RG350EXZ Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 12/02/2011 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG350EXZ
Made in early 2011 in Indonesia. 24 Frets, Wizard III neck with cool sharktooth inlay, superstrat style. I love grunge sounding and this is perfect for me.
 7.9
 9.4
 6.4
review (1) pictures (2) 12 comments vote for this gear:
RG350EXZ Reviewed by: rockhard90s, on december 02, 2011

Purchased from: Malaysia

Features: Made in early 2011 in Indonesia. 24 Frets, Wizard III neck with cool sharktooth inlay, superstrat style, metal pickguard, 3 INF pickups [2 Humbucker, 1 Single Coil], and a brand new Edge Zero II tremolo. Cheap cable. Lack of manual instructions, I had to go to the Ibanez site to download some manual. Don't under estimate Indonesia made guitar, this axe is built perfectly. // 8

Sound: When I read the reviews on the web, I thought the INF pickups sounds bad and decided to got it changed it to evo pickups. I was wrong. The sound really suits all the genre. I love to play Steve Vai's and Joe Satriani's songs. Sometimes I play Metallica, Nirvana, and Zeppelin's song and the stock pickups can do just anything you would hoping for. Pinch harmonic are easy. I don't recommend to change the pickup but it's up to you. The stock pickups are really good. Make an adjustment on your pickup poles and bridge, and you are ready to make it scream. Oh yea... Don forget to change the cheapy stock strings because it sound crappy and sucks! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Mine already set up pretty well from the factory. It seems solid. My word of advice to you, if you want to peel of the top layer plastic on the pick guard surface, pls peel it slowly because I was making a big mistake! I peel it in hard way and it cause some metal paint goes off. Pls be gentle. I don mind the paint's off because I care for sounds and action. The action's perfect, not too high or low, just perfect. Now the main thing is the Wizard III neck, it is so beautiful and fast, put some lemon oil on it and the wax on the back neck. Whoah yeah!!! Overall, it is a sexiest guitar I have now. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar can withstand live playing. Strap buttons' good. The tremolo seems solid to me. I'm still new to the floyd rose system. I did a lot of massive dive bombs and flutters on it, abusing the tremolo, it still stay in tune amazingly. AFAIK, the Edge Zero II is built to replace the old Edge III production. Anyway, the intonations are good. It will still stay in tune no matter how I abused it. Edge Zero II is an excellent tremolo! // 10

Overall Impression: I love grunge sounding and this is perfect for me. I played guitar for about 10 years, I'm a big fan of Fender and got two of my hard earned Fender Standard Strat stock pickup changed. This is the only guitar I don change the stock pickups. I work for months to bought this Ibanez guitar and it seems my hard work pays off! Why I bought this? Because I have only two Strats with only 21 frets and fixed bridge. I want to play Steve Vai's songs. Do some adjustment on the pickups and bridge, have the stock string changed, it will be perfect. If this were stolen, I would save a few more bucks to a another higher end RG guitar. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014