RG1570 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 07/24/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG1570
Identifiable by the Prestige logo, it features neck with the comfortable rounding found previously in vintage instruments broken in by years of dedicated playing.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.4
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.4
 Features: 9.2
 9.3
 8.6
reviews (22) pictures (11) 94 comments vote for this gear:
RG1570 Reviewed by: lotusfeet04, on july 25, 2006

Features: My particular RG 1570 was made in 2006 in Japan, by Team J Craft. The guitar is awesome, Wizard neck, 24 frets, Jumbo Frets, Basswood body, Ibanez V8, S1, and V7 pickups, and a wonderful Edge Pro tremelo. The guitar has a mirage red top with a color-changing sparkle. 5-way pickup selector and a volume and tone knob. The tuners are Gotoh. This guitar has a locking nut, and it never comes out of tune, no matter how the whammy bar is used. // 10

Sound: I have a different style of music than most, which I call alternative electrabletal. I play a lot of Vai, Satch, Johnson, Hammett, SRV, Page, Reid, Weiner, VH, and Atkins, and this guitar fits perfectly. I play it through a Custom Crate 212 120W amp, and I use a Boss DS-1 and DigiTech DS-7 distortion pedal. The guitar had a slight buzz when I first recieved it, but was easily fixed by lowering the pickups. On the brige pickup, the tone is similar to a Strat or Les Paul, the single-coil pickup has a warm tone of its own, and the neck pickup has almost endless sustain and sounds like a DiMarzio Evolution. This guitar can get any sound you want it to. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got it, the intonation was not set, but is easily fixed. The action was perfect, the pickups were a little too close for me, and the top was exactly as I saw it on the internet. The bridge was routed perfectly, and there were absolutely no flaws on it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is perfect for gigs, very tough. The hardware seems and appears to be strong, however I saw the same locking nut on a Steve Vai Bad Horsie guitar and it was rusted. The strap buttons are solid, and the finish withstands my rough playing. I would never need a backup for this guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is perfect for my style. I have been playing for almost two years, and this guitar will stay with me forever. I also own two other Ibanez guitars, one Epiphone s900, and a Jackson RR. I have no regrets on buying it, and I would buy another one in a heartbeat were it lost/damaged/stolen. I love everything about it, and the only thing I dislike about it is not being able to keep it clean! The pickups are the best thing about this guitar. I compared this guitar to a Steve Vai JEM and got pretty damn close. I chose this one because it was obviously cheaper but none less impressive. I only wish it had a Fernandes Sustainer, but I might buy another one just for that reason. // 10

RG1570 Reviewed by: JS Donnie F., on august 08, 2005

Features: Ibanez Prestige guitars are crafted of premium woods by our most experienced luthiers using the perfect blend of New World technology and Old World craftsmanship. Identifiable by the Prestige logo, Prestige models feature necks with the comfortable rounding found previously in Vintage instruments broken in by years of dedicated playing. - Body: basswood - Bridge/tremolo: Edge Pro(L) - Fingerboard: rosewood - 24 jumbo frets - Pearl dot inlays - Neck material: Wizard Prestige. // 10

Sound: I play some classic rock, hard rock, and some Satriani stuff but I don't consider myself as a shreder). It has a good pickup arangment - bridge humbucker is good for solos, middle single coil for cleans and neck humbucker for rhythm. I use it with my Fender Hot Rod and the cleans are really good. But some pickup upgrading would not hurt, if you want a really good tone. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was set perfectly, tremolo was set perfectly, the finish is mirrage red, not the best loockin' color, but very nice. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is exelent for my music taste and I would deffinetley buy it again, if it would be lost. I love the neck, because it is so thin and easy to play, and the double-locking tremolo bridge is really cool too. I first tought of buying an JS100, but this one has a better neck and tremolo, so I chose this one. Again, great guitar. // 10

RG1570 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 13, 2006

Features: Mine is 2005 model made in Japan by T. J. Craft team, which, I believe, is responsible for all Ibanez prestege and signature series. The neck is very thin, shred-oriented with 24 medium-jumbo frets and rosewood fretboard with dot marks. I'd like lower frets being scalloped like on a Jam. But still the neck is well accessible. The basswood body has a nice "mirage" finish, whish changes its color depending on the angle at which you look at the guitar and the lightning conditions. There a re two finishes available for this model "mirage blue" and "mirage red." I own the blue one and its color varies from light sparkling blue to almost black. The bridge is Ibanez Edge Pro, allowing for deep divebomb trem work. The pickups are Ibanez-made in H/S/H configuration. Controls are kind of a standard volume, tone, tone with 5-way Switch. The guitar is equipped with non-locking Gotoh tuners. It may seem a disadvantage, but considering the locking nut, I believe tuners have little to no impact on overall tuning stability. The guitar comes with hardshell case (very well made, much better then ones supplied with American Fenders), set of allen wrenches and spare plastic shells used to tighten the trem bar. No cable or strap or polish cloth. // 9

Sound: I play mainly hard and heavy rock (everything from Deep Purple to Dream Theater, Vai etc) and this guitar allows me to cover everything without changing the guitar. Roll back the sound and put the Switch into position 2 or 4 and you'll get bluesy straty sound. On the maximum volume the sound is fat but not as fat as LesPaul would be. I play it through Fender Blues Junior with Boss DS-1 and Vox Wah. The sound is good but I'm thinking to getting Mesa/Boogie F30 which, I guess would be better match for this guitar. I also plan to change pickups. The stock pickups are OK but still leave much room for improvement, plus I'd like to get warmer sound with more sustain. I'll probably end up with some Dimarzo Breed or Paf Pro. Haven't decided yet. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar I own received some pre-sale treatment in the shop before I purchased it, so it's hard for me to judge what was it look like right out of the box. However, I still needed to adjust the action in order to lower the strings and to get rid of string buzz. But I believe that any instrument placed in extreme weather conditions (from warm shop into the car with minus 4 outside and back to warm house) would require some fixes. Otherwise I have no complains. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I am not a pro so I play live very rare. But considering the quality of the instrument I think it would withstand heavy use and abuse. The stock straps look quite nice, however I changed them into DiMarzio ClipLock, which is more useful for me. But that's the matter of taste, anyway. I wouldn't go for a gig without backup simply because there's always a danger of breaking a string. Otherwise, I don't feel I'd need a spare guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: As I've said, I play hard rock and moderately heavy metal and the guitar suites me fine. I think that after pickup change it would be even better. I also own Fender Deluxe Stratocaster, which I primarily use for clean sound but I found that when I'm too lazy to Switch from one guitar to other the 1570 can handle not only heavy riffy kind of music but also more bluesy stuff. I woudn't trade it for my white Ibanez Jem, but I should say that for its price its very well made guitar with good playability. // 9

RG1570 Reviewed by: sylent, on february 09, 2006

Purchased from: My local guitar store :D

Features: Its an Ibanez RG1570 MRB (mirage blue) made by Team J. Craft (Japan). It has 24 fret length with jumbo frets and rosewood on it. The body is very thin actually and the color is very hot that turns from pitch black, dark blue, blue, purple, kinda greenish and somewhat very dark mixed green-and blue. It includes a case that was specially made for this guitar. It of course, has a floyd rose Gotoh tuner on it that w/e you keep the tuning on, it stays in tune! // 10

Sound: This guitar is actually pretty versatile. I play heavy metal up to blues stuff and jazz and it works out for me. I use a vox amp and the sound is very rich with each pickup-switching you do in each 5 switches. This guitar is made for soloing and lead I bet it has both the Richness and brightness of the sound which actually depends if you Switch the pickups on this guitar to your style of music. The pickups can be better but it is much better than the RG2550 and RG2570 whhich cost much more but looks to (me more less appealing, except if the RG2570 has matching headstock). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: It was setup pretty good actually since I ordered it from my local store and it was proof checked (or double checked) when it came to the store. It came pretty good in tune. Everything was good to go. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will with stand live I bet you. But I never been on a gig yet since this place I live at sucks and alawys bring a back-up (especially a good fix-bridge guitar), so you might never know if your string will break. The hook (for strapping the guitar) is very tight. // 9

Overall Impression: Well I play jazz and almsot all kind of rock except emo. I would've gotten maybe this nice Epiphone Les Paul Custom with EMGs and it looked so nice. But then again I decided on the RG since I wanted a floyd. I compared it to my old guitar and that 800 difference really payed off. I reccommend this instrument to everyone and check out the red version of it too! Get this guitar Switch pickups to your desire and have fun! // 10

RG1570 Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 09, 2006

Purchased from: Local Guitar Shop

Features: Mine was made in 2005. It was made by Team J. Craft in Japan. It has a 24 jumbo frets and the fretboard is made from rosewood, the neck is maple. The body is basswood so its light. It has a edge pro trem and has a H/S/H pickups. The neck for me is awesome, it's thin so you could shred anywhere the fretboard. Also you can reach the higher frets easily 'cause of its all access neck joint. It has a Gotoh tuners and has a cosmo black color that matches the trem and the knobs. It come with 1 volume, 1 tone knob and a 5-way switch. Case is included and is a Team J. Craft custom hardcase. // 10

Sound: I play Dream Theater songs, John Petrucci, Vai, Malmsteen, Satriani and the guitar copes with every playing style you could think of. I play it with a Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier and a DigiTech GNX3000. the pickups are basically good but I would recommend changing it to DiMarzio or EMG's so you could get the guitars full potential. Other than that, it sounds great. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The setup was good but not great. The action is low so it plays fast. But I had to adjust the intonation a little bit 'cause it's kinda sharp when fretted. Fret wires are in good shape, although I had the pickups change to air norton in neck, and tone zone in the bridge and now it sound even better. Other than that it didn't have any other flaws. The paint is awesome. It changes color in diffrent lighting from black to blue to a bit greenish blue. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is durable and will withstand a live gig, though I would have a backup guitar just incase the strings break 'cause I tend to use the whammy a lot. Strap buttons are tight. The finish is excellent, it doesn't scratch easily and is smooth. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing for 9 years now and so far this guitar is my fave. I have a Fender Strat, a Parker Nite Fly and a MusicMan John Petrucci and so far, nothing beats its thin and fast neck. If was stolen I would definitely buy another. I love the neck, the sound, the trem, it's awesome. Although I could wish it only had a H/H configuration and a 3-way switch just like my Petrucci model. So far, This guitar is great. Price is not too expensive but the features a rich. Go get one and try it yourself. You'll definitely like it. // 9

RG1570 Reviewed by: metalldragon, on august 30, 2006

Purchased from: Local Store

Features: My RG 1570 was made in 2005 in Japan, by Team J Craft. The guitar is awesome, Wizard neck, 24 Jumbo Frets, Basswood body, Ibanez V8, S1, and V7 pickups, and a wonderful Edge Pro tremelo. The guitar has a mirage blue top with a color-changing sparkle. 5-way pickup selector and a volume and tone knob. The tuners are Gotoh. This guitar has a locking nut, and it rarely comes out of tune, no matter how much the whammy bar is used. I had a hard case made by team J craft when I bought this. // 9

Sound: I mainly play Steve Vai and Satch stuff. I like to play a bit of metal here and there, some blues. And I can tell you that this guitar suits all my styles. It is very versatile, and the clean sound is great too. I'm using a Marshall 50 watt amp, and when I'm in the mood, I plug in my DigiTech Death Metal distorsion pedal. This guitar has a low feedback, even with maximum distortion, the guitar still cuts through. This guitar can play anything, unlike the Jackson I have which can only play metal, and my other Fender Strat which when added the distortion, begins to hum. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got this guitar, the action was very low, though the sound was still clean. You can shred as fast as hell with this guitar due to it's ultra thin neck. The pickups are a bit loose, but don't worry, they won't fall off. Other than that it had no scratches or flaws what'soever. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a rock. I've had it for over a year now and it really is like Brand New. I would definitly go to a gig without backup. The strap buttons are very solid. I'm telling you, If you take care of this guitar, it will laast a lifetime. This guitar is a rock. I've had it for over a year now and it really is like brand new. I would definitly go to a gig without backup. The strap buttons are very solid. I'm telling you, If you take care of this guitar, it will laast a lifetime. // 9

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about 4 years now, and this is my favourite guitar from the ones I have. If it was stolen, I'd sell my other guitars to buy it again. The sound is close to a JEM, it's ideal for Steve Vai lovers who don't afforrd a JEM. I've been playing for about 4 years now, and this is my favourite guitar from the ones I have. If it was stolen, I'd sell my other guitars to buy it again. The sound is close to a JEM, it's ideal for Steve Vai lovers who don't afforrd a JEM. // 10

RG1570 Reviewed by: Brett Michael, on april 06, 2009

Features: My guitar is a prestige Rg made in Malaysia. I paid about $1400 for it, but it was deffinately worth it. It has the five-piece wizard neck with a maple fretboard and twenty four jumbo frets. The guitar itself is made out of mahagony with a chameleon color blue finish called mirage blue. All of the hardware is chrome, including the whammy bar. There are volume and tone knobs in a black finish along with a 5-way selector. The guitar came special made with DiMarzio pickups. Along with the guitar, I bought an Ibanez deluxe hardshell case, distortion pedal, and amp. Also a set of Danelectro effect pedals. // 9

Sound: The overall sound of the guitar is decent. There are several guitars that have a better sound, but my guitar suit's my music style. I normally stick to metal and alternative styles, so generally it will have a distorted sound. The pickups alone can produce a distortion. I use an Ibanez amp along with several effect pedals to create the loud, screaming sound that I like. The one thing that I wish I could do is create that crunchy, distorted sound found in some bands. My guitar is not capable of producing it. But the pickups can also create a very rich sound if switched to the front ones. As for overall variety of sound, there are quite a few sounds that it can produce, but there are still many more that it can't. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When the guitar was purchased, it was set up fairly well. There was a slight buzz on the lower E string, but nothing that couldn't be fixed easily. Other that that, the action was great. You barely have to touch the strings to play. The pickups were fine, no problem there, and the top was matched perfectly. The only bad thing is that when I got the guitar, there were some flaws in the finish. Not from the factory, but from shipment. There were some light scratches in it and one bad chip in the body, but everything else was fine with it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is extremely durable and can withstand abuse. Mine has been dropped several times with no damage to the body or hardware. It will withstand Live performances easily. The strap buttons are solid with no trouble. The guitar is extremely dependable. It stays in tune really well and there have never been any problems with it. I play alot, and the guitar has no pick guard, but I have had no problems with the finish. There are a few light scratches, but other that that, nothing else caused by picking. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about ten months and stick mainly to playing metal. The overall style of the guitar suit's my mood and playing. The finish just has that "I'm ready to shred" look to it. So it suit's me. I use several effect pedals along with the guitar, so it can create the sound that I want from it. If it was to be lost, I would try to get it back or by another exactly like it. But it would still never be the same as the original. I love everything about it, no question, and can't find anything to hate about it. This guitar was made for me and I liked it better than any other guitars that I looked at. // 10

RG1570 Reviewed by: tume, on march 08, 2010

Price paid: € 450

Purchased from: Used from some dude

Features: My Ibanez was made in Japan, it has 24 frets. Its neck is from maple, fretboard from rosewood and body from basswood and its strat. Bridge: Edge Pro bridge on BK, CA models. In mine Rg is EMGs mics (active ones). There is one volume and one tone control, 5-way selector. // 9

Sound: Whit my EMG mics it sounds awesome! You can play anything with it. I'm using my 75w Line 6 with it, I play metal music and Ibanez fits exelently to playing it! Sound is very bright, its not noisy. I think those orginal mics are not as good as EMGs but you know, EMG is maybe one of the best mics of 'em all. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar was set-up fine when I got it, but it was used so I can't know how fine it was set-up in new. Picups was just awesome when I got started playing that Ibanez, I didn't need to adjust. Top and Bridge was perfect. Only problem with this guitar for me have been tuning. Tremolo makes it hard to get guitar in tune, because when I tune one string up, another ones go down.. But I have just to learn to get this on right tune somehow :) // 8

Reliability & Durability: If idd go to play live, I would absolutely pick this guitar with me. I don't know reason why I wouldnt. This guitars hardware is just like what it was when I got this, Awesome! I needed to replace my strap buttons whit straplocks, because those orginal ones didn't keep my strap locked. My guitar even dropped to floor because of that. // 8

Overall Impression: I play many kinds of metal music and my Ibanez matches perfectly to it! I have been playing about 2 years from now, and Ibanez is my second guitar. I have sold my first guitar so I don't have any other guitars now, but I'm planning to buy some ESP or something. If my Ibanez were stolen idd maybe buy some other guitar model than Strat (maybe some Explouder or V) but this Ibanez wont be bad option :) // 10

RG1570 Reviewed by: StonedColdCrazy, on may 04, 2012

Price paid: C$ 650

Purchased from: Kijiji

Features: 2008 made in Japan RG1570 Prestige in midnight blue. - 24 frets 25.5 scale on rosewood board with dot inlays. - 5 piece maple/walnut wizard prestige aanj bolt on neck. - Basswood body, poly finish. - Edge Pro tremolo bridge. - Gotoh tuning machines. - H/s/h with one vol, one tone and a 5 way switch. // 8

Sound: I put a Bare Knuckle Aftermath set into this guitar. I used it for thrash metal, groove and hard rock. It sounded great, the bridge pickup provided amazing clarity and definition through any effects or distortion unparalleled by any pickup I have used. Huge bite and effortless harmonics. Really tight pickup with a great growl perfect for thrash. The neck pickup was far too bright for my liking, but roll the tone down and it played sweet leads which like the bridge were very clear and defined. The guitar itself was very well balanced, good resonance and pretty good sustain. The stock pickups were noisy and lacking character. The bridge sounded tinny and was fairly muddy. I played it through a Blackstar HT-5 and a POD X3. Effects were a crybaby and an OD, and the multitude of pod effects. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought the guitar used. Setup was pretty good, I lowered the action a bit but otherwise was great. No flaws to be found beside a few dings from the original owner. Fretwork was great and well finished. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a freaking brick. Nothing ever went awry and I actually had the same strings on it for a full year. Still had fine tuning space left, but the strings were dead. Stock parts were quality, never saw a need to replace anything beside the pickups. Poly finish will last forever. I would trust to gig this without a backup because even with crazy trem abuse I never broke a string. Strap buttons are huge and really didn't need locks. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing for 6 years. I also have an RG370DX, RG470 and a J-Custom RG8570. This guitar suited my needs perfectly after the pickup swap. I actually just sold it and will not be replacing it. The J-Custom filled the void and more. Favorite feature was the edge pro. Best tremolo bridge I have ever used! I did not like the color, blue sparkles on black, but it grew on me. Best guitar I've ever played in the price range (new or used price). I'd give it a 10, but the stock pickups are weak, I hate dot inlays and it was trumped by my 10 of a J-Custom. // 9

RG1570 Reviewed by: cemges, on july 24, 2012

Purchased from: Local Vintage Guitar Shop

Features: 2006 MIJ, in Fujigen factory. 24 frets, Jumbo I guess. 25.5' scale, Wizard Prestige, rosewood fingerboard. Solid Baswood body, perfect sound. Neck is 5 pc maple walnut, and really comfortable. Classic RG, Edge Pro bridge which is the one I like best, and prefer over OFR. It has passive pickups of course, one volume one tone. I bought it used so it had Evolution pickups on it. I couldn't test original V7 and V8 humbuckers. It has Gotoh tuners. It is given a hard Case, a really solid one. // 10

Sound: I had buy it used so it had Evolution Humbuckers installed by old owner, but I had played other ones before buying, and a pickup change was necessary. Yet if you install new pickups, this thing turns into a monster. I am using a Marshall AVT20, not a great amp, but this thing still can get good tones out of it. With the Evo humbuckers, I can get aggressive distortion sounds rich of harmonic overtones, or with 4th position get really good straty tones, good for distortion and cleans. It's cleans are awesome, unlike you would wait from high gain ceramic pickups, can really get good jazz, funk, pop sounds. With distortion, it can easily takes drop tunes, metal, rock, blues etc. Everything can be played with this guitar, with 5 way switch, tone and volume controls. It is not noisy, but pickups are loud so if you touch guitar body, the noise caused by that is much more. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know about first factory settings, but it doesn't have much fret buzz and a good intonation. You can have really low actions, without any problems. It is really comfortable, with thin neck, and low actions. Everything was perfect when I got it. A little oxidized hardware and loose volume control, which were caused by 5 years of use from previous owner is acceptable. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Doesn't go out of tune, perfect strap locks, they aren't locking but you really don't need it. Hardware has no problem. It can easily withstand live playing. Strings doesn't break at all. I can always depend on it, a second backup guitar would be foolish. Finish is really good, and not very thin, it will stay long from what I can see. // 10

Overall Impression: I am not specialized in only one kind of music, and so this guitar is versatile for everything. You can even play country etc. If it were stolen I would suicide, that good guitar. The neck on it awesome, that's what I love most, and It's tone is perfect. No hates on anything. I looked for many other RGs, Shecters, LTD's, but this is just better then all. // 10

RG1570 Reviewed by: irishman, on december 18, 2006

Purchased from: www.guitarampkeyborad.co.uk

Features: This is a RG1570L (the lefty version), made in 2005 in Japan. It's got 24 jumbo frets, a three piece Wizard neck (bolt-on), which is noticably thinner and more comfortable than the neck on my other electric (B.C. Rich Warlock). The neck is made from Rosewood and the body from basswood. The bridge is an Edge Pro, and is absolutely sweet! There are some people that seem slightly daunted by floating trems, but resting your arm on the bridge really isn't a problem and doesn't affect the tuning at all. The guitar has one volume and one tone knob. I think more volume knobs would have been nicer, as there are 3 pickups (IBZ V7 humbucker in the neck, IBZ S1 single-coil in the middle, and an IBZ V8 humbucker at the bridge) and a 5-way selector. The Edge Pro is a double-locking trem. The guitar comes with an Ibanez hardcase. // 10

Sound: I mainly play rock and metal, satriani, vai, Metallica, Slayer etc. the guitar suits the style like a glove! I also play a good bit of hendrix and classic rock like that (cream, rory gallagher etc.) and you can get a really nice tone from the guitar for that sort of music as well. On distorted tone, the bridge humbucker sounds electric! It's sound is very similar to a Jem, which is just as well since they don't make those in lefty's! The neck humbucker packs a similar punch, though isn't quite as bluesy as I'd like a neck pickup to be. I'm not too keen on the single-coil when distorted, though with a clean tone it sounds unbelievable, the sort of tone one would usually attribute to a Strat! The guitar has nice sustain and the Edge Pro is great for making those screaming harmonics just like Satriani. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came nicely set-up. The intonation was a bit off, but that is easily fixed. I also raised the single coil pickup a little since it was a bit quieter than the two humbuckers. The action is set up nice. The finish on the guitar really has to be seen! I have the mirage blue model, and it looks killer! It shimmers from black/deep blue to a light blue/green, and really is totally cool! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can take a good whalloping, the locking nuts will keep your strings in tune and the strap buttons will keep you from horribly embarassing yourself at a gig by dropping it! I would probably bring a backup to a gig, only to deal with playing songs in different tuning, since to re-tune this would take a while, but that's the price you pay for an awesome bridge! // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is great if you want to play any sort of rock/metal. I've been playing guitar for 7 years now and this is perfect for me. If it were lost or stolen, I'd buy another one in a second! The one thing that takes getting used to is the different neck scale, and seeing 24 frets instead of 22 is a bit confusing at the start! // 10

RG1570 Reviewed by: tinman717, on august 18, 2007

Features: I just bought this guitar a little over a month ago after doing tons of research to figure out the perfect guitar for me to buy. All I have to say is that this guitar is amazing! This guitar has loads of cool features. It has the extremely thin Prestige Wizard neck on it, which is seriously the most comfortable and fast neck I've ever played. And my friends Who have tried the guitar say the neck is the best they have ever felt. It also has the Edge Pro double locking tremolo system, which works like a charm. The guitar stays in tune no matter what, as long as you properly stretch the strings when you change them. If you don't like floating bridges, don't buy this guitar. A lot of people complain that this guitar will sound out of tune if they rest their hand on the bridge well no duh! As long as you know how to properly play a guitar that has a floating bridge, you will have no problem with this guitar. It's perfect. // 10

Sound: The RG1570 sounds amazing. I run it through a Yamaha DG80 112 amplifier, and MAN, I couldn't be happier. I can get some really great Van Halen style tones with the combination of this guitar and amp, as well as many other sounds. I mostly play rock and punk music, and kinda "pop-punk" or whatever (think Sum 41 and Fall Out Boy combined), and this guitar works for all of that. And running it clean, it delivers just as well. I like to set the amp on a nice clean channel, and set the Switch on the guitar so that it uses the bridge humbucker and middle single-coil pickup at the same time. You get a really unique tone if you use that combination of pickups, one that I personally really like. The variety of sounds this guitar can make is endless. Use the bridge humbucker for a harder tone, whether it be clean or distorted, or use combinations of the other pickups for different sounds. Experiment all you want with the pickups and your amp, and you'll find a sound you can't resist. As for the stock pickups, they are pretty good sounding. Just DiMarzio IBZ pickups. I haven't replaced them yet, but I probably will, just for the hell of it. They get great sound and it's totally fine, but depending on your personal preferences, you might want to change them to something more suiting to you. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I hate it when people downgrade the guitar because it wasn't set up properly or whatever when they bought it. Look man, if you're a serious guitarist, just read on the internet and learn how to adjust action, intonation, bridge height, all that sort of stuff. I totally tweak and adjust my guitar all on my own, and I'm only 15 years old. If I can handle it, anyone can. As for the finish, it's awesome. I have the Mirage Blue version of the guitar, which is what most people have. The guitar can look black, very dark blue, bluish-green, or a combination of all three, sorta. You'd kinda have to see it in real life. The pictures on the online stores are a little misleading, because the finish on the guitar isn't nearly as bright as it is in the pictures. It's a much darker blue, and I've never had the guitar in any lighting condition that made it such a light color that it looked like it does in the pictures. The finish seems well applied and thick. It doesn't scratch very easily. I've only put 2 very very minor scratches on the guitar that you can only see when you angle it right, and they are on the back of the guitar anyways. Probably just from rubbing on one of those button things on my jeans or something, Who knows. But yeah, the finish is just great. Some people were worried about it looking too "snazzy" or something, but I don't think it does. It's not like some sort of Ultra-cool flashy thing. It just gently and slightly changes colors depending on how light hits it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The RG1570 is a very solid piece of equipment that would definitely stand up to Live playing no problem. Due to it's tremolo system, I would bring a fixed bridge backup guitar with in case you break a string, because replacing a string on this guitar can take a few minutes. And that's the only reason you would really need a backup, is just to save time if you Busted a string. This guitar is just so good, and it can cover pretty much any style of music, so you probably would never even have to Switch guitars if you didn't want to. This guitar is of extremely high quality and is among the highest quality Ibanez offers. The hardware should last a really really long time, due to the high quality hardened metal on the bridge and other stuff like that. The finish will probably last forever as long as you don't abuse it. Nothing really bad about the guitar in this area at all. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, this guitar is just amazing. It covers pretty much any style of music you want it to. I've been playing for 6 and a half years, and this is my favorite guitar I've ever played. Highly, highly recommended for anyone Who wants to rock. And if you aren't a rocker, but you want the locking bridge system, this guitar would work for you too. // 10

RG1570 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 29, 2007

Features: Ibanez RG1570 made by Team J Craft in Japan. Easy access to all 24 frets due to deep cutaways on the body which not only allow for easier accesibiilty to all frets they also look really cool. The neck is a 5 piece Wizard Prestige, one of the thinnest Ibanez do. The fretboard is Rosewood with jumbo frets so it is easy to bend strings. The body is made from Basswood which works well with distortion and also gives a nice clean tone. It has a unique mirage blue finish giving the guitar a sparkly look which appears to change from black to blue in differernt lighting conditions. The bridge is an Edge Pro which are said to be the best double locking trems in the world, and I would agree. It ahs a H/S/H configuration making it very versatile. If you play a lot of metal I would say you would benefit by upgrading the bridge pickup to something with a higher output. There is one volume and one tone pot with a 5 way switcher. Locking tuners are Gotoh. Hard case was included with accessory bag including allen keys and washers for trem arm. // 8

Sound: I mainly play Metal and together with a high gain amp I have found a nice tone. It is perfect for fast solos, squealing harmonics and divebombs. The neck pickup has a nice full warm sounding tone perfect for sweeping those arpeggios and the single coil is great for clean sounds. You can also mix the Single coil with neck/bridge pickup. This guitar would suit any style whether it be metal, rock, blues, jazz, funk, you name it and it will probably do it. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came to me with a reasonable set up. I only adjusted the trem when I changed string gauge. Pickup height was good. I've had this guitar for a year now and the only problems I have had is the pickup selector knob falling off, that was easily fixed though. The volume tone has completely faded unlike the tone control as I use the volume control more. I don't think this is due to cheap hardware but me having more acidic sweat than normal as my guitar strings corrode after around 4 hours of playing even with wiping down. As with all Ibanez RG's, the coating of paint on the body is quite thin so it can easily be chipped, if you take care you should avoid this. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I've played live with this guitar on many occassions without a backup. The hardware seems of high quality. Your strap won't be coming loose half way through your set due to the size of them and they are firmly stuck in the body. I think the finish will last but the hardware may fade over a long period of time, as with most guitars played a lot. // 9

Overall Impression: If it were stolen I would definately buy another if I could afford it. I've been playing around 6 years. I can honestly say I love this guitar. I bought this product without playing it on the internet (as I'm a lefty). I had never played an Ibanez before but soon as I picked it up it jsut felt perfect like it was custom built for me. // 10

RG1570 Reviewed by: MT Zombie, on november 15, 2007

Features: This particular Ibanez comes from the Prestige range. It's a 24 fret beast with an Edge Pro floating trem. I got the mirage red finish, a finish very different from many that I have seen, although it's known as red it seems to also have hints of other colours as the light shines on it. The RG1570 has a pickup combination of H/S/H. The pickup selection is 5-way, giving different combinations and very different sounds. First is bridge position, next is the top coil of the bridge humbucker with the middle coil, next is just the middle single coil pick ups, next is the middle single coil with the botton coil of the neck pick up and last is the neck humbucker. Then one mater volume control and one tone. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of heavy music, metal, hardcore, punk and grunge. At the moment I am playing it through my Korg AX3000 and Hiwatt 100watt combo, not the best setup in the world I know the new amp is on it's way when I get my christmas over time. However, I have played it through a full valve Laney and it was very good indeed. Pickup terms I tend to keep it in bridge postion however in solos some of the other configerations are good to play around with. However the only downside which many other people have mentioned is the pickups, they aren't bad but they could be a little better for the price you are paying for this, however this is easily sorted, I shall do this once I am sorted with a nice new full valve amp. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: For the strings it had on (which I believe are 9s) it was set up perfectly, however, I like slightly thicker strings, so after much fiddling around with the floating trem and an extra spring it was sorted and still plays a dream! Other than that no other flaws, just set the pick up heights to how I saw fit. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I believe I have played this guitar at around 10 gigs now. I only ever had one problem with it and that was a string breaking half way through a song! not much can be helped with that. People sometimes say you don't need to gig with a backup guitar but for this reason you do, esspecially with a guitar with a floating bridge as it's gunna take a couple of minutes to set up. So the guys kept playing, I grabbed my half step guitar, tuned it up to drop d and came back in ready for my solo. Easy. // 10

Overall Impression: This deffinatly works for the music I play, only thing I wish it had would be better pickups, but that's in line to be changed. If it were stolen from me I would deffinatly get another or higher range model but certainly nothing bellow this model. All in all, great guitar and plays like a dream. I'd also like to mention this is my first review on here. if any one has any issues or advice etc on how to make a review better, just message me, cheers. // 9

RG1570 Reviewed by: Tubyboulin, on july 15, 2008

Price paid: C$ 899

Purchased from: Mill Music

Features: This guitar is a 2008 Ibanez RG1570, made in Japan. It features a wizard prestige neck, 18mm at the first fret and 20 mm at the 12th, all access bolt-on neck joint, and 24 jumbo frets. Mine is mirage blue finish, and I think it looks really great. MB shifts from black to sparkling blue, depending on what angle you look at it. It has a floating bridge system, the Edge-Pro, which is a very reliable system. So far I've only had to tune it 3 times, and I use the bar heavily. It's got H/S/H Passive pickups built by Ibanez. One tone, one volume, 5-way switch. Pretty straightforward control layout. Comes with a prestige case, from Team J-Craft. // 8

Sound: I purchased this guitar to play metal, shred, and '80s hair metal. The guitar was pretty much built for these genres! I love the neck, and the unfinished back of it makes it really great for moving around quickly. the AANJ proves better high fret access than my Gibson SG (due in part to the SG's strap location). The bridge pickup does produce a bit of noise, and single coil is noisy as all hell, but I barely use it. The pickups are really where this guitar fails, however. The neck pickup is very muddy, the single coil is lifeless, and the Bridge pickup is extremely thin and trebly. I'm switching them out for DiMarzios as soon as I can. This is really the only downfall I've found with the sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: From the factory, the action was extremely low with very little fret buzz. The pickups were at a good height, except for the single coil. I had to lower it because it was getting in the way of my picking hand, but as I said I rarely use it. The bridge was set up fine, everything was routed out well and the finish had no flaws. The hardware was in good condition, the pickup selector doesn't produce any noise, and the neck is attached properly. Ibanez did a great job ensuring this guitar was ready to rock straight from the factory! I Love the neck on it, and it's really a joy to play. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have used this guitar at every gig I've played since I got it, and it is holding up fine. I've hit the headstock against doors, dropped the case, and had it sliding around in the back of a truck (in it's case, of course) and it is fine except for one small dent. This was caused by a drumstick being thrown at it by my drummer. I don't assosiate myself with him very much, any more. I Would never gig without a backup however, due to the floating bridge system. I have 100% confidence in the elctronics of the guitar working properly, though. The finish does not look like it will wear easily at all, and it would be a shame if it did! it's a very beautiful guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar is perfect for the styles I play with it. I've been playing around 4 years, and am recording a Demo with my band, played gigs at outdoor festivals, and radio stations in Canada and the US are requesting our Demo as soon as we finish to play the songs. And this guitar is what I've used on all of them! I compared it to other superstrat styled guitars like the B.C. Rich Gunslinger, and Jackson guitars but I ultimatly chose the Ibanez because I loved the feel, and the Price! The one thing I don't like is the pickups, but that will soon be fixed. I own a Ceriatone 36 Watt head, Marshall Cabinet (MG, unfortunatly), B-52 AT-112 amplifiers, and a Gibson SG Special guitar. If this was stolen, I'd buy it again in a heartbeat. Great guitar, and I highly recomend it to any shredders on a budget! // 8

RG1570 Reviewed by: XChainsawGorgeX, on january 06, 2009

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: Being a lefty, it's freaking hard to find quality for good prices. I saw this same guitar at the local sam Ash and it was $899.00. looking on ebay I found this beast for 500.00! Freakin' win! Stats: Mine is a 2003 model with the 3-piece oil finished maple "super wizard" neck, best neck I've ever laid my hand onto. Period. super-thin and fast but not too much. I'm used to playing Les Paul style necks and the transition was so easy. Made in the FujiGen factory(where Ibanez's flagship models{the J-customs} are made) I was amazed with the quality. 24 fret neck and Ultra-access cutaway for beautiful transition and reach ease. Solid gloss black finish(might change that but it's awesome and matches my playing style of Darkness). Basswood Body, Maple neck and Rosewood fretboard. The previous owner had blocked the edge pro bridge professionally and set it up for what seems to be a 7-string set without the high e to acomodate for B tuning(which I personally would have done anyways) Tuning is really easy and solid with this bridge. 1 Vol, 1 Tone, 5-way blade. V7(N)-S1(M)-and previous owner dropped a JB in the Bridge. Gotoh locking tuners. Came in the Ibanez case and included the original V8(Bridge) pup. // 10

Sound: I play everything. Everything. On this guitar. I use a Marshall VS100 with it straight(no pedals). It oozes Harmonics and the JB is in my opinion one of the best low tune pups out and that will ever come out. The stock pups are bright as lightning and I love the humbucker splitting 5-way because I can get some crazy tones from Strat sounds with alittle gain to acoustic sounds with a good EQ mix straight from the amp. My main guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well action from the previous owner was pretty amazing if you ask me. pickups are in the perfect placement for pinches. the only thing I had to do was lower the middle pup for good picking room. Tremolo is routed out excellently. No noise from any of the electronics. Only complaint is the small chips from previous play and there is nothing big (biggest is maybe 2 cm long and 2 mm wide on the back edge near the bottom). No problems in playability at all. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This used to be a gig guitar quite a bit from the previous owner. I'm working on getting something set up for doing that but I'm not in a solid band yet. Hardwars is hardcore Broot4l tough. Strap buttons holds forever(great balance in the weight helps tremendously with that). I would use without a backup in most cases, depending on length of show. The finish lasts amazing. // 10

Overall Impression: Amazing guitar. If it was stolen, I would find them, disembowel them, and make them eat their own intestines. Solid construction and amazing quality. I love everything about this guitar. Only thing is that I might repaint it. I'd probably do a black/Blue/Green Swirl. I don't know why but I saw one and I loved it. // 10

RG1570 Reviewed by: whitemanwalking, on march 16, 2009

Features: * Left handed model * Made in 2005 in Japan by team J Craft * 25.5" scale, 24 Fret thin 5 piece maple neck * Solid basswood body * Mirage red finish (discontinued) * Wizard Pro locking Bridge * HSH V8 S1 V7 * x1 volume, x1 tone 5 way selector * cosmo black hardware * fitted flight case incl. // 8

Sound: The stock pickups are poor. I knew this long before I purchased the guitar having every intention of replacing them. I like to do quite a bit of research before buying things and found it was a widespread complaint I saw throughout various reveiws and forum discussions. It came to my suprise that the vast majority of reviewers on this site don't seem to feel the same way! However, lets carry on.. They do clean sounds beautifully but as soon as you add some kind of overdrive or distotion they lose a lot of clarity. They don't seem to have much treble, mid or bass. They just seem a bit like soggy bread, so I do recommend installing better ones for sure, but they're not horrific. Once you get new ones this guitar sounds just great! If you compare the specifications of this guitar to the top of the range models the only differences to be seem are pickups and cosmetic options. Presuming you like how this guitar looks already, the cost of the guitar plus replacment pickups is an absoloute bargain compared to some of the high end prestige models.But since the guitar came with stock pickups I will rate the sound accordingly. As far as sound goes the guitar's saving grace is the pickup combination. The different sounds achieved through each combination are all highly usable. I personally like the 2nd position which uses the bridge humbucker and the single coil. It produces a much more twangy sound that the bridge humbucker alone. Really suitable for some of the old hard rock or blues. If you did a bit of rewiring and added in some push/pull pots there you'd have even more sounds available to you. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought the guitar the setup wasn't great. The action was a little high, the guitar wasn't in tune, the bridge pickup was too high and the strings needed replacing really. As mentioned earlier the guitar was made in 2005 and I bought it new in 2007 so I had anticipated the strings to be a bit old and out of tune at least. To my suprise the intonation was pretty much spot! However, with the stuff mentioned, you can imagine though it was a little dissapointing to play when I first got it out the box. I soon went about getting a new set up strings and setting it up properly. You get a nifty bag full of tools in the case so all these adjustments were easily done - plus a manual if you do something horrible. The guitar played amazingly afterwards. No problems there at all. The finish was stunning. Perfect. I assume it had just been sat in the flight case for the 2 years before I bought it so there wasn't a mark on it. All the frets were finished inpeccably, no loose parts and I was pleasantly suprised to find the Ibanez logo is a mother of pearl inlay which I was unaware of when buying it. The colour is a matter of opinion. I got mirage red, which I couldn't find on any other site, and to my knowledge was the last new one avalable on the web. In photos it just looks black but in person it is a very dark red riddled with (what I think are) tiny copper fibres. In some light the colour can look a dull brown/green colour, it's pretty interesting. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar comes will a flight case fitted for the guitar. It is lined with some kind of red fur which feels very nice to touch and keeps the guitar nice and safe. Once inside it doesn't move and inch. The case also has a handy compartment for your strap - since you have to take the strap off to put it in the case - and there's also enough room to fit your tools and the whammy bar in. The guitar feels extremely well built and would definately withstand Live playing, as long as you don't abuse it too much. Nothing is about to fall off but of course, with any guitar, things happen. So do have a backup. Locking trems are a nightmare if you break a string but if never had any breakages to date from this guitar. The only time I've had any problem is with overly heavy whammy bar use. By heavy I mean at the time I was seeing how far I was willing to bend a note up with it before I chickened out. All the happened was the high e slipped a little. But realistically, with more sensible use of it this is never a problem. Oh and sometimes get a bit of a crackle when turning the volume pot. This might just be a case of cleaning the pot or it may be a rubbish pot altogether. It's not really an issue for me though either way if I'm honest. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar has the playability for pretty much everything. Pop, punk, jazz, rock, metal, thrash, funk, blues, grunge, ska, the list goes on. Perhaps not anything which require very low tunings beyond B Standard just beause of the scale length. The sound however is a different matter, the guitar has a great variety of sounds but, the pickups do let this guitar down a little bit. With a pair of decent pickups fitted this guitar could conquer most genres, it's extremely versatile. But as it stands new, you can still play them on it. They just wont sound so great. This was a highly considered buy and I am very happy with it. I love the guitar playablity and the quality of it's build, that a can honestly say is flawless.I looked at many other guitars before buying this including models by Jackson, ESP, Epiphone, RAN, Fender, Tokai and Carvin. The guitars playablity, overall build quality and price sold it to me really. It's a good guitar, with a good set of pickups it is a fantastic guitar. Extremely versatile and a pleasure to play. // 9

RG1570 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 20, 2009

Price paid: C$ 700

Purchased from: A local Friend

Features: My guitar is a 2008 from Japan (It's a Prestige). Rosewood fretboard, with 24 frets, and a Maple/Walnut Wizard Prestige neck. The finish is a mirage red, which I have to say, is sexy as hell. Pickup configuration and controls are pretty Standard. The key feature that makes this guitar a 10, without question is the Edge Pro bridge. This bridge blows my mind with it's ability to hold tune no matter how much you use the tremolo. Also, the tremolo bar itself has a neat feature of not being a screw in, but instead, it clicks into place, giving you a full range of motion, and you never have to worry about it being slightly loose, and causing any sound issues. // 10

Sound: The sound quality of the guitar itself is excellent, but unfortunately is not overly well complimented by the Ibanez pickups. The pickups are body mounted which is nice, and they are capable of covering an impressive range of sounds, but the quality of the sound from the pickups is moderate at best. My suggestion, replace the pickups with something a little nicer quality, and you have yourself one of the best sounding guitars out there. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar, as with anything assembled by team J. Craft, was amazing how well set up it was. Action was perfect, pickups were pretty good, needed some slight lowering, but that's got to do with personal preference as well. Routing was perfect, and not a single flaw on the entire guitar. The finish itself is something that I have only ever seen from Ibanez, and is just stunning. The Mirage red is a metal fleck finish, that depending on the angle, and the lighting that you are looking at the guitar will look different. From a distance, or in dimmer lighting, the guitar looks as if it is a glossy/sparkly black, but in brighter light, it is a very dark maroon, sometimes beige, sometimes green color. Very difficult to describe, and even more difficult to get a good picture of. One of a kind finish that can only truly be done justice in person. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is pretty new, so I can't be much help here, but from the track record of the guitar and it's hardware, as well as the fact that it is an Ibanez, I'm going with yes. It is without question a dependable guitar, and if your one to stay in the same tuning, tuning will become a foreign concept on this guitar, because the tuning is incredibly solid. The finish seems like it would last, but once again, it is a new guitar, so it's hard to judge, other than oil marks from my skin, the finish looks, and seems like it will continue to look amazing. // 10

Overall Impression: The guitar overall is amazing. I definitely suggest this guitar to anyone Who wants speed out of their guitar, as thanks to the Ultra thin neck, this guitar was built for speed. Personally, after replacing the pickups, I can't imagine myself ever choosing another guitar over this one. You will never find a guitar that feels quite like this one, and the quality of workmanship put into the guitar, combined with the sheer genius of the edge pro bridge makes this guitar an obvious choice for anyone who is looking for a quality guitar. The even more amazing thing about this guitar is the price, or lack of. Unlike it's competitors, *cough* Gibson *cough*, the RG is not a pricey guitar, as are any of the Ibanez line. So long as you stick to simple finishes, the guitar is amazing quality, and an amazing price. Only down side is unlike a top of the line Gibson, a top of the line Ibanez such as this one cannot be expected to appreciate in value. But if your thinking of buying a guitar as an investment, then your never going to play it anyways, and so Who cares about the quality of the actual guitar. Overall, the Ibanez RG 1570 is a practical, high quality guitar. // 10

RG1570 Reviewed by: Guitar2theface, on december 22, 2009

Features: The Ibanez 1570 is made in Japan and is a wonderful guitar. It has 24 jumbo frets, and it has an extremely thin neck. Its the thinnest guitar neck I've played so far (which some people might not like of course), but its also fairly wide, so people with short fingers might find it hard to play on the low E string. It has a rosewood fretboard, and the inlays are nothing special (Just the Standard dots). The body is made of basswood, and although basswood is known as a "cheap wood", this wood is cut from only high quality pieces of basswood. The body is in a Strat/Super Strat design, and has a magnificent finish. Its blue, but it shimmers and sparkles in the light, not so much that it looks idiotic though. (The color mine is is Mirage Blue). I will admit the finish is flimsy. If you hit it it will chip and expose the wood underneath. If you can't stand seeing your guitar chipped, don't get this guitar. I've chipped it twice in the past week on the arms of my chair (though I'm very clumsy). Its my fault anyway for playing it on a chair with arms. The bridge is the Edge Pro design. It holds a tuning well, and won't go sharp or flat if you rest your hand on it (at least to a reasonable extent). It can do dive bombs, flutters, all the Steve Vai tremolo tricks, etc. You can hold it up by just the arm (but I really wouldn't for fear of the arm coming out). If you're a fan of double stops however, think twice, because even though its pretty good with it, double stops sound off. Of course you can just block off the tremolo if you don't want it. It features passive pickups, which aren't that great. I'd get them switched out. The pickup configuration is H/S/H, which allows for a huge tonal range. It can go from heavy distortion with the humbuckers, to a classic single coil sound between the humbucker and the single coil. It has a 5 way Switch, and has a master volume and tone knob. The tuners are just Standard, but the guitar has a locking nut, that works pretty well. In fact, the tuners are pretty decent too. Even with the nut unlocked, I can do some tremolo bar abuse, and it won't go too far out of tune. The whole thing came with a very nice case (fits in the space for the guitar wonderfully) and a couple hex wrenches (and a whammy bar of course). // 9

Sound: My music style is varied, I play small amounts of metal, some 80s-90s rock, indie/alternative rock, etc. This plays most genres pretty well, despite being labeled as a metal guitar (I can play Jimi Hendrix songs and they sound great). The sound is very bright, a bit too bright to be honest. It doesn't have the chunky sound of mahogany, but with a bit of EQ and better pickups, it sounds alright. It has a lot of tonal variety, and with the combination of the whammy bar and the HSH pickup set up, it can make a plethora of different sounds. It doesn't have a lot of sustain however (the fact that it has a floating bridge, a thin body, and 5 coils of pickups under it kills the sustain). At the 12th fret, clean it rings out for about 7 seconds. My amp is a Peavey Vypyr 30, not the greatest amp ever built, but it sounds pretty decent through it. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set up was alright, but the bridge was tilted towards the neck, and the tuning stability was a bit lacking. After a set up at Guitar Center, it was fine, and holds a tuning great. The guitar has no flaws at all, except a somewhat poor factory set up. From my experience, Ibanez has a great quality control, and the Prestige models especially have great QC. The only other problem besides the setup, seems to be that the whammy bar cannot stay in one place very well. It'll always point towards the floor, which gets kind of annoying to have to pull it towards you before each use. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will stand live playing perfectly fine, its hardware seems very durable, and I've seen people do things with this bridge that I wouldn't even dream of doing with other bridges (Steve Vai has a part of his Live acts where he swings his guitar around only by the tremolo bar). The strap buttons seem very solid, but I'd still put strap locks on anyway (I would on any guitar though, nothing specifically wrong with this one). As I mentioned before, the finish, while stunning, is not very durable. It chips easily, however it doesn't seem like it'd just wear off. So besides chipping, you don't really have to worry about the finish rubbing off or anything. I will warn you though, basswood dents fairly easily. // 8

Overall Impression: I play a wide variety of music, and this fits most of them pretty well. I've been playing for 2 years now, and this is by far the best guitar I own (compared to my Ibanez Acoustic, my Epiphone Les Paul, and my now sold MIM Strat). If it was stolen, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. I love the tonal variety and the sound quality, but I dislike the extremely bright sound it has. I wish the tremolo bar would stay in one place longer and it had a darker tone, but there's nothing about it that's really bad. // 9

RG1570 Reviewed by: Rico010, on february 25, 2011

Purchased from: Ibanez Rules

Features: Ibanez RG1570 Prestige Mine is a custom one, it features DiMarzio pickups and master level adjustments included in Platinum service level by dealer. Mine is a 2009 RG1570 purchased in 2009. Made in Japan prestige quality guitar. Frets: It has 24 jumbo frets. Must be medium jumbo cause they are not too big but definitely bigger than normal classic size. Perfect for shredding, and tall enough to get the feel of scalloped neck but not too tall to feel weird. Very comfortable frets for the neck. Neck: It's a Wizard Prestige. Great maple neck of great shape. It's made of 5 pieces including two stripes for strength. Well, compared to my one piece JS Prestige necks I state it's stronger than them. Guess it's because of glue and wooden strength stripes. Anyway, there's nothing wrong for me with these more-than-one pieces. You just don't feel it when you play, you just know it. And these 2 stripes on the back of the neck just look very cool, at least for me personally :) Good high fret access with AANJ type bolt-on. Top: I've got the Candy Apple (CA) colored one. It's very glossy, I'd say glamorous. On my first stage performance with it a friend of mine called me Red Baron, the color is just very cool and you will be first person noticed on the stage ) Red is the color that takes notice first! It's very cool, a couple of friends also says it's matte-like but it's very shiny. Nothing like matte I think. Body: The body is basswood. Got some deep bass and high-end frequencies but mid range needs to be adjusted as well as overall EQ. If you use high levels of gain no matter what you use your amp will mostly overlay the basswood and create the character of the sound you can shape further with amp controls. For the clean sounds I use my mahogany bodied instruments (mostly in studio). But it can handle the whole live performance without any doubt. Body style is a superstrat and it's very comfortable also. Strap buttons are very solid too. Bridge: Edge Pro bridge. I find it one of the best bridges. But not the best. The quality is premium, but if you want to intonate it... here the adventure begins! With old Edge and other Floyd Rose copy bridges you had The Key to help you. Now it's very low profile and there's no room for The Key. So you have to intonate it manually, and i'd say it's a big hassle. I usually prefer a professional to maintain it just not to waste my precious playing time. Time is Money! But playing quality is great. It's very ergonomic and comfortable under the palm. For those who get used to classic EDGE the EdgePro is a little bit stiffer to shift. Overall very comfy in use. Double-locking nut and fine tuners are working great. Electronics: I've loaded mine with passive DiMarzios. Namely PAF Joe (neck), True Velvel midlle and Mo'Joe (bridge). It's has a volume and tone control and a five-way pickup switch. Tuners: The tuners are Gotoh, very solid, but the guitar has the double-locking trem system. So no-way to get any tuning issues. Ibanez Prestige case included. // 8

Sound: It's great for shredding, any solo works, riff's are ok until you want more classic punch and clean sounding rhythm patterns. But you can edit the EQ settings to get better sound for your needs. What about me personally I try to use this guitar only for overdriven Rock solos and lead patterns. With high gain patches this guitar just sings with a great resonance (at least for me). I love the solo sound I get from it. For the stuff like Rock, Metal, Blues it's a good guitar. For Jazz, Pop and other alike styles it's not the instrument you want to use. Again to be more accurate: I get great solo sounds for Rock, Metal and Electric Blues out of this guitar, I tried also to get some Jazz sounds but none of my tries were LIKEd by me and my musicians, the only way to get around was to use more EQ, it did the trick, but I don't like to use many of effects in chain - only what I need for the sound, so for stuff like that I'g get and alder or mahogany guitar with a little bit thicker neck for more "round" tone like Les Paul. But I can get Start-like tone out of with ease using the single coil middle pickup. Also I've got some great funky sounds out of it. But this guitar is meant for shredding! I'd give 8 out of ten because I use non-stock pickups and use this guitar only for some of styles I play even if it can be used for a whole live gig. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Action can be tuned very low as I did. No fret buzz if the fret are good leveled. The neck is thin and straight. Very comfy. No flaws with electronics of looks. Great quality. It would be better to have a matched headstock but Black looks great with Candy Apple body. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This instrument is a tank too. It's very reliable. Great piece of Japanese Ibanez craftmanship. Straps are solid, hardware is reliable. But better to have a second instrument, you can never now what would happen next second. I'd buy a second sopy or a fixed Bridge copy to be insure the string breakage. Keep in mind, it has a Floys type trem system. By default (without the special hardware) any string breakage will set the other string out of tune. So no way without a backup! The finish is durable, it will with stand the live shows. I like it. It works for me personally. // 9

Overall Impression: I've had some strats, les paul, JSs, Prestige RGs and another stuff. This one, the RG1570 has it's own place in my heart. There was a time when it was my main gig guitar, main practice guitar and for sure I used it at live performance. Overall it's a great alternative to the higher end and higher priced guitars I you make a pickup change (change the stock ones, the V7, V8, S1). It's great if you're a student and it's a cool guitar if you're a professional looking for new tones or want to get some Ibanez artist tones with a non-signature Ibanez guitar. I've got Satriani tones that people liked. Even some of them thought it was a JS serie guitar (some people don't feel difference in looks but has good ears). A good alternative to JEMs if loaded with proper pickups and some other. Overall this guitar suits for Rock and Metal very well. Pros: a great trem, fast and thin neck, 24 frets, good access to upper frets, solid tone machine for soling. Cons: low end stock pickups, floating trem - you get problems if a string breaks at live gig, sometimes need more EQ adjustments (for me it's because of the basswood body, but can get the right tone if adjusted properly with EQ) // 9

RG1570 Reviewed by: griffin888, on july 15, 2011

Purchased from: DrumCityGuitarLand

Features: Everyone else already put the specs in before. I will say this though, as much as Wizard necks are praised, TRY ONE FIRST. They are extremely thin and flat and not for everyone. I like it personally, but I can definitely see why some wouldn't. // 8

Sound: Suits my style well, I like metal but like to branch out and play other styles from time to time and this guitar allows me to do that. I'm running it through a Mesa Boogie DR combo. The pickups are loud and not that great tbh. I will be swapping them out for DiMarzios. The guitar is pretty versatile, but really suited towards metal/hard rock. I can dial in nice tones, but it's not gonna chime like a Strat if you know what I mean. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Don't know how it was setup at the factory, the place I bought it from set it up perfectly. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It will but being a floating trem, playing this with no backup is asking for trouble, because shit happens. Strap buttons are solid, but I opted for the DiMarzio clip lock strap, which I highly recommend. Not sure about the finish tbh, I have the matte black version, and having never had a guitar with this kind of finish, I don't know how it will hold up. // 9

Overall Impression: I play metal/hard rock and this is a great match. I love the neck and classic RG look. I played a Schecter C-1 before this, and once these pickups are changed, this thing will be a real beast. I had all my question answered, don't buy something this expensive without making sure it has everything you want/need. If it was stolen I'd buy another if I could fine one. (I'm left handed) I compared it to other Schecters, because they're a more left handed friendly company, but I wanted something different, and I love my Ibanez. I do at times wish it had a hardtail, because I play in a lot of tunings, but the Edge Pro rocks. I chose it because it had what I wanted in a guitar, and being left handed I didn't have much to choose from. All being said I think I made the right choice in my purchase. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014