RG320DXQM Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 08/14/2007 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG320DXQM
It has 24 jumbo frets, basswood, a gorgeous quilted maple top, transparent gray, edge pro tremolo, very similar to a floyd rose, volume and tone, 5 way selector, locking tuners.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.3
 Action, Fit & Finish: 7.7
 Features: 9.3
reviews (3) 9 comments vote for this gear:
RG320DXQM Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 08, 2004

Features: It is a 2004 RG series, Made in Korea, it has 24 jumbo frets, very comfortable to play. Basswood, a gorgeous quilted maple top, transparent gray, edge pro tremolo, very similar to a floyd rose, volume and tone, 5 way selector, locking tuners, it came inside the original Ibanez box, with a set of wrenches and a nice black cord. No case included too bad. // 10

Sound: This guitar suits my music style. I play metal, and this is a great guitar to use with stamdar tuning and drop D. I can keep my Schecter even lower, it is a baritone. I am using a 1983 American Peavey, with a DOD Death Metal Distorsion, which isn't that good and I will replace for a Digitech Metal Master. I was surprised to find that the clean sound of this guitar is very rich and thick at the same time, and distorted sounds even better. Very versatile instrument. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was not very well set up, I had to go over the manual to tune it and set the tremolo and the locking tuners up, everything else was just fine, Koreans aren't so bad after all. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I'm sure this guitar will withstand live, the color on the hardware is very nice, it's like charcoal, it might wear off, but it will still look good, the strap buttons, very solid, the only back up needed is my baritone Schecter to play any song lower than C. // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly nu-metal and old school metal as well, including Sepultura, Slayer and Movimiento Zurdok. I have been playing since I was a highschool freshman, I'm a senior now, I own a classical Fender Acoustic, another Ibanez GRX, my Schecter, and this brand new Ibanez. I compared this guitar with a LTD, which was a lot cheaper, 199, I read other user reviews on both instruments and the Ibanez seemed much better. I wish it had a case! // 8

RG320DXQM Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 23, 2005

Features: This Ibanez is a 2000 model, made in Korea. It has 24 fret with jumbo frets, and a rosewood neck. Lavender quilt top finish is beautiful. Wood really shows through nice on the back. This model has a licensed floyd rose as compared to the newer ones having edge pro trems. // 8

Sound: This guitar suits my style, since I play alot of shred metal and stuff. It has a fast neck for smooth runds. Neck doesn't seem to resonate as much as a better one, but it is fair. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The set up was no good. Took 4 months to get this thing in shape. Trem was totally jacked up. Taking it to guitar center didn't help, the guy actually messed it up more! (Never get your guitar fixed at Austin Guitar Center). Anyways, after I was able to set the tremelo and action it plays well, and I can dive and all that without coming out of tune. The pickups are ok too, they are not noisy or anything, but I'm going to get some hotter ones. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I've played this thing live a few times, plays just fine. The cable jack gets loose sometimes, but thats nothin'. It's a very dependable axe if you have it set up right. Has issues if it's not. // 6

Overall Impression: I've been playing for about 6 years, and this has been a good axe to me. I recieved this as a gift, but if I could have gone back, I would have probably asked for an RG that was a step up from this one, but it is just fine for the price. If you can get it set up right, it will treat you good. // 8

RG320DXQM Reviewed by: tamer of horses, on august 14, 2007

Purchased from: Ebay

Features: This Ibanez was made in 1990 in Korea. It has 24 frets with sharkfin inlays on a rosewood fretboard. Laminated top, basswood body. Satin finish, in a nice bloody red color. Typical RG body shape, Super Strat style or like a Jackson dinky. It has a Edge Pro II bridge with double locking system. 2 Passive Ibanez Humbucking Pickups. 5-way selector switch, 1 volume, 1 tone. not sure of the kind of tuners. I got it off of ebay and it came with a tuner/metronome, gig bag, hell load of picks, strap, and a small 15 watt Fender amp. // 10

Sound: I play mostly hard rock/classic rock/metal. This guitar suits that well, almost flawlessly. Its bridge pickup handles high gain beautifully to pull of some awesome Metallica licks, and some amazing Dimebag like pinches, while it's neck can match Slashes tone well. Even on the clean setting this guitar could probably rival the single coil properties of a Strat. Even though this guitar was built for metal, you can get a really good clean tone. I'm using the guitar through a Crate MX65R. It sounds great. No noise at all. It has a nice full sound, not like some crappy, tinny, sound some guitars have. The guitar, being fitted with a Floyd Rose, has a lot of variety. Satch songs and Vai sounds will sound great, assuming you can actually do that stuff. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The slight downside to this guitar. When I got it (I bought it off of Ebay) the action was too low on the higher strings. This caused some of the higher notes to not actually make any sound because of the string hitting the higher frets slightly. This was quickly adjusted with some allen key work. The finish is beautiful, but since it was bought secondhand, and it's 17 years old, there is a slight chip in the paint right next to the bridge. This is hardly noticeable. Other than, there were no problems at all. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definitely withstand live playing. This guitar is built to last. This guitar could probably take a beating worse than I could, but if you know me, probably wouldn't be that hard. The strap buttons are solid and are fine, but I have one of those Planet Waves locking straps so it doesn't really matter that much. I would definately gig without a back up, but if a string broke you're plum out of luck, seeing as how changing strings is kinda slow. I'm not sure if you guys know the Herman Li "Break a String Noise," but this guitar can do that and stay in-tune without breaking. Finish is good, but seeing as it is chipped, it might not be as durable as I would like to think. // 9

Overall Impression: Like I said I play harder rock to metal, and this guitar was built for that. I've been playing for close to a year now, this being my second guitar. I also own an ESP LTD EC-50. That is alright, but this blows it out of the water. If this guitar was stolen I would hunt the person down Who stole and well I'd do something horrible to them, I'll leave it at that. I have no regrets about buying this guitar. I've played plenty of guitars before (I like sitting in Guitar Center or my local store and just playing what they have) and this guitar is easily as good as some that would cost up to 2 or 3 times more. The only thing I wish it had was one of those sweet Monkey grips that the JEM and Bad Horsie guitar have. But that would be greedy. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014