RG321MHE Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 12/14/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG321MHE
The Ibanez RG321MHE, also known as the RG321E, is an RG series electric guitar model introduced in 2010. It is similar to the RG321MH, but has passive EMG-HZ pickups. Other features of the RG321E include a mahogany body and the Gibraltar Standard hard-tail bridge.
 8.4
 9.6
 7.2
review (1) pictures (2) 7 comments vote for this gear:
RG321MHE Reviewed by: guilherme87, on december 14, 2011

Purchased from: local music store

Features: The guitar I am reviewing is an Ibanez RG321MHE. Made in 2010 in Indonesia. It has 24 jumbo frets. It is a solid mahogany body with a 3 piece maple neck with aq rosewood fretboard. The finish is just plain white. It is the traditional comfortable Ibanez RG Strat style body shape. It has a fixed Gibralter bridge. It is equipped with passive EMGHZ humbuckers unlike the regular Ibanez RG321's that have the INF3 and INF4 humbuckers. It features a 3-way switch with one volume and one tone control. It features regular Ibanez non-locking tuners and came with no accessories. // 10

Sound: This guitar fits almost any music style. I use it with a Roland Cube 20X amp, The guitar is actually silent which is a great surprise. The sound is pretty balanced with good bright high end. I personally like the guitar in 1 step down tuning as it handles down tuning very nicely and has a good all that remains sound to it. I only rate 9 because I personally favor the INF pickups for the higher distortion better for heavy metal. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set-up ws flawless. There were no flaws what'soever. The intonation was flawless and after a quick tune-up it played great! The finish is a clean thick white color which contrasts well with the silver bridge and pickup bezels and the black EMGs. No noise, no oxidation or anything... As I'd hope considering this guitar is brand new. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had the guitar long enough to try it live but I have complete Faith in it. I would definitely use it without a backup once I put straplocks on it. The strap buttons are fine but just to be sure you know? The finish seems just as good as any other regular finished guitar, as long as its not dropped too far from the ground it will do fine. // 10

Overall Impression: I play a lot of metal and Steve Vai stuff and this guitar doe quite well, especially the neck pickups. Has a great smooth lead tone. I have been playing just over 2 years and have tried a few different brand like Dean, Epiphone, Fender, and Ibanez has remained my favorite throughout. If this guitar were stolen I'd replace it with the same kind. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014