variety to help you choose what you want, but I was being conservative when describing the treble. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: You could order this from the factory, unpack it, put the strap on it and go play your gig, because this baby is literally the very finest synonym of good. I (or rather, most reviewers) was accused of giving everything a high rating. That is because I generally spend less time reviewing crap. This is literally great, for once, the action on this guitar needed no minor tweaking, and after a brief restringing and changing of the tuning, I found you could just play away. Oh, wait. The 12th fret jutted out a little. I don't know if that is with all of them, however. It wasn't much, but it was enough to get my 1st (thinnest) string stuck in it, and even enough to slice open my finger. Band-aid, please. // 9

Reliability & Durability: You could snowboard on an Ibanez DMM1. Build a Terminator out of an Ibanez MTM2. With a NDM2, you own the world. Go back in time and toss one to the Romans, this baby could take anything you throw at it, be it a lamp, a foot or your little sister. Unbelievable strength makes me truly believe that this guitar is made of iron. That is lighter than iron. Like, uber iron. You can shoot a cop and use this as a bulletproof vest, if you want. Trust it with your life. It won't let you down. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this is a very satifying guitar. I would say, even for a signature guitar, than it is more of a higher-Standard class guitar. You could defidently find your tone, your sound, and your groove with this guitar. Hell, you could even give some people concussions on the way. But the pickups weren't as powerful as I had hoped, and many of the things were just slightly-tweaked Ibanez Standard gear. Would I reccomend this guitar? The bottom line is yes. But is it the Jebus (sic) of all guitars? I can't say so. Still, looks and sounds like The Offspring or Guttermouth or NOFX or Sugar Ray or [insert punk band]. You won't be too disappointed with the Ibanez Noodles NDM2. Sock gnomes for president! // 8

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ EDR170 8.7 Electric Guitars 11/18/2014