RG320PG-P1 Review

4.8
reviews (3) pictures (1) 11 comments vote for this gear:
RG320PG-P1 Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 28, 2010

Purchased from: Used

Features: I'm not really sure about the year it was made in. But its made in Indonasia. Features are: 24 Frets Wizard II thin maple neck by Ibanez. Basswood body, Maple neck. Paper graphics on the front. RG style body. Edge III tremolo by Ibanez INF4 and INF3 passive pickups 1 volume, 1 tone, a 5 way pickup selector. I purchased it from my friend with a set of allen keys, Flight case, strap with it // 9

Sound: I play mainly metal and hard rock. And this guitar suits that style of music really well. I'm using it with a Peavey Vypyr 75 watt. Not noisy at all even on high gain settings. This guitar can handle Blues, Rock, Pop, Jazz and Metal(for which it was made) very well.. Overall, this guitar is really versatile for most of generes. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought it used from my friend who worked in a local music shop as a guitar technician. So the action was perfect, with no buzz at any fret. He had adjusted the pickups correctly. He had used the guitar for just 8 months. So the condition was mint. and I got a Beta-aivin HM-200 heavy metal distortion pedal and a Flight case for free :-) All in all, this purchase was literally a steal. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have gigged with this Beast for 3 times and it never failed to perform live. The hardware is quite ok type. I'm willing to change the stock pickups to Seymour duncans. It doesn't mean that the stock pickups sound shit. I'm gonna change the straplocks too, because one day I was playing and the guitar fell down on the floor. Now it has a tiny dent on it. But that's not affecting the tone and playability of the guitar. Overall, this guitar is really durable and it will last really long. The paper top graphic is nice, but I can't say anything about how lond will it last. Would I use it live without a backup..?? NO ONE on this earth would ever like to perform with a Floyd rose-style guitar without a backup. So i always take a backup guitar with me. // 8

Overall Impression: I play Metal like Metallica, Megadeth, Slayer. Rock like Joe Satriani, Steve Vai. And this guitar handles those styles pretty well with the stock pickups. I've been playin since last 3 years and own another local made guitar called GIVSON(gibson copy anyone will tell) which is a strat. And I haven't touched that guitar after buying the Ibanez. If it were stolen, I would definately buy another Ibanez RG just because this model has been discontinued. Overall, This guitar is really a great guitar for the price. It can handle plenty of generes really well and is quite durable too. // 10

RG320PG-P1 Reviewed by: unregistered, on february 15, 2010

Purchased from: GAK (Guitar, amp and keyboard)

Features: Mine was made in indonesia in 2008. It has a basswood body, as is the Tradition for Ibanez, and a paper graphic top. Up clos the paper graphic looks like painted sawdust but also displays striking graffiti-like warning signs. The neck is Maple with a rosewood fretboard bearing sharktooth inlays. It has a traditional Rg shape with an edge III bridge and Infinity 3 & 4 pickups linked to a fiveway switch-blade with tone and volume pots. It comes with a lead, tremolo arm and set of allen keys. // 7

Sound: My style revolves mainly around metal and rock, with a fair amount of paul gilbert shred and some more traditional stuff. It actually handles these quite well with the INF's giving a good soloing sound on the bridge and a nice clean sound when the neck is parrallel connected. There is minimal noise from the pickups but they are fairly low output meaning a fair amount of Drive is needed to attain a screaming soloing sound. All in all however, I would say that this guitar suits my needs to a reasonably good degree. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was bought from GAK who had clearly taken time to set it up proffesionally meaning action and intonation were spot on. All hardware was in a great condition, not a speck of rust or paint flaking. The finish is incredibly strong and would take a real beating to damage, despite the soft basswood body. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The edge III gets a lot of bad press but I can't really fault it, it stays in tune for hours and hours of brutal tremolo madness and seems to be pretty tough as far as finish goes. The strap buttons are as solid as they come. I would never think of using this guitar without a backup, simply because noone in their right mind would ever use floyd bridge guitar without a backup. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is a good match for me. I play it through a Vox vt50 and the tone is brilliant. Having played guitar for four years now I know to always try out a guitar before ordering and ask about it and I liked everything I heard. If it were stolen I owuldn't get another simply because the price has gone up since Ibanez discontinued the range. I would probably get an RG350DX or something simmilar. Nonetheless this is a brilliant guitar with an awesome finish. // 9

RG320PG-P1 Reviewed by: sassafrassroots, on january 31, 2011

Purchased from: Made For Music USA

Features: Not sure when it was made, new-ish guitar, didn't really research it, just went ahead and bought it! 24 frets, most were really buzzy though, unfortunately. Very thin fretboard, but the bad quality wood affects this as it is rough and can hurt after long playing sessions, and the finish, to my horror, has started peeling off already, after all it's just paper. Crappy tuning locks break all the time, and I can't tune down much, or the springs in the back start to go inside the body. Floyd Rose set up, very hard to use, and regularly is a burden during band jams. Nothing included, obviously, it was only 35 bucks! // 1

Sound: It's for a metal style, because of the strange paper finish. I use a basic amp with little effects, and it has a bad quality of sound due on part to the very bad Hartke amp I use. It has a good enough sound range, rich and definitely full, although can sound a little tinny with no treble. // 2

Action, Fit & Finish: As I bought it so cheaply, the guitar wasn't in a great condition, the pick ups were well off, etc, but these problems could be remedied fairly easily. Everything was good once it had a little tlc, but nothing was too bad. // 3

Reliability & Durability: I doubt it will survive long due to the awful quality of the finish. I know of no other guitarists who use this model though, which gives it some rarity, albeit probably for a good reason. The finish has worn quickly and peeled to a certain extent, but this was almost expected. I would never use it at a gig without back up, if I ever get a gig with my band. The tuners are a little too loose to be honest, but they work fine. // 1

Overall Impression: Not a good guitar - very poor finish and some of the hardware was loose and needed adjusting to some extent. I chose it because it was cheap, no other reason. I wouldn't buy it again, unless it was the same price. // 2

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ EDR170 8.7 Electric Guitars 11/18/2014