RG350EX Review

8.1
reviews (26) pictures (1) 78 comments vote for this gear:
RG350EX Reviewed by: Fate_of_Man, on december 19, 2005

Purchased from: americanmusical.com

Features: It's a solid guitar, made in 2004 in Korea. It has 24 jumbo frets, there nice lots of room for bends and vibirato. Wizard II neck. Its a bolt on neck real solid thou, held up pretty good with the bends I to on it. It has a cool shark tooth inlay they call it on the neck, it's got floyd rose copy bridge on it, the Edge III they call it. It's also got those lockin nuts to go with it. 3 pickups 2 hum and 1 coil, 5-way Switch with them. 1 volume and 1 master tone nobs. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of stuff from metal to clean, depends on how I feel. This guitar is for the multi style guitarist, with the 5 way Switch you get a big range in sounds, each position has a different sound its great. I have a Line 6 Spider 2 210 I play though, this guitar sings with all the different sound this amp has. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Was set up pretty good from the factory, execpt the cheap 42 gauge strings on it. The bridge pickup was a little loose I just tightend the screw no biggie. It was nice and clean with I got it no flaws. The action is low on the wizard neck so it buzzes a little on the frets 1 threw 5 but it doesn't come through the amp so no worries there. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Here's the catch on the hole thing. The guitar is cold natured. I got mine in the summer, did great stayed in tune very well. But when winter hit ahhhh, the strings don't stay in tune as long, I have to check it every other day, the intonation goes off about twice a week, so I have to fix it myself or go to the guitar tech guy in town (intonation is the length of the string from the bridge to the stringing nuts on the head). The nobs and bridge rust up or oxidized, Ibanezes do that for some reason. The strap buttons are solid, the guitar seems to me that it will last a long time if I dont snap in half this winter out of anger over the intonation. Dont use the wammy bar with this bridge tuning goes off right away. It plays very will when I jam with my friends, but if I played live during the winter have a backup just in case the intonation goes off and it will. // 5

Overall Impression: This guitar fits my style perfectly. Wide range of styles and sounds. I have been playin for about 8 years and had this guitar for 9 months. I plan to get another Ibanez, the SZ720, its stringthrew with a fixed bridge so no intonation problems. I wished I had known about how sensetive it is to weather changes or I would have saved up move for one that had the orginal floyd rose bridge on it. If it was stolen I would be pissed very much because my last guitar was stolen and I had to work long days for months to get this one. But I might get this one again just to have one to pick up and jam. I love the sound on this guitar I just hate the bridge and the intonation problems. I would love to put a real orginal floyd rose on this instead of the cheap copy. It holds up very well in the summer just the winter and cold tempatures mess with the metal of the bridge. This guitar is very fast playin havnt had any complants from other people about feel and speed. // 8

RG350EX Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 22, 2006

Features: I won't bother listing the spec as you can get that else where. At first, the shift to 24 frets was difficult becasue I'd instinctively knew where they all were on my old guitar. When I bought the guitar, I also bought a small tuner, patch lead and strap locks (which I recomend). // 8

Sound: The Infinity pickups perform alot better than I was hoping. The neck pickup provides exactly what I was looking for, a smooth, mellow tone, which responds well to higher frequencies. I run it, usually clean through a Vox AD30VT amp, and the combination of the valves and these pickups works a treat. If I use a pedal, it is my Korg, but this impairs the overall sound quality, so I try to avoid it. Thebridge pickup has a lush sound which cuts through the mud of cheaper pickups. My favourite set upo at the moment is the single coil/neck pickup combo, with the tone down slightly. This is perfect for alot of Satch and tapping and just sounds great. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The bridge is set very far forward on the D string to achieve the correct intonation, I'll get an expert to look at this soon. The jumbo frets are fantastic, it is incredibly easy to play bar chords. I plan to replace the plastic scratchplate with a mirror finish stainless steel one in the near future which will greatly enhance its looks. The plastic one is alright but scratches easily and looks slightly tacky. For the small price, I think Ibanez should put metal scratchplates on as standard. There is practically zero buzzing when you are not playing. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can definatly stand up to the rigours of everyday playing. I havn't had a chance to play it live yet but I am perfectly confident that it will be fantastic. I replaced the standard strap buttons with schall locking ones which I got form the shop when I bought the guitar, I definatly recomend these as there is no way your axe will fall off, even with the oldest strap. The Edge III bridge performs fantastically under eventhe heaviest whammying. I rarely use the tremolo, but decided to go for a guitar with one for the rock solid tuning, which the Edge provides. // 10

Overall Impression: I play all sorts of music styles from AC/DC to christian worship songs, and this guitar fits the bill. The body has a very in your face attitude with sharp cut outs and the jst black finish adds to this. If it was stolen, I would definatly buy it again as I think it is the best specced guitar for the price. I am not a great fan of Fender as I believe they are rediculously over priced, and they never change their style, where as Ibanez update technology and style annually. // 10

RG350EX Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 23, 2005

Purchased from: zzounds.com

Features: It's a 2005 Japanese Ibanez. Comes with 24 jumbo frets. 3 piece Wizard II neck, basswood body, jumbo frets on a bound rosewood board, Edge Pro III bridge, INF3 neck and INF4 bridge, INFS3 single pickup, available in black. 5-way pickup selector with a H/S/H pickup configuration. Double-locking system. // 10

Sound: It suits totally my music style. I play from really heavy rock and this guitar is a metal machine! I'm using a DigiTech RP200A and a Vox Patfinder and it sounds perfect! It isn't noisy at all and has a huge variety of sounds. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was a little too low from the factory but it was really easy to fix it with the manual it came with. It came perfect from the factory, the pickups came well arranged from factory. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would use this guitar without any backup, I really trust it, everything in this guitar seems to be lasting almost for ever. // 10

Overall Impression: I play heavy metal and almost every music style and this sexy guitar fits everything. I have been playing for 4 years and haver experienced with Strats, Les Pauls, SGs and this baby blows them away. I would buy it even if it was stolen. Good job Ibanez! // 10

RG350EX Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 05, 2005

Features: For over 15 years, the RG series has been the undisputed standard in guitars for the hard rock player. The Wizard II is 2mm thicker than the super-thin, super-flat Ibanez Wizard. Basswood is a comparatively lightweight wood, which makes it very comfortable for extended playing. With a good balance of highs and lows, basswood is right in between alder and mahogany in sound character. The jumbo frets offer easy playing for leads and chording. The fixed bridge design offers thru-body stringing for stronger tone and sustain. // 10

Sound: I play alot of '80s rock and this guitar is perfect for it, with the brige humbucker turned on. I am using a Fender FM212R for this guitar and the guitar sounds great, the amp has no effects but still a good sound. Sometimes the middle position of the Switch makes noise but other times it don't. The guitar has excellent sound and different tones with the Switch in different places. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was great when I played it first and I haven't changed anything about the setup of the guitar. The pickup are well adjusted for the guitar, there not too close to the strings but not too far away, the pickups are not very tight because you can move them with your finger but there not loose enough to fall out. There is a little chip of paint off the point of the guitar, not really enough to notice and the pickup selecter is a bit loose but nothing to worry about. // 8

Overall Impression: I play '70s and '80s rock and I couldn't ask for a better guitar. I've only been playing for about a year and I havent bougnt an amp yet, I'm using a relitaves Fender FM212R 100watt which has a pretty good sound. If this guitar was stolen I'd cirtantly buy a new one if I could. // 10

RG350EX Reviewed by: lshaddock, on december 01, 2010

Purchased from: Gamlins

Features: Has a great thin neck with 24 frets, so you can get harmoni right down low. Pretty sure it's made from rosewood. Black body with mirror finish silver pickguard. The neck has a kind of lightning shape in every 2nd fret which adds to the appearance of the guitar. Really deep cut out for easier solo slide action onto the higher frets. Passive electronics. The volumes given are just simply a volume and tone knobs. Also it has a 5-way Switch which allows you to choose between the 2 humbuckers and the single pickup. // 9

Sound: If your looking for a guitar that can deliver a punch when playing songs from heavy metal down to pop punk this is the right guitar for you. I am using a Marshall amplifier 65 watt, which makes the guitar sound even meatier. I also bought a Zoom G2 pedal to go with it but with the combination of the guitar and amplifier (both great) I hardly ever use it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Don't get me started on the action! The action on this guitar is AMAZING. No other word for it. The only way I can describe how light you have to push down is like pushing your fingerrs into butter. Strange way to describe I know but it is immense, trust me. If you have difficulty with your action just play around with the springs a bit in the back until you get the right feel. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can definately withstand hard playing for days non stop. Put together with high quality Ernie Ball strings and you get the ultimate guitar. The only problem I can say about the durability off this guita is that if your not soft with the allen key tightning and losning the top screws, the inside thread may wear down which has happened to me once in four years. But I bought new ones very easily and cheap. // 9

Overall Impression: I play pop punk and touch on a little bit of metal and hard rock and this guitar suits them all. I been playing for five years and this is the best guitar so far. I have tried fenders, gibsons, jacksons, and many more but I always will prefer Ibanez. Ibanez are far cheaper to buy and if I'm honest with you they're a great deal better than any other guitar. // 10

RG350EX Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 14, 2008

Price paid: € 400

Purchased from: www.musicorama.gr

Features: The jumbo frets really help me playing fast, but I would prefer something more difficult for practising. This is clearly a show guitar. Black finish and the inox-like pickguard on a superstrat is what I love, but the chrome knobs get dirty and take colours like the rainbow. Volume and tone controls given, I like the knobs are not so close to the strings but the tremolo is kinda low and hits the volume knob when it is slightly pressed. // 9

Sound: I play mostly hard and glam rock but I also like having this not-so-acoustic clear sound, like Pink Floyd. I'm using it with a Roland Cube 20W and a Rocktron Metal Planet Distortion pedal, I can say it offers a great range and variety of sounds if you have enough control-knobs on your amp. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The pickups were 100% correct adjusted and the guitar was perfectly set-up, except the low tremolo arm which hits the volume knob. The bridge also needed some tightening because it was kinda loose. The hardware at the bridge also started to lose the paint and oxidize not after a month of purchasing. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I would use nothing without a backup, but I believe this is a guitar that withstands Live playing for hours. I also believe this is a decade-lasting guitar, but I haven't checked the reliability on low temperatures. I don't think I'll need it, I mostly need a guitar to withstand very high temperature, which RG350EX is perfect at. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar perfectly fits me. My favourite feature is the 24-fret neck and the jumbo frets, but I should have asked for a fixed-bridge version because I don't use the trem that much and I would have probably paid a bit less. It couldn't be lost because I take more care of it than I do with myself, but if it was stolen I would steal one same too! I wish it had a rocket launcher, but I think I can get one! // 10

RG350EX Reviewed by: IronMaidenRules, on november 18, 2008

Purchased from: Marguerite's Music

Features: I bought my RG new in early 2007. It was made in Indonesia, and was a pretty decent quality. It has 24 jumbo frets, which are pretty well seated (no tangs sticking over the sides or anything like that.) The inlay's are called "sharktooth" but I personally thought they looked more like icicles. It's got a sharp, Strat style body made of basswood, so it's nice and light. I think the best feature of this guitar is probably the neck. It's a 3-piece maple wizard II, really fast and smooth. The pickups are great, nice crunch compared to the other passives out there. The addition of the single coil in the mid position is great, and makes for some nice clean tones as well. The bridge is an Ibanez edge III, which needs to be maintained regularly or it will be pretty much terrible for you. Lube the nut and the contact points on the bridge, and it will work fine. The only real problem I've had with it are the controls. It has 2 knobs, volume and tone, which are made out of a burnished chrome looking metal, that tarnishes easy. That's not really a big deal though, as it doesn't affect the sound at all. // 8

Sound: It has 3 pickups, all Duncan Infinitiy. In the bridge and neck positions, they use an INF3 (neck) and an INF4 (bridge). Between the two, there is an INFS3 single coil, which produces good cleans. I've played it through plenty of different amps, and the tone and sound is pretty reliable. They have plenty of crunch, and are sensitive enough to pick up on the delicacies of your playing, while still being able to filter out plenty of the noise. When I bought it, the pickups were a little too far away from the strings for my taste, so I had to raise them, but other than that, there was no problem. Another thing to note, these pickups don't have a tonal change when they are raised or lowered, it just increases sensitivity, output. The bass and treble ranges stay virtually solid. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish was solid and smooth, no problems at all. The metallic pickguard looked great and scratch free. The best part of the finish had to be the neck. It has a very light and even gloss, making it feel almost satin like, really smooth and fast. The action and pickup adjustment were pretty bad when I got it, though. The intonation was perfect, but the strings were far too low, and the pickups were barely protruding from the pickguard. One thing to note is that it is an Edge III trem, so you have to maintain it to keep it problem free. A lot of people bitch and moan about how crappy of a bridge it is, but if you keep the contact points on the bridge lubed, as well as the nut, it should work just fine. The tuning stays pretty stable, I don't have to mess with it too much, other than turning the dials on the bridge every now and then. (I don't really use the whammy bar that much though, but when I do, it still keeps it's tuning) // 8

Reliability & Durability: The tuning can take a beating, but the guitar seems pretty delicate. Due to the thin-ness of the neck, it bends up pretty easily, so you have to adjust the truss every now and then. It's a good stage guitar for the money, though. It may seem a little brittle, but holds up under pressure. Just don't expect it to survive through too much banging around. // 8

Overall Impression: I play all kinds of stuff, mostly metal. Don't let the looks fool you, it may give the impression of a shred machine, but this will handle anything you throw at it (even jazz). The neck feels great, and the bridge is decent. The pickups are a good mix to play virtually anything. If you need a versatile guitar, and aren't concerned about how it will be perceived visually (will your blues band be cool with it? ) than this is a great guitar. // 9

RG350EX Reviewed by: katalyzt13, on november 24, 2010

Purchased from: musiciansfriend.com

Features: I received this guitar in February 2010, and I believe it was made in 2010 in Indonesia. This has 24 Jumbo frets. The body is made of basswood, with a superstrat RG body style. The bridge is an Ibanez Edge III (which is very similar to a Floyd Rose), with the Wizard II neck. This guitar has two humbuckers and a single coil in the middle position, they are all Infinity Pickups. The tuners are non-locking, but there is a locking nut, so the tuners aren't a big deal. // 8

Sound: When I first bought this guitar I was on a kick playing Megadeth and Steve Vai tunes, and this guitar suited that style very well. I use several different amplifiers, but the ones I own and use the most are a Line 6 Spider III 30, an older Vox (don't know the model) and a generic battery powered practice amplifier (for practicing while traveling). The only effects I really use are an Ibanez Delay pedal, and a Dunlop Crybaby Wah. The pickups truly allow a wide range of options of sound. While several people have praised the pickups in this guitar as the second coming, the truth is they are decent pickups, and they provide a good variety of tones, but they aren't GREAT or SPECTACULAR, they are just pretty good. These pickups are not wound for a country or blues tone, despite many people on here saying these can cover anything. You CAN play blues or country on this guitar, but it isn't going to sound as good as a guitar that was not designed for METAL. You can't forget this model was definitely designed for shredding and metal. Also, several people talk about tuning stability with the EDGE III bridge, but honestly, it seems to stay in tune very well unless there is a sudden temperature change, which would affect any stringed instrument. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish on this guitar was immaculate. The action and intonation was also perfect except I did have to adjust the intonation on the B string only. When I received this guitar I immediately put on a set of Ernie Ball 9-42's and the action was perfect - super low without buzzing and the neck was super fast - you could fret chords/notes very intuitively because so little effort was required. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have some issues with the hardware after owning this guitar about 9 months. The screws holding the pickguard in place are beginning to rust. The metal of the bridge is beginning to discolor. The knobs are becoming very tarnished. The edge of the pickguard (which is made of plastic) appears to be trying to curl up. The fret wire was beginning to rust as well. I had to do some serious maintenance work on this thing. I had to remove the strings, polish the fret wire, rub lemon oil into the neck (the rosewood seemed to be drying out faster than it should), replace the screws holding the pick guard on, and spent a LOT of time polishing the bridge and knobs trying to remove the discoloration. After all of this, the discoloration remains on the knobs and bridge. The pickguard is still curling upwards. The guitar is still very playable, though...just depressing watching it get SO ugly SO fast. // 5

Overall Impression: I play a wide range of music, and I have been playing a little over 4 years. I keep this guitar in the Ibanez MC100 fitted case (I may have the model of the case wrong - it is the fitted hard case for the RG series) and I keep moisture beads, etc. in the case. While this guitar plays very well, very fast neck, awesome neck profile, the pickups are very acceptable, the tremolo works great - I can't get over the cosmetic degeneration of this guitar. I take good care of my instruments and for whatever reason this guitar just isn't holding up - it is only cosmetic at this point, but how long before there is a functional issue because of this? If this was lost, I would not buy this product again. While I love Ibanez as a brand, this guitar has disappointed me, because I buy equipment to last and this doesn't seem to be doing that. I would maybe replace this guitar with an older model RG, because the hardware seems to hold up better, and then I'd drop an EDGE pro bridge in there instead of the EDGE III. This is a nice guitar as an entry into a "floyd rose" type bridge. In the future, if I buy another guitar, it would probably be a G&L Tribute Series S-500, as it more fits with my current taste in playing, and I have other guitars that can do Metal passably well. // 7

RG350EX Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 26, 2006

Purchased from: Local Store

Sound: Okay, the neck humbucker is awesome for leads. So warm and smooth. I use the bridge humbucker for mostly rhythm, but I do occasional leads with it. I hate the middle single coil, it hums like nobody's business. I use a Carvin SX half stack and this guitar can cover anything except extreme black metal (of course, why don; t you just buy a 7 string for that). // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup better than I expected. The tremolo was not floating when I took it out, but it didn't pull back, so it didn't go out of tune when I used the tremolo. I set it up to float now, and it still holds amazing tune. The Edge III trem's are something else, man. The action was crazy low when I got it. I raised it to my preference and there is no fret buzz, but the 19th fret has a dead note under the A string. The frets are huge, so I'll go get them dressed, but this shouldn't be happening on any guitar of any price. Wang-Chung didn't do so hot of an inspection, I guess. But other than that, no problems. Oh, one of the screws that holds the locking nut in fell out because it wasn't tightened. // 7

Reliability & Durability: Nothing so far, frets are lasting fairly well and the tremolo still holds tune, so I know it's not having any functionality problems. // 9

Overall Impression: I play any form of Rock (classic, metal, blues) and this guitar does it all very well. I must admit, I'm glad Steve Vai plays Ibanez's because I would've never picked this axe up. I'm a definate Ibanez fan and just sold my Jackson DK2 Dinky to buy a Ibanez RG350DX so I have one in black and white now. Good axes for $400 and are definately the perfect intermediate guitar, no matter what genre you play. Give them a try, they're worth it. // 9

RG350EX Reviewed by: b@u3r_h0rst, on june 05, 2006

Purchased from: Local Dealer (Amptown)

Features: This one's a really solid Japanese built monster with 24 jumbo frets, a solid basswood body in somekinda Stratocaster style with the floyd-rose-tremolo-copy called "Edge III" as bridge and a maple neck (Wizard II) with rosewood scale (white borders). 2 hums and a single (Ibanez house brand) in combination with a 5-way switch get a great sound out of this wonderful piece of wood. The pickguard is aluminium-colored and the mechanics are cosmo black. // 9

Sound: When I heard the sound of this guitar first, I couldn't believe how great it sounds in clean and overdrive settings! The sound fits perfectly to play heavy metal and hard rock (for example Metallica, Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden) lead guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought the guitar in a music store, "Amptown", in Hamburg(Germany) last week. It was set-up perfectly. The only thing this guitar has is the tremolo. If it's used too hard, it destroys the tuning. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Although I would never play a gig without a backup, I would trust this guitar. It seems to be very solid and reliable, the strap buttons are made to stand even hard situations and long gigs, the body-finish is good and last but not least it holds the tuning a long time (if you don't use the whammy too often). // 9

Overall Impression: I started playing the guitar two and a half years ago. I decided to play heavy metal and hard rock and I'm happy that I got this guitar, 'cause it fits to my gear (80W combo amp + multieffect-pedal). The only thing it could have is an original floyd-rose-trem, but nothing's perfect. // 9

RG350EX Reviewed by: unregistered, on november 15, 2006

Features: The Ibanez that I bought was made in Korea, in 2005. It includes 24 jumbo frets with a Wizard II neck (super easy to play on). It's a beautiful guitar, I went with the white color instead of black since I have so many other black guitars already. It's got a floating bridge (locking nut and all, basically an Ibanez version of floyd rose) and it plays amazingly great for an Ibanez. It's got passive pickups, got the INF series, 2 humbuckers and and a single coil. It's got the INF3 humbucker for the Neck pickup, INFS3 for the single coil middle pickup and my most favorite pickup of all time the INF4 for the bridge pickup. It has 2 knobs (volume+tone) and a 5 way selector Switch. The guitar came with a very good whammy bar, allen keys and a set of extra 42 gauge strings. In my opinion this is the best guitar in my fleet of guitars. // 9

Sound: I play mostly metal, in fact that's actually all I play. Mostly Lamb Of God (if you're looking at newer bands) to Slayer or Metallica. The tone on this baby is the best I've ever heard. I swear to god if you Switch the pickups on this (specifically the INF4) like that one guy said in a previous review I will bludgeon you to death (just kidding =P ). Trust me, I have a lot of guitars and a lot of pickups, the INF4 literally beats the crap out of my EMG configuration on my Warlock (EMG 60/85). All that and it's not even an active pickup! This guitar is perfect for pinch harmonics (as long as you don't switch out the INF4 that is). The action I might also add is super low w/ absolutely no buzz, it's perfect. It's as if you were "gliding" across the fret board when playing. Very very good action on this guitar out of the "box". Right now my practice amp does it justice, which is the Line6 Spider II 112, but once you plug it into my Peavey JSX head/cab combo or my Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier, prepare to blown away. Perfect tone. The INF3 is my only complain, if you want to Switch that out go for it, you can't get the more deeper/warmer tones with that pickup, but for distortion/overdriven the INF4 is fantastic. There's a lot of variety when it comes to this guitar, hell I could play acoustic through this thing if I wanted to buy switching to the middle pickup. And definitely, the sound is very bright and vibrant (when you're using the bridge pickup). // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Action wise, as stated before, was perfect. I didn't have to adjust it, in fact I'm so used to the action on the Ibanez I had to lower the action on my other guitars or else it just doesnt't "feel" right. I did have to elevate the INF4 a wee bit to get the perfect sound out of it, but otherwise it was awesome. The thing is, whenever I buy a guitar, I always finetune the pickups, so far out of all my guitars, this one required the least amount of finetuning (a whopping 45 seconds) to get just right. There were absolutely no flaws to this guitar, after some contemplation I decided to "set" the bridge so tuning wouldn't be a problem (lots of palm mutes in what I play). So I added 2 more springs on the back (there were 3 originally), but divebombs are still possible, you just can't yank back on the whammy bar. But this is not a flaw at all, just personal preference. Everything about this guitar is perfect, I would pay 600+ dollars for this one if need be. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Live playing? Absolutely. No doubt about it, in fact my band and I are gonna putting on shows come January and for sure I'll be using this. This guitar was built to last, I've accidently dropped it once already, not even a scracth. Strap buttons are godsends in my opinion for this guitar, they're so rugged it's laughable to compare them to my other guitars. I would definitely never use any guitar w/o a backup, but this one I will make a special exception, it's such a sexy looking guitar but best of all, it plays insanely good. // 10

Overall Impression: For the type of music I play it is perfect, anyone that plays metal should consider getting this guitar. I have absolutely no regret or second thoughts on this guitar, it was the perfect buy. If it were stolen I would go find the SOB responsible and beat him to a pulp, if it were lost I would def. buy it again b/c for 400 dollars this guitar is simply the best deal you can find. I love the way it looks (it's white) and I love the way it plays. The only thing I hate about this guitar is that I don't have a good enough case for it. Favorite feature for me would be the fact that pinch harmonics are stupidly easy to pull off on this thing (I love the INF4, thanks to this guitar I discovered that pickup, I didn't even know what an INF pickup was before I bought this). // 10

RG350EX Reviewed by: Warheart1188, on december 04, 2006

Purchased from: Georges Music

Features: The manufacturing date and location are unknown to me, I was too busy having fun with this guitar! The RG350EX sports an amazing Wizard II bound maple neck (though I prefer Prestige necks) with 24 extra jumbo frets and on rosewood fingerboard with skarktooth inlays. The basswood body has a black finish with a mirror pickguard-how cool is that?! This axe comes equipped with DiMarzio designed Infinity pickups which sounded amazing to my suprise with a H/S/H setup for many tonal possibilities. The Edge III bridge is amazing, way better than any Floyd Rose I've ever used. From the dive bombs with aplomb to pulling the bar to raise notes, this guitar stayed perfectly in tune. // 10

Sound: The combination of the basswood body and the Infinity pickups gave me an amazing tone through my cheap Fender 100 watt amp. I mean, it doesn't compare to playing something like, say a JEM through a Marshall stack (which sounds like you're in heaven) but this guitar provides a tone I'll be satisfied with for years to come. The sound it gave provided many tones from metal to rock to bluesy tones. And the addition of a single coil in the middle provides other tonal possibilities. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was low enough to not have any buzzing and just right for shredding. The strings were like .10's with is good for someone like me. The pickups were set up just right as well. There were no flaws what-so-ever with this particular guitar and the mirror pickguard made it well worth the money. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar seems like it won't die. The guitar is light but it feels like it can withstand anything, it's so durable. The hardware wasn't cheaply made and felt just right. If I had only this guitar, I'd be happy. It's very reliable and I can always depend on it. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall, I love this guitar. I play mostly shred/speed metal material and this guitar is perfect for it. But I also play blues, rock, jazz/fusion, classical and this axe is well suited for all of those as well. The mirror pickguard, the Wizard II neck and the Edge III bridge are what I love most about this guitar. It's so versatile, only it's looks can dissuade anybody from buying it ('cause it lokks like a metal guitar). // 10

RG350EX Reviewed by: Jik2, on december 06, 2007

Features: The RG350EX's box has the words "made in Indonesia" at the bottom so it was probably made there. It has 24 rosewood jumbo frets with sharktooth inlays, basswood body, in a certain encyclopedia website, it says that the RG series are based on the superstrat concept, so this is a kind of superstrat, I guess. It also has an Edge III locking tremolo and a locking nut, a really cool metal pickguard and the INF3, INFS3, and INF4 pickups. The package comes with some allen wrenches, a guitar lead, and a black tremolo arm. It's just a minor bummer because it came with no manual whatsoever so I had to go to the official website to get a PDF copy. // 9

Sound: I play old school licks, study shred guitar, and play a little bit of metal. I really like the coil splitting where you can split the humbuckers into single coils and combine them with the middle pickup for a brighter tone. I find it versatile, as the tones produced by positions 2 and 4 are really great for "sounds like" acoustic guitar playing, though they're not comparable to real single-coil tone. I understand why the INFS3 hums because I know it is really a single coil. I don't use it much anyway, unless I'm on the clean channel. I'm using a no name amplifier with a crappy overdrive channel but I am pleased with the sound the guitar produces. What more if you use a Fender Showman amp (my bandmate owns one, by the way)? I am satisfied with the INF pickups even though some people avoid them like measles. I won't replace them, at least not yet. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When we bought the guitar, it had a fairly high action, but I never bothered to lower the strings because I'm used to high action anyway. Besides, lowering the strings too much toward the body would allow them to get stuck with the pickups and the frets whenever you pull up on the trem. A lot of guitarists here at UG claim that Edge III is crap, and that it goes out of tune very quickly. Because of such claims, after buying the guitar and getting home, I started abusing the trem, pushing and pulling on it until I loosened the strings. I retuned every string which went out of tune as I abused the trem even more. After a few hours, I finally noticed that whenever I pushed the trem bar down to perform a divebomb, the strings would have perfect tuning every time. The problem was that every time I pulled up on the bar to make the harmonics scream, the lower strings go out of tune. I figured out that maybe the friction points of the guitar weren't allowing the bridge to consistently return to the neutral position where the strings would be in perfect tune. I decided to place a drop of oil on the points where the two stud bolts touch the tremolo, then swung the trem bar up and down to let the oil flow through the contact points. After that, my guitar always returns to perfect tuning whenever I get violent on the tremolo. The only thing I wasn't able to remedy was the tremolo bar stability. Whenever I push and pull on the trem, the bar would start slipping out of the hole. Though it won't completely pop out of the holder, it really gets annoying when you have to push the bar back down just for it to stay there. The body contours are really comfortable and whether you play sitting down or standing up with a strap. No problem at all. There's a very slight problem I've encountered with the neck joint. Every time I get wild with the Edge III, the neck would produce a cracking sound, but maybe it's just with this particular guitar. I may have this checked by a technician. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I believe this guitar would withstand live playing but the owner must be very careful with the bridge finish. The manual says that chemicals from sweat can corrode the bridge finish, so it is ideal that the player has a cleaning cloth ready for wiping the bridge in between songs. The strap buttons are very stable and don't loosen up although the guitar is comparatively heavier than my previous guitar. I think every guitar can last a lifetime if the owner treats it with care and respect. The black finish is great which goes well with the pickguard, but I think it's fairly thin because I can see the wood grain when light hits the body, albeit very faintly. However, I don't think the paint would peel off from the body very easily. // 9

Overall Impression: The guitar is really made for me! It is just right for my type of tunes and styles. I have been playing for 2 years now and this is my first locking tremolo system, and I think it is great. Maybe I should have asked for a manual when I bought this guitar, but I guess it's fine now. I'd be really upset if this guitar gets stolen because it took me three years just to earn half of what this costs. It may take me six years just to get the money again, and by then this particular model may have phased out by then. // 9

RG350EX Reviewed by: SuperChicken, on december 10, 2007

Purchased from: De Snaar

Features: Manufactured in 2007, in Japan I think. Has a thin and flat bolt on 3 pc Wizard II neck about 20mm thick for more speed and playability, and it works! It has a bound Rosewood fretboard and it also has 24 jumbo frets, which make it easier to play. A solid Basswood body with a black finish. It has a beautiful flat mirror-like pickguard, that's why I like it's looks. And a nice pointy double cutaway. It has an Edge III Pro floating tremolo and locking tuners. And about the controls. A shiny Volume and a Tone knob, and a 5-way selector. The pickups are double humbucker/single coil/double humbucker. It came with some tools. Wrenches, the tremolo bar, a // 9

Sound: I usually play rock/metal, and it suits nicely with my guitar. I have to play Pop and soft stuff for my guitarlessons, and that is not a problem at all! I use it with a Roland Cube 20X amp and I use a lot of distortion. Usually I select only the bridge humbucker with the 5-way selector, and I love the sharp edge that gives to the riff. I don't have any complaints about the sound, although it's a bit thin sometimes. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't remember it that well how the setup was when I got it. But I've heightened the bridge humbucker. But that's just a personal preference, because I like a sharp edge in my riffs. But my tremolo bar is really loose! It just drops out of there. I don't use it anymore though, because I have had my tremolo blocked. I don't like floating tremolos and I don't use it much either. // 9

Reliability & Durability: As long as you don't smash it it will survive a gig. But if you yank the neck hard, you'll get a tremolo effect. The strap buttons are regular, but I would use a sturdy strap because the guitar fell on my toes once. I bought an Ibanez strap after that. The finish seems lasting, however it's got a lot of scratches on the back but that's normal with a lot of playing. Haven't really got scratches on the front, and it doesn't seem to wear off easily. // 8

Overall Impression: As I said before, this guitar goes well with any style. I've been playing for 3 years, and I own a bass (an Ibanez BTB200 IPF) as well. There is one thing I hate about this thing. The floating tremolo! When you want to drop the E string, all the other strings go up. So by the time you tuned it, you're sometimes litteraly tuning for more than an hour before you got it right. That's why I had my tremolo blocked, and I don't regret it. Because I play in alternate tunings, like Drop D and stuff, it's taking really long to tune. And my tremolo bar is really loose. It just drops on the floor when you even move a little bit. But I don't use the bar anymore, so I don't care that much. But other than that, it's just good quality. A good guitar for novices and advanced players! It would survive a world tour. // 9

RG350EX Reviewed by: Rectification, on february 13, 2008

Features: Made around 2007, in Indonesia. The neck is 25.5", Rosewood fingerboard with Sharktooth inlays, 24 frets. Black Metallica finish with a silverish pickguard. Superstrat style, basswood body with an Edge III floating tremolo (No matter how many people say this bridge sucks, I still don't believe them). There are 3 IBZ-INF pickups, double humbuckers and a single coil; with 1 volume and 1 tone knobs along with a 5 way lever Switch. Of course, because of the floating tremolo this guitar has a locking nut. // 9

Sound: I play a lot of kinds of music, from Heavy Metal to Classic and everything in between. I run this through my Marshall VS256 130W amplifier, and I say it sounds badass. I get a crazy overdrive with the neck/bridge pickup, or a smooth acoustic sound with the single coil. The sound on these pickups is tremendous, best stocks I have ever used. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up really good at the factory, no flaws or anything. Everything was routed perfectly, the only adjustment I had to do was with the Edge III bridge. I had a hard time trying to set up the bridge at first because I wasn't really experienced with floating tremolos. As I said, black metallic finish with a silver pickguard. The action was pretty good, it's pretty easy to slide all around the neck with these frets. I needed no adjustment with the action, apart from the tremolo arm hitting the volume control. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would totally withstand Live playing; the hardware can last for years if you know how to maintain it right. The strap buttons are really solid, and the lightweight of the guitar doesn't leave me worried that it would fall from my hands. I can depend on this guitar 100%, I would use it at a gig, but of course, you cannot rely on only 1 guitar at a gig, even if you are sure that nothing would happen to it. This guitar seems that it will last for a lot of time, but only if the owner knows how to maintain and keep good care of it. // 10

Overall Impression: As I've said, I play a wide variety of music styles. This guitar is the best match for all those that I have tried so far. I've been playing for more than I remember, I also own an ESP EX model. If this guitar was stolen I'd probably get another model or brand (Just for a change), but I totally rely on this axe. I love everything about this guitar; apart from setting up the bridge, which is a common problem with most people. I'd totally recommend this guitar for anyone, because this has been a great buy for me. Of course, I cannot give this guitar a 10, because no guitar deserves a 10/10; it is only a matter of opinion. Remember that this is just my own opinion, a lot of other people probably have other opinions about this, this is just to help you with your decision if you want to buy it. // 9

RG350EX Reviewed by: georgez, on july 28, 2008

Price paid: € 443

Purchased from: Thomann.de

Features: The guitar is made in Korea. It has 24 jumbofrets on it and Wizard neck which is very thin. It is fast to play and won't get thicky even with cocacola. RG350EX is made of basswood and I think it's good. The bridge is EdgeIII which is kinda pricy. It's very good and reliable. The guitar has one wolume and one tone controls. There are 3 pics, two hums and one singlecoil. Theyare Ibanez's Infinite. Tuners have locks which is a real twobladesword: in the gigs it remains the tuning well but you also need a key to open them if changin teh tune. They send me gigbag and strap with guitar. // 8

Sound: This guit suits to my music well though it's a real heavyguitar. I play rock and pop and prog. I use Yamaha Amps, Marshall VS 80v, Fender FM212r. As effects I use Dunlop wah. This guitar is not noisy, it's almost dead silent when not playing. The sound depends on the pic you're using but mostly the sound is rich. The variety is from church to satanworshippingmusic. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar is beautiful piece. The factory settings were good, only cheapstrings were bad. It has very "cool" outfit. The sharp cuts of Strat lines and jaws in teh fretboard. I don't like how it is. I don't like this kind of heavyguitars anymore but it has been mine for one year now and things change in year really much. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Guitar is good at gigs. The tune remains same 'cause the locks. Only if you must change tuning it's bad. I will be using some backup for badluck but I trust in this guitar and think it will last long. I borrowed this to my friend who's git was broken and he used it without backup and it worked out fine. If you don't have to change teh tuning this will be good gig-git. // 8

Overall Impression: I play pop, rock, prog etc. This guitar suits into em all fine, but it's sure a heavy guitar. I've been playing 4 years. If this would be stolen I think I won't get another. I like this very much but there are millions of better guitars out there. I don't like this usual colors and I don't like the heavylook of this. This will be very good guitar for heavyguitarists. I used to play deth and on it this was really good! // 7

RG350EX Reviewed by: Cowfish13, on december 02, 2008

Features: Most has been said, but for what it's worth. 24 very easily accessable jumbo frets which is good for solo'ing. 2 humbuckers (bridge and neck), one middle single coil. Edge III tremelo which isn't awesome, useable, but not great (more details in overall impression). Very cool body shape allowing for easy use on your lap or strap. Like I said most has been said, so won't go in heaps of detail. // 7

Sound: I play mostly metal to rock, with some softer accoustic stlyle pieces thrown in. With the 5 way pick-up selecter swich thrown in, you can get heaps of sounds. So far only a Peavey Rage 158 amp, but I've used it through a Roland Cube 30X and it sounded awesome (will be getting that amp soon). It gets an occaisonal amount of feedback, but that's no real big problem (and it's usually only when standing/sitting close to the amp). On the Peavey Rage 158, if I try to use the any pick-up selection other than bridge or neck humbuckers fully, it gets a pretty crappy sound (hard to describe, kinda flat, weak, not very good) however, never had this problem on any other amp, so I think it's just the Peavey // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar was in pristine condition when I picked it up. No visible faults at all. Everything was lined up nicely, frets inserted properly, pick-ups were at a good height, movable, but in no way too loose (they'll never, ever come out). Wood feels solid, and isn't easly dentable. Bumped it a few times on the head piece, but still no chips or dings. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The edge III isn't great, will have to replace it some time, but other than that it's tops. Feels indestructable. Strap buttons are built like a brick. Very solid and reliable. I havn't had a single construction problem after about 3 months of solid use. I wouldn't use any guitar on a gig without a back-up, but that's just me. // 8

Overall Impression: This is a pretty decent match for what I want to play. Only gripe is that with the edge III, I cannot get an alternate tuning out of it, it wobbles and changes the tension on the strings. So that's pretty annoying... If it were stolen, I probaby wouldn't get the same one. Only because I would like to try some other brands with slightly better components and at this price range, in Aus, there are many other guitars I could try. But overall, it's pretty nice, great sounds for hard rock and metal and very, very easy access to upper frets which I love. Nice guitar for an intermediate, bedroom player, but for a serious gigger, I'd probably try out some others, but still give this one a run through. // 8

RG350EX Reviewed by: Petar, on june 25, 2009

Price paid: € 510

Purchased from: Audio Pro ZG (Croatia)

Features: It was made in 2008, in Ibanez's Cort Indonesia Factory. I'm not really sure if it's 350DX or 350EX (in the store it was supposed to be DX, but on the headstock it's EX and it has black finish). 3 piece maple Wizard-II neck (fast, almost flat from backside), basswood body and rosewood fingerboard. 24 jumbo frets. It's solid-body with (I think so) laminated top. Nice Strat-like body with sharper curves and typical Ibanez RG headstock. Black finish with silver pickguard. Three passive pickups (INF3 humbucker in neck position - ceramic magnets) (INFS3 single coil in the middle, specially designed to work split with humbuckers - Alnico magnets) (INF4 in the bridge position, alnico magnets with pretty high output). Volume and tone selector, along with 5-way Switch. Edge III Tremolo. Also comes with spare spring, allen wrenches and a cable. Sadly, without gig bag so now I have Ibanez guitar in Washburn gig bag. At least it's sturdy gig bag. 8 because of Edge III trem (I'd like at least edge-pro in it) and no gig bag. // 8

Sound: So, the sound is best used with distortion. I've tried it on some Vintage-sounding amp (can't really remember the name) and it sounded nice. Then I came home and plugged it into my Spider III with insane distortion - and man, it ROCKED! Perfect for metal. It sounds great on clean too (although not too bright), when the volume is not jammed all the way up (and after adjusting the tone knob) it can even play blues. And sound good at it. The sound is full, and within pretty good range. However, this axe does its best with a lot of distortion playing Metallica and Iron Maiden. Pinch harmonics are no problem (after my Squier Strat, the sound is astonishing). Sustain is pretty good (much better than my squire, and pretty long for Floyd Rose tremolo) 8 because it's pretty versatile, and can sound well, however the sound isn't really that good. These pups aren't no Duncans or EMG's, that's for sure. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Ok, I got it pretty much set up (only had to tighten the tremolo springs a bit). Finish is as great as always (I've had it for little less than a month now), however the tremolo paint is wearing off (IDK how it's called) so now it's half grey half silver. Perhaps it's meant to be, IDK. I got the guitar with a little crack on the pickguard, not too noticeable but still it is there. It has no impact on the sound and seemed unimportant to me at the time. Now I know that I could've bargained a bit more. Pickups were set up well, there are no flaws (everything is exactly where it should be, even the output jack is tight) apart from the chipped pickguard, however it's not really Ibanez's flaw. No fret buzz, no dead tones. I also like the sharktooth inlay. But because of the tremolo colour coming off, and cracked pickguard I'll give it 7. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will definately withstand Live playing. I'm bandless at this moment, but if I were to gig I'd take my Squire with me too, as a backup (a lousy one, but still better than nothing). The same if I were to play in different tunings, it takes a lot of time to re-tune Edge III, not mentioning tightening the springs in the back. Hardware seems like it will last a long time, even the cracked pickguard. I'm not so sure about the backplate though; it feels cheap. Finish is pitch black and it looks like it will stay that way. Strap buttons are small, but sturdy and solid. I give it a 9. // 9

Overall Impression: I'm not that familiar with guitar gear and subtle tone differences (for now) but that will change as soon as I open my guitar store (my dream). This sounds like what I wanted, and although I didn't do much comparison (I feel strangely shy whenever I enter guitar store). I own little MG15DFX and Spider III 120W (the worst combination, my father bought it all and he has no clue about what I need, so IMO they sold him what they needed to get rid of), Squier Strat (nice beginners guitar). This Ibanez I chose myself and I think I made a great choice. I wish I've noticed the cracked pickguard before I came home, that would've cut the price a little. The Edge III trem isn't as bad as everyone says it is, it DOES stay in tune, although ZR or Edge-Pro are surely better. I like the sharktooth inlay a lot. If it was lost, I wouldn't buy this model probably, I'd shop around some more. Who knows, perhaps I'd take it again. It's hard when you Live 80 kilometers from the nearest guitar shop. All in all, it's not anything too special but you get good value for your money. Ibanez is known as probably the best in the middle price range and here it proved it again. IMO, it's worth a 9. // 9

RG350EX Reviewed by: Bigsteve92, on june 04, 2010

Features: not sure of the year of manufacture but it's not too old. 24 frets, 25.5 scale and jumbo frets Solid black paintwork, not sure how many pieces of wood but it's made from basswood Neck's made from maple with a rosewood fingerboard with the Ibanez styled sharkfin inlays. It's a Wizard II neck so it's flat and thin which is really comfortable for me. It's a superstrat body (which wasn't obvious at all was it; ) ) It has H-S-H pickup config (that's Humbucker, Single coil, Humbucker) it uses the "super fiveway" switching system which mean position 1 is the neck pickup, 3 is the middle, and 5 is the bridge. 2 and 4 are a combination of one of the humbuckers (split) and the central single coil. The other controls are a Volume knob and Tone knob. These are the INF (Infinity) Series pickups, they're pretty decent but by no means perfect, I intend to buy a set of Iron Gear pickups at some point in the future. It uses a Floyd Rose style Double Locking tremolo system. The Edge III bridge by Ibanez is given a mixed bag of comments; I believe this to be down to when the review is written: when the tremolo is brand new it's fine and stay's in tune but a few months down the line it wears out and won't stay in tune. When I got the guitar it was already worn so I swapped out for a 1986 JT-6 I got from ebay just because it was cheap and then I blocked it in place with a bunch of coins wrapped in electricians tape. The tuners on the guitar are Ibanez and since blocking the tremolo and taking the clamps off the locking nut I have realised that they really are good quality tuners. // 9

Sound: I play this guitar through either my Epiphone Valve Junior or my Marshall AVT150H. It sounds great through both and the sound can be shaped massively on the AVT as it has 4 channels and all the extra controls whereas on the EVJ it depends on the guitar controls and my pedals which also lets me manipulate the sound a lot (which is, in my opinion, better). I play a lot of different styles things like Guns n' Roses (Paradise City, Sweet Child), Black Sabbath (Paranoid / War Pigs), Velvet Revolver (Slither), all the way up to more recent pop-punk music like Blink-182 and Sum41. With some tweaking this guitar will play them all with a tone that's pleasing to my ears. The effects I use are: Boss OS-2 Distortion / Overdrive, Artec Blues Overdrive and a Jim Dunlop Crybaby GCB-95. The guitar is relatively noiseless apart from when just the central single coil is used. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar has it's ups and downs. I didn't get this guitar from the factory new but from what I heard the Ibanez factories (even the indonesian ones) do a good job of setting guitars up. The guitar's wood doesn't seem to be absolutely amazing: the wood around the posts has worn so the bridge won't balance in place like it's supposed to but I think this could be because the previous owner abused the trem too hard. The finish is very strong: I'm 6 foot 5 and dropped it from my back (good 3 foot drop) and there's only a small paint chip on the back to show for it. The other downside is that the bridge on this guitar had the 'Cosmo' finish on it which has worn in places and doesn't look too great. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand live playing with ease, it's a great guitar and I'd happily go on tour with it(if I had a band), only taking a backup incase of string breakage. Other than the bridge the hardware will definetly last a long time. The strap buttons are quite solid but for peace of mind I use plastic straplocks on this guitar. // 9

Overall Impression: This guitar plays fine for any style of music, from Acoustic style songs (acoustic version of 'Hey-yah' for example) with the split coils to the powerchord-driven riff of 'Slither' by Velvet Revolver with the bridge pickup and onward to the high, fast lead parts of the chorus of Avenged Sevenfold's 'Beast and the Harlot' this guitar has the feel and sound to make playing any of them reasonably easy. I didn't ask anybody about this guitar before I bought it simply because I didn't. It came as part of a deal on ebay that included two Laney 2x12 cabinets and an old multi effect (Zoom GFX8; which I quite like). I was after the cabs and for the price I paid this guitar was an amazing freebie: turned out the cabs were loaded with Celestion Vintage Lead 80's! If I lost this guitar or had it stolen I'd have to save for new one: as I'm currently a college student I couldn't afford to go out and buy one outright. I love the neck on this guitar but hate the Edge III bridge on it (which I have changed out anyway to bring in an oldschool Jackson bridge) I wish this guitar had one of the higher end Ibanez trems like the Edge Zero or Original Edge because that's the only area it's lacking in. // 9

RG350EX Reviewed by: unregistered, on july 02, 2010

Price paid: C$ 669

Purchased from: Pickers Alley (sarnia)

Features: This guitar is awesome. It features a Floyde Rose Bridge (might be a copy but it doesn't really matter it works just as well) and locking nuts. It has a single master volume and tone as well as a five way selecting switch. It has 3 pickups, 2 humbuckers and 1 single coil. // 10

Sound: This guitar is awesome. I play everything; metal, rock, indie, alternative, punk etc. And it never seems to not fit the style (tone wise). The pickups scream but they also clean up very nicely. I enjoy the single coil pick up in it because when you have it either in possition 2 or 4 it splits the humbucker into a single coil so you get those classic Strat sounds which are great for country or some clean stuff. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up very well but talking to the store attendant it is because he set it up him self. From what he has described the bridge was very loose and the intunation was out. Also the strings were to low to the neck so it buzzed like crazy. My suggestion with not just this guitar but every guitar you get is get it professionally set up, it will save you head aches in the near future. The finish is nice no defects and very smooth. The pick guard adds a nice effect. It is not metal but a strong plastic painted to look like metal. I also enjoy the Shark bite inlays they add a very nice look to the guitar. // 6

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is very reliable. It is one of my 7 guitars and it is always one of the first on my list for playing. The floyde doesn't break my strings as some my friends floydes do which is always a bonus. The strap buttons are solid which is a change from my other Ibanez guitars. The other ones I own I actually had to drill a new hole for the screw cause it kept falling off but so far no sign of this is happening with this one. // 10

Overall Impression: My main style is metal/hard rock. This is a great match. I have been playing for 4 years now and this guitar lives up to all my other ones. I play through a line six spider 4 150 wt amp and the same model head on a Fender 2-12 cabinet and it sounds amazing through both. I am a very loyal Ibanez Player. I love the guitars and own 4. An ART 300 series a PF series Electro-Acoustic. And a plain Ibanez acoustic. If this guitar was stolen I would definitely consider buying another one. They are amazing guitars!:) // 8

RG350EX Reviewed by: zacharykt338, on august 16, 2010

Features: I purchased my Ibanez RG350EX in Shanghai, in late 2009, and it was actually made in Indonesia. It has 24 jumbo frets on a Rosewood fingerboard, a Wizard II neck. It is solid, and is a basewood body guitar. It is painted black, and has a rather shiny feel to it when it is new. The body style follows a similar design to a Strat, and the Bridge is an Edge III Tremolo. The pickups are INF Passive, connected to a 5 way selector, with a single volume and tone knob. There are 3 pickups in total, 2 humbuckes, and 1 single coil. The model of the pickups are INF3 and INF4. The tuners are just Standard non-locking tuners, and it comes with a locking nut at the top of the neck, because it is a guitar with a floating tremolo bridge. // 9

Sound: The guitar definitely suits my musical style, and I usually play anything from Alternative Rock to Heavy Metal. The amp that I currently use at home and have it connected to is a Roland Cube 15X amplifier. The guitar isn't noisy unless you have too much distortion, and the amp cannot handle it, or if you are using the single coil pickup with certain tone and overdrive settings. It is built quite well, and made for different genres of music. The sound is very warm and rich on the neck pickup, and more brighter on the bridge pickup. The sound is very full, and the guitar is quite versatile for playing many types of music. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The set-up of the guitar when I first got it was quite nice. The sound, because I had never played a decent guitar at the time was really nice, and even to this day it still sounds flawless. The stock strings that it comes with aren't very good, so I recommend you getting a string change as soon as you can. Everything as I could see was properly matched and put together. The bridge was straight, tight, and the angle with the tension was perfect. There were no flaws either, it was new and out of a box. Nothing was loose except maybe the locking nuts at the top, but that isn't a big deal at all. // 9

Reliability & Durability: The guitar ultimately proves itself worthy when it comes to live performances. The sound just erupts nicely, and it is definitely reliable when it comes to playing shows. The body will be nice and just as new as long as you keep it in good shape. However, the durability of the guitar isn't very good, at least the stock parts aren't when it comes new out of the case. The tremolo bridge system isn't very good, and just isn't a good piece of hardware. It is difficult to tune properly, and it does go out of tune most of the time, especially during the winter and other harsh environments. The bridge and tuning knobs, as well as some parts of the locking nut tend to rust after a while, depending on your environment. The only problem is really the durability of the hardware, especially the bridge system, which is the only flaw. Everything else is in good shape and just fit for playing. The strap buttons tend to be solid, and everything is in one good piece. I can depend on this guitar, as it is my main guitar, and I would use it on a gig without a backup. The finish is good enough to last, but it can wear off if not taken care of properly. // 7

Overall Impression: The music I play ranges across a vide variety of different styles and genres from Indie to metal. This guitar is a good match for playing especially heavier genres, like hardcore punk and heavy metal, but it has also proven to me that it is versatile and able to handle other genres well such as jazz, alternative, and blues. I have been playing for 2 years, and it is my main guitar that I used. I really love the sound it produces and just the overall feel of the guitar, and I would get it again if it was lost or stolen. The only thing I hate is the bridge and I would change it to something better. My favorite feature would be the sound, since it is very nice and fits my playing quite well. I only wish this guitar had better pickups, and even though the INF pickups do a good job, there are some better pickups that can push the sound just a bit further. But overall, an amazing instrument, quite impressive looking, and has a great feel and sound to it. // 9

RG350EX Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 13, 2010

Price paid: C$ 375

Purchased from: Jimmys

Features: Mine is made in Indonesia. From what I can see I am sure this guitar is no older than 2009. I am not going to mention every little detail about the guitar as you can probably get that from the other reviews. But just a basic mention that this model comes with 24 jumbo frets, wizard 2 neck and Edge tremolo system. The Set up is simple yet effective, 1 tone and 1 volume. The five selector(strat style). The guitar originally came with 2 Inf3 pickups (one single coil and a humbucker) and an inf4 humbucker in the neck. I have swapped the humbuckers for an EMG 81/85 setup. The single coil in the middle is now disconnected. The setup came perfectly setup from the shop however I did change the strings. For two reasons, one because I didn't like the ones the guitar came with and second because I wanted to see how hard it is to change strings on a locking tremelo. It is not as hard as people think (similar to a floyd rose). // 10

Sound: I play a lot of Guns N Roses, Iron Maiden and Ozzy Osbourne. This guitar good for any kind of music but it really feels at home with metal. The sound with the EMG pickups now is exactly what I needed but even with the original inf pickups many will not complain. I am using it with my Fender Sidekick 10 combo amp through a DigiTech RP155. Which I have set up to emulate the Mesa Boogie sound. For a basement this setup suits me pretty well however to truly play this guitar to its limit one needs to play this on a much better amp. I have been thinking about picking up a Mesa Boogie since I bought this guitar 2 months ago. I have been playing now for a few years and have two other guitars in my collection. A Fender mex fat Strat with a Floyd Rose and active setup with EMGs and an old BC rich mockingbird with Seymour Duncan pickups and a tun o matic bridge. This guitar came with a factory setup that was better than both my guitars with go in for setup and intonation at least once a year. The sound is very clean. Specially with the 81 I can really get that randy rhodes kind of tone. I can pretty much do anything with this guitar because of the clean sound. I have tried many different settings with my effect processor and the effects are amazing. I am only giving it a 9 here since I didn't particularly like the original pickups this guitar came with but then I am very EMG biased to begin with. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is low and nice. There is hardly any buzz. My Strat on the other hand has a lot more buzz if I set it up to a similar action. The finish is first class. I might eventually change the knobs because I don't like brassy look. The tremelo arm floats freely however it brushes the tone knob which might lose it Shine from the constant contact. I am not sure if this a problem with my guitar or all Rg350s. A simple fix would be to change the angle of the bar however I like this because it stops the arm from going all over the place. Talking about the tremolo I must warn you that the dive bombs are infectious. This guitar was made for solos and crazy divebombs. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Again I am not sure if the tremlo arm touching the tone knob might help lose some luster. Other than that the guitar looks fantastic. I have played it with a few friends and we have jammed pretty hard and it seems to be right at home with the other metal axes. I am pretty sure the hardware will last. The guitar seems pretty dependable. I am a pretty wild player and go through strings pretty fast but with the Ibanez I don't lose them as fast for some reason. // 10

Overall Impression: For the kind of music I play this guitar is perfect. If you want to work the fret board and warp speed and get that clean sound this is the guitar to get. I have been playing for a few years now but I always played through my metal zone distortion pedal till now. I find with the sound of this this guitar I don't need to always hide behind a distorted sound. But when I do hit the old distortion pedal this guitar goes wild. The only wish is if I had two tone controls for faster changes. // 10

RG350EX Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 21, 2011

Features: My guitar was made in indonesia. It has 24 jumbo frets and neck is made of rose wood. The body is basswood. Yup really light compared to other guitars. As you can see it has Strat body style. It has 5 way selector. It has a double locking system. It has inf3 neck pickup a single coil humbucker and a inf4 Bridge pickup. When I brought htis guitar I got a gig bag, cable, tools etc. // 8

Sound: OH! GOD this guitar suits my style totally. I play punk and hard rock and it totally suits my style. The sound is totally versatile. Well I am using a Roland 40xl and it just mind blowing guitar. The sound is so warm when you head towards the Bridge pickup.. f--kin awesome. This Guitar Can Play Blues But Not Recommended. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well the setup was quite impresive. Pickups were great. No flaws nothing. Just simply awesome. The hardware is made of black nickel and its totally awesome.. The way it shines is the main attraction. Its not at all very noisy. The pickups are great giving a jazzy sound to warm rock tone. Putting an EMG or duncan blackouts will make this a pro tool man trust me. // 10

Reliability & Durability: You talking of live playing... HELL YEAH!. about the hardware might get oxidized but if u take care of it well like putting some polish on it or not keeping it outside for a long time it can be avoided. Strap buttons are solid. I can totaly depend on it. Dont need a backup at all. The finish is totally awesome. It can last for a quite a long time depending on the way yopu handle it. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this is a f--kin cool guitar. You can play almost anything. Great sound. If this guitar was stolen I would have killed that person and get it back. Yeah if this were lost or something I would have brought it again. W ell this guitar very cool and versatile. This guiotar is good in quality because many people say that Ibanez are not goo theyre ok they have no quality, not good for long term.. I'd say f--k you man. Ibanez is one of the leading brands in guitars and it is very good com,apred to other guitars too.. coz guitars also depends on preference and if you don't like it its your preference. But according to me this is a good guitar overall.. Quality and long lasting depends on you on the way you handle it. So if you're tight on a budget and looking for a cool guitar go fir the Ibanez rg 350 ex..coolest guitar in sound, playability etc. // 10

RG350EX Reviewed by: Slashsmurf, on may 12, 2011

Price paid: € 400

Purchased from: Savins Music

Features: Pretty much all been said before solid guitar, 24 frets (great for fast playing), 3 pickups (2 humbuckers and a single coil in the middle), made of basswood, 5 way pickup selector, tone knob, volume knob etc... I'd give it a 9 in features the pickups are good, the locking nuts are great and its all just well put together with a great neck and great action // 9

Sound: I play bits of everything from blues to rock to funk to a small bit of metal and it is really quite a versatile guitar. The range of sounds from the pickups is absolutely brilliant. I use a small Rolands Cube 30w and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe for bigger gigs with a couple of pedals and this guitar sounds great through everything. The one thing I would caution is that sometimes this guitar can sound very tinny and weak through a clean setting so you really have to mess around with it for a while to get a great tone. Overall I'd give it an 8 for sound as it is very versatile and suits my style. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: One thing I have to say about the guitar is that its action is absolutely amazing with no fret buzz. I bought this as a backup guitar and for something to be able to shred about on and it is awesome for those purposes. It came perfectly set up from the factory and once I swapped on a new set of strings and fiddled with the intonation a bit it was in perfect gigging condition. The only problem I did have with it was a tiny crack in the pickguard but it wasn't much of a problem as I bargained a lower price because of it. I'd give this a 9 as the intonation was a tiny bit out and the crack. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would definitely say this guitar would withstand live playing the hardware (so far) has held up well and it seems pretty durable. I have heard some complaints about the hardware discolouring but for me after 2 months it still looks perfect and shiny. I would (as I would recommend with all guitars) cleaning it and rubbing it down every month or two but overall I think is very reliable. // 10

Overall Impression: As I mentioned above I bought this as a back-up for gigs and stuff but I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone looking for a guitar in this price range it sounds great for any style of music from blues to metal (with the right settings). It has fantastic action and is very comfortable to play standing up or sitting down. If someone stole it I would definitely consider buying this again when I was in the shop this guitar blew all the other guitars I tried out of the water (even guitars priced almost double). I sometimes wish I hadnt gone for the Floyd Rose type Bridge as I don't use the tremolo much but it is still a great bridge. Overall a 9 from me great guitar for an intermediate/beginner very reliable and sounds great. // 9

RG350EX Reviewed by: Greatdude49, on june 02, 2011

Features: This Ibanez RG was made in 2010 in Indonesia, it has 24 jumbo frets with Shark tooth inlays. It has a laminated top, Wizard 3 Maple neck and bound rosewood fingerboard, basswood body. I'm an idiot when it comes to finishes so I'd rather not guess and embarass myself, Stratocaster body style, edge 3 tremelo (a cheap as hell knock off of a Floyd Rose tremelo), passive electronics (obviously), 1 volume and 1 tone knob, 5-way selector, Infinity 3 (neck pu), Infinity 3S (middle pu), and Infinity 4 (bridge pu), all with alnico magnets (except the neck which uses a ceramic but I use the neck for maybe one song out of like 200), no idea on the tuners, 43mm locking nut that requires a 3mm allen wrench (which it couldn't have killed them to throw in), and really shitty locks for the nut, after 1 Switch of strings, they already make an IMPRINT on the bottom side, which makes me believe it's some cheap alluminum. // 8

Sound: It doesn't really suit my style (thrash) but that's is just because I didn't really like strato style in the first place, other than that, it has beutiful pinch and bend harmonics. I run it through my crappy Line 6 Spider 3 but soon I'll replace that. Noisy? Can't really tell, the spider makes everything noisy but from what I've seen through other amps, it sounds nice and quiet even on heavier sounds. With the tremelo it can make wah sounds (Just one of those listed questions that might help somone in some way). // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The strings came a bit high for my preference but that was easy to adjust, with Ibanez I've typically heard the action was much better than most companies but I love lower strings. The pickups with any guitar with a tremelo are usually fine (on account of the lower strings than a normal Bridge would have). It was pretty much set up great for me, it did however contain some sort of white paint in the pit (what I call the slot where the Bridge goes) but it doesn't look like rotted wood as I ran my finger over it and there was no rough edges or anything so it might have at first been meant to be a DX (white model of this guitar) and also there is a light buzzing sound when selecting the middle pickup. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Live playing? Hell yeah it could stand up to it. Hardware? Ehhh... Not so confident in that but it is much easier to replace the crappy parts (TREMELO, pickups, nut). Strap locks? VERY GOOD, and I thought I would have to waste money on Dunlop strap locks... I am the kind of person that always is prepared, 2 guitars for every tuning (E, D, and C) but I would reccommend it. Most laminated finishes last and this seems no different, the average guitar player replaces their guitars after 2-3 years. // 8

Overall Impression: It looks wierd for playing metal (not to mention I hate standing up with Stratocaster styles). I've been playing 11 years and have gone through at least 30 guitars and I do have to say, Ibanez RG guitars are one of a kind, the one I bought was just a little breeze run before I got something expensive but I would really reccommend this to a beginner or even an intermediate for the price. I wish I asked about the nut but if I recall I was partway buzzed when I bought it. If it were stolen (hypethetically if I was still a beginner) I would probably get it or another model Ibanez I saw was about the same price with EMG active pickups (85's I believe) but this really changed my opinion about strato-style guitars. I love everything about it except the cheap nut and tremelo, the tremelo is really lose fitting as well as the wah bar. Overall, I was very impressed, this guitar really opened a whole new world of sound and design, Ibanez really managed to take a Classic guitar and take it to a whole new level! // 9

RG350EX Reviewed by: guilherme87, on july 25, 2011

Features: Ibanez makes all of their guitars overseas. Many people think that a guitar needs to be american made to be high quality but these Ibanez guitars are great quality at a great price. 24 jumbo frets on a 25.5 scale. Rosewood fingerboard on a maple wizard II neck. The body is made of basswood. Its a solid black finish with a silver mirror pickgaurd and "cosmic black" hardware. The body is a Strat style with exaggerated horns and a great cutaway allowing easy access to high frets. All equipped with an Edge III tremolo double locking bridge. Passive Infinity 3 pickups. HSH pickup configuration with a five-way switch. Standard Ibanez Tuners with the locking nut. // 9

Sound: My music style varies greatly and this guitar pretty much does it all. I play mostly hard rock to heavy metal. And while it CAN play any music genre with its wide range of sounds and pickup combinations, the guitar truly shines in the heavy metal area. This Guitar is absolutely insane. It has the best and thickest sound I've ever heard, comparing it to 80's BC Rich Warlocks and the Dean Dime Bag Dean From Hell guitar. The Ibanez blows them all out of the water. The neck and Bridge pickups can be noisy when turned in the up and down positions. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I can't really rate it based on FACTORY set-up since I bought it off of a friend. But he had no changes made to that area since he bought it because he never knew any of the technical things to a guitar. So based on that I'd say the action was amazing. It really feels effortless to shred on this guitar. I raised the pickups a tad loser to the strings to make them hotter. One complaint I have is the hardware oxidized quite badly. It wasn't that old of a guitar yet the tuners and the Bridge and locking nut all were quite oxidized and I don't like that. Its only a cosmetic thing but still... // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is definitely made to go onstage. The finish doesn't hold up very well at all as my friend was playing it with a watch on and got scuff marks everywhere... Then he dropped it and made a huge chip on the back of it. So finish wise I'd say buy a nice case to keep it protected. But The hardware seems like it would definitely last and the strap buttons are huge on this thing. I could definitely depend on it but wouldn't go live without a backup simply because you never know... A string could break and that would make a 15 minute time frame to fix and restring. The only durability problem is the finish seems easy to scuff and chip. // 9

Overall Impression: When I'm playing heavy metal this guitar is my main choice. It suits it perfectly. I've been playing almost two years and have tried quite a few guitars and have even made three of my own and this is the best metal guitar I've ever played. If it were stolen or lost I would definitely replace it. I love its thick heavy sound, I hate how easy it is to chip. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RGIR28FE 8.9 Electric Guitars 10/22/2014