RG3120F Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 06/14/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG3120F
Its Wizard Prestige neck features extra steps of finishing to give the comfortable feel of necks broken and rounded by years of dedicated playing.
 8.5
 9.5
 7.4
review (1) user comments vote for this gear:
RG3120F Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 14, 2005

Features: - Wizard Prestige neck. - 5pc. maple/walnut neck material. - Mahogany/AAA flamed maple top body - Dark amber finish. - 24 jumbo frets. - Rosewood finger Board. - Edge Pro bridge. - DiMarzio IBZ (H) neck pickup. - DiMarzio IBZ (H) bridge pickup. - Pearl dot inlay. - Hardshell case included. // 10

Sound: Use a Marshall VS100, sounds great, such a warm the sound would suit all types of music but more set for fast playing rock etc. It's got two knobs, one for volume and other for tone. Dislikes - this guitar is made for fast playing so the frets buzz on the 6th 5th and sometimes on the 4th string but the action can be adjusted but still you'll get buzz. Fret buzz really depends on how hard you hit the strings. The volume knob is really close to the strings so by accident I sometimes hit the colume knob but then you would get use to it. Likes - damn sexy finish, looks like a tiger! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Factory people must be n00bs or something, the tremolo was not adjusted right and the strings were not streched so I had to, then I snapped the 1st string and had no spares! The tremolo to me is abit too sensitive so I'll add more strings later, damn tremolo guitars are annoying. Guitar came smelling new and looking new. Zero flaws to me. Comes with a free case. Really nice case fits guitar perfect but you end up paying for the case so it's not really free. I don't know too much about pickup adjustments so I wont say anything. The action came pretty low but you can always change it. The prestige necks are very comfortable, might need getting use to if played with other guitars, total different feel for me. // 8

Overall Impression: I've played with a Samick guitar, so big jump in guitars, if stolen I would find that person and give them a beaten, then if I still couldn't get it back I would buy another one. Fits my style of playing well. Guitars I compared it to were the Ibanez RG2630, the reason I got this one was because the store wouldn't get that guitar only (RG2620) for awhile so I juss payed a few bucks more and got the RG3120F, totally worth the few extra dollars. One thing I would wish for is no damn fret buzzing! But then it's inevitable and a fixed bridge, tremolo is just too annoying, last thing is that this guitar is damn sexy! // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014