RG350DX Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 07/12/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG350DX
The RG350DX the unchallenged standard in hard and heavy rock guitars gets a massive infusion of high tech hardware and upgrades.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.9
 Reliability & Durability: 8.9
 Features: 8.8
 8.9
 8.9
 8.8
reviews (36) pictures (1) 118 comments vote for this gear:
RG350DX Reviewed by: g-cash14, on august 08, 2005

Sound: Now, for the sound department it's a very nice sounding guitar with punchy fat distortion on the neck pickup which is great for the rhythm bit and great overall. As for the bridge pickup thouhg, it is much better suited for clean tones, it's crisp and clean, it's also good for solos on distortion. But the are only ok, I would recomend changing them if you play metal. I play some metal mostly classic rock (Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, AC/DC, Mettalica, and Van Halen) and some new music (Sum 41, Alice In Chains, Nirvana) and these pickups cover all of that music with great tone and crispness. This guitar is really great sounding, I love it. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was pretty well put together, I only had a few problems with it. I ordered it in straight from the factory and was able to play it right away, however the action was very low and made that rattling sound as it hit off the further frets. But I took it back to the shop the next day and had it set up for free and they reset the action and showed me how to tune it correctly (it was my first whammy bar locking tuning nut guitar) it was really great. The pickups were perfect and everything worked great, however the didn't include the correct size of allen key, they gave me 2 but neither fit the locking nuts. There were no scratches in it, and no signs of mishandling or any flaws. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this is a perfect match for me with my love for classic rock. It's an amazing guitar and if it was stolen I would probably get this guitar again. I compared this guitar to many other guitars such as the S470 and RG2550E both from Ibanez, and ended up chosing this guitar because it was in my price range and I had heard great things about it. I wish it had some better pickups, but that's it. This guitar is a great buy for a beginer to intermediate, it has great sound, great look, and is easy to play, you won't be able to find anything better in this price range (except for a s--ty knockoff of some crappy guitar). // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: bloodbanx, on july 21, 2005

Purchased from: eBay

Features: The same as the RG370DX but it's white and has a pickguard (also looks prettyier in my opinion) There's quite a few diffrences between the old and new RG350DX's mine is the newest 2005 model, made in Korea. It has 21 jumbo frets easy for soloing, the neck is a Wizard II which is really thin and also good for soling, the neck is bound rosewood with maple top! Body is basswood. The finish is pure white. It's the standard Ibanez styled body (slightly more pointy horns compared to Strat). The bridge is an Edge 3 system which holds tune for along time, the only problem I find with the edge 3 is that you can accidently make it go backwards making a string snap or something, which is slightly annoying when you get other people playing it who don't know this! Theres a cool black unlabelled volume and tone control and 5 way pickup selector which is rather useful! I have left the stock pickups in which are in HSH format neck humbucker-INF3, single coil-INFS3, bridge humbucker-INF4. Double locking tremolo is excellent for those who like to use the tremolo, I wasn't a big fan of tremolo's until I got this beauty though, it's extremly smooth although it swings freely which I like personally but I know others won't and there seems to be no way of changing this. I had a cool strap, lead, pick, and 2 sets of strings with my guitar. // 8

Sound: I like playing all sorts of stuff, mainly metal and rock, this guitar is excellent for metal, it has a really good sound to it, although I find it near impossible to get any AC/DC songs sounding right! I'm using a cheapie practice amp (10watt) still sound amazing, but obvouisly not as good as it could! There is a buzz to the single coil, which is hardly noticable at all while playing but when you tune your guitar with a digital tuner really screws it up if you use it (this can be avoided by simple switching it off). There is a really smooth flowing sound when changing notes and it's a great guitar for metal! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well I cannot fault the guitar really here, the whole thing seemed perfect, the action is low, there is no loose parts nor is there any noticibale flaws. The shark fin inlays are beautiful and the whole guitar seems so sleek and pretty like an angel or something, I love the pickguard and the contrasting black hardware it makes the guitar look amazing! // 10

Reliability & Durability: I haven't playied this guitar live yet, it been chucked around my room and wacked on my bed several times and still looks not a day older than when I bought it! The humbuckers seem a bit too wobbly but I've pulled them around and there not going anywhere fast! The strap buttons are rock solid and the whole thing is built like a tank! I would gig without a backup, but I can't really afford a backup so thats that! The finish is impecable, and I think I'll be needing a hammer and bolster to get the finish off! // 10

Overall Impression: As I've said I play metal and rock and this seems prefect for these hard rock and metal! I've been playing for 6 months now, I own a pathetic 10watt amp (my pick's worth more) a cheapie multi effects (which I shall be upgrading) a wah-wah pedal and I use a silver pick (I prefer them). I wish I'd asked to play the guitar on a good amp so I could see what it's actuall capable of insted of wondering now! I love everything about this guitar except the hastle of re-tuning and when the string breaks because of pushing tremolo backwards! If this was stolenI would probably look for a diffrent model because I like change, but I don't think I'd better myself for the same money! // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 12, 2007

Purchased from: Joondalup Music

Sound: I was amazed that the knob actually makes a huge difference. I'm a bass player so my first guitar, being a Bullet Squier, had absolutely no tone to it but this thing is amazing when paired with an effects pedal. I play mainly metalcore in drop c and this thing sounds awesome with my MT-2 pedal. Since I've had it I have also made a resolution to learn some Standard tuning stuff such as The Darkness (rock) and other chord progression stuff and it sounds really good too. I guess if you don't mind taking the time out to tune up (which takes really long on this thing), you can get the best of both. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Mine came with the action very low, although I wouldn't of had it any way. No scratches as of yet and it's still in "showroom" condition. Tuning pegs feel fine and the black hardware looks very classy. The scratch plate has nice pearloid finish to it. I can't find a fault with this guitar? Then again I have only had it for a couple of days now. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar will last to my expectations although the bridge is going to be an issue. For those of you that aren't aware it comes with a floating (Edge III) bridge. It is made with cheaper materials and is therefore more likely to brake. For simplicity reasons thing of it as a spring, balanced by the tension of your strings. If you lower the tuning of one string, the others will go sharp to keep it equal. So, when tuning down, you must tune maybe 5 times over to get it right, and you have to adjust the tension in the springs at the back. Make sure your bridge is setup correctly at the shop, and this should save you much time! If your not going to be using the tremolo bar, but are going to be constantly changing tunings from Standard, drop-d, drop-c, bear in mind you must make adjustments, and ask yourself if it is worth your time and money. Why not go for a fixed bridge or a string thru. Then again if you rarely change your tunings, or don't mind taking half hour out to do so, then go for this great guitar! // 7

Overall Impression: For my metal needs, and even Standard, this guitar is awesome. I've been playing for two years now and I think of it as a worthy upgrade. I wish I had known more about the FLR style bridge, as I do change my tunings a lot! But hey, at leats you know now! Find out more about what it is your getting, and ask yourself if it's what you really want! If it was lost I would get one again! Although, maybe another guitar would be more practicle and easier to use for someone Who plays different tunings! // 8

RG350DX Reviewed by: IDisposableHero, on january 30, 2007

Purchased from: Mother's Music

Features: I've been drooling over this guitar for about a month already. I bought it used in near mint shape as is with no extra gear included. Made in Indonesia it is a sexy Strat-like model. It is the white model with white pickguard and black hardware, shark tooth inlays, 24 jumbo frets, wizard II neck, rosewood fingerboard, INFS3 single coil, INF3 and INF4 humbuckers, 5 way selector, and Edge III bridge. // 10

Sound: I play everything rock and metal, '60s to now. I play it through a Peavey Bandit 212 and a Dimebag Wah pedal, so this guitar really fits my setup. There is a slight buzz on the single coil but it's not very noticeable and I rarely use it by itself. If you like playing Van Halen or Pantera pinch and natural harmonics are very easy to produce on this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This is the first guitar I've used that has the Floyd Rose style bridge so tuning it took a second to get. It wouldn't have been so hard if the previous owner hadn't stretched out the springs, so after a quick switch of springs with my old guitar, my problem was fixed. I found that the tremolo claw screws had been stripped so someone had tried to fix it before me. Some of the hex key screws had been stripped a bit also. Though it was used, the finish and the rest of the hardware was flawless and the body was manufactured very professionally. The white finish is very different to me but very sexy. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Other than the bridge, I believe this guitar is very rugged and will last a long time. The humbuckers are pretty loose but shouldn't be a problem. The only problems I know I will have in the future is changing springs and the guitar going out of tune once in a while. I would only use a backup if the songs I played were in different tuning, as this guitar takes a bit longer to change tunings. I can tell the locking nuts will wear of paint and will strip, but they are minor repairs. // 9

Overall Impression: Other than my used guitar experience, I am very impressed with this guitar, maybe I'm so impressed because my last guitar was a Peavey Raptor, but the RG350DX is very easy to play and fits my playing style very well. I have been playing for 3 years and I am very happy to upgrade to a premium style guitar for a very reasonable price. I would buy this guitar again if I were to lose it and may experiment with the many nice finishes, but I believe the white finish is one of the nicer ones. Overall I am very impressed. // 9

RG350DX Reviewed by: mikey_1990, on may 29, 2008

Features: This is my second favorite guitar I have ever owned, it has 24 jumbo frets with shark tooth inays and the neck is made from bound rosewood and it has a maple top, the body is made from basswood and has an edge 3 bridge which is a double locking tremelo which is one of the best bridges I have used better than some of the other tremelos I've encountered, it has a white finish a lot I believe it's laminated, the body shape is like a wicked Stratocaster style, it comes with a volume knob and a tone knob and a 5 way Switch, the pick ups are passive and they are: NF3 (Humbucker) neck pick up, INFS3 (Single coil) middle pickup, NF4 (Humbucker) bridge pick up, these are very good pick ups at first but after awhile you will want to change them I have recently changed mine to Seymour Duncan black outs but the stock pickups are really good on there own, it comes with locking tuners unsure of the make, and it came with a gig bag // 10

Sound: I play metal, rock, hard rock, thrash etc it suits me perfectly, I use a POD xt Live and I run it through a Marshall MG15DFX on a clean channel, the stock pick ups gave it a nice classic rock tone the neck pick up gave a really nice tone and the bridge a nice thick sharp tone great for classic rock but as I said I changed the pick ups to give it more bite. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar feels like a guitar it may sound silly but some I've played just don't have that guitar feel, it's really well put together, feels solid, the pick ups were not adjusted when they came and the bridge had to be reset but apart from that the hardware is fine and the guitar came in a perfect condition. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would withstand Live playing without a doubt and I would use it without a backup guitar, all the strap buttons are solid, the finish because it is white I think over time it would yellow like all white things, but over all I love the guitar I recommend it. // 10

Overall Impression: I've been playing guitar 3-4 years, I own a few various things check my profile, if it was stolen or lost I'd be really gutted I'd probably get another one or get another one in the RG series a more expensive one, I love everything about it, I don't hate a single thing about it, I wish it came with Seymour Duncan's or EMG's because then people would have the need to swap the pic ups but you don't have to the stocks are good. // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: BlinkBlinkBlink, on april 06, 2005

Purchased from: Music123.com

Features: This is a good guitar, exact same as RG370 but with a pickguard. I took out the stock pickups wen I got it, put in Dimarzios super distortion at bridge, H3 at single coil, and Paf Pro at the neck. So it sounds jesusly. You should do that too. The single coil prob won't make much of a differnce but I'm not a fan of stock pickups unless their Gibsons. Pafs rock. // 10

Sound: I usually use a Mesa Rectifier full stack, but when I'm at home I use a Randall RG100SC. It's a great amp, really makes the sound come through. I play rock. This guitar is great for it. It's even got a rock look, with it's Icy Diamond kinda look. More whitish actually. Like snow. But sound is great. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action, fit and finish - it was great. But I did change the pickups. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is rock solid, like other Ibanezs. I used to have an SZ520QM, scratched it up. But on stage, it still looked great. And it still does. // 10

Overall Impression: Nothing much I wanna talk about, love it. // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 18, 2007

Sound: The variety of sounds this guitar creats are realy useful. The five way switches combined with the tone and volume controles give many possibilitys. I play a lot of things, from clasical to metal and post-hardcore and this offers me the tone to suit all of these. The only thing it lacks is a realy warm tone. But a great thick tone, produced by using the neck humbucker with the tone down, compensates well. I use a Marshall stack on clean and an array of pedals. The Ibanez works well with all these: giving crushing crushing distortion when used with the MD-2 Mega Distortion and the bridge pickup; clear chorus, flange and delay; and, using the neck pickup split with the middle, has a wonderful chimeing and bright sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The low action combined with the jumbo frets make the strings on this guitar feel so natural. The pickups all have a good balenced output and are at just the right hight; they don't move around and are actualy quite styleish. All the cavitys were perfectly finished which always makes a guitar look better. This guitar had no flaws what'soeve when I got and, it has lasted very well since. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The RG350DX is a very sturdy guitar capabel of many Live songs without a single retune. Also with the ease that you can play it you wont want to change at all. All the hardware is sturdy and should last a very long time. I would gig without a backup for sure. partly because I cat afford one. But mostly bicause it is such a good guitar. The finish is strong enough to withstand a lot of thrashing and the added scratchplate, a big difference between its sisters (the RG370's), it is easy to clean and protect. // 10

Overall Impression: Great for even the low end pro's. With a bit of upgrading and customisation (EMG's or seymore duncans, hybrid guage strings ect) this could be a perfect guitar. great match for most music. On loosing this, apart from being pissed, I wouldn't hesitate to buy a new one. I love it's sexy looks: after going to buy the black RG350EX model I saw this and fell in love. It looks so sharp and intelligent. The wammy is amazing, reducing the strings to floppy metal does not affect the tuning at all! Soon I will go on to buy some new pickups to perfect this guitar. This gives me my perfect tone. // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: bobbyj84, on january 19, 2008

Purchased from: Sam Ash

Features: This a solid top, 24 fret, Basswood, Rg styled guitar. This thing is mostly suited for metal but can play pretty much everything. I've even played some BB King. Not anything as far as special features go, nothing like the new Gibson Robot guitar, but it does its job. // 8

Sound: This guitar suites my playing style very well. It can go from all ranges of music, from Slayer to BB King anf Sublime to Metallica, it does everything. I put it through my Dunlop Crybaby Wah and Crate Palomino V32. It sounds fantastic on overdrive and distortion, and does have a decent clean, but best suited for your OD channels at home. Absolutely wonderful sound though, highly recomended. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action is very low and easy to play, that's my favorite prt abtou this guitar. The pickups are great, all 3 of them are very high quality. The bridge however, is trash. This guitar goes out of tune so easily because of the bridge, and the tuners. When they're locked it fine, but when you unlock them and switch up tunings, it takes two or three time to get it right before you can lock them again. So if you go to get this guitar, watch out for the tuners and bridge. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This thing is built like a tank. If dropped it a few times, hit it against stuff on accident, nothing has happened. The finish is great, haven't scratched it yet and I've had it almost a year. I'll tell you soon about the gigging, because I'm not quite there yet, but I'm sure this guitar would be fine gigging. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar would match anybodies style, jazz, metal, punk, you name it. I wish it would have come with a better bridge seeing as how I use the bar a lot. The sound is outstanding, not many guitars can compare in this price range. If you play in one tuning, not switching it up much, this guitar is for you. Strongly recomended if you use one tuning. Very good guitar overall. // 8

RG350DX Reviewed by: IbanezRGS, on november 10, 2008

Price paid: C$ 420

Purchased from: Axe Music Edmonton

Features: I like the 24 fret fingerboard, It gives more opportunity for solos. I just love it! The WizardII neck is very slim, and it's very fast! The bass wood body gives it a nice sound! The edge III tremolo keep it in tune for quite a long time. I love that I don't have to tune it that often. Double locking bridge is very awesome! // 9

Sound: It suits what I play, I do anything from the clan stairway to heaven sound, to the crunchy Green Day sound, to even the hard rocking Slayer sound. I put it through my Line6 Spider III and it sounds like an angel! It has a nice ring to it, and is very good with harmonics, it's even easier on the bridge pickup! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The Infinity 3 and 4 pickups are very nice, and pick up the crunchy sound on the bridge pickup, whereas on the neck pickup it sounds clean, picture a sweet home alabama kind of clean. There was only a smidge of fret buzz, but it's barely noticeable. That was easy to fix, and it is really comfortable when sitting down or standing up so no problems there! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will take a lot of abuse, even the tremolo. I am really hard on it. but it seems to stay in tune forever! the strap buttons haven't let me down. My neckstrap hasn't failed on me. and at this rate the neckstrap will fail before the strap buttons will! This guitar is very dependable. It's really thick and produces a rich sound I tihnk I will have this guitar for a looong time! // 10

Overall Impression: I do a lot of Green Day and it really fits when I put it on the "metal" setting on my Line6 Spider III. I've been playing for quite a few years already. I also own an Ibanez S470 and I must say, the s series are a little bit more durable this guitar is great for the price. I also own a BC rich Avenge SOB and I'd have to say this beats it. The RG350DX is more balanced, and can play for hours, I'd definetley reccomend it to any guitar player, from beginner to professional! // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: Ibanezguy350, on november 08, 2006

Purchased from: American Musical Supply

Sound: This guitar sounds perfect. It totally fits into my rock background. It's perfectly capable, and actually excels at, playing anyhting rock-and-roll. The Wizard-II neck also make it ideal for metal, and the humbuckers are a perfect complement. Surprisingly, this guitar plays some pretty mean blues. When I Switch to the middle-neck pickup, I get some awesome blues tones. I use it through a Line 6 Spider II 112 amp, which comes with some basic modelling. I can get just about any tone I want with this guitar. it produces a beautifully full, rich sound. The floyd rose allows for a huge variety of sounds. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The only thing I regret about this guitar was that I tried to change the action myself. Only when I realized how inexperienced I was at this, did I realize how well the action was setup at the factory. It was perfect. I hadn't dealt with a floyd-rose before, so I had little idea what I was doing. The pickups were as good as you could expect. The only thing was that the tone knob is a little loose in its place, and wobbles, but it still works. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Although I haven't given it many good runs playing Live, I am quite confident that it could go the distance. With the exception of that knob, I see no reason why any of the hardware should break. The strap buttons are solid, and I've never had the strap fall off before. The only reason I'd have a backup guitar at a show is beacuse I want the tone of that guitar. For no reason would I need a backup. The finish hasn't worn off at all, and still looks like new. It doesn't even seem to get fingerprints. // 9

Overall Impression: A pretty good match for my music, as I said before, but I feel limited in that it is a straight-forward metal guitar. I don't play as much metal, so I am often seeking other tones. I've been playing for about six years now. I really wish I had known about how to use a floyd rose before I bought, but the new models don't even have those anymore. I would buy this guitar again if it were stolen (I would never lose it) because it is a beautiful insrtument to own, and I'm Super proud of it. Compared to other guitars of this type, like rg series guitars, shecters, or any of that ESP garbage, this gutiar stands out because of it's looks and playability. My favorite things about this guitar are the looks and the logo. The white with black accents makes this guitar stand out, while still being subtle, and the shark-tooth pearloid inlays are perfect complements to the color scheme. And just knowing that it's an Ibanez lets you know that it's a quality instrument for the price. I'd expect this to cost somewhere in the $600-$700 range compared to gutiars that I've played that are similar to it. This guitar is affordable to be a starter guitar, but it's good enough for you to keep for a lifetime. This thing is unreal. // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: stephen_rettie, on march 08, 2007

Purchased from: thomann.de

Features: This is the RG350DX by Ibanez 24 Fret wizard 2 maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard. H/S/H setup with INF3 neck pickup INFS3 in the middle and INF4 at the bridge with a 5-way selector tone and volume knobs. It features an Edge 3 locking tremelo and has a brilliant white finish, white pearloid scratchplate, basswood body and thus very light. There is nothing missing on this guitar when playing I never think, oh I wish I had this. // 9

Sound: The sound: I play a broad range of styles with an MG30DFX (gettin rid of it soon:D) an Ibanez WD7 and DigiTech RP50.Really anything that I like I'll play, atthe moment I've been playing a lot of Iron Maiden and Dio and such like but I've gone through my prog rock phase and Blues phase and whatnot and this guitar has handled them all. When playing just the bridge pickup it's smooth yet sharp, that may have made no sense but it's true it's not grating but it's very trebly and great for solos and rythum, in fact I tend to use this for most of my playing as it's very responsive to pinch harmonics and such. The Middle pickup I don't use too much, not that it isnt great it's just I tend to use it for jimi hendrix and such, or when playing clean, it fits blues very well as does the bridge pickup. The bridge pickup is very bassy and again very smooth it's great for low gain settings with lots of bass. This guitar is general can play just about anything with the sheer selection from the 3 pickups. It's an all round guitar for those Who don't limit themselves to one style and for people Who want to experiment on a budget. The sound is great considering the price, the pickups are great but obviously not the best of the best, but for the money they deserve a 9. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Beautiful, this guitar is gorgeous, the white is flawless and the pearloid scratch plate looks amazing, I'm thinking of changing for a black one but that's just personal preference. The saw tooth inlays are very cool and huge so you wont be looking for a fret. The action is great it's higher then I would usually have it but this was a blessing, the bends are great! So easy but still not so high that's it's noticable so it's just in the middle. This thing is beautiful and was a joy to play out of the box // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would play htis guitar without a backup, not just beacause I can't afford one but becasue I trust it. At one point the input came a little loose but I just screwed it back in and, well problem solved. Strap buttons are fine which was good becasue my last guitar's came out while I was playing and it very nearly dropped. I'm usually a very careful player and I love this guitar too much to do anything outrageously stupid but it has taken minor knocks but never has it been damaged so I'm very happy with the quality. // 9

Overall Impression: I've had this guita for about 6 months now and I don't want to get rid of it. The wizard 2 neck is great. Of course it's isn't a perfect guitar but it's so amazing for the price and could easily be modded to anyones licking, for myself I'll probabley stock it with evolutions and a black scratchplate and the Trem is fine, I woudl have prefered a ZR trem like on most Ibanez S models but I have no problems with this one. I love the feel when I pick up this guitar, when I see it in my room I want to play it it's a beatiful guitar with sound to match. This guitar is for the budget guitarist Who wants someting that's amazing value for money, I've played guitars twice the price and always find myself saying, 'I prefer my neck,' or, 'Mine sounds better,' that is why I'm giving a high rating, sheer customer satisfaction. // 8

RG350DX Reviewed by: Trunx, on april 09, 2007

Purchased from: Tampereen Musiikki

Features: The Ibanez RG350DX that I own (later on just referred as "guitar"), was made in 2005. It has 24 frets, and the neck is rather thin. The neck is bound rosewood with a maple top, while the body is basswood. The body colour is white, neck colour black with white shark tooth inlays and it has a light, glittery pickguard. It has a wizard II neck, INFS3 single coil, INF3 and INF4 humbuckers, 5 way selector, and Edge III bridge. The guitar has one black, unlabeled volume control, and one unlabeled tone control. The guitar has a locking system, but I don't use it, because it doesn't work very well. It also has a whammy-bar. // 9

Sound: The guitar is very good for rock and metal. I use it with a self-customed Ibanez amp. The 5-way switch makes my guitar playing so much easier and gives a large variety of sounds. The whammy-bar is extremely useful too. Sometimes, when playing quitly, you can hear a buzzing sound, but it doesn't really matter. To make things easy 'n' simple I'll just say: I love the sound of this guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came nearly perfect out of the facory, the only irritating thing is that the locks at the end of the neck don't really work. The press the strings so that the tone goes up a step on some strings (or then I just haven't figured out how to use them correctly). // 9

Reliability & Durability: If you want a cheapish, but still great guitar for gigs, this is the guitar you want to get. This guitar has never let me down, and it has been trough quite a lot. Actually, I haven't even had a backup guitar with me for most of my gigs, and I wasn't even nervous about it. Everything will definately last! // 10

Overall Impression: I play mostly rock through the '60s to the '90s, this is a great match for me. This is definately my best guitar (I have four), and if I'd break or lose this guitar etc. I'd get this one again. I love the 24 frets and thin neck, awesome for playing solo's. I just wish I'd be a better player, so I could take this guitar to it's limits. // 9

RG350DX Reviewed by: iron-maiden666, on june 26, 2007

Features: I gave this guitar a 10 for features because there inst really anything it's lacking in this area. It has 2 humbuckers, AND a single coil in teh middle. The RG350DX features a double locking floyd rose style tremolo system with a locking nut, so it stays in tune for a long time. I tune mine like once a week. Also I live the neck on this guitar. It's a 3 piece neck with jumbo frets, and it has some awesome inlays. For features, this guitar is fantastic. // 10

Sound: The Ibanez RG350DX sounds great. even though it is made for screaming metal tones, if you put it on the bridge pickup the clean tones are really thick and powerful. For a little twangier tone I use just the single coil pickup. It sounds similar to a Stratocaster in that way. If you want the face melting metal tone, just flip down to the bridge pickup and your good to go. I'm using an old peavy amp until I get a new one, but I played it in the store with a peavy valveing and it sounds great. I'm sure this guitar would sound fine through any amp. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: These guitars are set up great right out of the box. The finish of the guitar is fantastic and the black hardware on the white body with the white pearlaroid pick guard looks stunning. Trust me you guys it will blow your mind when you first see it. The pictures don't do it justice. As for the hardware, nothing is loose, all the tuners are fine, and the volume and tone knobs are perfect. The fretboard is great and the frets aren't sharp or anything. The inlays are just as beautiful. The only thing wrong with mine is that the e string and some of it's frets buzz a little. It can easily be fixed, and you normally don't even notice it, especially when your playing through teh amp. Also this guitar came with all the allen wrenches and tools that this kind of guitar would need. It also came with an extra cable, obviously the tremolo arm and an extra tremolo spring. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've only had this guitar for a week or so, but to me it seems the reliability and durability will be fine. I can tell you that the strap pins are very solid and are above average. I have one of those levis straps and it fits it very snuggly. The finish on the Ibanez is very thick and the white doesn't show fingerprints at all. I bet that scratches wont even show up that much. But that's just a guess because as of now I have none. Anyway, I would gig without a backup any day. A very reliable guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I play thrash/power/progressive/folk/viking/black/speed/melodic and symphonic metal (basically all types but that odd grindcore and nu metal and weird stuff like that). This guitar was built for metal! I've been playing for around 3 or 4 years and I loove this gutiar. My favorite feature is defiantly the double locking tremolo system. If it were lost or stolen I would replace it instantly. You cannot beat this guitar with anything in the price range, or even with more pricey guitars. I'd perfer this over some of jacksons models, most of the ESP guitars, and any Gibson or Fender guitar you could show me. I love this guitar, and overall I give the Ibanez RG350DX an 10 out of 10. As a side note, I discovered that once you are ready to use the tremolo arm, you must put it in and depress teh bar. this reveals a small allen wrench hole. You must take the smallest allen wrench you were given with the guitar and adjust the tension in the tremolo arms hole. If you don't it's kind of wobbly. I did this and it's perfectly stable. The only downside to doing this is that you must un tighten the arm if you wish to remove it. For some reason the arm is not snug unless you tighten it. // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: SMterminator, on july 10, 2007

Purchased from: Guitar World

Features: 24 frets on a very thin and playable maple neck. Not sure where it was made, I think Korea as they are commonly made there. 2005 model with an Edge III trem, which looks like a Lo-Pro. Body is made out of basswood and is an RG shape, similar to a Jem and painted white with a pearloid pickguard. Ibanez branded H/S/H pickup setup. 1 volume knob and 1 tone knob. 5 way pickup selection. Tuners are a set of inline 6. // 8

Sound: Suits my style well (Avenged Sevenfold, Dragonforce, Megadeth) and works well coupled with my Peavy Bandit 112. On the treble setting (bridge pickup), it sounds good for stuff like Trivium and Metallica, where as the neck pickups sounds good for backing guitar stuff. Very quiet pickups, I was quite suprised. Can make dime-squeals too! // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Setup from factory was crap. The trem was sunken in to the cavity. Pickups were perfect. Neck has a bow in it, can be finxed with an adjustment. No other faults. nicely cut neck pocket, no dents or scrathes. I fixed the bridge up in about 1 hour and just fixed the rod and it's fine. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Had it for about a week or two and can't fault it. Edge III is a bit hard to set up but when it is it sounds good. it's do a gig without backup. Strap button are solid as. Hardware seems good. the finish looks quite good, the DX looks looks better than the EX because it's looks like Vai's Jem. // 9

Overall Impression: Good match to metal, hard rock and shred stuff, I can still play rockabilly but it's not the best for it. If it were stolen, I'd get the same guitar. I like everything about it now that it has been set up. Design is for easy fret access and the neck is lighting fast and is smooth as. Maybe a better trem would be nice but this one is fine. // 8

RG350DX Reviewed by: Kyle_Daoust, on july 20, 2007

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

Features: Overall I was satisfied with the features of this guitar, it's had the Standard rosewood fretboard with 25 frets and double shark fin fret markers. I really like plain white finish and pearl pick guard on this guitar, Really makes it look great. Body style is similar to that of a Strat, which I don't mind, I find it easier to play. I like floyd rose bridge but that bridge makes it a real pain in the ass to change strings. The locking nut is great because literally it will keep the guitar in near perfect tune for months but when the time comes to tune it is as much of a pain to tune as it is to change the stings. The pickup configuration is two humbuckers and one single coil. This really gave you lots of room to explore how things wuld sound.The guitar comes with a whammy bar, cable, tools, and an extra spring, should you need to put one in. // 8

Sound: My music style is mostly metal and classic rock but I'll play anything if I like the song. The guitar is good for pretty well all types of music. When on clean it sounds a bit like an acoustic, so it's pretty good in that respect. When distoted it's powerful. Distortion comes out nice and clear and powerful. Pinch harmonics come out very nicely o this guitar. there's on one real problem I have with it is that it has a deep tome to it when your on any pickup or tone setting, which I find sort of takes away from the classic rock sound. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I liked the action on this guitar. It was set up pretty good. The pickup adjustment was great, they perform beautifully. Everything was properly routed. The guitar I bought did have some flaws in it, mind you I did get the price dropped $100 CAN. There was a dent in the wood and a crack in the laquer. They were barely noticable. Other than that the finish was good // 7

Reliability & Durability: Everything is very solid on this guitar.This guitar will withstand Live playing. All the hardware seem to be able to last. The strap buttons will not move no matter how hard you try to move them. The finish is good and thick and wont wear off easily. I would go to a gig with no backup with this guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: As I said before I play just about all types of music. It is a good enough match for whatever you play.I have been playing for 3 years and own a cheap Les Paul knock off and a Line 6 Spider 3 amp. I was well informed by the staff at Tom Lee and hey told me everything I needed to know. I would probably buy something different if this guitar were lost or stolen just because I would want to try something new. I love the sound and playability of this guitar. I don't hate anything about it. It has all you really need on it. // 8

RG350DX Reviewed by: leftintheashes, on august 21, 2007

Features: This is the 2004 Ibanez RG350DX, made in Indonesia. It has a 24 fret bolt on neck. The neck is a very thin, very fast maple neck with a rose wood fretboard that will feel very waxed afer a few hours of playing. The guitar's body is made out of basswood, as are most of Ibanez's models. Not really the best wood, but it works. It has a snow white finish, and a pearl white pick gaurd. The body shaped like a superstrat, not that bad in looks, and all the hardware's black. It comes equipped with a edge three floyd style bridge. Passive electronics, INF 4 humbucker in neak, INF 3 single coil: middle, INF 3 hum in bridge. One volume, one tone, 5-way selection switch. Ibanez tuners. Did not come with anything. Not even a owners manual. // 4

Sound: I'll put it this way. This is not the guitar your looking for. The reason I know that is because you heard Ibanez was good for metal, just like me. I will not deny that claim, as some Ibanez's are very good for metal. Just not this one. This guitar is more like a mellow rock guitar. I have a Crate G-60, which is by all means, a horrible amp that will make all guitars sound horrible, however I have also tested this on an old Kay amp, a Fender 15 watt, a last but most definatly not least my friends peavy XXX. It still sounded bad. the guitar's pickups, despite having a bad tone, also sound like a hummingbird flew into your amp. However I will say that this guitar sound very nice without a amp. Very bright though. Oh yes. Pinch harmonics are impossible on this guitar. // 3

Action, Fit & Finish: The set up from the factory I will commend, as it was perfect, but no setup fixes a horrible guitar. Pickups were in the desired location, no chips, obviously or I wouldent have bought it. The edge three tremolo is unmistakably the cheapist bridge you will ever use. It came all perfect, no manufacturing defects, Ibanez is quite good at that. But overall, only the expensive models are worth playing. // 7

Reliability & Durability: As for live playing, I would not play this guitar Live, unless I really hated my fans and wanted to make them all deaf. As I said before, the hard ware is quite durable, but the finish chips like a water buffalo pees, constantly. The first time I played this guitar with a strap, it fell of and almost broke my toe. That was a year ago. It still hurts. Enouph said. Overall the guitars durable. If you don't smash it from frusteration. // 7

Overall Impression: I play a lot of different music. I like jazz, blues, metal, rock, pretty musch anything besides country, I bought this guitar for metal. that's what it could not do. I've played for a little over two years. One of the I self taught myself, and then I started lessons with a very accomplished guitarist. Acctuly he is a christan recording artist, even though I take no intrest in that perticular brand of music. I own several ohther guitars, including a Ibanez seven string RG that rocks the heak out of everything it touches. This is by far, my worst electric, but my Harmony outpaces it in overall guitar horribleness. If it should be stolen or lost, I'd probaly mourn it's loss, just because it's near 500 dollars down the drain. But I would not buy a new one. The onlly thing I really complement this guitar is that the thing would not break even if you hit it with a sledge hammer. Every thing else is two thumbs down. I have experience with many guitars, including mexican and american strats, A Ibanez Rg 1527 Seven String Prestige, A Del Ray, A squire Strat, Peavy Accelerator, Schecter Sinister Custom, and ohthers. I also repair guitars. I have no idea why I bought this, but hey it was my first guitar. I diddent know much. that's why I am writing this review, you help ohther people avoid that mistake. I will suggest a few ohther guitars in the price range that are better. ESP Viper-500, Shecter S-1 elite, Mexican Strat. All of them are better. // 4

RG350DX Reviewed by: SYL7, on october 17, 2007

Features: I traded my Fender (Mexican) '60s classic series Strat for this with a friend, as I play metal and he plays Indie, and I needed a more beffy sound that the singlecoils could provide, and what inde guitar player would not want a Strat? Superstrat style, It has 24 frets, what I think is a Floyd Rose, though I'm not to sure, there is a 5 way selector Switch, tone and volume knob, two humbuckers and a singlecoil between them. the finsh is white with a pearl pickguard. The neck is very fast, but this being an Ibanez, that did not suprise me. I also own an Ibanez RG1527 7string, so I expected a fast, playable neck. // 8

Sound: My musical style is quite varied, and this guitar often changes tunings (which is apparetnly risky for a lock trem but I've had no problems so far) these tunings are Drop C and Open C maj. As well as writiong my own progressive metal material, I play music such as Strapping Young Lad and Devin Townsend (hence the Open C tuning) and also stuff like Killswitch Engage and God Forbid. I was looking for a meaty, heavy sound and this didn't disapoint. My Set Up is: Marshall MG100DFX amp, DigiTech GNX 3 Multi effects, Jim Dunlop Crybaby Wah, guitar. What really suprised me is that althoug I paid 500 for the 7 string, which was from a SHOP, this guitar, which has has 2 previous owners before me, in my pooinion, sounds better, and it's RRP is around 350. The clean tones also really impressed me, 1 place down from the neck pickup on the 5 way, and it gives me one of the nicest clean tones I've ever heard. These Sounds, along with very little (if any) background noise, gets it a definite 10 for tone. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I wouldn't know about the guitar when it arrived from the factory, but it arrived to me with no strings on, which meant not only would I have to restring it, I would have to re-arrange the whole trem. With a LOT of help from a friend I managed this, and now it feels better and plays nicer, again, better than the 7. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I have not gigged with this instrument, but I plan to do so soon, and I would trust it greatly. The strap buttons are solid, and for now I will have no choice but to gig without a backup, as the 7 is in Standard and I have no other electric, but I plan to get a Schecter 7 string with a fixed bridge, and that will probably become my main guitar, with this becoming a back up, or my main drop c guitar, whikle the Schecter remains in open C. // 7

Overall Impression: I have played for mnearly 4 years. this guitar matches my music and me perfectly, it feels perfect. The guitar looks and sounds amazing, and if I lost it/had it stolen, if tracking down and seriously hurting the one responsible was not an option, than I would definately contemplate getting a new one. For anyone Who can afford it, and wants a killer looking and sounding rock/metal guitar, I say go for this, you wont be disappointed. // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: PatheticMedic, on november 29, 2007

Features: I bought this guitar a few weeks ago from Guitar Center. I bought it used because they didn't have any Brand New models. Even though it was used, it played like a Brand New guitar, which tells me it was not only taken care of, but is extremely durable. It is a 24 fret guitar, which gives extra room for solos, and all frets are easy to reach. The action on the strings is very low and has no fret buzz at all. It is on a 25 1/2" scale, so chords are easier because there is more room inbetween each string than a normal guitar. I bought the white model which definetly looks different than most guitars. It is white with black hardware and a pearl patterned pick guard. This guitar also features a double locking tremelo bride, which gives me the ability to use a whamy bar to it's full potential. The bridge also has fine tuners on it for perfect tuning. The only downside to the bridge is that to prevent Machine Head damage, the neck has a locking nut. This makes it harder to tune and replace strings, but since this guitar stays in tune really well, it isn't that much of a problem. This guitar also features two EMG designed humbuckers in the neck and bridge position and a single coil pickup in the mid position. // 9

Sound: This guitar perfectly suits my music style, which is anything from rock to heavy metal and beyond. I am using this guitar with a Line 6 Spider III 15 watt amp, not very loud, but impressive sound, sounds beautiful running distortion or on a clean channel. 24 frets along with a double locking tremelo bridge give this guitar a massive variety of sounds. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Although this guitar was used when I bought it, the action is low with no fret buzz, the pickups are perfectly positioned, and this guitar has no flaws that I can see or hear. I can play this guitar for two hours straight and not even tell I've been playing, the action is amazing! // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is really durable, and could definetly handle a Live show with ease. The hardware is really tough, and was designed by EMG. The strap buttons are not moving any time soon, however this guitar is a little on the heavy side, so jumping around on stage might be a little difficult, but nothing major. I would definetly rely on this guitar for a gig without a backup, no problem. // 9

Overall Impression: My overall impression of this guitar isnt explainable in words. I've been looking for the perfect guitar for me and my style for a while now, and out of all the different guitars I played (Gibsons, Jacksons, B.C. Rich, and other Ibanezes)this one is definetly the most impressive with sounds and string action. I wouldn't take any other guitar! // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: priestfan76, on december 27, 2007

Features: This guitar has 24 frets, and features a Wizard neck with Jumbo Frets that make it most excellent for shredding. The body is I believe maple, the finish is pearl white with a white pickguard. It is a double cutaway body, with a Floyd Rose tremolo system. The electronics on it are active, and it has a 5 way selector, which is excellent. The pickups are all infinities, which in my opinion have a great tone, the distortion channel is powerful, although the clean channel does create buzzing on occasion. It has non-locking tuners, and has a tone-lok on it. It came with just the guitar, but that's all it needed to come with, becasue this guitar is brutal. // 9

Sound: I play a lot of thrash, metal, and punk, and this guitar is sick for exactly that. I use a Fender Frontman 15G amp with an Ibanez Weeping Demon wah petal and an MXR DD-11 Tribute Dime Distortion petal as well, and all of it gives the Guitar an even better tone. The Distortion channel is amazing, it's powerful, and it gives your music just that extra edge it needs when it needs it. The clean channel gives off a bit of a buzz, but that's really about it. The guitar is basically a shredding machine, so use it with Metal and you won't regret it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I haven't changed anything on this guitar, except I made the action a little lower and slightly adjusted the pickups, but that was all just to suit my style. This guitar is very well put together right out of the factory, the only thing I'm changing, and again this is just me, is I am putting Live USA pickups in mine, but these pickups are fine to just pickup and go. Nothing was faulty, although my tone-lok doesn't seem to do much to help me out, but that could just be mine. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have played this guitar Live, and it is definitely reliable. I never use a backup with this thing because it has not failed me yet. The strap buttons are fine, and the finish will definitely last, as will the hardware. The guitar also of course looks beautiful, and people will surely gasp when they see you pull this baby out. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing about 2 years, and this guitar is just more than I could've asked for. I've played Fenders, Gibsons, ESPs, LTDs, B.C. Richs, as well as other Ibanez models, but this one is by far my favorite. There is nothing I regret not asking, and if somebody stole this, I would beat them to death with it and keep the blood on the guitar, just to prove a point. // 9

RG350DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 24, 2008

Features: The guitar is made in Indonesia, not sure which year it was made but I'm guessing 2006. It has 24 jumbo frets good for rhythm. Smooth neck and beautiful body made from basswood. The body is pure white with a pickguard of pearl sparkles. The bridge is a Floyd Rose double locking system (Edge III is developed by Ibanez under Floyd Rose's permission). There are three springs on the back, which is very good and reliable. H/S/H pickups, passive, black coloured. It has one black volume knob and a tone knob and also a black 5 way pickup selector. The thing I like about this guitar is the colour contrast. It is very beautiful and stunning. The guitar came with some allan keys, and a spring. I would change the bridge to a original Floyd Rose. // 9

Sound: I like progressive rock/metal. Bands like Pink Floyd and Dream Theater. If you are telling me that I should've bought a Fender, I would agree with you. But The thing I like about this guitar is that it has a fast neck. Very good for riffs and improvising. The single coil in the middle is noisy, I'm not kidding. But it has a good sound at clean. The bridge humbucker has a decent output, not that high, and the neck humbucker has a little less than the bridge humbuckers. I can hear a buzzing sound when I play on the neck pickup. The bridge is okay but I would like it to have more output. So basically I would replace all the pickups. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The output jack is kinda loose, and the rest is perfect. The other problem is that the paint is kinda thin. One more thing I wanna add is that you gotta make sure the bridge (and the springs at the back) is good. It is very important! I believe the guitar is shipped from Indonesia, and I couldn't find any critical flaws. Everything seemed okay when I bought it and some problems came up after that but they were not important. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Reliable and durable. This is not a Squier. You should trust Ibanez. Straps buttons solid, good hardware. You should gig with a backup, always. It's reliable. I dropped it a few times and nothing bad happened so I guess it's okay. Like I said, you should have a backup guitar all the time. The problem with the Floyd Rose system is that if you break a string, all other strings would go out of tune. So you're basically screwed if you were on stage. // 9

Overall Impression: If it were stolen, I'd buy a more expensive Ibanez. Like those S Prestiges. Or I'd change the pickups and the bridge. I've been playing this guitar for a year now, and it was satisfing but not that impressive. This guitar attracts a lot of buyers because of its beauty. But before you buy it, check the neck and see if it's straight. Play the open E string and also the 12th fret on the E string and listen to the sound. You gotta make sure that your bridge is soild and durable. // 8

RG350DX Reviewed by: LordLayAlot, on march 07, 2008

Features: My RG was made in Indonesia. It has 24 jumbo frets(easy to play on), and a laminated body. The neck is a super thin basswood neck, and it's incredibly easy to move up and down it fast, so it's great for metal players. The finish is an attractive white, boosted with a futuristic looking Floyd Rose bridge(the heart of the RG). The pickups I got were passive, they are Infinity 2's and 3's which give it a good bite and a nice clean sound (I am going to get Active ones but to be honest the Infinity's are amazing already). The tuners are Floyd Rose and once locked stay in tune forever! The shop gave me a gig bag and loads of picks(note that this was the shops policy, not Ibanez's policy). // 10

Sound: To me, it suits my music style perfectly, or any music style. I remember the minute I tried the guitar and turned it on distortion, it sounds aggressive (which is great for metal, but it also sounded nice and smooth on clean. It works great with any effect put on it, and not once did I get a annoying buzzing sound. The guitar's Floyd Rose enables it to be really tampered with(especially with the whammy bar) without going out of tune or breaking (make sure your guitar is set up though). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I am going to be honest, when the guitar came it was not properly set up on the bridge(unfortunately that's what you get for a 300 guitar made in Indonesia). The only little things that had to be fixed were on the bridge, intonation, right height etc. When I tried restringing it I had a lot of problems but then I realised the guitar just was not set up for the gage of strings I was using, that is not a set up problem, it is simply that depending on the strings you use, the guitar needs to be set up for it, so if you use heavy strings, ask the people at the shop to set up for it. Apart from the minor easy to fix problems, I see no others, as far as I know the guitar is flawless. // 9

Reliability & Durability: From the experience this guitar has had live, I have had no problems whatsoever. The hardware works top notch, the Floyd Rose guarantees the guitar staying in tune, the strap buttons are solid but I strongly recommend you buy strap locks, whether your using a Squire or a Gibson. I would never use a backup guitar while using this one since it plays great at any song, and for a 300 guitar, it's very sturdy. The finish is laminated in such way that it will not easily wear off(unless of course you throw it around don't). // 10

Overall Impression: Out of any guitar I have played, this one has been the most reliable and nicest sounding. It's great for any kind of music and is very versatile. I have been playing for 4 years and in the first time, I have found a guitar that I really feel a bond with. If it was stolen, I would search for the robber and fight for it and if I failed, I would buy another one. I love everything about it, the only thing I dislike is restringing it, because unfortunately Floyd Rose guitar's are a pain in the rump to restring (or I might just be a bit stupid). I played my friends Gibson X-Plorer, and I have to say I preferred the RG. The RG felt light and energetic whereas the Gibson felt too thick and heavy. The RG is also very customisable (I gave mine a chrome gold scratchplate) enabling the change of pickups and so forth easy. It does not matter if you are a beginner or a pro, the RG350DX is built for any guitarist who loves music, and for 300, it is a right bargain! // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: sg_player, on june 09, 2008

Features: Ok So I switched my SG ex prophecy for this. It was made last year in... indonesia ahaha. it's got an insanely comfortable and flat wizard-II neck with 24 jumbo frets and sharktooth inlays. it's very easy to play on. it's a solid top. The white finish is amazing and contrasts perfectly wiht the black hardware. And if you don't know what an rg looks like, it's like a well "hornier" version of a Strat. The pickups are Ibanez stock infinity pickups, hsh style I think it's called. It has an edge III tremolo and 5 way selector Switch. 2 volume knobs. It also came with tools and a little cable. // 9

Sound: Ok this really suprised me. The Ibanez infinity stock pickups actually have a great sound. I play it through a Crate 30w amp I can get lots of styles with the infinitys. The sound is rich and full for metal and distortion stuff. But you can get decent blues/classic rock from it too. The rhythm pickup is amazing for sweeping and solos. The sustain impressed me a little too. The only thing is that the pinch harmonics aren't that great on it, you have to be really spot on. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Pretty much everything was fine. The neck just needs a little adjustment because the ninth fret keeps buzzing.Other than that the action was fine. Also as you heard the whammy bar is a little loose, but I'm not a huge whammy fan so it doesnt't bother me a lot But again this guitar looks amazing. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have not played this Live. But everything seems solid. I had the strap fall off once but thankfully I caught the guitar. The finish shoouldnt wear off I don't think. and the hardware seems durable. But then again I've only had this guitar for two weeks. but I would bring a backup just becausee. // 8

Overall Impression: Ok I play metal and punk and I've been playing for around a year. Thisd guitar is great, both in looks and in playing. it's really better than a lot of expensive guitars, which is why I bought it. If was stolen I'd buy it again. The only thing bad is the pinch harmonics and the readjusting if you tune it down to drop c, ect. If you like changing tunings everyday you probaly shouldn't buy this. I just wish it had a black pickguard, but il probaly put one on soon anyway. but One more time, IT looks amazing and plays amazing. // 9

RG350DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 18, 2008

Purchased from: Roll Over Beethoven's

Features: When I started playing guitar, family of mine bought me a very cheap Burswood acoustic guitar. One of those, well try it and see fi you like it things, needless to say, it took me forever to file down the bridge to get the strings to set close to the fretboard and was a real chore on the hands to play for a while due tot eh cheaper frets. So I bought this guitar because I wanted something affordable, and yet very good quality, and very good sound, and mostly something I could really learn how to play on. So compared to my previous guitar this guitar is a 100 times better. It's an Indonesian made Ibanez, from 07, I got it in 08. It features a 24 fret board, and a floating bridge. It has a white body with a pearly pick guard, a natural 24 jumbo fret wizzard2 neck, and black hardware. It has 1 double and one single humbucker pickup, and a volume n tone nob. // 10

Sound: This guitar has 3 pickups, two double humbucker pickups and one single. The guitar itself has awesome tone, and plays very well on the stock pickups. The sound is usually very crisp, and very clean, cept on the single, there is a slight feedback humming sound if you are too close to the amp, but other than that it is fine. It doesn't really suite the style of the guitar, but with a normal input you can almost make the guitar sound very acoustic-ish. The doubles play nicely and produce a very nice crisp distortion, or a heavy distortion sound when used with a distortion peddle, or the effects on an amp. Usually I use a Roland Micro Cube for a practice amp and also as a preamp/effects peddle when plugged into a better amp or system. So the Cosm effects are what I use with any peddles used before that. You can make it sound very screaming, or very deep, or very calm, so it's very versatile in terms of sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: From the box the guy at the shop I bought it from set it up for me for free, so I don't know how it is straight out of the box. When he set it up the action was just a little too low for my taste, as some of the strings would rattle more than I'd like them too, so I adjusted the springs so the bridge is flat to the body. The pickups were set up fine, everything was perfect as far as finish goes when I got it. Some of the black pain on the metal parts has worn down a little, but it's not very noticeable. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar feels very sturdy. It feels a bit like holding a sturdy walking stick, you know you can rely on it, and it never lets you down. In fact I've probably banged it into quite a few things with out an real visible damage or defects in the paint, so not only is the guitar durable but also the finish. The guitar once in tune usually stays in tune very well, usually only needing an occasional fine tuning here or there. The strap itself is very sturdy, well, when worn properly that is. I would definitively use this guitar at a gig without backup. As long as I don't need to drop D tune. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great guitar for any genre music, it looks great, and for the money paid for the guitar, you really do get a great deal. When looking for an electric I looked at many different guitars, ESP, Fender, and many others, but my pocketbook was against spending over 500 for a guitar, and since I was cheap, I got a great guitar and I got better quality for my money. I'd definitely recommend this guitar to anyone looking for a great, solid, sturdy guitar, I wouldn't recommend if to people learning to play or impatient players due to the tuning of the floating bridge, but for anyone else I definitely would. If this guitar was stolen, I'd probably cry, well, maybe not, but if I ever found the guy who stole it, I promise they would. If stolen, I would probably upgrade to a less expensive Jem, since that is pretty much what the rg is anyhow. Well, I hope if you are looking at this guitar or looking for one, you check out this guitar, I personally believe you wont be sorry you did. // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on december 26, 2008

Price paid: C$ 475

Purchased from: Long & McQuade

Features: This Beautiful guitar was made in Indonesia in 2008. It has a 24 jumbo ft Wizard II neck. The body is Basswood, Neck is Maple I believe, with a Rosewood fretboard. It is just A glossy white finish, and all black Hardware. The electronics consist of three pickups, Two are humbuckers, one is a single coil. Bridge:INF4, Neck:INF 3, and the middle, is a INFS3. It has one Volume, one Tone know, and a %- way selector Switch. Tuners, I have no idea. But they feel extremely solid so far. It also has a Edge III bridge. // 10

Sound: This guitar is perfectly suited for my style of music, I play mostly Metal, and Rock, and this guitar does it all, as it is very versatile. The bridge pickup gives a rich, fat trebley sound, and the Neck pickup is a more bassy, quieter pickup. The single coil hums pretty loud, but sounds beautiful on a clean channel. Seeing as I am only playing out of a Fender Frontman 15G, this guitar is not sounding it's full potential. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Action was perfect, right out of the box. The pickups were perfectly adjusted, and everything was in perfect working order. The only flaw I could possible find, was that there was a tiny piece of hair, under the clear coat. But other than that, it is perfect, and I could not be more satisfied. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Seeing as I just got this guitar today. Everything seems fine. The only thing I am worried about is the Edge III trem. Everybody says they are garbage. So far it is working perfectly, although I might want to swap it in the future, if it becomes a problem. Strap buttons are solid, and the finish is beautiful. Although being a white guitar, it may yellow over time. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this guitar, it is beautiful, and is a really nice instrument. I like the tremolo, but seeing as I am new to a locking trem, it takes a bit of getting used to. If someone stole this guitar. I would find the biggest knife in my house, track them down, and poke their eyes out. And of course take my guitar back. The only thing I would maybe want to change, is the pickups I am thinking about a nice pair of DiMarzio's. // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: Kapow1992, on january 20, 2009

Purchased from: Music Room

Features: This guitar was made about a year ago when I bought it and was made in Indonesia of all places. It has 24 frets on a beautifully shapped "C" shaped maple neck. I already have an Epiphone SG and Fender Strat HH but I wanted the qualities of both these guitars roled into one, that's where the Ibanez came in. Powerful pickups, slim, fast neck and a hardworking trem. perfect. The finish is awesome, pure with black hardware and white neck binding. already for 350 this guitar is giving you your monies worth. This is my first Floyd Rose trem, it's difficult, but serious fun to tinker with. as soon as the strings have settled in I can't see any problems with it. the pickups where good straight from the shelve being better than my SG with singing harmonics. it has a 5 way pickup selecter but I only use the bridge pickup and the centre pickup does have a tendancy to buzz. the guy threw in a gig bag, 2 sets of strings and a music book I wanted, bringing the guitar down to 315 but with all the extras 350. (the guitars lable cost was 350, he discounted the guitar and added the price of the extras back to 350. so I basically got the extras free) // 9

Sound: I got this guitar because I'm creeping into playing metal but the Floyd Rose does make things difficult to drop tune without tinkering with spring tension, so iv kept it in Standard E for now and it still delivers a nice heavy tone. I'm using it through a Marshall 50dfx 115watt and it sounds sweet, would like some distortion but the guitar drained my funds for this month. the pickups are great for clean and distorted and the trem offers a whole new sound with screaming dive bombs and hard trem work. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: My guitar came with a small bit of card with about 6signitures of the quality checks and varies people Who had tinkered with it through it's building and it came very well set! the guy in the shop explained my trem and how to maintain it properly. the only problem was the strings were going abit dull so he threw in two free sets which was nice! the finish is awesome. I love it to pieces, you just don't get this kind of detail on guitars of a similar price. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would easily withstand Live playing, but as it is Floyd Rose, it could get annoying as the venue heats up and the strings go out of tune, so for that case I'd still take my SG. hardware looks solid and well made and the strap buttons are the best iv seen on any stock guitar. the finish is beautiful, will definatly last. I bought this guitar because it had a pickguard, I don't like to scratch it. // 9

Overall Impression: I play a lot really, from Indie to metal. this guitar does seem to suit Standard E but that's only because I haven't changed the springs, I may do down the line. if this guitar was lost or stolen I would deffinatly get this again, it's the best guitar iv ever played and iv tried 1200 gibsons and fenders, but that may be down to taste. it's serious value for money. I love the finish, the pickups and the hardworking trem, iv fallen for this axe! I always used to compare guitars to my SG, but now it'll definatly be compared to this Ibanez. // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: meakel, on november 03, 2009

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia in 2003. The maple Wizard neck sports 24 easily and extremely quickly accessible frets. The basswood body itself has two cut-aways in the asymmetrical devil horns style, similar among superstrat type guitars. Mine has a glossy black finish with a Edge Floyd Rose tremolo system. The tremolo system works great but will require a great deal of fiddling if you plan on changing string gauges or drop tuning. (And in some cases, just tuning!) The RG has three Infinity pickups in the HSH configuration changeable with a 5-way Switch. // 9

Sound: My guitar runs through a Vox DA10, at times a Laney 100w and occasionally a POD X3. In each instance the guitar is amazingly versatile. The amount of different clean tones accessible with the just the guitar's tone knobs and pickup Switch is amazing. And in overdrive or distortion the pups do not disappoint either. The RG can hold a considerable amount of gain without buzz, and the pickups are hot enough for some screaming pinch harmonics. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The stock setup didn't require any extra adjustment from me, and still today I haven't changed it and it sounds just as great. There was no gripes from me when it came from the shop. The action was at the proper height. The pickups were properly aligned. The hard ware was perfectly placed, nothing wonky or in shoddily routed cavities. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is where the guitar could do a little better. The body it self and it's hard ware are durable and reliable, (I've played this guitar in several gigs, never once has it failed me) but the paint finish is very easily chipped. There are chips on the top and bottom of my guitar, and not once have I dropped the guitar from a great height or anything of that sort. And the strap buttons, in 2 or 3 years of ownership have only failed me a total of 3 or 4 times. // 7

Overall Impression: Generally, I think this is a great starting guitar, (though you should still keep someone with some experience with tremolos close by) and it would still come in use in the later years of your guitar playing career. The versatility serves consistently, and not to mention you get much more than you pay for. Although the durability of the finish could be improved, I'd probably buy it again if it was lost. (If I had the money that is....) // 9

RG350DX Reviewed by: UHATEIT, on december 03, 2009

Purchased from: Craigslist

Features: This guitar is a 24-fret guitar, the frets are pretty thick and wide, moreso than my Epiphone. The color is a nice white color and comes with a pearloid pickguard and sharktooth inlays on the fretbooard. It comes with a black edge tremolo and whammy bar and locking nut at the top of the neck. The tuners themselves are non-locking but that doesn't really matter because of the locking nut. All the equipment on the guitar is black which looks awesome in contrast with the white guitar. I really chose this one over the RG370DX for the white color and that the top of the neck is white with black lettering which matches the mody and looks much better that it's not just a plain black neck like the RG370 model. It has a 5-way toggle switch which is great and it allows for good change in tones which I really enjoy having more tone choices to choose from. Mine came upgraded with EMG HZ passive pickups, which give a nice bitey edge to the tone and are much better than the stock ones from what I hear. Mine also came with a hardcase for storage which would not normally be included in a regular purchase obviously // 10

Sound: I play a lot of rock and metal, I absolutely love the nice bitey crispy edge of the ENG pickups on this thing, they give the tone a lot of bite and thats what I wanted, as my Eiphone began to sound to blurred and muddy for my and I wanted something more crisp. I use this with my Line 6 Spider III amp which comes with built in tones anyways so I get good sound from that and I have a Line 6 Pocket POD which gives even more tones as well. Along with this purchase the seller threw in a DigiTech RP-80 pedal which has built in drum machine and effects and wah. I haven't yet really used that but I am sure that too will make the tone of the guitar sound great. I have an issue with the output on the middle pickup (single coil). When the toggle is on any 1 of the middle 3 clicks (putting power to the single coil) there is a sound of feedback/power generating sound that I can hear in my speaker. Not sure what is causing that but it is only heard when you aren't playing anything as when you play its overpowered by the sound of the guitar. Maybe it just needs adjusting. But overall the sound of the guitar is ridiculously sweet! // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was bought used and the guy seemed to have a ton of guitars and knew a lot about them and how to work with them. He told me he just didn't like the way the guitar was setup. But overall the action seems pretty nice. I would probably want to adjust it a bit to my taste but it's completely playable. I am new to this tremelo so I don't want to mess with it and screw it all up so I'm basically leaving it where its set in regards to height and action. The pickups are setup fine, the neck is perfectly set, the single coil is a little crooked and the bridge one is definately crooked. I am not sur ehow to fix that all the way, but it looks like the pickguard is not all the way stuck to the body of the guitar and it lifted in the section between the single coil and the bridge pickup, so that could be what it making the pickups crooked since they are bolted to that pickguard. The 19th fret is also sticking up from the fretboard a tiny bit which causes definite buzzing of strings if you play past the 15th fret on the low E string, but most people don't really play that los on that string anyways, you mainly play down there on the high E string and that one isn't effected by this. Sometime I'll find out how to push it down without denting the fret itself. One of the little pegs that pushes against the low E string on the edge tremolo appears to be missing so the owner put a small black screw in there to hold the string tension tight in there which is fine, it works so it's purely cosmetic to me. The fretboard and frets could use a smooth glossing and cleaning to keep them up to date, they aren't rusted at all, but they would look better with a nice cleaning. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I am not nearly good enough to play Live so I'm not sure how that would stand up to live playing exactly, but it stays in tune well with the locking nut so I would imagine it would play pretty sweet Live. The hardware is ok, like I said the pickguard is stickign up a bit which makes the pickups not sit perfectly flat/straight so that could be an issue and the one tremolo Sting piece is missing so that could be a sign of it being cheap if that broke. Otherwise the body appears to be solid and the strap buttons are nice and tight as well. The paint finish appears to be great. White is great and shouldn't show scratches as much as a black guitar, this was my main reason for wanting a second guitar because I have a gloss black Epiphone SG and I am picky about scratches and keeping things clean so the white is great and doesn't show scratches as easily. // 7

Overall Impression: The guitar is a great match for my tone and what I play. At the time I bought this I went to see 2 guitars about a mile apart, one was this one with a hardshell case and EMG HZ pickups and the other was also this same guitar with a hardshell case but with Seymour Duncan pickups. I know people would say Seymour Duncans are better pickups for sure, but they can be more clean and bluesy than what I wanted. I know I don't have EMG active pickups, but these EMG HZ give me better tone adjustment and they give me more edge and bite which is better suited for me playing metal. Definately I would seriously recommend trying out this guitar to make sure it is what you want before you buy it. I went into Guitar Center, 2 other stores, tried this with regular pickups, tried the used ones with the Seymour Duncans and the EMG HZs and compared it with the S series and the RG370 as well. I feel that i made the best choice that I could. I have been playing for about 2 years, and am not all that good, I am still learning and it takes a lot of time and practice to get good, I am a bit strapped on time. But besides this I have an Epiphone SG which I love as well, that one seems a bit smoother and easier to play, this one is more raw and edgey. If this were stolen I'd be pretty pissed. I have found these at all different price ranges both new and used and had to look around a lot to find one around the price I was willing to pay and totally scored getting this with upgraded EMG pickups like I dreamed of having, a hardshell case, and a DigiTech RP-80 footpedal thrown in, the plastic film was still on the pickguard too, all for $220 from a guy locally on craigslist! Just got to search for deals everyone, so I would be pissed if this was taken because it took a long time to find it in such good shape and this low price. What I love is the fact I finally have a white guitar, so I don't have to see scratches. I love that I now have EMG pickups for that edgey raw sound I wanted. I also love the contrast on the black/white with the body/neck color and the black hardware. // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: Count Orlok, on april 27, 2010

Features: This guitar features Ibanez's thin Wizard 2 maple neck with rosewood fretboard. Along with 24 frets, with Shark inlays. The body is double cutaway made from basswood with a white finish and beautiful pickguard. It also an edge III double locking tremolo system (which I've found so far to be superior to a Floyd Rose in some aspects). Also, I haven't had problems with my strings coming out of tune so far, which is a good sign. The edge III definitely does a good job of keeping in tune (and I use the whammy bar like crazy, kind of my Vai and Gilmour influence there). The stock pick ups are Ibanez Infinity series, Ibanez IF-4 in the bridge, Ibanez IF-3S in the middle, and an Ibanez IF-3 in the neck. And features a five way selector switch, also it is one Ibanez's H-S-H models. Overall I feel the stock features are pretty good for the price I paid. // 8

Sound: This guitar is perfect for the style I play, which is experimental fusion type rock, mixed with post hardcore punk. I'm currently using a Line 6 Spider III (and no I do not use the "insane" channel) with an Ibanez TS-9, Boss DS-1, and Dunlop Crybaby wah. So far I've really enjoyed the sound, though the single coil can be noisy (which is to be expected from stock pick ups). The IF-3 is nice and smooth and the IF-4 has a nice crunchy sound. The IF-3s is decent, but noisy (mostly with a decent amount of gain behind it), though it's nice and bright. This guitar is perfect for lead and rhythms playing. In a clean channel it can still get pretty crunch with the bridge pick up, but it can also produce nice clean acoustic-like tones with neck or the neck/mid pick up combination. In a distorted channel the guitar is perfect for some forms of metal and hard rock. Like I said I use it for fusion/progressive playing styles. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory set up was almost perfect (I'm still considering raising the actions just a bit). The action was nice and low, but didn't have problems. The pick up set up was perfect, no noticeable problems. Just to summarize this rather easily, the guitar was essentially pristine when I found it, I did not notice any flaws or problems. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I haven't had the chance to try this in a live setting, but if it's like my first Ibanez (which was a GIO and I've had no problems with), it is definitely road worthy. Everything is solid, when I practice with my band the guitar holds up. I've never had my strap fall off (and that's the same with my cheap Ibanez too). I definitely would not need a back up (but I'd bring one anyways). I trust this guitar that much to not need one. I think the only small hit I might make against its durability, is th finish. Though I don't know yet, since I tend to protect my guitars like they're my children. // 9

Overall Impression: Like I said throughout my review, this guitar fills my needs for my style and wacky way of playing. I've been playing for four years now and I think this has been my best buy so far. I own an Ibanez IJX40 (a GIO model), a Line 6 Spider III, an Ibanez TS-9, a Boss DS-1 and NS-2, and a Dunlop crybaby wah. Also I used to own an Epi Les Paul std. I feel before I went and bought the guitar I did enough research, I looked at what I was playing and what type of sound I needed and this guitar has filled those needs. I don't think there was any looming question when I made the buy (I also compared it to a similar model, my friends RG350MDX). If this were stolen I'd cry myself to sleep and then go out and buy a new one. I feel this guitar is a step closer to the perfect guitar I've been looking for. As of now it's my baby and I wouldn't want to see it stolen. I think the things I love most about this guitar is just how well made it is and the finish. I'm not sure if there is something I hate yet. And so far my favorite feature has definitely been the Edge III tremolo, nice and close to the body and stays in tune pretty well. Before buying this I thought about several Schecter models and ESP LTD models, but overall the quality of this guitar and the fact that it had passive pick ups sold me. Also I really prefer the edge to a FR. I'm not sure there's anything I really wish it had, the guitar was built nice and anything I want in it I could just buy and add myself, which I plan to do. My final word on this guitar, is that it's great for its price and won't kill your wallet. I think it can be versatile or be made to be versatile and fit whatever genre you're playing. Ibanez never seems to cease to amaze me with the quality of work they do. Especially for how well this guitar was coming out of the factory (also I had the luxury of this guitar being at the top of the shelves at Guitar Center, so no little 13 year old punks had touched it yet). I'd definitely recommend it to anyone looking for a decent guitar that can be frankensteined to become whatever instrument you desire it to be. // 8

RG350DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 03, 2010

Purchased from: Matchetts

Features: The Ibanez RG350DX was introduced in 1998. It features an Ibanez double locking tremelo, though I am unsure if they have a model name for this. I was greatly disappointed to discover it was not a Licensed Floyd Rose and that it was not a screw in bar. The guitar features a Rosewood fingerboard, a basswood body, 24 jumbo frets and sharktooth inlays. It comes with three INF pickups, two doubles and a single. Passive. It has a 5-way selector, a volume and a tone. If you bought the white finish, it comes with a very nice white pearl scratchplate. // 8

Sound: I am a frequent metal player but I tend to play a lot of classic rock and jazz mixed into my time. I use a simple Roland amp on metal setting (only a quarter of the full distortion up) and a Boss Super Overdrive pedal. Over time, I began to detest the pickups, and replaced them with Seymour Duncan Sh-8 Invaders. It produced a far nicer sound and got rid of the buzz that I was constantly getting from the INFs no matter what amp I used. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was fine when I picked the guitar up, asides from that the strings constantly buzzed on certain frets, particuarly (poor spelling, apologies) above the 19th fret. I cannot fairly judge on the pickups, as I replaced them not long after purchasing the guitar due to constant buzzing. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would definitely not withstand live playing. Or at least not my one. The moment I touch the Tremelo it goes out of tune. Also, seeing as how it put it out of tune constantly, I never use the Tremelo and yet it has severely dipped into the body. I have had this fixed four times so far and it still drops in without me touching the Tremelo. Maybe that's because I've had the guitar for three years, but I am unsure. I believe that if the guitar was fitted with a Licensed Floyd Rose it would be fine. The finish seems to withstand any sort of punishment and has not lost it's Shine even without having to polish it. Though I noticed some paint coming off the hardwear. // 4

Overall Impression: This guitar has indeed been good to me over the three years I have owned it, but I feel that it has now run it's course. Though I can safely say out of the 5 years that I have been playing, and over four other guitars, this one has been the best and most reliable of them. I have learned arpeggios, sweeps, melody and improvisation on this guitar. It will be dearly missed. If I was to get another guitar, I would buy a Schecter. I once ran into a guy who had bought a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 with FR. We played each others guitars and I found that the neck on the C-1 and the body was the most comfortable thing I had ever played. It put my Ibanez to shame, sadly. I feel this is a good guitar for intermediate players, due to the poor reliability I have had with mine. It is easy to adapt to playing it but I feel it is not a guitar that you would be able to keep in check for a very very long time. // 6

RG350DX Reviewed by: GregAshby, on july 15, 2010

Purchased from: Musiciansfriend.com

Features: Neck: 3pc maple Wizard II neck Neck Type: Wizard II Body: Basswood body Frets: Jumbo frets Fingerboard: Bound rosewood Inlay: Sharktooth Bridge: Edge III bridge/Double locking Trem NeckPU: IBZ INF3 neck humbucker MiddlePU: IBZ INFS3 middle single-coil BridgePU: IBZ INF4 bridge humbucker Hardware color: BK Misc: 5 way selector Switch // 10

Sound: I play everything from metal to grindcore and it displays an awesome array of tones. I use a DigiTech RP155 through a Marshall MG50. It has a very clear bright top-end and a very chunky low-end with sweet warm middles. It has the ability to play in low tuning while also keeping its tone and not become muddy. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well first the action from the factory was not great, good but not great BUT it is fully adjustable and be set very low without much fret buzz. My rg is currently in Drop B. The guitar is of superior quality. It had no flaws that I noticed and was in perfect tune upon arrival. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is a very tough guitar. It has been through alot with me and it has yet to give up on me. The hardware is rock solid and I have used this guitar almost every day since it arrived on my doorstep. I loved this guitar since I layed eyes on it. I love it more every time I play do to the different tones and sounds that I can squeeze out of it! I've had this guitar for nearly two years and I have a feeling I haven't discovered its limits yet! // 10

Overall Impression: Ok so all in all I play everything. Mainly metal and alike generes but this guitar never lets me down. I have used it for the last two years and it has been my favorite guitar. Haha... It asks if it had been stolen would I get it again? Yes I most definently would! My favorite feature would be the rosewood neck and the sharktooth inlays. Its very soft and easy on the fingertips. For somthing I wish it had, hmmm, it'd be great if they made it into a 7 string model! // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: kiran_s, on january 18, 2011

Purchased from: http://www.musiciansmall.in/

Features: Made in Indonesia, not sure of the year. Rosewood fretboard with 24 Jumbo frets. Basswood body with the Wizard II maple neck (3 piece). Solid finish. Sports the Edge III tremolo (Floating bridge). Passive Ibanez Infinity pickups: INF3 (neck), INFS3 (mid), INF4 (bridge). H-S-H config. Front mounted, with pearloid pick-guard. 5-way selector switch. Volume and Tone knobs. Non-locking tuners. Came with a Gig case, audio cable, D'Addario Strings, Strap, Alen wrenches, extra sprin for changing spring tension. // 10

Sound: Well, I play classic rock and a little thrash metal.Basically, the guitar has a warm tone especially if you don't use distortion, the Acoustic tone is amazing. The neck pick up sounds very nice & heavy. Bridge pickup gives a crisp tone. But what really blew my mind away was the mid pick up! It has a funky tone that's very unique. Also, the pickups have a decent sustain. I'd be tempted to change the pickups, but for now, I'm pretty happy with the stock pick ups. I currently run the guitar through a Zoom G1XN Processor to a 20-watt Laney Amp. I have also use it without the processor on the Laney amp, a 10-watt Cort amp and a 20-watt Marshall. It sounds pretty good on all of them, Although it sounded best on the Cort. The mid pick up maybe awesome but has a noise to it. It's a light buzz, but it's audible only on high gain. But the ZNR (Zoom Noise Reduction) on my processor can clip that off. Overall, it's good for almost any kind of music, but best for Hard Rock/ Metal. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is low but it's a bit irritating cuz my pick sometimes hits the mid pickup. Otherwise, the guitar is well set. There is also a provision to adjust tremolo arm height, which I found useful. The pick ups look a bit sloppy, yet they seem study enough. I must add, I loved the finishing of the bridge and the locking nut. They are very convenient while changing strings compared to my previous Floyd Rose. Infact the bridge even has a velvet coating under it to prevent scratches on the body when changing the strings. Overall, it has a few flaws, but it seems pretty sturdy. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Judging from what I've seen, the guitar is pretty sturdy and reliable. The finishing may suffer a little wear and tear, but no matter how rough you play, the guitar can withstand it. Ofcourse, there's a limit to how much it can, but I'm sure that if you don't (literally) fling it around, the guitar will last many years. I haven't broken a string till now, which is almost a miracle cuz I tend to over bend the strings. I guess you could pretty much rely on the guitar for live playing. // 9

Overall Impression: For me, the guitar is a perfect match. It's just excellent for all styles. I've been playing around 2 years now. If my guitar was stolen (I'd never lose it), I wouldn't be able to buy it again, 'cuz my dad won't spend so much on another guitar. It's the sound that I'm totally in love with. Besides, the guitar does look beautiful, and I like the looks. I compared it some other Ibanez guitars, BC Rich, an ESP Les Paul, a PRS Les Paul, Jackson King V, but I chose this one because it was more versatile. If I ever switched my playing style, I could do so easily. Besides, it's the best you can get for the price. (And I won't lie, I also felt this one comes pretty close to Steve Vai signature JEM555, the only major difference being the pickups.) // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 02, 2011

Purchased from: Carpenders World of Music

Features: This guitar is beutifull it isn't verry flashy but that's the beuty of it. The one I got came with the white finnish but you can also buy one with a green finnish. The neack is a 3 piece 24 fret maple bolt on witch I usally have bolt ons' but Ibanez guitars that are bolt ons' (preaty much all of them) arn't squared where the neack is bolted on its rounded out so you can get thoes higher frets more confertalbly, also it has a rosewood fret board with shark-tooth inlays with jumbo frets and thin neack. It has a basswood body, with a Egde 3 floating trem that is a little bit of a pian and you need to get a profesional (unless you know how to do it your self) to tweak the trem if you whant diffrent gauge strings or have a drop tunning witch can be very time consuming. Also it didn't come with a case. But I've been looking and can't find what type of tuners it has but they are locking with bolt on nuts. The hardwhear is a Five whay selector Switch a single tone and volume knobs, 2 humbucking and 1 single coil passive infinity pickups. // 7

Sound: I've been playing guitar for 7 years and I play everything from blues, funk, punk, hard and classic rock (alot of zepplin), but mainly metal and shred and this guitar can play them all. It has a kinda of a bright sound witch is good for me because I play on a Marshal MG mini stack that is a warm solid state amp with a DigiTech Death Metal distortion, Whamy, digidaley, turbo flange, and a Morley Pro Series 2 volume and wha peadal. The guitar is very responsive both clean and distoted, the clean has a nice cime to it on this guitar espesaly on the middle single coil pickup.Also it has very nice hamonics to it, and the edge 3 trem can do annything a Floyd Rose can do but the flyod is a little bit more smother. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was factory tuned to standerd E tuning (E, B, G, D, A, E) witch is perfect for me with the.9 mm stings that came on it. I din't need to ajust the action because it was right were I like it not too high and not too low. The pickups didn't even need to be ajusted. It had an Properly routed bridge. The only flaws that I found on it was some times the high E string will get stuck underneath one of the first 5 frets and the pick up selector one the clean channel can be noisy. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has taken some abuse since I got it being droped, boucing the head some off walls multible times, tape in the whole were the whamy bar goes, and little kids steping on it (that ticked me off and its the only time I though a kid that wasn't my nine year old sister). The hardware will last and the stap buttons are solid also the finish will last too. You can depend on this guitar but I play different songs with different tunings (I also use a Dean V Inferno for drop tunings, and a Dean Exotica QUILT ASH SATIN acoustic) so I allways have more than 1 guitar with me while playing gigs. // 10

Overall Impression: like I said I've been playing for 7 years now. I play blues, funk, punk, hard and classic rock (alot of zepplin), but mainly metal and shred and this guitar is a good match. If it would get stolen I would be very upset but I would still try to buy a new one. I only don't like the reasone that you need to spend alot of time to fix the trem it you whant to do something different, but the one thing I love about this guitar is the way Ibanez bolts on there neacks and how versitile the sound is. I only wish I can get this guitar as a flying V. // 10

RG350DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 16, 2011

Price paid: C$ 499

Purchased from: Metro Sound Music

Features: I purchased this guitar 4 days ago for a retail price of $499. The sales representative knocked $50 off. It has an H-S-H config. I purchased this RG 350 DX because it had a maple fretboard. Maple fretboards give the sound a bit more of a punch. The neck is incredibly fast. Compared to my Fender strat, this guitar is a breeze to play. There are 2 knobs. A master volume and a master tone. This guitar has a floating tremelo and a locking nut. The aesthetics aren't particularly pleasing. It is a black guitar with black pickups and a maple neck with black inlays. // 8

Sound: I plug straight into my Randall G375 Combo Amp. I use the amp distortion and the amp's delay settings. I play metalish rock stuff like Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, Black Sabbath and Judas Priest. On a clean channel, the bridge pickup(humbucker) is extremely HOT and has significantly higher output than the other 2. The neck pickup(humbucker) adds a smooth silky bassy roll to the notes. The single coil in the middle is nothing special. The sound even from the single coil isn't as noisy as I thought it would be, althought there is a bit of a hum on distorted channels. You can get a wide veriety of tones with the guitar, from a searing biting bridge pickup lead, to a smooth buttery leck lead... To a crystal light melody with the single coil. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Excellent Set-up. No problems here. Pickups are adjusted very well. No flaws to speak of. Since this part of the review will not let me submit such a short review of the action, fit and finish, I will just ramble until I meet the 191 letter specification to submit this review so that other interested Ibanez fans will get to see this review, as if it has any weighing on their decision to buy this product or not. I think I covered the 191 letter specification. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar feels very solid and heavy in the hands. It feels like if I were to drop it, nothing but the finish would be affected. The hardware seems midrange, and will last a very long time. I haven't had any problems regarding hardware. Again the web page will not let me submit this review unless I type another 19 characters... Which I've just done. // 9

Overall Impression: I play metal/rock, and this guitar suits my needs perfectly. I've been playing for 12 years. I would replace it if it were stolen. I love the maple neck, high output bridge pickup and locking tremelo. I don't liek the aesthetics of it. It is a plain black guitar with black inlays and black hardware. I would compare this product to my Jackson Dinky. This guitar has a slightly faster neck. The Jackson looks sexier though. I would have paid a bit more to have the humbuckers tone split to have a push knob for single coil possibilities. // 9

RG350DX Reviewed by: sl1pk0t001, on october 07, 2011

Price paid: A$ 500

Purchased from: Music Shop in Melbourne

Features: I believe my RG350DX was made in 2010 in Indonesia just before the new models came in, it has a 24 fret 3pc maple Wizard III neck, rosewood fingerboard and a basswood body (not the best wood IMO), it has one volume pot, one tone pot and 3 passive pickups (Bridge: INF3, Middle: INFS3, Bridge: INFS4) it has a Floyd-style Edge 3 Bridge (which I have had no problems with because I have set it up properly)and is finished in gloss white with a white pearl pickguard. // 8

Sound: This guitar suits my music style quite well, I play metal, hard rock and classic rock it has very good pickup shielding and the only way I can get hum out of it (even in single coil mode) is to put it right next to my amp (within like 15 cm). I play it through a Peavey Vypyr 30 watt amp and it sounds great with nice distortion/crunch for rhythm and quite clear for soloing. I have played this through a 100 watt Engl and it sounded great also. The only dounside to the sound that I can find is that the single coils are a little bright (as it has 500k pots). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I can commend Ibanez on how they set up guitars in the factory, when I got this ax out of the box the bridge only needed a little adjustment, all the cavities (pickups, bridge etc...) were routed properly and the pickup height on mine was just right. The white finish is flawless and so is the pearl pickguard. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would withstand live playing with no worries, I would depend on it without a backup, the hardware seems quite solid and the strap buttons are immovable. The only problem in this department is that on one of the pickup adjustment screws, the paint has worn dust because of friction with my fingers. // 8

Overall Impression: As I said, I play mainly metal, hard rock and classic rock (Zeppelin etc) and this guitar does the job. I have been playing for about 2-2.5 years and if this guitar was stolen I would definitely buy either the same one or a higher end RG, the only thing I wish to do as of now is to get a better amp. // 9

RG350DX Reviewed by: iTOASTER, on june 07, 2012

Features: - Neck Material: 3pc Maple - Neck Type: WIzard III - Body: Basswood Body - Frets: Jumbo Frets - Fingerboard: Rosewood - Inlay: Sharktooth Inlay - Bridge: Edge II Tremolo Bridge - Neck Pickup: INFINITY 3 Humbucker - Middle Pickup: INFINITY 3 Single Coil - Bridge Pickup: INFINITY 4 Humbucker - Scale/Length: 648mm/25.5" - Controls: 1 Volume / 1 Tone - Toggle Switch: 5-Way Pickup Selector - Hardware Colour: Black - Finish: White // 8

Sound: This is the perfect guitar for my needs. I play mainly Metal/Hard Rock style music but I also have to play many different genres during my college course. It has a super fast thin neck for soloing but its also good for heavier chugging riffs and a nice clean tone for when you need it. I'm currently using in through a Marshall Valvestate VS100 combo and its sounds awesome, It has a warm tone and doesn't struggle to provide a clean sound when using the higher notes. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got the guitar it was pretty much ready to play. The pick ups where good to go and the action was just right. Being White the guitar shows up any imperfection on the finish but I have to say, when I first got it it looked like untouched snow. The only problem I had was the Bridge, It has the Ibanez Edge II Tremolo and its just not very stable, I've blocked it now and its much better sounding. And I can tune worry free and bend notes to my hearts content. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I've had the guitar a while now and It sees to be doing fine, I've played gigs and its held up better than some more expensive guitars I've had, I could vouch for this guitar and say I wouldn't need a back up, unless of course you wanted different tunings. I fitted Strap locks on it as soon as I got it and I recommend this to anyone else too, its not worth the risk. The finish has held up fine after time and I don't see any major problems with it wearing out any time soon. // 9

Overall Impression: Over all this is a great guitar for metal but what else would you expect from Ibanez. I had an LTD M-1000 recently and I got rid of it in favour of this Ibanez, just because its so much more diverse and the neck is the best I've ever played. I would recommend this guitar to any intermediate player out there looking for a decent guitar to gig round with. // 9

RG350DX Reviewed by: Ndanny, on july 12, 2012

Price paid: A$ 680

Purchased from: Billy and Hyde

Features: Well, you probably already know all this but 24 frets, edge 3 tremolo bridge and tis dual locking therefore does not go out of tune easily, 5 way selector. It does look really sweet might I add. Maybe a touch classy with it's white finish. Now I have to waste 15 more characters to publish this. And done. // 10

Sound: Its suits my style fairly well, playing alternative rock, nu metal, metalcore, punk, deathcore even, and experimental/avant-garde. I put it through a Randall RX25RM and it really does sound great. Pinch harmonics are picked up ridiculously well, and the heavy riffs sound as they should. Not much of a blues player but on clean and on the third selector from the 5-way selector there is a really warm expressive tone and I think with this tone I might start playing more blues. Power chords with heavy distortion sometimes have a kind of crunchy feel to it. I don't mind it but I usually prefer a thicker power chord.. But nevertheless its sounds great // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar wasn't set up that great from the factory.. Action was too low and the intonation on the low e was way out. Nothing that couldn't be fixed but obviously it was not as simple as fixing up a guitar without a tremolo. Once I adjusted the action to just a tiny bit higher, combined with such a thin neck fast playing became easier than ever. Sweep picking was really clear and fast licks just come off so much easier. Like I said earlier. The whammy on this guitar is great. Only ever goes slightly out of tune even with constant use of it. Really happy with the whammy and again, the finish on the guitar is a superb sparkling white. Might not a bit of maintenance but all guitars with tremolos do. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar was made for live playing. It will never fall off its strap the way the strap knobs are positioned, it doesn't go out of tune and there is nothing wrong with the hardware so can't see any reason why it won't withstand live playing. I would always have a backup but I doubt I'd need it as this baby is right to go. // 10

Overall Impression: Just gunna reiterate everything again (because UG prompts me to), it suits well with styles ranging from alternative rock all the way through to deathcore and blues. I've played for about 2 years now and I reckon I'd have to choose this over my Les Paul 100 I got a couple of yrs ago. If it were stolen or lost, I'd buy it again and again. Its really worth its value. Love the whammy, and love its versatility. I did compare it to many other guitars and originally I wanted the RG570 but it turns out they don't even make it anymore and there was nothing on eBay. So this was the next best thing for a low price. But I'm rather glad I couldn't get the RG570 now. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ DT520 Destroyer 8.3 Electric Guitars 09/29/2014