RG2570E Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 12/24/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG2570E
It features a 5 piece Wizard Prestige neck, basswood body, Edge-Pro bridge, DiMarzio IBZ pickups, rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and Brown Mirror Sharktooth inlays.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.7
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.3
 9.3
 8.7
reviews (3) 13 comments vote for this gear:
RG2570E Reviewed by: thunderbytez, on september 12, 2005

Purchased from: SamAsh

Features: This guitar features a 5 piece Wizard Prestige neck, basswood body, Edge-Pro bridge, DiMarzio IBZ pickups, rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets and brown mirror sharktooth inlays and includes a free hardshell case. // 10

Sound: I mostly play rock and this guitar suits the music perfectly (especially shred/metal). I'm using this baby with a Dunlop Crybaby wah, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone and a Line 6 Spider II amp. The pickups arent noisy at all. They're DiMarzio pickups, the single coil pickup lowers its output and I think that's a good thing. The tone is very warm and clean without any hissing. I love to play The Beat It solo from EVH (Michael Jackson) on this guitar, it sounds pretty good with the Edge-Pro bridge (it's like a floyd rose, but offers easy string changing). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up perfectly without any flaws. The action was good, and if it wasn't set-up properly you could have easily lowered/higherd it yourself. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definitly withstand live playing! The hardware looks like it will last forever, but about the finish I don't really know. It's silver, so I think that it might wear off after 10 years. If you take good care of this beauty you shouldn't have any problems. I gigged 3 times with this guitar. The strap buttons are really tight. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is a good match for rock and metal. I love to solo and this guitar has been made for that. I have been playing for 2 years now and this is my second guitar. I don't know what I would if this guitar was stolen, 'cause this is a pretty expensive RG Prestige model. The only thing what I dont like is that you can't easily drop-D/C tune it. I compared this to a Jackson and a Ibanez SA and this guitar definetly won! I just felt connected to this one. I only wish you could easily drop-D/C it somehow without needing to unlock the nut and stuff. // 10

RG2570E Reviewed by: ^Aquila^, on november 11, 2006

Features: Made in Japan like all prestige models. Feature wise you get a lot of bang for your buck, 24 jumbo rosewood frets, basswood body, textured "vital silver" finish, Edge Pro floating trem, H/S/H Dimarzio/IBZ pick ups and comes with a cool Ibanez Prestige case with tools for adjusting the trem etc. // 10

Sound: I'm currently using a Laney LC30 tube combo, Metal Muff distortion and Ibanez Weaping Demon Wah. My tastes range from the usual classic rock like Thin Lizzy, Pink Floyd, Led Zep and The Who as well as a ton of virtuoso stuff, Vai, Satch, Buckethead, Andy Timmons and Yngwie and a bit of metal and more modern hard rock Guns N' Roses (new & old), Metallica, Velvet Revolver etc etc. I needed a good, versatile lead tone and this RG more than provides. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: No complaints really, it was set up great from the factory which is always a bonus with a floating trem since they're such a pain in the ass to set up. I did lower the action slightly to suit my playing style but apart from that I couldn't have asked for more, excellent set up and no flaws. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar is pretty robust and I expect to be playing on it for some years to come, although I have had one small problem. The trem arm is getting a little squeaky and loose in the socket but that's nothing that can't be adjusted (by pulling the trem out of the guitar and tightening the trem holder ugh major headache). // 7

Overall Impression: I've been eying up this axe for ages and it's pretty much my perfect guitar. It has awesome playability and is great for soloing. It's not everybody's cup of tea but if you want a great, modern guitar to shred your ass off on nothing comes close to a high end Ibanez. // 9

RG2570E Reviewed by: Sakrimo, on december 24, 2007

Purchased from: Music Mate?

Features: Made in 2005, Japan by Ibanez. 24 Frets with the best fingerboard you will ever see, Sharktooth Inlays are just amazing. Basswood body as I understand but I could never complain about the guitar's tone (maybe the body and the pups though). Flloyd Rose bridge took me a long time to get my head around, but now that I understand it I can easily set a guitar into Drop C tuning from anywhere using the backplate as a frontside block and visual leveler. As mentioned earlier, pickups are standard Ibanez/DiMarzio, could be a lot better and considering upgrading to ToneZone or EMG's when I have more money. Oh, it came with a case as well. Which for the record, is indestructable. Just don't leave the trem bar on when you pack it away, your guitar won't be in tune when you get it out. // 10

Sound: It's not what you'd expect guitarrist to be playing in a Screamo band, with most going for the SG style but Who cares what everyone else is using? This guitar has the Wizard neck which makes it super fast for cutting around and getting those amazing riffs that you hear by bands such as Funeral For A Friend (at least one of the great band's that use/used Ibanez). I plug it into a Spider II 150W which at the moment is giving me a low-definition sound but I think that's a problem with the amp rather than the guitar (it worked OK with the 112 but even then not in your face) so the pickups might be an issue! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar arrived to me in perfect condition, I picked it up out of the box and I could just tell by it's feel it was going to be perfect for me. The action is amazing, this guitar turns a beginner into a pro. The pickups needed a little change at first as well. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar does fine live, and continues to do well and although the fitted screw's in the back of the flloyd rose were terrible you can pick up a new box of screws for a quid from any shop that sells random crap. Strap buttons I replaced with Straplocks (Boston) which have lost their threads on the bottom at least, so I'm looking into getting a safe fix for that but it's done gigs with it unthreaded and held in fine as long as there's not real guitar stunts. // 9

Overall Impression: I've written most of the things I need to say about this guitar, but if I was stolen, and insurance gave me the money back for it I think I'd go out and try an SG mainly because I've never owned one, but I do love this guitar. If you've never had a flloyd rose before you'll hate this guitar a lot for a while, but once you get to grip to it (have a look on youtube for help) and you'll get it in the end! // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ AEL207E 7.8 Acoustic Guitars 04/14/2014