RG20051 Review

8.8
 7.5
review (1) 3 comments vote for this gear:
RG20051 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 23, 2007

Features: The 20051 is a very limited edition multi color guitar swirled in Japan by the same artist that swirled the Japanese UV77MC's. - Prestige 5 piece Wizard maple/walnut neck - 18mm 1st fret - 20mm 12th fret - 430mm Radius rosewood fretboard - 43mm nut width - Jumbo frets - Basswood body - Edge Pro trem (double locking tuners) - Direct mount p/u's - V 7 neck p/u - S 1 mid p/u - V 8 bridge p/u - Cosmo hardware - Gotoh Tuners Came with J-Craft hard case, tools and I got them to throw in a stand // 10

Sound: I play mostly lead guitar in metal eg Avenged Sevenfold, Megadeth etc for the solos and main parts and it's perfect for it. It has the super quick, super thin neck that are necessary for highly demanding solos and if needs be you can slide your hand down to the low frets and pound away at fat metal riffs. I also play a bit of blues and rock n roll, it hasn't got that thick les-paul kinda feel you want for that sort of music but it definately makes it work and brings it's own feel instead. I use the same effects and amp that Tom Morrello uses from when I was into RAGE. To sum up: the solos are awesome, the heavy riffs are breathtaking and the inbetween blues stuff is spot on. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought it the manager had just set it up very nicely so I can't really say, but I don't think you will ever find a factory setup on any of these guitars on account that they are so limited. The finish is incredible, mine is slightly different from the on in the pictures though as mine is black and has a white swirl as opposed to the picture which is white w/ black swirls. ps mine looks better. There was nothing wrong with it when I got it. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It has withstood 3 gigs and it hasn't played up on me. However always take a backup especially when it's a double locking guitar as they take forever to restring and tune. The hardware seems strong and the strap buttons are very wide I'm confident it would not fall off the strap. // 10

Overall Impression: I I lost this guitar I would definately look for another one but they are very limited and rare so. Failing me finding one I'd defiantely go for another Ibanez RG Prestige there is nothing better. My favourite thing about this guitar is the finish and the super thin neck. If you ever see one and you have the money I highly recommend getting this guitar or an RG prestige, they are expensive though. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014