RG140 Roadstar II Review

Action, Fit & Finish: 8.5
 Features: 8.5
reviews (3) 12 comments vote for this gear:
RG140 Roadstar II Reviewed by: deibanez, on july 16, 2007

Features: I actually bought this guitar from a friend at school, she amazedly didn't play it like most kids Who never wanted one but has one anyways which amazes me. I did some back ground work on it and apparently it was made in Japan and I think it's and 87'. It has 22 frets which is a big relief compared to my acoustic, and it has the perfect neck, it doesn't widen toward the end and the frets are evenly cut, you fingers just graze it and it makes the most wonderful sound. Especially when C chord and a chord without the Amp on, my god it's like better than doing anything else. Five way selector which is unique if your trying out new stuff, and Tap and a volume knob. Not sure what type of tuner I have, I tune it by ear using my acoustic and that works well for me. // 9

Sound: Rock, most definitely rock, like every person on here really. It just goes well with the songs like Iron Man by Black Sabbath and ones like Smoke on the Water, which you could say those songs go with any electric guitar, just examples. Rich sound, clean, sort of fulfilling. I need a new Amp, some girl sold it on Ebay. Clean sounding. Has a rich sound, like it's happy to be here. You can compare to some of the more expensive guitars, it's absolutely worth having if that gets the point across. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Since I didn't buy it brand new, but the girl never played it, so like I said I doubt she would ever realize something was wrong with it, the wood is great it's maple wood and it has a fine texture to it, like what hardwood floor has type. The tuning pegs tick me off sometimes, you can't set it up against anything without un-tuning it which is why a guitar stand comes in handy. Controls fit fine, besides the tuning pegs it's in perfect working order. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Hell yea it'll stand live playing. It's about a two year old guitar, hardly ever played by previous owner, and yea I had to get the strings replaced but other than that and the stupid stickers the person stuck on it, it's extremely powerful. Oh if you need to get stickers off of it, (just in case, you never know) rub some cleaner on it, sort of like windex and wood polisher, it came right off, you can't even tell there ever was any. That would had been handy months ago. I would definitely use it without a backup, man this guitar is like the bomb, even without my Amp, you can still hear it loud and clean. Bloody brilliant. // 7

Overall Impression: I've been playing since last Christmas, but I'm a pretty fast learner when it comes to music. I own a Johnson blue acoustic, which hurts my fingers like the devil my fingers aren't tough but I love the damn thing, it makes the loudest, or softest, sounds. I also own a drum and a Marimba set. Yea I wish I would had asked the owner why the hell did she put stickers on it. If it were stolen, I'd probably buy me another Ibanez just because I like their style, but the same one? Probably not, they have ones out there I'd love to have. Favorite feature the neck. Wish it had an Epiphone black Strat look to it, that would be freakin awesome. // 10

RG140 Roadstar II Reviewed by: Hawkthenight, on february 09, 2009

Features: I know it sounds funny, but my mother gave this to me. It was made in Japan, in the early 1980s, there are 22 frets, I think a maple neck (not sure it's very hard to tell). it's a solid top, obviosly it's electric, the pickups are located (on the guitar if you don't already know) right at the beginning of the neck, andthen the middle of the body, both in sets of two ( looks like thes || || [neck]). The tuning keys were made again by Ibanez, and still work like new (even though they have been used for years). If you want to know more just email me at. // 8

Sound: The sound is exactly my syle, loud rich, full, with a lot of BANG to it if you know what I mean. I use a little Squier sp-10 amp while I'm at home ( as to not wake any one up, and blow their eardrums). I usually play hard rock, metal songs. I really just fool around and learn cool intros or solos, I make a little of my own music, using a bass guitar I make something up that sounds ok, then I make a version for it on guitar, then finish it off with a cool drum tone ( if you think I forgot the lyrics, I didn't, I don't touch those, I only agree to them [The gf]). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well when I got the guitar it was ready to play (tuning excluded)there is a litle mess up with the wires from it sitting for years, so the rear pickups don't always work, but when I have a chance I will fix it. I'm going to say this the way it is, the guitar rocks, I rock with it and it's really good to play on. // 9

Reliability & Durability: yes, my and my band (World Revolution) play shows at a school we go to, like I said before the rear pickups are a little screwy but that can be fixed easily, and nothing has been replaced, except for the strings. I think it would definatly hold up Live, at a big gig, but any good guitarest knows the limits of his guitar, and knows it's always good to have backup. // 9

Overall Impression: I normally play hard rock, metal that sort of thing, but sometimes I go a little softer (catch my drift? ) like sweet home alibama. With what I play, it holds up really well. If this guitar got stolen, I don't know what I would do, I mean I would put out a reward for it, I would search for it. This guitar has something no other guitar has, or will have, The Love Of Family. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG3EXFM1 8.1 Electric Guitars 08/20/2014