RG320 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 08/10/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG320
24 frets, Solid body, H/H pickups, Passive electronics, Maple neck, basswood body, rosewood fretboard.
 Reliability & Durability: 7.6
 7.8
reviews (11) 8 comments vote for this gear:
RG320 Reviewed by: UG Team, on august 07, 2003

Purchased from: Highway Music, Shepparton, VIC, Australia

Features: * Made in Korea * 24 frets * Solid-body * Controls: Volume, Tone, 5-way selector Switch, whammy (floating trem) * H/H pickups * Passive electronics * Maple neck, basswood body, rosewood fretboard * General-purpose dark grey finish * "Super-strat" double-cutaway * Floyd-Rose patent bridge by Ibanez * Locking tuners * Wizard II neck, thin carve, dot inlays *Accessories: Set of keys for bridge, locking tuners and truss-rod adjustment // 8

Sound: The instrument is extremely versatile, able to produce that Hetfield crunch or the sparkling clean Strat tone a la` John Frusciante, despite the humbuckers. Punkers, Metalheads, funk-lovers - everyone will find something in this guitar that strikes a chord with them. I play through Australian-made Ashton amp, which has a built-in reverb and distortion. Now that I have used the rig for a while, I'm getting used to it and the two are a great combination. With mids cut down and a lot of gain and presence, the sound is somewhat harsh on ears, and high-volume clean tones on high e-string after 12th fret can get a bit out of hand, but not too bad overall. The instrument sounds bright and alive, especially with reverb on (which I keep on most of the times anyway). The sound is reasonably rich and fat, thanks to humbuckers, can sound a little dark and moody at times, depends mostly on the settings and the player though. Tone control is more or less self-explanatory, turned to zero produces "natural" pickup tone full of mids, turned to 10 gives a very bright sound. The instrument is an assault weapon, and can produce an enormous amount of sounds, from the saturated, gain-drenched metal crunch to full-on funk assault of Chili Peppers to Punk, pop, - you name it. Coupled with Ashton, it's perfect for slaying your enemies. Moody blues and Rage's aggressive riffs make good neighbours. An interesting pickup wiring combination on positions 2 and 4 make for some unusual sounds as well. In all, this guitar is very good, and has a number of features that make it a must for any guitarist. The price is quite accessible, the colour is more evil than any Frankenstein you might have in your basement, and the variety of sounds will make you stay at your rehearsal space for weeks- you forget about everything, it's just so fascinating. The Floyd Rose bridge I found a big pain in the arse, especially when it comes to tuning and changing strings, but it's a nice addition provided you use it often, otherwise it cna be a nuisance. what wouldn't hurt also is the addition of an extra volume/control so you could control both pickups separately, otherwise a very nice instrument. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Set-up was quite nice, but this may be a little biased as I didn't play for very long when I got the guitar. But no outstanding flaws as such, and the finish very nice. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This battle ax will definitely withstand live playing, although I would keep a backup handy in case of string breaks - thanks to Floyd Rose... But it's a workhorse of a guitar, and is definitely a lasting instrument that's dependable. Tuning and strings is a major issue although it's claimed that Floyd Roses stay in tune (they do when you use them a lot). The whole instrument is quite tough and excellent for live playing save for the small flaws I mentioned. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about a year and 9 months, and I own three guitars - this, Ibanez GAX70 and a knockoff Les Paul, as well as my Ashton 40W amp and another 10-Watt practice amp. If it was stolen I'd either get the same one, or Ibanez S/SA model. I absolutely love the tones on it, and neck is also very good once you get used to it and play it for a while. My fave feature would have to be the pickup selector - 5 position for 2 humbuckers. Really hate the Floyd Rose for it's crappy tuning problems, but you learn to live with these things. Wish it had some more features - a single coil, maybe, or the abovementioned additional pickup controls. A different trem, lol... That's about it. // 10

RG320 Reviewed by: arbibie, on february 24, 2004

Features: I got this baby at a stocktake sale for almost half the price! (rrp. AUD$999), This baby is made in Korea, not sure what yr I think its a 320QS like 2001 model. Its got 24 jumbo frets, 2 Ibanez humbuckers (the bridge one is amazing for metal), 5 way pickup Switch, volume and tone knobs, Rosewood fretboard, I think mahogany body, transparent red finish (beauty!), double cutaway body like a standard Ibanez RG (pics. www.Ibanez.com) Floyd Rose licensed floating tremolo bridge (difficult to get used to). I payed an extra AU$50 for bag and strap. I use Dean Markley Fret Blaster 9's. This guitar has all the featurews needed for either metal through to blues - the pick up Switch allows it to create any desired tone - an amazing mid priced guitar if you wanna invest but cant afford a $5000 Gibson. // 10

Sound: This guitar can make almost any sound - the tone is easily switched from blues to rock to rockabilly to heavy metal with the help of the pick up Switch. The bridge pick up is amazing for metal lead tones, crisp, clean and heavy - the neck pick up is perfect for blues (SRV, BB.King). I usually use a Marshal Valvestate 65watt and a Zoom 505II and it provides all the tones needed, however switching pick uips from clean to heavy can be uncomfortable at time during performance. The neck pickups tend to be noisy on high gain settings so I recommend bridge for distorted tones. As I said, the Bridge pickup = bright and crisp, neck pickup = rich and full. Pro - ability to vary tone Con - switching during performance may be a pain // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up well at the factory however needed a service to lower the action and tighten the string tension and it was perfect. The pickups were never adjusted and sound fine. The finish is beautifull red with what looks like transparent tiger stripe. The action is easily adjusted with an allen key (a nessecity with floyd rose tremolos). // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has never failed me during performance (except for 2 strings braking during performance) hence ensure regular servicing and restringing. The hardware should last and I am confident it will not fall apart, regular cleaning and wiping up ensures clean pick ups. I sweat constantly on the body but the finish has not been affected. Everything is solid and can be easily adjusted. I cant afford a backup guitar so I rely on this one and it hasnt let me down so far, however as with all floyd rose tremolos it is handy to have a backup. I also had the wiring soldered at a service as this came undone due to some poor wiring and asoldering and had the tremolo blocked with wood. This is perfect for someone whos not experienced at these things and doesnt wanna constantly have to adjust the settings. This makes it still saty in tune All The Time but doesn't need adjusting when you use alternate tunings. // 8

Overall Impression: I play anything and everything and so on my budget this guitar is perfect for me, especially to reach Metallica and GnR's tones. I have been self taught for almost three years and love playing this. I wish I knew more about floyd roses before purchasing this so u should take care, If this guitar was stolen - first Id find the fucker who stole it, beat him to a bloody pulp, break a bass guitar over their head and take my guitar back (but would also purchase it back if needed). I love everything aboput it except the floyd rose bridge and having to Switch pick ups. I compared it to a lot of guitars and on a mid range budget this is perfect - I chose this over an ESP Fseries which is also great. If I could spend more I would probably go for a PRS but until then I will love this guitar and it will forever be my baby. // 8

RG320 Reviewed by: rockr_01, on january 14, 2004

Features: The RG 320DX (same as RG 320 except with sharktooth inlays) was made in Korea. I do not know what year it was made in. It has 24 frets and it plays really fast. It is a solid top guitar. It includes a 5-way selector Switch,(which is very handy to get just the right sound!), a volume and a tone knob. It has 2 Ibanez humbuckers, it gives a vey good sound. It is has a basswood body and a maple neck. It is has a gloss balck finish. The Floyd Rose Tremolo is very good except for the fact that i cannot tune down very low, because i play mostly hard rock. It has Jumbo Frets. It is one of the best guitars ive ever owned or played, the speed of the neck is unbelievable. It comes with the wrench to unlock the nut. I give this guitar a 4. // 8

Sound: Since i play mostly rock, the H/H configuration is very good. Although i sometimes get frustrated by the Floyd Rose Tremolo bacause it is very sensitive, it comes in handy when i have to tremolo or bend the pitch. I use a Crate GX-30M amp and a Boss MT-2 distortion pedal. It has a very full sound when put to the low humbucker, when set to the high humbucker, the sound is very bright and clean. There is no limit on how many different sounds you can make with this guitar. It is the best. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up nicely except that one of the humbuckers was a bit loose, but I fixed quickly. Everything was just the way it was supposed to be. Although I noticed that a month after I got it, some of the fine tuners and the screws at the nut were starting to oxidize. But everything else was just perfect. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is most definitely suited for live playing. It is an amazing instrument. Most of the hardware will last a lot except for some minor rusting. The finish does not wear. The strap buttons are solid. This is a very good guitar, but i would not play without a backup. // 6

Overall Impression: This is a very good guitar for the style of music that I play. I have been playing for about three years and ive owned a Squier Strat, a Fender Tele, and this guitar. If this guitar was stolen or lost, I would probably buy a different one, just so I can play a different guitar. But thats just me. I love and hate the Floyd Rose Trem because of its versatility in some areas and its lack of versatility in other areas. I bought this guitar for many reasons, one it was one of the best guitars (and best looking!), two, it was on sale for the holidays, 3 I had never seen an RG 320 with sharktooth fret markers, and four, I loved it the first time I played it. // 10

RG320 Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 21, 2004

Features: - Korean made - 24 frets 25.5" scale wizard II neck - Rosewood fretboard - Basswood body - Flamed maple blue top - Edge pro 2 bridge (same as floyd rose only better) - 1 volume & tone knob - 5-way pick up selector - Dual Ibanez infinity humbucker in H-H position // 8

Sound: This guitar is great for all of you metal heads. It goes perfectly with Metallica, Megadeth and the many countless heavy metal bands in the world. Good for fast metal licks to since the bridge pick up is so clear, crisp and loud. When playing clean, this guitar is great for more sentimental song, the pick up is really clear. I use a 10 watt Marshall Practice amp with this guitar and it sound very very good. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was not properly set at the factory. The shopkeeper still need to tune and adjust the intonation. The pick up is great for a medium price guitar. The top finish is very beautiful, but certain area of the guitar is very messy expecially when you open the back cover. The neck is thin and the oil finish on the neck is just right. Making the neck easy and fast to play. It's really fast! // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will endure any live playing. The guitar will run out of tune once in a while, especially after whamming the whammy bar like a maniac. But if you got the setting properly it should stay in tune for a long time lie mines. The hardware is a die-cast it should last for a long time. The strap button are solid, no sign of it comming out yet. // 8

Overall Impression: I love this guitar. I played mostly heavy metal and rock music. This guitar can make any amature guitarist look like Hetfield or Kirk Hammet (if you practice a lot.) Before this I own 1 ESP and 1 Jackson, but thes guitar really blows my other guitar away. This guitar is boom. It has great looks, good sound for a mid range guitar, really fast and thin neck. I love this guitar. // 10

RG320 Reviewed by: blink182man2nd, on september 22, 2004

Purchased from: Georges Music, Orlando, FLA

Features: Made in Korea, it has jumb 24 frets, rosewood fingerboard and a maple neck (really fast!) Not completely sure on the body I think it is basswood. The finish is great on mine, a 320 qs, which has a red quilt top, very attractive. Floyd rose trem which stays in tune very well and poses no problems until it comes 2 restringing the thing. H/H pickup configuration, 5 way selector and a wizzard II neck. // 8

Sound: Great for Metallica tones, the bridge pickup is great for crunch tones like 'Creeping Death' and the neck is great for Kirk Hammetts tones in the into solos to 'Fade To Black' and 'Welcome Home (Sanatarium)' The middle position pickup is great for Dire Straits type tones and Pink Floyd. The pickups clean up very well but you can help think with a guitar like this its not screaming to be kicked into overdrive. The pickups are good but I have recently upgraded to EMGs 81 and 85 pickups whick are the best I have ever heard. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on the guitar was unusually high esspecially at the high end of the neck but can be fixed easily with the allen keys provided. Other than that everything was AOK. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Withstands live playing extremely well and stays in tune perfectly. Strat buttons are solid but I would recommend a strap saver to be on the safe side. You could depend on it live but you would need to put a new set of stings to ensure the old ones don't break during your set, if you cant be bothered bring a backup. It is very solid and could take a fair amount of abuse. // 10

Overall Impression: Definetly a metaller's guitar first and formost but cleans up well enough for blues and even jazz. I have been playing for 4 years and own a Squier Strat and a Marshall 10 watt practice amp and gettin a Line 6 spider soon which will make it sound even better. I would buy it again if it was stolen or whatever. I love it and use it amost all the time, more than anything else, my favorite feature about it is flyod trem (all those pinch harmonics and divebombs.) Great guitar esspecially for the price, reduced from $700. // 10

RG320 Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 27, 2004

Features: Korean Made, 24 fretted, rosewood fingerboard, maple neck (super thin Wizard II), Basswood body with brown quilted maple top (discontinued), Japan made Edge Pro II bridge (Floyd Rose Licenced, but with better features) which is a pain in the ass to string, locking nut, passive standard H/H Ibanez powersound pickups, a 5-way pickup selector, one tone nob and one volume. // 10

Sound: I play mainly all kinds of rock, metal, punk, and some jazz. This guitar can do it all. I mainly use the single coil (part of the bridge humbucker) closest to the bridge (position 5) for my dirty sound, the full bridge humbucker (position 4) for a really nice and bright clean sound for stuff that should be an acoustic (sounds like a piezo) and for music where I use my chourus pedal, and other the other 3 settings for a jazzy and bluesy sound. The existing pickups are excellant, but I might purchase an EMG set of the 81 (bridge) and 85 (neck) because they are active, but it is definately not a necessary change. May I also add that the guitar stays in tune very well, even with moderate tremolo use. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is perfect closer/farther from the neck depending on tremolo tuning adjustments. The average height above the fingerboard is about 2 mm. and it doesn't produce any fret buzz as you scale all 24 frets. The bridge pickup height wasn't quite high enough for me, seeing as I like my bridge pu right underneath the strings, but the factory setting would be great for anyone else. The guitar that I bought was greatly discounted from its original price to 300 dollars due to some tarnished hardware. The bridge and pickup rings had some spots that were pretty badly oxidized, but only noticable if you took a really close look. I'm sure these flaws would not exist on a factory guitar. Otherwise, all of the hardware and features were installed to perfection. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Given as I got this guitar for christmas, a whopping 3 days ago, I havent gotten a chance to test this guitars durability/reliability, but it is common knowledge that all Floyd Rose Tremolo equipped guitars are infamous for their tendancy to have strings break at the worst times. This rating is an 'as of now' rating, but I'm guessing as time goes on, I will get a better idea of the actual reliability and durability. // 8

Overall Impression: Great medium price guitar. Excellant sound and construction. Is better suited for hard rock/metal, but a great all arouind instrument. This guitar has great features and is sure to satisfy all. Lastly, I am not working for Ibanez, as I suspected many others had before, because I could not believe that so many people thought that this guitar was so excellant. I am a 14 year old guitar enthusiast, just hoping to share the wealth about my new found pride and joy. I reccomend this guitar to all. Great second guitar, but is sure to please no matter what level player you are. // 10

RG320 Reviewed by: tj_159, on june 14, 2006

Features: I believe it was made in 2006 in Indonesia. It has a 24 jumbo fret Ibanez Wizard II neck and a solid top. It has a basswood body with an amber, flamed maple top. It has a Strat style body with an Ibanez Edge III, Floyd Rose licensed tremolo system. It has dual humbuckers controlled by a five-way selector Switch. It has an Ibanez INF3 (H) Neck pickup and an Ibanez INF4 (H) bridge pickup. It also comes with an Ibanez locking nut. // 10

Sound: This guitar sounds awesome! It suits all music styles (I use it for metal, rock, and blues). I'm using a Line 6 Flextone III amplifier with it and it never gives any feedback unless I have the distortion cranked, which I do a lot of the time. This guitar has great sounding pinch, artificial, and natural harmonics. It easily lets me do those screaming metal leads, bright, clean, ringing chords, and everything inbetween. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on this guitar is amazing from the factory (it could've been the store that made it like this, I'm not sure). I love it though, I can easily do trills with my pinky. The pickups were adjusted to perfection, not too close, not too far. The top was bookmatched nicely, the "V" in the figure is easily noticable. The bridge properly routed. The only flaws on the guitar were a small crack in one of the horns and a piece of sawdust stuck under the clearcoat which don't really bother me. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will easily withstand live playing... until it goes out of tune or you snap a string, then it would probably be in your best interest to Switch guitars because, with the floating bridge, it easily takes over half an hour for a string change. The hardware will definitely last a long time though and the strap buttons are very solid. The finish seems very solid. I definitely wouldn't use this for a gig without backup though. // 7

Overall Impression: I mainly play rock and metal and this guitar is a perfect match both looks and sound-wise. I have been playing for a year and a half (although I match up with a lot of five-year players because I play at least 3 hours a day.) I also own a Fender Starcaster (not a typo) and a no-name electric/acoustic. If it were stolen, I'd probably just get something else. I like the bridge and it's my favourite feature, but at the same time, that's the thing I like least about it because it kills the stability of the tuning. I often compare it to the Jackson Dinky which bends a lot higher but this definitely looks nicer. I just wish it had more stable tuning. // 9

RG320 Reviewed by: JD Red LP, on december 13, 2007

Purchased from: craigslist

Features: I bought this 1999 made in Korea model for the reasonable price of $200 with a case and an uninstalled SD Invader with the intention to tear it apart and do something interesting with it. It has a 24 fret rosewood/maple neck with the Wizard 2 profile and nice Jumbo frets. Solid Basswood body with a ridiculously think finish. Mine was a boring metallic silver color. it's the usual Ibanez superstrat style with a TRS II licensed Floyd Rose tremolo, 5-way switch, 2 passive humbuckers, and (Gotoh) tuners. // 7

Sound: I found the guitar to be somewhat versatile. It was more suited to metal than blues of course, but the cleans were bearable. I'm not a fan of the stock pickups or the shit trem, but both are easily replaced if you have the money. The thin neck makes fast playing a breeze and I personally like the sound of most basswood guitars. I was running it through a Crate XT120 and a Boss ME50, but I haven't been able to play it through my Mesa yet. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The previous owner had set up the guitar perfectly so it played great, I don't know what the factory setup was. The trem did fail on me after about a week of usage, but it was heavily used by the previous owner. If you do buy one of these I highly recommend replacing the trem with something of a bit higher quality. // 7

Reliability & Durability: The guitar could stand up Live playing if you either blocked the trem, or decided to be nice to it. There was rust on most of the screw and on parts of the trem, I don't know if that was from heavy usage or if the previous owner never cleaned it. I wouldn't use this guitar at a gig without backup (actually it makes a decent backup guitar if your nice one goes out). The finish is really really thick and durable so it should be good as long as you don't try throwing it at walls. // 5

Overall Impression: I wish I knew a bit more about Ibanez trems when I purchased this guitar. If it was stolen in the state it was in after I bought it I probably would just be very pissed about losing $200, then I would go out and buy another Ibanez project guitar with a better trem. I love the neck, and the weight of the body, the trem is horrid though. It's made for a nice project guitar to get into electronics and what not. // 6

RG320 Reviewed by: tiki16, on december 22, 2008

Price paid: C$ 350

Features: I bought it used. Made in Korea. 24 frets. Solid-body. Controls: Volume, Tone, 5-way selector switch, whammy (floating trem), H/H pickups, Passive electronics, Maple neck, basswood body, rosewood fretboard. General-purpose dark grey finish. "Super-Strat" double-cutaway, Floyd-Rose patent bridge by Ibanez, Locking tuners, Wizard II neck, thin carve, Dot inlays. // 9

Sound: This guitar really plays a wide range of genres from blues to metal. I go it because I wanted a heavier sound than my MIM Strat could provide. It has a nice growl on the bridge pup and the neck pup provides a softer sound for blues or even jazz. I am impressed with the bridge pick-up and use it for Zeppelin to Metallica music. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This is where I was impressed the most. The action is very low and there is no buzz. It has better action than my mim Strat but it is also a more expensive guitar. The neck is thin smooth and fast. Great for fast licks. Ibanez make nice necks, better than my Strat // 10

Reliability & Durability: It is quite solid. I haven't used the whammy bar so I don't know how that would effect the tuning. It does have locking tuners though which should keep it in tune. I haven't had any tuning issues. I would want to have a back-up no matter what guitar I had but I think this is solid enough to with stand Live playing. I think I got my money's worth for $350 considering they were selling new for more than double. If it were stolen I would probably try another guitar. Accept for my accoustic I haven't found an electric that I am completely in love with. // 9

Overall Impression: I have had many guitars and would put this above my beloved Fender mim Stratocaster. I simply love the action and the bridge humbucker. I am not sure about the finish but it seems fine. I think it would hold up on stage. I've been playing 10 years and this is definitely a nice guitar. // 10

RG320 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 02, 2009

Purchased from: Rippers

Features: Made in Korea, you should know all this based on all the other reviews lol not sure what year my guitar is, but I'm sure it's the same as the one in the picture above. 24 frets rosewood, body style s kinda like a Strat, Floyd Rose bridge, 5 way selector lockin g tuners. // 9

Sound: Best used for rock>metal>heavy metal, but can also be used for other styles with great satisfaction! This guitar is capable of giving a rich tone, lets just say that the tone for the guitar is pretty darn good compared to others in the same class. The guitar can make for the dullest to the most vibrant sounds, for extreme dive bombing, finger nubbing, etc. The variety of the guitar is great, the only downside would be trying to tune your guitar to a different setting, an example===>drop D, C or anything due to the Floyd Rose bridge but if you got the money take it to a guitar store and they could do a set-up for you. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Hard to say how well the set-up was since I bought it used... but I just took it the store and they did it for me; However, the action was quite low and nice but can be lowered by a professional if you dnt like the action of your guitar. The pickups are h/h very nice tone adjusted great, no flaws from my guitar that I know of. All the hardware is in great condition, and clean 5 way pick up selector. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar will last forever as long as you dnt throw it around or leave it in moist/humid conditions, Very durable but advise you to get a case just in case. The strap buttons are great, and I always have a backup guitar no matter how good of a guitar you have. The finish is very unique looking um I have the reddish one dnt know exactly the name of it, none of the finish has worn off through my playing. // 9

Overall Impression: I tend to play all styles, but many metal, like Buckethead stuff lol I been playing for a bit more than a year but have the experience of a person whos played for five years, yeah.. that's what happens when guitar playing is what you do everyday for hours, just ask the experts, if my guitar was stolen I be very mad uhhh I prob by a better guitar if I had the money lol planning on getting a signature Ibanez guitar, not sure what yet, I purchased this product not only because the great price, because in my opinion it's a great guitar to play fast on, and very dependable. // 9

RG320 Reviewed by: black metal ist, on august 10, 2009

Purchased from: Daddys Junky Music

Features: Ibanez wizard II neck, which is very fast and fluint. Includes a licensed Floyd Rose. Solid body with 2 stock Ibanez humbuckers. (not sure witch ones) Ebony fretboard, white binding around the neck, lightning bolt inlays and 24 frets. One volume knob and one tone. 5 way selector switch. Standard Ibanez headstock. Mine is dark maroone with black hardware. // 8

Sound: Suits my style well but the pickups aren't the best. I'm thinking about switching them out for some emgs or seymour duncans. I'm using is with a 20 watt Fender practice amp which is a really cheap amp. Soon I'll be getting a new amp (don't know what yet) The veriety of guitar sounds are average but I bought this guitar for its distortion. The clean sound is o.k, but the distortion is great. It is very crunchy and meaty even with the stock pickups. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up good at the factory although the Floyd Rose isnt great quality. I find it still getting out of tune some how, and shortly after I about a month after I bought it I had to bring it back to the store to get the action set up. Other than that I haven't had any problems with it. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will not stand Live playing. It works very well for jamming with but it would not hold up in a Live show. The strap buttons get lose after about a day or two of playing. I drop this guitar constantly and yet it hold up perfectly. Also, I've found my dog chewing on the knobs but they still work perfectly. // 6

Overall Impression: Overall, this guitar is great for jamming on. it's good for any rock style of music. It is a great guitar all around and I love the heavy sound you can get out of it, even with a horrible practice amp. If it were lost I'd probably buy something else though. I wish it had better pickups but the stock ones are fine. I wish it also had a better Floyd Rose. For the price this guitar is great. I recomend it to any young musician just starting out playing guitar. // 8

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RGIR28FE 9.1 Electric Guitars 10/22/2014