PF5CENT Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 02/03/2004 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: PF5CENT
Performance series cutaway dreadnought acoustic/electric guitar featuring a spruce top and Fishman Sonicore pickup.
 9.4
 8.8
review (1) 5 comments vote for this gear:
PF5CENT Reviewed by: daevyne, on february 03, 2004

Purchased from: Serramonte Music Center

Features: Well I absolutely loves this guitar, it's a 2003 guitar made in china, with 20 frets, a laminated natural high gloss finish. It also has Fishman Sonicore pickups and Ibanez AEQ-SS Shape Shifter Eq... Not too sure what the wood is. Probably mahogany. It's also just a normal peg bridge, chrome tuners, rose wood fretboard. // 10

Sound: It completely suits my music style (emo, acoustic), I don't currently have any amps to go with it, but I will be using my Boss PH3 phase shifter with it. The sound on the amp blows my mind, the bass it projects gives a very omniscient concert feel and the phase can give a very full "acoustic" sound on an amp compared to a clean "electric" sound. Playing the guitar unplugged it still has an excellent full dreadnought sound. I'm not too sure of the range of this guitar, but with a acoustic sound hole feedback suppressor it can work pretty much like an electric guitar. I have no complaints about this guitar cos it's amazing. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was not really too much, as I had to tune it a step down to get a full sound, but I don't play standard so it doesn't bother me. The pickups are perfect, give the best sound possible. There are honestly no flaws I find with it except the bridge pegs were a little loose when I restrung them. The finish is flawless and I have no complaints. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can definitely take a long live play without screwing up on me, the hardware is chrome and nut which will last the time if you treat it nice enough. The finish is great, but the fretboard does seem to rub a bit on your fingers. There is only one strap button on it, but I don't use a strap. I depend on this guitar as my main guitar at most gigs and I would definitely use it on a gig without backup. // 10

Overall Impression: Tbis over all an amazing guitar for the price, I own another Ovation Celebrity and an Art Luthrie with a Martin active piezo pickup, and they still don't compare to my Ibanez. There are other finishes for this guitar if anyone prefers anything including midnight burst and black. What I love most is the versatility of this guitar in playing electric or mic'ed. It's great for any guitar player and will definetely last the time. It has sound not as full as a Gibson but the price is dream. If I lost this guitar, I would not only cry but buy it again. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RGIR28FE 8.9 Electric Guitars 10/22/2014