RG370DX Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 05/09/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG370DX
The RG370DX guitar the unchallenged standard in hard and heavy rock guitarsgets a massive infusion of high tech hardware and upgrades.
 Reliability & Durability: 8.5
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.3
 Features: 8.6
 8.4
 8.5
 8.2
reviews (40) pictures (1) 129 comments vote for this gear:
RG370DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 25, 2004

Features: Made in the USA in 2002. This bastard has 24 jumbo frets on a maple neck designed for hardcore leads. 5 pickups that deliver clarity when played clean. The volume and tone are simple to use and give a very distored or very clean sound. // 10

Sound: It suits every style of music I play which consist of Dave Mathews, Incubus, Blink 182, Guns and Roses, and 311. This guitar is great for heavy distorion w/ or w/o a pedal. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar is sturdy with a shiny finish. Only flaw is two of the pickups are slightly lop-sided. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This son of a bitch stays in tune for days with constant playing. I can rely on this guitar for a performance. The finish stays shiny after several jam sessions. // 10

Overall Impression: I've only been playing for 8 months. This guitar has a sexy look to it that attracts the ladies. When I tell people the guitar only cost me 250, fowl language usually comes out of their mouths. If you want to be motivated to play, you need a guitar that is sexy enough to make that pussy wet before you begin playing, this guitar is perfect for that. Other guitars I've used are the Epiphone Les paul which is better for clean songs and the Squire Strat which is the best guitar for punk rock. However The Ibanez RG370DX is superior for the hard, heavy, and classic rock that sends orgasms through our ears with its beautiful poetry. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: ironman1207, on february 11, 2008

Features: This is possibly the best Standard guitar I have ever seen. I bought this guitar in 2006, and it's still in perfect condition, not a scratch, and it's been pushed to the max. The Solid Black finish on the basswood is great. I always loved basswoood, it's very close to mahogany, and it's lightweight. Its body is similar to a Fender Strat. 2005, made in Korea. 3 pickups, Ibanez INF4 at the bridge, INFS3 in the middle, and INF3 at the neck. Edge III bridge, 24 fret, shark tooth inlays, 3 piece neck of maple wood, rosewood fretboard, 5 way selector, tune and volume controls. Came with a black strap, a book and DVD on matienence, a tuner, and a 6 foot monster cable. // 10

Sound: Perfect for you dudes in to heavy metal. I use a Vox AD30VT amplifier and have never gotten an feedback I didn't like. Usually I just set up my amp and put the effects on bypass, but sometimes I'll put on wah or comp and it sounds amazing as well. You could use this guitar to record, play Live, do whatever. Strings are amazing, very high quality for a Standard. It's great for any genre of rock, most particularly noting heavy metal. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Flawless. Absolutely flawless. Great Action. Superb wood selection by Ibanez, and my palm can rest comfortably on the bridge while I'm shredding. Once again, amazing factory strings. Pickups were perect, perfect solid black finish, just overall amazing. Really that's all you need to know, it's a great factory guitar, if not the best factory guitar, one amazing axe for shredders world wide. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has been through so much already and yet I could easily resell it for the price I paid. I've been beating the crap out of this thing for almost two years, and it's in perfect condition. The wood has held up amazing, no cracks or scratches what'soever, and no scratches in the finish. I've never changed out the pickups on this guitar, and I don't intend to, ever. The only guitar I haven't customized because it is just so well built. // 10

Overall Impression: The best Standard factory made guitar that I have ever seen in my life. Love everything about it. Once again, perfect for you headbangers out there. I've been playing since I was 8, and I'm now 15, and I don't really think I've ever seen a better factory made guitar so perfect. I play this guitar second most, I have 7 other electric guitars and an acoustic. The only thing I play more is my Les Paul, but I've practically torn it apart customizing it so much. This is my only guitar that I haven't customized. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 22, 2005

Features: This is the 2005 version of RG370DX which is made in Korea. It has a superb 3pc Wizard II neck, which is so comfortable when playing. My fingers feel like running faster than lighting, only to be pulled back by my slow picking. The Edge III bridge is great. The guitar always stays in tune for quite a long period of time. The pickups IBZ INF3, IBZ INFS3, IBZ INF4 sound really good for stock pickups. // 10

Sound: This guitar is meant for heavy metal and hard rock, which are the genre that I am playing right now. The tones are heavy under distortion and clean when playing with my Ibanez TB25 amp and Zoom 707II Sound processor, not the kind of muddiness you get out of some cheap guitars. When playing lead solo, it has a beautiful tone to its sound. Wish the sound could have been more powerful. Guess I have to look for better pickups. Seymour Duncan JB should do the trick. I am still giving a 10 cos at this bargain price, I get really good pickups. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I first bought it, everything was in perfect condition. The only thing to do was play. The pickups were well adjusted and I had no problem with the bridge. // 10

Reliability & Durability: So far I had it or about 2 months. So I cannot really say anything about its reliability and durability. // 10

Overall Impression: For something quite cheap, I think this guitar is a great bargain. It could easily costs US$900 and I dont know how it can cost below US$500! It's a great guitar, sexy body, nice neck to play with my cheeky fingers (did I say cheeky, I mean quickie). If it was stolen, I know it would be hard to get this model again 'cause when I bought it, it was the last one. I had checked at other guitar shops, and this model is pretty difficult to find. Its probably because it is popular. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: DimebagZappa, on december 20, 2010

Price paid: C$ 420

Purchased from: Music Centre Canada

Features: My RG was made in indonesia in 2007. 24 jumbo frets on a 25.5 scale. Comes with INF pickups that were designed to sound like PAF pro joes. Inf 3 in the neck position, inf3s single coil in the middle and inf4 in the bridge position. 5 way Switch and a single volume and tone pot. Painted black finish and I did not recieve any accessories. Its got an edge 3 trem unit, sharktooth inlays and a bolt on maple neck. // 8

Sound: I was playing alot of hard rock/ metal and punk. This guitar suits these styles quite well although the bridge pickup does not deliver the screaming harmonics metal deserves. The neck pickup has a good warm sound to it while soloing or playing chords but the sustain leaves a bit to be desired. The bridge pickup is nice and crunchy with distortion, and fairly crisp as well. I've never used the single coil. Simply rolling back the volume I got a very nice bluesy tone from the bridge perfect for rock. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: My guitar was on 'the wall' for a while and the action was set quite high. After about a week of play I noticed my input jack was loose and had pulled the wires right out of the solder. On closer inspection of the internal workings, the ground wire was crushed flat by the back plate and the pots were soldered very slopily with solder balls all over the wood cavity. I rewired it completely with new wire and a new input jack within 2 weeks of purchase. The bridge was setup pretty well. Came with dadarrio (sp?) 9-52 strings on it which I like. There is a quite large imperfection in the body, looks like a knot covered in wood filler. Can be felt even. // 5

Reliability & Durability: This peticular guitar would not be a good one to play live. The bridge needs a good nudge after use to put it back into tune. I would not gig with this guitar without a backup. Strap buttons seem solid enough, but I use strap locks just in case. After three years of very rough abuse the finish is surprisingly new looking. A few surface scratches, but those are easily buffed out. // 5

Overall Impression: Overall for playing punk, metal and rock it was a half decent match. I've been playing for three and a half years. I also own a PRS Torero, and Ibanez Talman acoustic. Currently playing through a Vox 30w. Soon to buy a Marshall class 5. If this guitar was stolen I would buy another Ibanez, but a bit better model. I compared this guitar to a similarly priced Washburn and Schecter, no competition in this price range. It was an alright second guitar, but left much to be desired, such as a real floyd, decent manufacture and seriously high output pups. Mostly because of the poor wiring and stability of the trem I'm giving this guitar a 6/10. I would rate it lower but I actually dig the tone of this guitar. Its just a shame it wasn't made better. // 6

RG370DX Reviewed by: jem_fanatic, on march 29, 2005

Purchased from: Musician Inc. Dublin

Features: This guitar was made in korea (I think). It has 24 jumbo fretswhich are supposed to mimic a scalloped fretboard, this also means you don't have to press down hard on the string to get a sound out of it. It has sharktooth inlay (Jackson copy). The body is basswood (light), the neck is maple with a cheap kinda rosewood fingerboard. It has the powersound pickups on it congfig is H-S-H (5 way selector). And an edGe pro 2 trem (it's ok). Mine has like a metallic blue finish. // 8

Sound: This guitar is supposed to be for heavy metal and handles that genre quite well. But I'm a Satch/Vai fan and I wanted something with alot more definition. So I got a evo in the bridge. It plays pretty well nice thin neck. It has a nice sound in clean and dist channels. It works well with my Dimebag Wah and Metalzone pedals. It's a good all round guitar. It's let down by the pickups and low end bridge though. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was setup pretty well in the factory but I had to tweak pickup height and action to fit me. The paint job is pretty well done and the knobs and selector are very sturdy. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will last a long time it's taken its share of falls and nothing to report in injuries. If I were on tour (or was even in a band) I might have to use a backup (if I didn't only have a crappy Epi SG Special which sucks ass). But it's built like a well armoured tank. Strap buttons have no chance of falling off. // 8

Overall Impression: I play Satriani/Vai and some metal aswell. I've been playing about a year and a half I've only had this guitar since christmas though. If it were stolen I'd get a higher end Prestige model Ibanez or a Jem (if I were rich). This is my 1st guitar with a trem on it so thats my favourite feature of it. I hate those bloody powersound pickups! If you get one get them to put new pickups on it before you take it home. I chose this guitar because it was the only guitar that was in the folks price range for christmas time. And a Prestige was completely out of the question. I wopuld buy a Jem if it was stolen or broke (if I had the money ofcourse). Overall I'd give this guitar 3 1/2 out of five but I put four because you can't use fractions. // 8

RG370DX Reviewed by: 12joey.c12, on january 28, 2008

Purchased from: SoundControl

Features: This guitar was made In Indonesia, has 24 jumbo frets, an edge III bridge and Ibanez infinity pickups (H/S/H) The body is basswood. Overall it's built very solid. I wouldn't gig without a backup due to the bridge. The tuners are just stock Ibanez non-locking (I think). It came with a Tone and Volume Controls and a 5-way selector. I bargained the price down from 279 to 230 and got some allen keys, a lead, some strings and a free strap thrown in for free. // 9

Sound: It suits my type of music perfectly. Which is hard rock/metal. I'm using it with my peavy rage and it sounds ok but with my friends Marshall it sounds awesome, and with the Marshall and Morley Power Wah it screams. The stock pickups are pretty good but I would upgrade them sometime in the future once I get a bigger and better amp. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The factory setup was absolutley awful, probably due to some fool messing around with it in the store, but with a few tweaks here and there the action is perfect and it plays like a dream. The bridge still needs setting up properly but I'm not a trem raper and it holds it's tuning fine. The pickups were a little high for my liking but that did'nt take long to fix. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar withstands Live playing great not any of the strings snapped, it held it's tuning and overall is a solid axe. The hardware will definatley last a long time but the edge III is very poor quality metal, I will deffinatley upgrade it with an OFR and some new pickups in the future. The strap buttons are solid but I wasn't taking any risks so I got strap locks. I never gig without a backup because of the bridge (if I snap a string I'm screwed). And the finsh is top quality. // 8

Overall Impression: It suits my playing sytle perfectly the neck is amazingly thin! and once setup properly it plays like a dream. If it were stolen/lost I would be upset but wouldn't buy a new one I would stick to Ibanez but get the S model or a high end RG instead (they have better bridges). I love the way it plays and how it feels, I just wish it came with an Edge Pro or the ZR bridge. I compared it to a Jackson JS30DK, an Epiphone Les Paul Standard and a Schecter Blackhawk and this guitar beat them all hands down. It truly is a beast of an axe. // 9

RG370DX Reviewed by: xJohnxAnarchyx, on january 31, 2008

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia. Year=unknown It has 24 frets on a 3pc. Mahogany neck. Rosewood fingerboard. The body is made from basswood I would suppose. The finish is painted. Black. The body is a Strat style body. The cut away starts at the 21st fret. It has an Edge-III locking tremelo. Passive electronics. It is an H-S-H configuration. It has an INF3, an INFS3, and an INF4. It has mounting rings around the humbuckers. One volume, one tone, and a 5-way selector. Locking tuners. // 9

Sound: This guitar is a more rock style. Which mainly all I play is metal, punk, and hard rock. It works for all of them. I use it through a Drive CD100 with the distortion cranked. it's sound comes out very bright on the first humbucker. And more bassy on the last humbucker. The single coil sounds like your Standard single coil. I'm not a big fan of singles. So in turn I don't really use it. It's kind of noisy on the single. It's got a variety of sound. You can get some nice punk riffs. Heavy metal licks. Blazing solo's. And then some nice bright acoustic leads on the clean setting. Ideal for say the intro in Creed "With Arms Wide Open" or the opening solo in Metallica's "One." All in all a more rock guitar. Perfect for any head bangers arsenal. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It was a very well set up right from the shop. The action is the fastest I've played. Very low action as well. So you can shred it up or slide gracefully. Pickups were adjusted insanely well. Properly routed everything. There were no flaws. People Who tend to find flaws on their guitar got a bad one out of the bunch. But again. The action is amazing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The finish is very durable. I would say it would withstand Live gigs. Don't swing it around without strap locks though. Most guitars will go crash if thrown like that without strap locks. I can depend on this thing. It's very durable. Amazing sound. But for the occasional clean stuff I would have my G-310 waiting in the wings. But no backup is needed if you play straight up distorted rock. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall I would give this guitar a 10. One of the best guitars I've played to date. I've been playing for 2 years now. And I own a G-310 and a Suzuki Strat. This is my fastest action and the most comfortable to play. Everyhting is basically laid out there. You don't really need to be a scientist to figure this guitasr out. If it were lost or stolen I would cry. But I would most definatley buy it again. I love everything about this guitar. Except you can really only keep it in one tuning without having to adjust the spring tension on the tremelo. My favorite feature is the tremelo. I love double lockng trems like these. I only really compared it to one or two other Ibanez's but this was the best. I only wish it had two volumes instead of one. But hey. I can't complain. It's one of the best guitars I own. I reccomend it. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: vinc3nt, on may 26, 2009

Price paid: A$ 825

Purchased from: Turramurra music.

Features: My RG370DX was made in Indonesia, I'm not exactly sure when. It has a 3 peice Wizard II maple neck, 24 jumbo frets. Neck scale: 648mm/25.5" a : Width at Nut 43mm b : Width at Last Fret 56mm (at 21 F) c: Thickness at 1st 19mm d : Thickness at 12th 21mm Radius 400mmR Basswood "Superstrat" body, with a gloss finish, one volume knob, one tone knob and one five way selector Switch. The RG370DX has an edge 3 Floyd Rose tremolo unit, which incorporates low profile fine tuners, and two screws in the arm pocket for easy adjustment of the arm height and torque. (Locking nut comes as Standard with Floyd's). Three pickups, HSH (humbucker, single coil, humbucker) setup. Ibanez factory pickups ("Infinity" or "INF") are pretty decent for factory Standard. You may want to replace them somewhere down the line, but you don't need to worry to early on. All the pickups are passive. INF3 (humbucker) at the neck, INFS3 (single coil) in the centre, and INF4 (humbucker) at the bridge. The guitar came with a small lead and allan key set, crucial for maintinence and tuning. It also includes another tremolo tension spring, for if you decide to uo the gauge of your strings. Mine came with .9 - .42 gauge strings, I think thats the Standard. // 9

Sound: I play mostly heavy metal, and the RG370DX fits the bill just perfectly. You can shred out epic licks on the Wizard II, it feels extremly nice to play on. The neck pickup(INF3), has a warm sound when played clean, and a crunchy sound when played distorted. A great rythem pickup. The centre pickup, (INFS3) is a single coil, and it has a bright sound when played clean. Good for clean songs, it gives quite a bit of buzz when on overdrive. The bridge pickup (INF4) gives gives out a good lead sound, the treble really kicks in. The combonations of neck/centre and centre/bridge make it a very veristile guitar, sound wise. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came in perfect condition, not a single problem found. The pickups pole polarities were setup nicely, as was all the other electrics. The neck was nicely set up, the action was perfect, not too high, nor too low. The Edge III trem was setup perfectly aswell. The pickup selector is perhaps just a tad noisy, but not on a major scale. For example, your playing with delay on and OD, and you change the pickup, you might hear a bit of a clang. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The RG370DX is definetly built to last. I've had mine for quite some time now, and I've had no problems what so ever. The RG370DX is well equiped for some serious shredding, I play the living hell out of mine, and still no problems. My strap hasn't come off once since I put it on, and the tremolo stays in sinc, unless you change strings, in which case it might need some adjusting. Is it dependable? Yes, the RG370DX is one of the sturdiest guitars I've iver played. Like I said, it's built to last. The finish is still going strong, although you might find a few minor scratches on the gloss (if you look really closely) after a few months of playing, as it dosn't have a scratch plate. // 9

Overall Impression: I play mainly heavy metal, and I must say this guitar is perfect for the genre. Not that it's only made for metal, you can play just about anything on it. The RG370DX was my first electric guitar, and I must say it was a good choice, for my particular genre. If I lost my RG, chances are I would get it again. It's just such a nice guitar to play. My favourite feture would probably be the Floyd Rose tremolo system, it's a brilliant feture to sit around and play with for hours on end. One pain would be changing strings, its quite a hassle. It could take up to an hour for an inexperienced person to change the strings and then readjust the tremolo. I origionaly wanted to buy an Epiphone Les Paul/SG, but when i played the RG out in the store i just had to have it. Sure, it might not be in every 14 year olds budget, but if your looking for a great guitar thats going to last, and thats going to give you solid hours of enjoyment, then the Ibanez RG370DX is just the guitar. // 9

RG370DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 13, 2007

Features: It was made in Indonesia, in February 2006. It's black, solid top, but the finish is gorgeous, it reflects like a mirror. The neck is a Wizard 2, 400mm radius fretboard, with 24 jumbo frets. This means it's very comfortable and you can play for hours without hurting yourself. The body is superStrat style basswood and provides good lows and a high pass filter would hav been useful. The neck material is maple, and the fretboard is rosewood. The fretboard finish is truly fantastic and it's got pearloid sharktooth inlays. The pickups (H-S-H) are Ibanez INF3-INFS3-INF4 respectively (with 5 way switching), which are high output, pretty decent for playing hard rock and metal. (I play instrumental rock, metal etc, so it suits my style). The bridge is an Ibanez locking tremolo Edge 3, with low profile fine tuners, which helps the picking hand. Properly set up, the bridge keeps the guitar in tune for months. I received a 1/4" cable with the guitar, but it sucks. No straps etc, but it was fitted with D'Addario EXL 120 strings as a Standard accessory. // 9

Sound: I play rock and metal, and also a bit of blues. I've been playing for about 3 years now and this was my third guitar. I play it through a Korg AX1500G, and it sounds pretty good on soft stuff like Satch's "Always..." and harder songs like Megadeth's "Tornado". With the right parameters, it can sound great. The sound is rich and full, with plenty of harmonics. All the same, you need to practise to improve, and I guess there's a lot about this guitar that I still haven't discovered. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was well ste up and tuned when I bought it. I was the one that opened the ardboard box, so it must have been well set up, when it left the factory. It had been inspected. The pickups etc were well adjusted, as was the bridege. I must confess I was surprised at how well the guitar was set up. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is meant for playing live, it's a pity I don't. The hardware is built to last. It's been through a lot and has stood the test well. I would use it without backup, though replacing strings may take long initially. Tuning it takes ages, but once it's in tune you can't match it for the duration for which it stays in tune. The finish was flawless initially, it's taken a bit of beating and I don't know if it's going to last forever. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing for three years now. I play instrumental rock (Satch mostly), hard rock, metal. This serves me well. I had been looking for an Ibanez in this price range, and I'm glad I chose this. I didn't want a pickguard, so the 350s were out. Looks, action it's got it all. If this were stolen or lost, I'd be devastated. I have a couple of other guitars, viz. a Squier Strat and an acoustic. I also have a bass and a very old violin. This one, though is special. It would make a crap amp sound cool. It makes anything I play sound great. It's my love of a lifetime! Try it, you'll prolly feel the same about your own. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: synpet713192, on december 18, 2007

Purchased from: Banko's Music

Sound: I play mostly metal, and this guitar never disappoints me. I play through my Marshall MG15DFX, and it sounds great. The neck pickup offers amazing tone, with a nice edge. It never sounds stale or boring, no matter what I play. On clean, this pickups offers a nice smooth sound. The middle pickup sounds great when clean, offering a clear and nicely bright tone, somewhat resembling a Strat's tone. My problem with this pickup is that it has a pretty bad hum with distortion. The bridge pickup offers a fatter tone. I find the tone very flat for metal rhythm, but for lead, it sounds amazingly full. It also sounds beautifully rich when playing clean chords. The guitar has amazingly well-rounded sound for its price. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was amazing, straight from the factory. The action was perfect. I've never had a complaint about the pickup heights. The hardware and strap buttons were completely solid from the factory, even though this guitar was sitting around in a warehouse and then a guitar store for a year. No complaints at all. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I can honestly say I would use this guitar without a backup. It easily withstands Live playing. Everything about this guitar is solid. The finish is amazing, I've dropped it against the corner of my desk, to find no damage at all. It's so reliable, I'm amazed at the price I got it for. I feel that this guitar will last me quite a long time. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is basically perfect for me. I have been playing for 5 years, and also own an Epiphone Les Paul Jr., a Squier Affinity Strat, and a Washburn WG-587, and it blows them all away, in tone, playability, and durability. The fast neck and awesome sounds have made me fall in love with this guitar. If it was stolen, I would certainly buy it again. More likely, though, I'd probably hunt down the thief and take it back. I don't hate anything about this guitar. I'd compared it to other guitars in its price range, but nothing came close to it. If you want amazing playability and sound, on a not-so-high budget, then this is my top recommendation. // 9

RG370DX Reviewed by: iakirov, on may 03, 2008

Purchased from: samedaymusic.com

Features: I think it was made in 2007, 'cause it was part of that year catalog and in the box there's this date: 11/01/07, it was made in Indonesia. It is a solid body guitar of Basswood, with 24 jumbo frets, and a 25.5" scale; finished in a metallic blue solid color. It is the typical Stratocaster like guitar in shape with two deep cutaways and sharp horns. The Bridge is the Edge III from Ibanez, passive electronics, with a volume and tone control and a 5-way swith for the pick-ups. Pick-ups are in the H-S-H configuration, from the Infinity series of Ibanez (BZ INF3 (H) Neck PU, IBZ INFS3 (S) Mid PU, IBZ INF4 (H) Bridge PU). Tunes are sealed, self-lubricant, Schaller like. The guitar came with an Instructions Manual, a set of Allen wrenches, and a cable. // 9

Sound: As it's advertised, this guitar is a metal machine and it suits 100% this kind of music, and the best is that is also good for rock, hard, soft rock, I think it can suit any music style. I use a home made solid-state amp and a Zoom G1X with it. The guitar is neiseless, only sitted in front of my computer monitor with the single coil can I hear some background noise using a high gain, distortion patch. The guitar range from sweet clean sounds to very agressive ones using high gain, and it has a high output. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I can't tell for sure how well it was set-up from factory 'cause this guitar went through an odyssey since I bough it in Miami and sent it later to Venezuela where I Live, plus the inner travel from the city of arrival to the city where I Live, so I guess the box stumble a little to say it that way, the fact is that one of the pressure pads were loose in the box, the action lowered, and out of tune, I have to set it up completely before use it. Anywaw, the action can be very low before start producing noises. Pickups are well adjusted so the sound is dynamic and clear. All pieces are put in the right place, it is a very well constructed guitar. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Of course that this guitar can stand Live playing, the feeling (and the fact) is that this guitar seems to be made to last (obviously giving the proper care and maintenance). Finish looks good, I've never hit the guitar against anything to tell how thick or how hard it is, and I hope I won't, but it looks good. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Heavy Metal and this RG370DX is a real good choice for those into metal, No Doubt about it. I'd been playing for about ten years, my other guitar is a Stratocaster replica from an unknown brand I bought once, and I've tried also Jackson, Fender, Gibson, Epiphone, Steinberg, Ibanez, and Dean guitars, and to be honest, this Ibanez guitar is as good (and maybe better than) as any of those. I got to tell that if something happen to this guitar I certainly will buy another if I can, if not, be sure the next choice would be the next most alike guitar. I love the look, the feel of the neck and frets, the soft the strings are, and of course the sound of it. So far I've nothing I hate 'bout it excepting that there is no much choices when picking the color. If I have to select one favorite feature, it would be the pickup setting (H-S-H). I choose this guitar due to the pickups arrangement, the bridge, and the price -it certainly cost less than it's value. Something I wish it has? It should come with a t-shirt or a hat that says "I'm a proud owner of a RG370DX." // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: m4l666, on november 10, 2008

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia in 2007. It has 24 XJ Frets on a Wizard III neck. It has a basswood body, with a black finish. It has a superstrat body shape and a Floyd-Rose copy bridge. It has 3 passive pickups, the INF3, 3S and 4, which are in H, S, H formation. It has a volume knob, a tone knob, and a 5-way Switch. It has Ibanez locking tuners. I only give this a 7 because it is the wrong features for me. // 7

Sound: I play metal. Pretty simply. It has really great tone for metal and rock, and it has decent cleans. I use it with a Line6 Spider III 15, and it sounds fine with that. On occasion I have used it with a friend's Marshall MG, and it sounds amazing through that. On the Insane (hi-gain) channel on my amp (which is the only one I use) it is very crunchy and chunky on the bridge pickup, but I avoid using my neck pickup as it sounds fuzzy and muddy. Good for stoner, but I don't play stoner. It's tone can be controlled loads by the tone knob/pickup select and the volume knob can change from death metal distortion to dirty cleans. It suits my style very well. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came pretty much perfect. Everything was adjusted pretty much the way I want it. The action was stupidly low, how I like it, and everything was in perfect working order. When I bought it, it has a slight nick in the paint on the back, but I didn't/don't mind as I can't see, no-one else can see it while I'm playing. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar seem very durable. I would and have used it live without a backup, and it has stood the test. The hardware is still flawless, and I don't need strap locks at all (but use them just in case). The finish is still solid, if prone to fingermarks. // 9

Overall Impression: I love this guitar for playing metal. However this has the wrong feature set for my playing, as it has a vibrato system I cannot retune easily, and virtually no modern metal bands use Standard or drop D, which is all I can coax from it. I have been playing the guitar for about 8 months now, and after playing friend's guitars, I still like min the best. I wish I had chosen a different guitar though, one with a fixed bridge for the alt. tunings. If it was stolen/lost I would buy a similar one, but with different features. I love the way it plays really well, especially the speed/thin-ness of the neck. I hate the neck pickup tone (apart from cleans), and my favourite feature is the neck. I wish it had a fixed bridge, and better pickups. // 7

RG370DX Reviewed by: master_jamma, on june 08, 2009

Price paid: A$ 1050

Purchased from: O'Sheas Electrical, Dalby

Features: This guitar is one very solid piece! Its made in Indonesia and is only around 5 years old. I have been playing scince I was ten This is one of Ibanez's "Upper Market" guitars, costing an exxy $1050. It's a fair bit for a fifteen year old guitar-lover to fork out, but its worth every cent. This guitar runs with 24 "Jumbo" frets sitting on the top of a bolt-on "Wizard II" neck made from 3PC Maple. The fingerboard is made from the common rosewood, Standard with most guitars of this day and age. The body is a sterdy "Basswood" cutaway shape, a medium heavy, but a perfect size. This guitar looks best in Black and comes with a gloss finish. The RG370DXL comes ready with an "Edge III" Tremolo. This Floyd Rose style setup is excellent for those massive bends and stays in tune fairly well. One problem I have discovered is that the whammy come loose from too much use. A good service can fix this but still and all. It has three controls: A Volume control, A Tone control and a 5-Way Selector for all the more sound variations. There are three types of Pickups used on this model: Neck: Ibanez INFINITY III - Humbucker (There are Two of these) Middle: Ibanez INFINITY III - Single Coil Bridge: Ibanez INFINITY IV - Humbucker (There are also Two of these) The guitar came with the Whammy Bar and a lead but they are the only extras included. Yeaa sorry guys, no free strap and case with this one. This is a top quality guitar made from top quality gear to produce a mind-blowing sound. // 9

Sound: My style is Rock and Metal. Everything from ACDC to Metallica, and the RG370DXL lets me be in the action. This guitar is the Devil and The Angel thrown into one. The Humbuckers give that clean yet deafening effect to any Metal piece, but it also has a swift clean effect hidden deep inside somewhere. One other plus is that the harmonics on this guitar are incredibly steady. I run this piece through a Zoom A1 effects pedal, into an Ibanez TBX30R amp. Some may say that 30 watt isnt alot of sound, but lets just say, I haven't been game to take it past the 3rd setting yet. My gear isn't the best, but it makes some lovely sounds when used correctly with the guitar. This guitar can generate almost any sound you desire, but it really shows of on a super distorted and bright sound. Keep it loud, and it will show its full potential. Its good on the softer stuff, but isnt really made for it. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was delivered with a somewhat "overlooked" action. It wasn't the best I have seen. It gave off a load of unwanted buzz, but with a personal tweak, I got it sounding a little better. The pickups were spot on and level. The only flaw that i could find was the action problem, a miscoloured fine-tuner and the plastic cap on the switcher was not glued on properly. Otherwise, it was in good condition. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is suitible for a whole tour from the standards I have been presented with. The thick yet light body make things easier for the user. The bolt-on neck also makes the guitar more simple to fix if there is damage. The hardware is durable enough for a while, but not for a long period of time. It will definately need replacing in future. This guitar is high maintnance for me. Others may not be as fussy, but when it comes to music, It has to be perfect. It needs to be cleaned often and the cracks and crannies collect dust which looks tacky with the black finish. I would take back up to a gig if I was using this guitar. Its reliable, but its few flaws make one concider "better be safe than sorry". // 7

Overall Impression: This piece gives me shivers. It works with my style in both sound and visuals. Its got a tough look and tough sound to go with it. I shopped around for about 6-8 months looking for the right guitar for me and this guitar did it. It had all of the things I was searching for in a guitar. It had styleand sound so it had to be good! One downfall of this product is the pricetag. Its a fair bit to pay when your only fifteen years old, but they have to make some profit. I compared it to Jackson guitars and they were around about the same quality, about the same age and Jackson was really hard to beat, but it came down my gut instinct and I went with the Ibanez. This guitar is exellent for an experienced learner and I would recomment Ibanez Guitars to anyone in search of a set of new strings. // 9

RG370DX Reviewed by: EVH-SETH, on december 09, 2010

Features: I'm not sure of the year. Made in Indonesi. Some of the main things that popped out to me was the Wizard II 24 fret neck. This thing is WICKED fast and smooth. I have mine set so low that its rediculous. Along with that is the Edge III bridge. Whammy after whammy its in tune. Granted the strings will loosen and you have to fine tune every couple days but I mean common. The fine tuners themselves are great. I can go from Standard tuneing to drop d without lossening the neck nut! The guitar is basswood and get pretty deep. It can brighten up in my opinion also. Very versatile tones. // 10

Sound: The guitar is basswood and get pretty deep. It can brighten up in my opinion also. Very versatile tones. I get a great thick clean tone out of the neck pickup (INF3) and I get a great Strat like twang from the mid pickup (INFS3) and slap some distortion on the bridge and your set. For future though changing pickups is always up to you. This guitar doesn't NEED it at all but it will open up another doorway to tones. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Said so above - This thing is WICKED fast and smooth. I have mine set so low that its rediculous. Along with that is the Edge III bridge. Whammy after whammy its in tune. Granted the strings will loosen and you have to fine tune every couple days but I mean common.- I have noticed that I play faster with this compared to any other guitar I have owned. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Strap Buttons are HUGE. Built like a rock. Finish is thick and rich. I would gig and gig ang gig with this puppy. I don't leave the house without this guitar anymore. Only thing I might add is the tuning pegs are like artificial. I might pop some schallers on there or something. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Hendrix, VH, Mettalica, Ozzy, you name it. I own maybe 5 guitars? And I've had god knows how many. This is the first one I haven't got bored with within the first month. Definitely my favorite feature is the neck fast as **** and its not even Ibanez's best one! If you get a chance I would definitely go for a better model though. 550? You can't go wrong. But if you find this in a store for a good price snatch that baby up. // 9

RG370DX Reviewed by: Kill em all89, on june 21, 2004

Purchased from: Music123.com

Features: - Made in Korea - 24 frets - 1 volume knob and 1 tone - H/S/H pickup configuration - Basswood body. The finish is black and the body style is a Strat. The bridge is a Edge pro II bridge. The nec/scale is maple and has jumbo frets. It came with a cable and some allen wrenches for the bridge. // 10

Sound: It gives a good sound. I play classic rock,thrash metal, and speed metal. I'm using a Vox Pathfinder 10 amp with a Ibanez DE7 pedal and a rocktek distortion pedal. Its not really noisy it has a pretty good tone. This guitar can make a lot of good sounds its pretty versatile. I like everything about this guitar. No flaws. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action was just right. The pickups were adjusted really well. The bridge was properly routed. The finish was very nice. The inlays on the guitar were really nice, shark toothed inlays. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is pretty sturdy. The finish is good enough to last. The strap buttons are solid it never came off. I can depend on it in a gig but I would need a backup cuz this guitar has a locking bridge and I need a regular bridge for standard tuned songs (my Ibanez is half step thats why). // 10

Overall Impression: Like I said above, I play classic rock, thrash metal, and speed metal. I've been playin for a year and I own a Yamaha C 40, and Epiphone S-310. If it was stolen or lost I would buy another one. I love everything about it. My favorite feature is the whammy bar you can do a lot of sounds with that. I wish it had EMGs on it. That about sums it up. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on june 28, 2004

Features: I've had it about half a year I think. It's got a nice 24 fret bolt on maple neck standard with lovely lovely shark tooth inlays (Jackson rip off's). Black Gloss finish, H/S/H Ibanez stock pickups. I think the body is basswood. Err and there an edge 2 floating bridge. // 8

Sound: I play alot of metal so with the wizard 2 neck its a beaut to play, I wanted to get an RG550 but don't have enough mun mun so im stuck with the whimpy stock pickups, I'll probably get a EMG 81/Paf/85 set when I have some money. The sound isnt very deep and gives a very tinny feal to a good guitar. Because of the H/S/H config i can get alot of sounds but it wouldent bother me if I only had the bridge and neck, like on a normal Strat the single coil in the midle position always sounds a bit weak and its like that on this guitar. Good for pulling A/harmonics \m/. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Thh action was slightly high when I got it but it only took a few mins to get it just right, the pickups were all the wrong heights for my playing, the brige was low and sounded thin, the single sounded fine but was set far to high (stil wont screw down far enough) for fast struming. The Bridge is average, it stays in tune if your lucky but usualy goes flat when it settles so I might replace with a floyd rose original. Like all Ibz the paint work is crap and chips and dents very easily but that dosnt worry me much, I worry more abou the soft wood spliting when the pivots of the trem are (like on my last Ibanez) When i first got it the neck was quite rough where the fret wire wasnt filed well enough, wire wool sorted that out thou. Even though the are problems withg this guitar its still beutifal and fun to play. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I havent giged this guitar yet but I think I would need somthing with a fixed bridge to be more reliable unless I get an original floyd, also i need new pickups. Only a dumbass would gig without backup. // 8

Overall Impression: As I said I play alot of metal so my guitar gets thrashed alot, I've been playing almost a year and a half and I have My RG370DX and a bastard cross of an Ibanez GSA60 and a CSL Strat copy pthat will be played through a soon to be acuired MESA dual rectifier solo head \m/ If this was stollen id probably cry like a girl... Then buy a new IBZ or maybe an ESP Ltd. Everything depends on money you now, I wish it had active EMG's but then again I wish I was in bed with Jenna Jameson. // 8

RG370DX Reviewed by: DasseG, on august 27, 2004

Purchased from: gak.co.uk

Features: Made in Korea in 2004. 24 fret maple neck with jumbo frets and rosewood fretboard (25.5" scale). Basswood body with "moon shadow" finish - looks kinda metallicy and satinish. Superstrat body - v sexy curves - great for scoring chicks lol; ). It's got an "Edge Pro 2" locking tremelo and stock pickups H-S-H. And of course that v cool headstock. On a guitar this price u get loads and loads and I cant expect it to have a coil tap or a D-tuner. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of classic rock eg Zeppelin, GnR (does that count as classic rock?) and some newer stuff like the Darkness (why are you lookin at me like that? ), Muse etc. I run it through an Ibanez WD7 wah and a Behringer GM108 combo. It suits perfectly with its distorted sounds and its clean sounds have a sparkle about them reminiscent of a Telecaster. However it would sound better if the stock pickups werent so shite. Nevertheless I get very seductive wails and amazing divebombs out of this guitar. Now if only I had some foxy ladies to play for. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Extremely well set up - the paintwork was perfect with no chips and theyve even painted the cavity with the strings in there. The action was good out of the factory but I think I might get it even lower - I love those face-melting solos. The heights of the pickups were just perfect and the single coil had almost the same volume as the humbuckers. The hardware was jus perfect except the tremelo arm is a bit too loose and can fall out with lively playing (I'm talking bout Steve Vai/Justin Hawkins like playing here.) // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would definitely gig this guitar but would need a backup because of the locking nut - string changes and tuning changes would take forever with any locking trem. Harware looks good, especially the tuners which look rather cool in black on the light wood of the headstock. Strap buttons look fine and the finish looks like its going to Shine just as much in a couple thousand years. The metallic silver and the sexy curves of the guitar suit perfectly and it's guaranteed to get any chicks that u play for horny. // 10

Overall Impression: Suits my style perfectly, but then again I did buy it to suit my style lol. I've only been playing for bout a year and this is my first electric but I've tried out loads of guitars at shops and at friends houses and for the price range of this guitar its excellent. I would have expected to have paid around 350 or so for a guitar like this and its perfect for me. If it was stolen I would buy this guitar again, or if I had more money a higher model rg most definitely. I love the really thin neck and the low action as well as the trem, which works fantastically. I find the locking nut annoying tho as it takes a long time to go to drop d or other tunings. I compared this guitar to an Epiphone Les Paul Studio, Jackson JS20 and a BC Rich Warlock and this was quite easily the best. Feature packed and with an amazing sound. I'd like it to either have a D-tuner or locking tuners instead of a locking nut but at this price you cant complain at all. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 03, 2005

Purchased from: Steve's music store

Features: - Cases included in the price - Made in Korea - 24 jumbo frets - 1 volume, 1 tone - 5 way selector - H/S/H - Lock system - Black hardware - Shark teeth inlay // 10

Sound: I usually play metal and lead guitar. If you're like me, this guitar is for you! I use a Peavey Bandit 112 Amp with a Metal Zone pedal and a Compression Sustainer pedal. The sound is just amazing! It is very easy to bend the strings with it or use the tremolo bar. What I like about this guitar is that you can play any sort of music with it. It can make a very powerful sound and a clean sound. But not both at the same time of course. This guitar is just great! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came in perfect condition. Not a scratch, nothing of poor quiality, not a sign of rust or loose controls. No flaws! Very cool shark tooth inlays. The only problem, according to myself, is that the shape is a little ordinary. You will probably want to change that after a few years. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will last a long time. The finish is good enough to last. If you like to change the tunings to play different song, maybe you would prefer a different model. The locking system makes very long to tune it. But atleast it will stay tuned for a long period of time. // 8

Overall Impression: Like I said before, I play alot of metal and also blues. The sound can be very powerful or clean either way, the guitar sounds good! I've been playing for almost 6 years now. If it was stolen/lost, I would probably buy somethong else simply because of the locking system and the shap of the body it gets boring after a few years. Besides that, I love the sound, the looks, I like pretty much everything about it! When I bought it, I compared it to th Epiphone G-400. I choose this Ibanez because it had things that the G-400 didn't have. That's pretty much it. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: thepagesaretorn, on january 05, 2006

Purchased from: zzounds.com

Features: My 370DX was made in 2005. It's got 24 jumbo frets for the scalloped effect, with a bound rosewood fretboard, a maple neck and a body of basswood, which really helps weight-wise. That really makes the guitar awesome though is it's got an Edge III floating tremolo bridge, INF (by DiMarzio) pickups (which just scream) in a H-S-H formation, and a locking mech so tuning and bridge alignment doesn't become a pain. The inlays are sharktooth design, which people like to say is a copy of Jackson, but I find it more beautiful. And also my guitar has a Night Black finish. // 10

Sound: First of all, I'm very eclectic in my styles. I play everything from poppy and emo rock (gotta play for the ladies) to alternative rock (which my band is at the moment) to hardcore metal. Really though, I bought this guitar with the purpose of learning instrumental rock like Vai and Satriani, because I've always wanted a JEM but could never afford it (and the RG370DX is set up quasi-similarly), but this guitar is made for harder, more distorted stuff. The INF pickups scream and with my weak Kustom KGA10 I still produce a very rich sound, especially with the OD on high. The floating tremolo helps a ton w/ making a variety of sounds, and I'm actually in the process of trying to get my guitar to say words. Really, the guitar makes pretty much no feedback (except when on the single coil, but even then it's not that bad), but it lacks the quality necessary for some cleaner techniques, so yeah that's one area it's not versatile. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Be prepared to send this immediately to the repair shop to get the gear adjusted, because although all the materials are great and most of the things are perfectly put, the pickups werent properly screwed in, the floating edge III collapsed into the cavity, and the truss had to be realigned. Once I got it back from the shop though, it plays beautifully! Other than that, there were no finish flaws, no loose tuning pegs, no bad quality anything (and people should bring brand new guitars to the shop anyways because new guitars never are truly adjusted perfectly from the shop with some exceptions). So yeah if I rated based on how it came from the factory, it'd be unplayable (or less than 3), but after it coming from the shop I'd want to rate it over 10. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is one crazy guitar. Of course I'd come to a gig w/a backup (I've also got a Strat), but I would see this guitar as withstanding live playing. So far, after getting it from the shop, it plays so well; it's like cutting hot butter. I'd almost bet my first-born on reliability now. // 10

Overall Impression: Like i said above, I play everything, but mostly harder rock and instrumental stuff. Vai has always been my hero and so when I saw this, the first thing in my mind was "cheap JEM knockoff!" and well, it does it's job. I've been playing for about 2 1/2 years now and about 7-10 hours a day (no joke, im addicted), and I'm around guitars a lot (I hang out at Guitar Center with my friends all the time). I'm really happy with my choice too. The floating tremolo is very new to me and I still gotta get used to it, but I love playing around with it for hours and hours. One thing I don't like about floating tremolos in general is the tension issues and trying to tune to lower guitar tunings like half step down or drop C/B, as the floating tremolo will collapse into the bridge from lack of tension from the strings. But I knew this from the start; floating tremolos are just in general harder to work with, but once u get used to them you can do with them as you please. If this guitar was lost, I'd freak out and scream for a day because it's just not expensive enough to get insurance on, but too expensive to just throw away. I'd probably buy it again, if not a better RG (like a Prestige model) or, if possible, a JEM. My other guitar is a Squier Affinity Strat, and it's an older model so it's actually more than decent, and I use it still when I need half step tunings, but this guitar blows it away easily. I love my RG370DX. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: JanickClone, on february 08, 2006

Purchased from: Axe Music

Features: Made in Korea as this year's model, Ibanez has put out a monster of a guitar. With a super flat, extra long 24 fret, scalloped neck made out of basswood, I find myself absolutly flying through the frets. I personally got the electric blue version, but was fairly obsessed with the dark grey one as well. The extreme 'metal' look of the extreme pointed Stratocaster is extremely pleasurable for the guitarist searching for a new look, or even, an alternate look. The locking tuners add for a fantastic experience, almost never having to worry about re-tuning your guitar after a week of playing new strings. Easily worth a 10 in the features department as it is Loaded with fun features (my favorite is the shark tooth inlays). // 10

Sound: Personally, I play a religous-like amount of Maiden, folowed closely by megadeth, Black Label Society and Black Sabbath. Obviously, a metal lover. I find that it matches the sound I search for in every song. With 2 humbuckers, and a single coil crafted by Di'Marzio, the options are endless. When under the influence of distortion, this guitar absolutly rips and it creates that exact mix between heavy lows and high, but not screeching, highs, that every metal player strives to create. When the distortion is turned off it does a complete turnaround. I find myself being mystified by the hugeness of its clean tone, for such a heavy guitar. It is rich and full with a hint of darkness in it. I am runing it through my crybaby and DF7 distortion factory pedals into my crate 32w amp (yes, tiny, but great sound). Anything more cannot even be described, merely a must buy for any heavy rock or metal player. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Am I secure that it can stand up to my shred and bashing? 100%. This guitar is a monster, and one that feels like it is built to take 2x more than any human can unleash on it. I would feel safe playing in front of 10000 people with no back up at all. I may seem like I am on Ibanez' payroll, but I am speaking that which I truly beleive. // 10

Overall Impression: I have played my customized Fender Double Cut Esprit for about 2 years now, and guitar for about 4 in total. I have a passion for buying and using new and more modern equipment, but would always seem to go back to my expensive Fender. In the month or so I have had of my RG370DX my Fender has not come off the wall. As more of a rhythm player, I never found myself soloing very much as I had troubles getting all cluttered up in frets on mine, and other peoples guitars. But this fretboard has changed that, I can rip through the frets all the way up to the 24th at a speed I never knew I could play, and this is a must for many Maiden players. That is my main boast about this guitar, it's speed and tone. Both are uncomparable even to the extreme high end guitars made by Gibson and Fender. I would buy a new one in a flash should (heaven forbid) anything happen to it. My passion and confidence in my guitar playing has reached an alltime high with a cheap, perfectly made guitar. Ibanez? I salute you. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: Damagepln6, on may 03, 2006

Purchased from: cascio interstate

Features: Like most RG bodies, each curve and cut away has a smooth yet jagged feel and the contoured basswood body means it won't weigh you down. A beautiful 24 jumbo fret rosewood fretboard graced with a shark tooth inlay, allows limitless exploration. As far as electoric setup, it's equiped with Ibanez stock pickups in the humbucker-single-humbucker style. Then you got ur volume and tone knobs along with a 5 way selector. it's all topped off with the Ibanez trademark edge pro locking trem. // 8

Sound: I'm a metalhead and this guitar is great for the soloing and low heavy stuff, but it certainly isn't limited to that. it's got a beatiful acoustic clean tone that can really be utilized by blues and bluegrass players as well as others. Great sustain especially for a bolt-on neck, which allows you to go far with tremolo dives and pinch harmonics. for the metalhead Who try this product, I run mine through a Marshall amp using nothing but an Ibanez Smashbox Distortion and a Dunlop Crybaby wah, and my goodness, it's an orgasmic sound. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything on this guitar was intact and inthe right places on the beutiful black, polished, finished body, doing was it was supposed to do correctly, no problems here. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This is a take-anywhere Guitar, in the studio, on the stage, wherever. The RG370DX has a strong neck and a chip-resistant body, this beast can take a beating. The hardware checks out too, although I'll be replacing my pickups with something more specific for metal use, I would definately rely on the standard pickups in concert. // 10

Overall Impression: Its sound is amazing and versatile. It's built to withstand life in the studio or on the road. Perfect for my metal destruction and it didn't burn a hole in my pocket. It's my Ibanez RG370DX and I'll tell you right now, if I make it as a famous musician one day, this is the guitar you're gonna see me with. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on october 03, 2006

Purchased from: Value Plus Guitars

Features: My Ibanez is a 2005 RG370DX made in Indonesia. It's a 24 jumbo fret, rosewood neck, which feels beutiful and lets my fingers move lightning fast compared to other guitars I've tried. The body is made of basswood which is fairly light, with a shiny black finish. The bridge is a Edge Pro bridge (Ibanez made), with 2 humbucking and one single pickup, along with a volume and tone knob, and a 5-way pickup selector. Although the guitar didn't come with anything, it still seems like a fair price for the great guitar it is. // 10

Sound: I play a lot of everything, from the Chili Peppers all the way to Metallica, and it suits it all perfectly, it has a good clean sound and a ear tearing distortion when used with my Line 6 Spider II. The neck and bridge pickups are awesome, except for the middle pickup which buzzes whenever I switch it over. It can give you any sound, from Under The Bridge to the crunch of Whole Lotta Love, to the pure distortion madness of Painkiller. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action on my guitar is beutiful, I added in some super light guage strings so I barely have to touch the strings to get a sound out. The only downside of the guitar is when it comes to how the pickups were set up. I'm not sure if it's just the guy sold it to me dropped it in the storage room or if it's a factory mistake, but the springs holding the pickups came loose and the pickups started hitting the strings (something I was able to fix). // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have had this guitar for only two months, but it's seen it's fair share of bumps and drops already, and aside from the problem with the pickups falling out, it's still holding up perfectly. The strap buttons are still going strong, and I would definitley use it live without a backup. The finish seems like it will last atleast another 6 months, with me playing about 2 hours a day, every day. // 9

Overall Impression: I have been playing for about 6 months, and I've tried Gibson Les Pauls, a Gibson Explorer and this guitar can compete with them all. If someone stole it, I'd hunt them down and take it from their cold dead hands. I love the feel of this guitar, the neck is silky smooth and the trem works great. For all you reading this review, you should atleast consider this guitar before buying a 1500$ Gibson. // 9

RG370DX Reviewed by: Rock Boy, on november 03, 2006

Purchased from: GuitarAmpKeyboard.com

Features: The guitar was made in Indonesia in 2006. It has got a flat, thin wizard II neck made of 3pc. maple with 24 jumbo frets and rosewood fingerboard. The body is a superstrat style made of basswood and colored in black. The bridge is a Floyd Rose double locking tremolo known as Edge III. There are a volume knob, a tone knob and a 5-way pickup selector. The pickups are configurated HSH and is IBZ INF3, IBZ INF3S and IBZ INF4 pickups. The factory strings are D'Addario strings. // 10

Sound: I mostly play all from blues rock to punk to hard rock to nu metal, and the guitar is perfect for all of the styles above. The sound is bright and strong, which makes it great for solos. I use DigiTech DF7 Distortion Factory & Digital Delay pedals into a Laney HCM15R Amplifter. The pickups gives everything from a clean, shimmering sound to a crushing, distorted roar. Use the neck and the middle pickups for soft rock and neck and bridge pickups for hard rock. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The string action is low and is very easy to both fingerpicking and using a plectrum. The pickups were perfect adjusted and doesn't make noise unless you are using a distortion sound that can rip walls apart. Then, it comes a low noise, so it's not noisy pickups at all. The black color were not containing a single mark. I didn't find rust on the guitar at all and the hardware were working as it was supposed to do. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I would use this guitar everywhere without a backup! There have never been problems with the electronics or the mechanics. The finish is as great as when I got the guitar and everything seems to be ok. The strap buttons are solid, but I use strap locks to prevent the guitar from slipping out of the strap. The floyd rose tremolo keeps the guitar in tune for months. // 10

Overall Impression: As said before, I play a lot of blues rock, punk, hard rock and nu metal and this guitar can do it all. I hav been playing for a year now and got this guitar about 3 months ago. If this guitar were stolen, I would either buy this one or an Ibanez RGT42DX, which has neck-through neck and even stronger pickups(IBZ INF 1 & 2). I love everything about this guitar because this guitar is totally awesome. This is the best guitar I've ever owned, and for the price, it's almost not thinkable that it costs so low! I only wish that it had piezo pickups. Then it would have been the best! Rock on with this beast! // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on march 08, 2007

Purchased from: www.gak.co.uk

Features: This is a nice guitar that I've been playing for a year and 3 months now, although I have been playing for 2 years. Mine is the 2005 model made in Korea with a basswood body and Wizard 2 piece maple neck with rosewood finger board and 24 jumbo frets which make it incredibly easy to play fast solo's and leads or slower melodic chords. The Standard IBZ INF 3 and 4 pickups are quite chunky for stock pickups and give a good sound, but I have replaced mine with Seymour Duncan SH-8's to suite my style. The Edge III tremolo is also well made and the guitar stays in tune for days on end even with constant playing and whammy useage. // 9

Sound: I mainly play rock and metal such as Avenged Sevenfold, towers of london, Offspring and the Who. The Standard IBZ pickups were fine and delivered a good clean sound when played clean, and a sharp crunchy distortion sound when distorted, harmonics were also quite easy to acheive with these pickups. The pickups are layed out in H/S/H, and have a 5-way selector switch, the middle pickup (single coil) can hum a little at times but it's nothing major. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When the guitar arrived everything was fine and tight and there were no problems at all. However after a few weeks of playing the input jack began to come loose, so I had to tighten this, it then came loose again a few weeks later which again I tightened, and fingers crosses it has been tight for the last 8 or so months now. Also, I had to adjust the pickups to sutie my style and taste, which was done easily and they can be easily highered or lowered, however, a problem I have faced twice is that for some reason the neck pickup has gone lop sided, and actually fell into the guitart on one side, this is a nuisance as it is difficult to get the screw and spring back in the mounting hole without taking strings off, but it can be done. I have the black finish guitar, and it has a nice shine to it, but does show dust and smudges quite badly, so regular polishing is neccesary, but that doesnt't hurt anyone. It has also had a fair share of knocks in practices and transport to and from practices, and there are no visible marks or damage. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Overall this is a very sturdy guitar and would easily be greaty for Live playing, as I have played this guitar Live several times and it has been fine. The hardware seems very stable and well built, and the pickup Switch has taken many a rough switching and it still fine and sturdy. The strap buttons are solid and don't seem like they would come off easily, as they haven't yet. In all honesty I would like a back up at a gig as well as this guitar, but I'm just a cautious person and I have used this guitar without a back up and felt safe enough. The finish also seems quite thick and doesnt't chip easily. // 8

Overall Impression: Overall I think this is an amazing guitar for beginners or experts alike. I play mine through a Boss MT-2 metal zone pedal and a Zoom 505II gutiar multi effects pedal, which is then rigged through my computer and then into my stereo speakers on the wall. Should this guitar get stolen by some jelous fag, I would definately buy another, if not an RG prestige, depending on my finances at the time. Basically, if you like to play rock/metal with fast solos and leads, then this is definately the guitar for you as it sound great, looks great and is incredibly easy to play with then thin neck. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: The Crowing24, on june 07, 2007

Purchased from: dcmusic.com

Features: I think it was made in Indonesia 2003. It has 24 jumbo frets, rosewood finger board, shark tooth inlays, 3 piece maple neck and a bolt on construction. It is a solid top Strat body but with sharper edges which make the guitar look a lot more bad ass and has a Basswood body. It has an Edge III Floyd D. Rose bridge and passive pickups. It comes with 1 volume, 1 tone knob and 5 way position Switch. Pickup configuration is H/S/H (humbucker/single/humbucker) and I believe they are Ibanez Infinity pickups. Tuners are non locking and but very reliable and look sick and the guitar didn't come with any accesories. // 7

Sound: I play a lot of metal and metal core and honestly I was expecting more from these pickups but at least they are better than my old Washburn X10's pickups. I was using a small Ibanez 15w amp which didn't cut it so I went to a store and tried it through a Line 6 Spider III and it sounded so much better. The pickups weren't that noisy but they weren't strong enough for what I was playing, but this guitar can make some cool sounds if you know how to use the floyd rose, just change the pickups and get a good amp and this guitar is fine. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came in pretty bad shape, for example: the floyd rose was completely out of wack, the frets were rusted and the the neck was bent so I had to take it to a guitar specialist and $160 later the guitar was as good as new. The tuning keys, the knobs and the 5 way position Switch were fine. // 4

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar is pretty reliable with some good strings in it. I also think it will withstand Live play just fine, but always with a backup, you never know when a string might break and mess up the tension on the bridge and neck. The strap buttons seem pretty solid and the finish seems ok but I wouldn't know because I am very cautious with all my guitars. // 8

Overall Impression: Like I said before I play a lot of metal and metal core and with the right pickups and amp this guitar is a monster. I've been playing for a little more than 2 years self taught and this was my third guitar and second electric. I wish I had known what I know now before buying this guitar but you only learn with experience. If you want to buy this guitar just for the floyd rose because "it's cool and a lot of people use it" than you're in for a rude awakening. With the floyd rose forget about drop tunings and changing string gauge because it messes up the tension between the neck and the bridge and can mess up your guitar pretty badly. If it were stolen before I sold it I would be very pissed because then I wouldn't be able to by my new guitar. So finally if you're a lead guitarist who likes folyd rose and is going to chage the pickups and get a good amp this your guitar. // 7

RG370DX Reviewed by: Joesuph, on december 17, 2007

Features: Two words: "Floyd Rose", the tremelo on this guitar is simply excellent, it's the perfect accessory for metal guitar players (such as myself), I haven't yet found a guitar yet which makes it easier to pull off such epic divebombs than on this one. However, it is very difficult to balance the action, get the right intonation and change strings if you don't know what you're doing with one of these, I used a past issue of Total Guitar but I'm sure there'll be plenty of websites with the right information. The other particularly outstanding feature of this guitar are the Jumbo frets, with the introduction of these seemingly pointless things, my speed has increased an incredible amount, everything is just so much easier to play with jumbos, another aspect which we all know is essential in being a decent metal player. Apart from that however, no other accessories are included other than the necessary allen keys and a whammy bar. // 7

Sound: Outstanding for all kinds of music, although I can't imagine the looks fitting in with light rock or indy styles, the sound can be both intensely metal, or mellow and really beautiful on an acoustic setting. I'm currently running it through a Marshall AVT150X and it is simply incredible sounding turned up loud with overdrive pumped up. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: As I said earlier, the action is fairly hard to set up once strings have been changed, BUT it comes ready to play straight out of the factory and once you have the right advice it is all fairly easy to maintain. The overall finished product was excellent I found, therefore no complaints there, other than the future maintainence being fairly tricky. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I feel bad doing this as the guitar really is excellent and it may have just been me that is the problem with it, however, following some adjustment of the action and springs (for the bridge) it has become completely impossible to use the whammy bar, extremely disappointing. All of the wiring etc is absolutely fine, however I would have given this section a lower rating if I was completely sure it wasn't my fault. Would not use this as a live guitar (not anymore anyway). // 6

Overall Impression: For metal the looks are about as brutal as they come and the shiny finish looks as beautiful as it does cool. Along with my Marshall it sounds absolutely stunning, being able to pick out every note in a shredding solo, to being able to bend a note up 3 tones in an acoustic/slower song. I get barely any feedback at all from the pickups which is always a bonus, especially whilst playing live. I also have a Cry-Baby wah pedal which goes perfectly with the guitar. As I said before, my playing has increased hugely since I bought this guitar so I would certainly have to give at least half the credit purely to the jumbo frets. When I compare this guitar to my 68 reissue Fender it brings a tear to my eye at how little the Ibanez cost and how much the Fender did as the Ibanez is simply head and shoulders about it. Therefore in conclusion, please, please don't let my bad experience with the tremelo put you off as this guitar really is excellent inspite of this. Get to your nearest guitar shop and try it out, for every metal guitar player this guitar is absolutely second-to-none within its price bracket. // 8

RG370DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 17, 2008

Features: 24 XJ frets, laminated black finish, basswood body, Start-style body, but sharper, and with more cutaway on the horns. Floyd Rose bridge, Passive Edge III pickups, controls: tone, volume/drive, 5-way toggle, Ibanez black tuners. See my profile for photos. // 9

Sound: I am quite new to guitar, but I play mainly metal and theory-esque stuff. It suits metal very well, as it distorts well, but it's clean is a bit too tinny. I use it with a Line 6 Spider III 15, on the "Insane" channel. The sound is beautiful, though, and very easily adaptable. I can go from Led Zeppelin to Obituary in seconds. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is very good for my style of playing, but has very little sustain, so much so I have been considering getting a reverb pedal or something similar to compensate. This seems to be one of my (not very many) complaints. The pickups are fine, but once you have turned the volume knob up past "on", it stays the same volume, but with slightly more Drive. It also came (from the factory) with a slight nick in it on the body. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This seems very solid, and it will probably stand up to playing live. I am gigging with it soon. The hardware is definitely going to last. The strap buttons are very good, but I haven't taken any chances and I use a strap-lock. I would use it in a gig without a backup. The finish seems like it would last forever, and the tuning isn't going anywhere with the tune-locks on. // 8

Overall Impression: I play mainly metal, hardcore and rock. It suits these styles very well. I have not been playing guitar that long, but I'm quite lucky as I can pick up an instrument and play it without that much effort. It looks amazing, and plays very well. If this guitar was stolen, I would hunt down the guy who stole it, and then chop of his genetalia with a blunt spoon. I love the guitar for it's looks and playability, but I hate the fact that it looks so good, because everyone assumes I am much better at guitar than people think I am! I compared it to all the other guitars in the price range, and there was a more expensive one with a silver scratchplate, but I prefered this one because it was pure black. I like black. I wish it had a 7th string? // 8

RG370DX Reviewed by: sock_demon, on april 24, 2008

Features: Ibanez's classic superstrat design is back for another round, but it's got a crappy tag partner. The 370DX gives relatively good value for the price. I got mine in solid black because I'm such a trend whore. This solid top guitar is pretty heavy compared to other guitars I've played, most of them, Jacksons. but I chose Ibanez over other brands primarily because the shape appealed to me. it was tough, the pickup braces give it a certain, rough and tough look. Which was precisely what I was going to do with this machine. Since this was my first guitar with locking tuners and being a man (instruction manuals are for girls) I had some issues with the bridge and tuners, but I eventually got around it. A five way selector allows versatility in sound as well as something to play with when you get bored. I got jumbo frets because bigger is better and I have pretty big hands. The pickups are pretty stock, Infinity series H/S/H Config, though I would have preffered H/H/H like on Gilbert's PGM 200. The Edge 3 bridge: Crap. The little string blocks that hold the strings in aren't built into the saddle so they can be easily lost during repair. When I need my whammy bar it's always hanging like a geriatric penis off my bridge, what I need is a bar that stays in position so that I can do my thing. // 7

Sound: I prefer shred, progressive, and jazz. So this really let's me do my thing without looking like the idiot Who plays pantera on his '67 Strat. I use the 370DX with a (R you ready) Line 6 Spider 3. Yeah, it's hackneyed, but it's great for the price. Don't really have any effects pedals, I just borrow my friends (Boss DD-7, MD-2, Dunlop Wah) As with most locking tremelo systems, you can do all the fun noises and sounds the Vai and Li make while performing. I honestly can't tell the difference between the sound of the 370DX and it's kin. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything was up to par with this one. Action was fine. Body doesn't poke me unless I'm having sex with it. Black finish. I look back now and I want it in a different colour, everyone has a black guitar now. It's starting to rust, but only in the saddle, mostly because of my sweaty hands, otherwise, I think it would last quite a while. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This has been my main guitar since I got it, though there have been 3-month periods where it lay in my room, with one of the middle strings missing. I wouldn't use any guitar without a backup because I really abuse my whammy bars. As said before, think Li + Vai abuse. That's pretty bad. Otherwise, if strings weren't a problem and the issue of tuning to other tunings, I would probably only bring this one. Though my Yamaha works in a pinch. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this guitar, though not a big fan of Edge 3. Good quality for the price of $400 CDN. I wish I had this guitar in hot pink. My overall impression is that the 370DX is pretty good for the price, though if money isn't an issue, definitely get some of the better ones. // 9

RG370DX Reviewed by: IbanezHero94, on january 27, 2009

Price paid: C$ 700

Purchased from: Music City

Features: Made in 2008 in Japan, this ungodly guitar has twenty four frets on a beautiful maple 3-pc. Wizard II neck. It has a solid Basswood body that is a tad heavy, but fairly easy to work with, and the finish coating that brutally shows you're fingerprints. It has a pointed Stratocaster style of body which looks beautiful, and has an Edge III bridge, which is a beautiful string thru style and sounds amazing with great note sustain with the whammy bar. There is one volume knob, one tone, and a five way Switch for the pickups. There are three pickups, which are all from the Ibanez infinity series; INF3 (H) neck pickup, INFS3 (S) mid pickup, and an INF4 (H) bridge pickup. The tuners are non-locking Standard Ibanez tuners, which hold the tuning fairly well, but I've had to make a few minor adjustments to a couple of them. The guitar came with a 6-foot cable, a couple Allan keys and a replacement tremolo spring. // 8

Sound: This guitar is perfect for any metalhead. I've been thrashing on this thing for a couple months now, playing hard rock and metal, and it's held up very well. First when I bought it I ran into a few minor problems with tuning and the alignment of the Edge III Bridge, but besides that it's held it's own Against Me. I'm currently using a degitech death metal distortion pedal, a Line 6 POD V2.0, and a Traynor Reverb Special amp. This guitar works great with them, but I have a hard time getting a clean sound when I'm working with the POD. When I'm working with just the distortion pedal, I'll just click the pedal off and it gives a very nice clean tone. This guitar has very, very powerful pickups. It gives an amazing distortion and a crunchier, lower end sound, but seems to have a bit harder of a time with clean tones and sounds. This guitar can make any noise imaginable, from pitch harmonics to slides to anything. I've pulled off a fair bit of Tom Morello stuff with it. This guitar is very diverse when it comes to noises. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set up fairly well from the day I got it. The action was very well adjusted, but I had to make a couple minor adjustments to the third string, which was made easy because of the action screws on the bridge. This is definitely an amazing feature, and very convenient. Also, the bridge needed a small alignment adjustment, which took a fair bit of time, with the challenge of getting the back paneling off, getting a screw driver in a very narrow slot, and then turning the screw until the bridge was parallel with the strings. I needed to slightly lower the middle pickup, but that was also made easy with the Allan keys that came with the guitar. Besides all of this, there were no other flaws with this guitar. // 7

Reliability & Durability: This guitar would easily withstand any playing condition, and I would defiantly trust this thing Live. The hardware is holding up extremely well, and everything on this guitar is solid and held fast, including the strap pegs. This is my current gig guitar, and I will be using it without backup, besides the occasions that I would have to use my electric acoustic. I have all my Faith in this guitar, and the black finish with the lacquer clear coat is holding up very well. // 10

Overall Impression: I am a strict hard rock and metal follower, and this guitar goes perfect with my style. I have been playing for nearly 5 years now, and own several other guitars, ranging from a 1968 Silvertone CES to a Jasmine Left-Handed acoustic by Takamine. I wished I had asked about a locking feature on the bridge, but that's not really too much of a problem. If this were stolen, I would jump back and buy the same model immediately. I love how sleek and thin the neck is, and the action adjustment screws on the bridge which you can practically adjust while playing. Although there are many pros to this guitar, there are a few cons as well. I dislike the tuning equipment on the guitar, and how inaccessible the bridge adjustment is, and I also moderately dislike the position and height of the pickups. I had compared it to several higher-end Epiphone guitars and a couple Gibsons, but I chose this one over them because of the value, the tone and sound, and the incredible overall look of this guitar, with an all black body and hardware, while having a sleek, durable white neck. I wish it had an Edge 0 bridge or a locking bridge, just for the option. Overall, I highly recommend this guitar. // 9

RG370DX Reviewed by: Amer91, on june 26, 2009

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia, where most Ibanez guitars other than the Prestige Series are made. It's got a basswood body, bolt-on maple neck, rosewood fingerboard with 24 jumbo frets, Edge III floating bridge, HSH configuration. The pickups are passive Ibanez "Infinity" series. The neck pickup is an Infinity 4, the middle is a single 3, and the bridge is a 3. There's a tone knob and volume knob, and a five-way selector Switch. Tuners are Ibanez, but their brand doesn't really make a matter because there's a locking nut to stabilize the tuning. I got mine in the black finish, and all finishes come with black hardware. // 10

Sound: I play different types of music like black metal, death metal, blues, classic rock, and shred. The guitar sounds great, and handles these styles well, tone-wise at least. I was using it with a Roland Cube 15 and or a Randall RG75DG3Plus amplifier. The tone was great. The bridge pickup is great for rythm, very tight and clear, the neck pickup however, which is what I usually use for solos, is a bit weak in my opinion and doesn't really cut through the distortion much. The middle pickup is great for crystal-clear clean strumming and blues playing. Using the middle pickup with in the 2nd and 4th positions gave nice single-coil tones. Using it in those positions would have the middle pickup turned on as well as either the front coil of the neck pickup or the front coil of the bridge pickup. Using the middle in with the bridge pickup gave a nasal sound, which is good for country. Using it with the neck pickup gives a warmer single-coil sound that's nice for some clean tapping. Using too much gain on the amplifier usually generates some noise and feedback when you get your hand of the guitar, but that's normal. In my opinion this is a pretty versatile guitar. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I took it out of the box the action was a bit high, so I lowered it. The intonation was good so there was no need to readjust it. The neck is solid and smooth, but I had to adjust the truss rod to fix the neck bow, so there weren't any heavy modifications necessary. The bridge is great, it rarely goes out of tune when it's setup right. The frets are a bit big in my opinion, and the neck is bit then. I prefer medium frets and medium necks, but that's just my opinion. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I haven't gigged with this guitar, but after I sold it to my friend he'd been gigging with it constantly and it seems to withstand. I always play it when we're hanging out and it's no different than the day I sold it to him. The strap buttons are great, I've never dropped the guitar with the srap on. The hardware hasn't worn out regardless of all the sweat it receives, so it's a pretty dependable guitar. But I recommend getting a backup guitar with a fixed bridge when gigging because there's always a risk of breaking a string when using the whammy bar excessively. // 8

Overall Impression: In general the guitar is great for metalheads and shredders. The only reason I sold it was that I play too many different styles now and I constantly change tunings, so with the floating bridge I'd have make adjustments every time I change the tuning. Another reason is that I prefer bigger necks and smaller frets, although most metal guitar players and shredders prefer the opposite. If this guitar were stolen, I would buy another guitar with a fixed bridge, and thicker neck. When I went to get a guitar, I compared it with the RG320FM, but got this instead because of the finish and the single coil pickup in the middle. The only things I wish it had would be a fixed bridge, a fatter neck, and medium frets. // 7

RG370DX Reviewed by: reversegenesis, on january 08, 2010

Purchased from: GAK.com

Features: Made in indonesia, not sure about the year. 24 fret (jumbo frets) bound rosewood fingerboard on a 3 piece maple wizard-II neck, sharktooth inlays. Basswood solid body. Ibanez edge 3 double locking tremolo system. Has passive stock Ibanez pickups, INF3 humbucker in the neck position, INFS3 single in the middle and an INF4 humbucker in the bridge. Has one tone, one volume and a 5 way switch. Tuners are Ibanez stock non locking. Came with a small cable and all the required allan keys as well as 2 extra springs for the trem. Mine is in the rubber red finish, which is basically flat bright red. // 8

Sound: This is probably the most versatile guitar I own, the pickups are not especially powerful and can be very quiet on clean sounds, especially in the neck position or when playing using extensive legato and/or tapping. The harmonics are pretty good, they ring out well on both clean and distortion sounds. I will say the sustain is very short on the guitar, this may be because of the locking trem but I have no idea to be honest. Between the 5 way switch and the tone dial you can get a wide array of sounds from the guitar, from single coil Strat sounds to full on face crushing metal (effects help this obviously). I try and dabble in as many genres as I can when I play and I haven't really found a sound this guitar can't replicate very well, none of the sounds are 100% correct but then the guitar costs 250. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: Th guitar came set up as normal, standard tuning, with the back control plate unscrewed in the box and the locking nut unlocked (still screwed on but not tightened fully). The edge was set up slightly further back than standard on Ibanez but I'm assuming this is because of a confusion with the standard angle for the edge trems (different to a floyd). No real complaints here, lowered the action ever so slightly and tightened the trem. The one thing was that the truss rod cover was not attached, I contacted GAK.com and they sent a replacement in 2 days. // 8

Reliability & Durability: In terms of the finish this guitar will scratch if you look at it funny. Theres some sort of white undercoat underneath the red which is far sturdier than the red, that can scrape away under your fingernails. The actual guitar istelf is pretty sturdy, I've dropped it down stairs and it still plays as well as it did out of the box, enough said. The trem can be a little temperamental though, sometimes it gives far more resistance when diving than other times, this is probably humidity affecting the springs but it can be annoying. I would never gig a locking trem guitar without a backup for obvious reasons, if it was a HardTail I would probably gig it without a back up, I'd have to add straplocks first though, just to be careful. // 8

Overall Impression: As I said earlier I try and play a little of everything, aesthetically this guitar would look odd playing folk or country but it sounds pretty good which is all that really matters I suppose. I've been playing about 2 and a half years and have this, a Dean ML X HardTail, a Squier Strat, and a Fender acoustic, this is probably my favourtie guitar because of the trem and the fact that its all the other guitars in one (save for the acoustic but that can be solved with effects). If this guitar was stolen I would definately get an Ibanez again but a higher end model, perhaps one of the 7 strings. The only real annoyance I have with this guitar is the poor sustain and the hassle of unlocking the nut, adjusting the trem etc for alternate tunings, this is expected of a locking trem so what can you do. I wish it had 7 strings or piezos, or both. // 8

RG370DX Reviewed by: Ravenfaust, on june 28, 2010

Purchased from: Onstage, Delhi

Features: I'm writing the review for the lefty version of the same Ibanez model. It's a 2007 model. Made in Korea. It has a basswood body, 3 piece maple neck and rosewood fretboard. It has 24 jumbo frets, sharktooth inlays, Edge III tremolo, tone and volume knobs, locking keys, 5-way Switch pickup selector. The pickups are Ibanez INF4 at the bridge, INFS3 in the middle, and INF3 at the neck, in (H/S/H) position. The only color it's available in is black. It came with a gig bag, a cable, some picks, some tools and a strap. I don't like the body wood, the bridge and the neck. The pickups are good, but nothing to write home about. I've explained everything in the next sections. // 6

Sound: Now, the stock pickups that came on it are really good for stock ones, but these ofcourse, will need a change if you're into extreme metal or something that needs a fat sound. The bridge is quite comfortable to go 'chug chug' on. Now the thing i don't like is the neck. It's thin, good for fast playing, but horrible when playing fast over several strings, especially string skipping, since the neck is pretty flat at the back. I wish it was more rounded. I don't like the natural clean tone of this guitar. The basswood in it gives it a pretty uncharacteristic sound that's too colorless to be anything but neutral. So without a multi fx or a few pedals, you can't make it sound warm and fat, or Vintage twangy, and even if you do manage somehow, it doesn't sound natural. But then, the only thing is IS good for is hard rock, alt rock and metal. Especially chops and metalcore. The five way pickup selector Switch is a blessing and gives the guitar more tonal range than I'd expected. So within it's constraints, this guitar sweeps smoothly inside its range. I've used this with various Peavey, Fender, Line 6 amps and pedals such as the Boss MT-2, DigiTech Distortion Factory and the Vox Satchurator, as well as a few multi fx units such as the Zoom G2.1U and the DigiTech RP250. I play several genres, so I have realized this isn't as versatile as I wanted it to be. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: Well, everything's in place, nothing constructed or assembled in a faulty manner. When i bought it, it was out of tune, and the action and intonation were off target. And mind you, restringing this guitar as well as adjusting the action, truss rod and intonation are a real pain, forget tuning. Sadly in an Indian environment, the pickup pots and the screws and bolts are slowly rusting. Also, the Edge III bridge is pretty horrible on its own too. It's pretty much inherent in it. If you divebomb too much, the bridge collapses and you have to retune your guitar repeatedly to make the bridge rise. // 6

Reliability & Durability: Everything about this guitar is solid. It'll withstand years of live playing. I've dropped it several times, screwed up things, too. But this baby's held out. Probably the best thing about it. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing for almost 4 years, each moment being spent in dedicated study of guitar playing. I bought this guitar because it was the only lefty guitar available here. If I had a choice I would've picked another axe, like an Agile Interceptor with EMGs. // 6

RG370DX Reviewed by: amn_esiac, on august 12, 2010

Purchased from: Second hand

Features: This is an Ibanez guitar made in Indonesia. 24 jumbo frets on a really nice rosewood fretboard, one of the nicest I've played, with Shark tooth inlays which look really cool. The neck is bolted on. It's got a strat-shape body but with squarer edges and pointier cut-outs, and it's blue. HSH pickup configuration with a Infinity 3 humbucker at the neck and an Infinity 4 humbucker by the Ibanez Edge III bridge. 5-way pickup selector switch, volume knob (just a knob, it doesn't pull out to deactivate half the bridge humbucker), tone knob. Ibanez Standard tuners with a locking nut. // 10

Sound: This guitar is made to play metal and at that it is incredible. It produces excellent sounds for heavy riffs solos/shredding, which are helped along by the fretboard. I mainly use it for lighter music though such as Radiohead and it can put out a very good slightly distorted tone too. I know I bought the wrong guitar for it but I don't need to regret that choice because it makes the sounds I want. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I obviously don't know how well it was factory-setup but when I got it it was around 2 years old and it still looked really good. The lack of pickup covers and the Edge III bridge make it really difficult to remove dust so if you're bothered about having a clean guitar I'd reccoment covering it up while you're not playing it. Intonation is not as easy to change as it is on a more simple bridge like the one on a Strat but I've never had to change mine so i't not a problem at the moment. Action is a little easier to adjust because there are two allen-key holes in the sides of the bridge so it takes less time than a Strat, and it's the same allen key for all the day-to-day stuff - unlocking the nut, changing strings and adjusting the action. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This was two years old when I got it and it's previous owner was a friend of mine who used it to play live quite often. The finish is excellent, there isn't a mark on the front of it at all and the only way I ever did damege it was by dropping it onto concrete so it's not a weak finish, that's for sure.The strap buttons are nothing special but they work just fine. I'd play it live and I don't think it would fail me for a long time. Only problem I'm having is the bridge is pretty complicated and it's starting to come apart under wear and tear. The saddle for the high e string is now stuck so if a string broke when I was playing live there's no chance I'd be able to use it again that night. I don't think I'll be able to change strings more than a few more times on it so it's nearing the end of its lifespan so I'll have to replace the bridge. // 8

Overall Impression: This isn't the best matched guitar conssidering the style of music I play but it woks surprisingly well. If it were stolen or lost I'm not sure I'd buy another but only really because I'd like a change of guitar rather than just buying the same thing again. I like it, just not that much. The only thing I personally would like it to have is a simpler bridge. The Edge III is ideal for a heavy whammy bar user but I'm not one, so I don't have a need for one and all it does for me is overcomplicate the process of changing strings. That's just me though so I'm not going to let it bring the score down. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on september 24, 2010

Purchased from: Little Rock Jams

Features: After some research, I found that this guitar was made in the year 2006 (the first 2 numbers of the serial number) in Indonesia (I think... I haven't looked in a while). It has 24 frets, shark-tooth inlays, 25.5" scale, and a bolt-on neck joint. This neck joint is also called the AANJ by Ibanez (All-Access Neck Joint), and for good reason. The neck joint is very low-profile, and as out-of-the-way as possible with a bolt-on neck joint. It's not a solid block of wood like on the Jackson and Fender models. So it's REALLY easy to get to the high frets, and there are no awkward hand positions required. The body wood is basswood, the neck wood is pure maple, and the fingerboard is rosewood. It is a superstrat body style, of course. There is an Edge-III bridge on it, which I'll get to later. The pickups are INF series (Made by DiMarzio for Ibanez), which are passives. They're made to be high-output and very versatile. Again, I'll get to these later. There is a master volume and master tone pot. The tuners are of an unknown brand, probably just generic 2-dollar Ibanez tuners. They do work, and they don't need to be fancy, because it is a double-locking guitar, after all, and the tuners will rarely be used. I got mine used (which explains the low price) off the wall of my guitar tech's shop, so all I got was the guitar and the tremolo arm, and the rusty strings that were on it. // 9

Sound: Here's where I get back to the pickups. The Ibanez pickups that come with the guitar are decent. They have a clear sound and have a nice high output. The problem is that they have no balls on the low-end. I play thrash metal, where most of the time is spent at the lows, tremolo picking and chording on the 6th string. The bridge pickup definitely had the output, but it did not contain the lows that were needed. The sound was pretty heartless. However, soloing was no problem for any of the pickups, and a clean sound was easy to obtain. The neck pickup had a very nice Vintage tone, and the middle pickup was a traditional single-coil, and like traditional single-coils, it was a bit noisy. But not bad. The guys at Ibanez did a good job with the grounding of the pickup wires, so most pickup noise was gone. This is pretty much all I remember from the original pickups, though, because shortly after I got the guitar (about 3 months, maybe), I replaced the pickups with EMGs. An 81 in the bridge, an S in the middle, and an 85 in the neck. This REALLY gave the guitar a new character. The amount of output was not changed THAT much, but it was upped a bit. The really good thing is that the lows I wanted were given. There is a lot more attack in the EMG pickups, and to be honest, I like the look of the plastic covers, but that's just me. But now that I look back at it, it really didn't change THAT MUCH of the tone. The tone of the guitar originally was pretty fair for metal rhythm, and VERY good for solos. If I were to buy this guitar again, I would probably only replace the bridge pickup with something like a DiMarzio Tone Zone or D Activator, because it was only the bridge pickup I didn't like. However, I am very happy with my EMGs and I'm keeping them now that I have them, LOL. So, to sum it up, this guitar has great tone for solos, with high output and quick response from the pickups, but is missing some low-end, and when you get a bit of pocket change, it would probably be wise to replace the bridge pickup. Unless, that is, you are an EMG man like me and want to go active. I must warn you, this path is very pricey, though. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I must say that the fit and finish, even on this used guitar, was EXCELLENT. However, the owner, I assume, was either an idiot, or never got the guitar setup by a pro, because the neck of the guitar was bent erratically inward, because the truss rod was tightened an insane amount. Obviously, Ibanez kinda threw this guitar together and expected the user to set it up to their liking. Now, there is nothing wrong with this, in my opinion. I see the logic behind it, and see the financial advantage of getting a guitar out of the factory easier. Needless to say, I took it back to the guitar tech I bought it from and he set it up gladly, and taught me a little on tremolos. Oh yeah, here's where I get back to the Edge III tremolo. The feel of this tremolo is amazing. It's low-profile, gives good tactile feedback on the palm, and does not raise in pitch as quickly from palm-muting as a Floyd Rose does. It feels very solid, if a LITTLE stiff, when you use the bar, but nothing bad. It doesn't flutter that well, but I don't do that kind of stuff much anyway. Also, a simple design change from Floyd Rose, that makes a ton of difference: the allen screws that lock the string down, are on top of the saddles, not below them. If you've ever changed strings on a Floyd Rose, you know why this is a good thing. Also, I almost forgot to mention, the neck of this guitar is unreal. It is just so thin. I have played my guitar teacher's original Ibanez Roadstar, and I know that the ORIGINAL RG necks were a bit thinner, but they lacked the all-access neck joint, and it was literally impossible to reach the 24th fret. So needless to say, I actually like my guitar a little better than his, other than the fact that he has the original Edge tremolo, which is considered the unrivaled winner in locking bridges. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Now for the bad points of this tremolo. It is made with really cheap metal, to save on price. This is a problem because if you adjust the string action the way common sense says you should, (turning the allen screws on the trem studs, while the strings are under pressure), you will dull the knife edges AND the studs in half a turn. I have ruined my tremolo because of this n00b mistake, and I plan to get an Original Floyd Rose once I get some pocket change. The moral of the story is, before you adjust the action, unlock the nut and loosen the strings, get the tremolo back into its cavity where it's not touching the studs, then adjust the studs. This is VERY time consuming but it will save you from the headache of NEVER keeping in tune again, whether from a divebomb or a half-step bend, when your tremolo's knives are dull, you will be thrown out of tune. So BE CAREFUL. For this reason, I give this category an 8, because although the action, fit, and finish was very good, the tremolo is not trustworthy anymore, in my opinion. Ibanez needs to change the metals it's using in its tremolos because this is just unacceptable. The finish and everything else will go through nuclear war, and survive, trust me. I've never had the strap buttons come out on me (I use strap locks, for the record). I've hit this guitar on a thousand things, being clumsy, and it does not have one scratch mark. (the poor wall does, though... Hehe don't tell Mom.) I would not play this thing live with the existing tremolo, because I just do not trust it to stay in tune. If I were to get a new tremolo like a Floyd Rose Original, that would be a different story, but I do not have one yet. So this section gets a 7. It would be a 10, except for the tremolo which takes it down considerably. The rest of the guitar is a tank, though. // 7

Overall Impression: As I've said before, I play thrash metal and melodic death metal. This guitar is great for my style, especially with the EMGs I put in it. As far as playability, NOTHING beats this guitar for the price of 400 dollars. And if I had to pay the full price of this guitar to get it again, I would in a heartbeat. Now, with all the upgrades and crap that I put on this guitar, if this thing were stolen, I would not get another RG370DX. I would get an RG Prestige of some kind, or an XPT700 Xiphos. But this guitar, even stock, is the perfect guitar for me, for the price. I just should have known better about the tremolo, so I could have taken more care of it. It is a real bummer that Ibanez had to ruin the Edge-III by using "affordable" metals in it. However, I hear the Edge-Pro is just as good as the Edge-III but made with better metals, so an RG prestige model with the Edge-Pro tremolo would be a great buy, should I ever decide to sell this black beauty. Oh, I forgot to mention, before I even saw this guitar, I was thinking about double-locking guitars for a while. I was mostly drawn to Schecter, for their pickups and hardware (Schecter gave me the idea to put EMGs on the guitar). The down fall of Schecter is undoubtedly the neck, which is as thick as a 2x4. The Ibanez neck is half as thick, and twice as shreddable. It is my favorite feature of the guitar. There is nothing like the Ibanez neck. A sure winner? I think so. // 9

RG370DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 21, 2011

Features: I don't know when this guitar was manufactured, but I do know it was made in USA. I assume it was made between 2004-2009. It has 24 jumbo frets on a rosewood fretboard, it plays like a dream with the 3 piece maple neck. It is absolutely ideal for anything you want to play, you can shred or arpeggio for hour and don't get tired since there is minimum drag, and the wedge-sharktooth inlays are a very cool. The body of this model is basswood, and it is in an intense, opaque, red finish. It feels smooth to touch, so it contributes to the playing as well. It has an edge III double-locking tremelo, and it is amazing as well, allowing you to go 4/5 steps down or up the note you're playing. The pickups were Infinity 3, infinity single coil 3, and infinity 4 in H-S-H position. They were very good for stock pickups, until I changed them for a DiMarzio Air Norton on the neck and DiMarzio Tone Zone on the bridge for a more dynamic and powerful sound. It has a blade 5-way Switch to select the pickups as usual, and I noticed is alot more slick than a Switch in a Fender or gibson, it is very precise and easy to move. It has a tone and volume knob, and they are extremely responsive and fast to Switch too, the best I've had in fact. The features in this guitar might look as simple and straight-forward, but after you play or own this guitar you can feel the effectiveness of them and at the end you just say: damn. // 10

Sound: Before I changed the pickups, the sound of this guitar was, in one word, intense. It either had razor-sharp attack when playing metal or moonlight-clear when playing classical. The amp I use with this guitar is a Fender Frontman 15G, and it sounded awesome. When I changed the pickups, the sound changed from nice and flexible, to awesome and incredibly diverse. The stock string are very slinky and durable as well, but I changed those to some Ernie Ball super slinky. I'm not saying that this guitar dosnt have a great sound right off the box, it is amazing and it works perfectly for hard genres of music, but when modified you could say its a professional and dependable instrument. I did it because I felt that it could go aloooot farther than just a very good instrument, and with the right twitches, it is a one-of-a-kind beauty of tone. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought this guitar brand new in 2010. When I took it out of the box, it was in pristine condition. It was perfectly tuned and everything was shiny and smelled like a new car: strings, tremelo, etc. The pickups were also in perfect condition, and the bridge looked straight out of the factory.the finish was and still is impecable, I've hit it a couple of times, and some of those "bumps" wouldve killed any other guitar, just like it happened to one of my previous guitars, but this one didn't even have a scratch, I was impressed, and with the hard shell case it came with, this guitar is nearly bulletproof, and it wont scratch anytime soon. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is reliable for anything, you can take it anywhere and nothing will happen to it, unless you're an idiot and lend it to someone who dosnt know how to play, you're careless with it, etc. The tremolo can withstand intense whamming and it will always stay in tune, I haven't had the need to tune it at all for that matter in fact, you can count on this baby for any gig, from a birthday party to opening a stadium. The strap buttons also can withstand any sort of blow, you feel like they are part of the body or something. Not only is it built to last, but it is almost professional-quality duration, you wont go wrong in this field with an RG370DX. // 10

Overall Impression: I love this guitar so much that I named it, "Canela", and I have become soooo attached to it, that everytime I see it I wanna play it:P I feel very proud of this purchase, this guitar is honestly the best I've ever had. I've been playing for many years now, I've lost count of how many, but I know how to play many genres of music, from classical to hard rock to metal to folk to blues, and this guitar suits them all. No matter what effects you add or if you have a 1 Watt amp, this guitar will always sound and play like a professional instrument, if you see one, and are learning to play or are a veteran shredder, buy it, because you won't regret for a second, this guitar will leave you satisfied before you play it and after you do. It is just stunning, and you will feel glad to have been stunned by it, modified or not, you can't go wrong with an Ibanez RG370DX. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 28, 2011

Purchased from: Guitar Center (Polish)

Features: Made in Indonesia; 24 jumbo frets; thin, very comfortable and fast neck, black, I would say piano finish, superstrat, Ibanez Edge III, INF3 [neck], INFS3 [middle], INF4 [bridge] - H-S-H, 5 way selector, 1 volume knob, 1 tone knob; locking nut; at my shop it came with pretty short cable, wrenches, backup spring, tremolo bar and pretty nice Warwick case.; no strap. // 10

Sound: I play usually rock/metal, mostly on high-gain settings and it's perfect - anyway, I consider this guitar as versatile, but I believe it's suits better for styles like metal etc. Sound is pretty bright, it's excellent both on distortion or clean - use 5 way pickup selector to choose from more bassy sound, to more blues tone or 'light' tone on neck pickup. I use it with no effects on Roland Cube 20X - I tried to use BOSS-MT2 but original sound with no effects is much better. Anyway, you can play whatever you want on this guitar. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Everything was set correctly in the factory, good action and properly set bridge; nothing more to say about it. No flaws found after all. Very nice shiny black paintjob; very durable, if you care about your gtr:) I didin't actually expected such good quality of production for that price. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have it for just for 9 months but it's actually something to say. I play it at home but I play it very often, it's very comfortable; I use a tremolo a lot and it seems to be quite durable. Only flaw I found after few months is tone knob which got loosened inside - if you turn it to the max/min it will move just a bit, but it's stable. No injuries after 7 months; if you play hard, springs of the tremolo can create a small reverb-like effect - I've put a piece of tissue behind it and it's fine [anyway, it's not visible because you there's a cover on the back of the guitar. Nut on the jack input loosened a bit, so I screwed it to the max and it's ok:) I can rely on this guitar, it's excellent for that price. // 8

Overall Impression: It's the only guitar I have; I wouldn't change anything before buying; if it were stolen I would buy the same guitar definitely.:) Ibanez Edge III is excellent. Actually I can't compare it to other products because I haven't ever played a similiar class gear (it would be stupid to try to compare this to 200$ or 1800$ guitars:) ) I love it, but now I'm little bored of Floyd Rose bridge [using tremolo bar and changing strings - it's much different that changing strings in guitars with fixed brigde] but I wouldn't sell it anyway - I would keep it definitely. // 10

RG370DX Reviewed by: bolenti, on may 25, 2011

Price paid: € 400

Features: Made in 2008 in Indonesia, Basswood, INF pickups, black finish, Edge III tremolo. Feature wise it's correct, I won't comment on the pickup tone which is purely a matter of taste. The wood is of wood quality in my opinion. Common, Yamaha makes cheaper guitars using Alder! Bought it with a nice gig bag and strap. // 3

Sound: Ok sound, very hard-rock and metal oriented but still quite versatile. I can play almost any style with this guitar, but I can notice that it sounds a bit bright and loud, so you lack the mellow sound on cleans, on clean it sounds cold and aggressive. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Really bad Edge III tremolo because: 1) It will never return to it's original point after usage. Videos out there showing that the tremolo is stable only show that each strings stay in tune relatively to the others, but not absolutely when measured with a tuner. Therefore this guitar would never stay in tune whatever setup you've made without any modification on the original material after using the tremolo bar. 2) In Standard tuning, strings size and tension of a typical D'Addario's EXL110 set is the maximum you can go because the springs won't hold a heavier gauge without ending up with a bad Bridge angle setup 3) I doubt the tremolo could bear abuse. Anyway as it won't never return to tune it's useless. // 1

Reliability & Durability: Everything is in the look and finish, the material itself is cheap. // 1

Overall Impression: For the price paid, you could get a better Ibanez with a fixed Bridge or for less a Yamaha guitar. Please note that I'm not talking about pickups tone, which is a purely subjective debate, I'm talking about staying in tune which is I guess one of the most important aspect when playing an instrument in a band. // 1

RG370DX Reviewed by: AmrasI, on august 09, 2011

Features: Made in Indonesia 2007 with 24 big frets and a 25.5 inch scale on a thin fast 3pc maple neck and a rosewood fingerboard. It's made of basswood and it's painted gloss black with a thick poly finish. It has a pretty stabile Edge III two-point tremolo and a HSH pickup combination with a volume and tone. It's my first and only electric guitar, too. // 7

Sound: About the sound. If you have a bad amp, it will sound muddy and bad. But with a good amp, the pickups can really give you a great experience if you're playing a rock/metal style. Otherwise, the clean is ok. I especially like the single pickup, it sounds full, unlike the humbuckers, they feel very closed and dull (maybe because they're overwound). I'm using it with a Randall RG50TC amp, and it sounds awesome for metal and rock. Clean is ok, as I said, but only in 2nd, 3rd and 4th pickup position. I played it on Peavey Classic 30 that I owned, and it was a rock machine. Curently I have a Behringer Bass VAmp PRO and I use it even with it. It's surely sounding much better for other styles when played through it. Overall, it definitley needs a pickup change. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: I don't know about factory set-up, but I got the guitar awesomly set-up, and I'm setting it up for 2 years already by myself and it's a really greatfull guitar. You can really set it up as you wish. The action is low without fret buzzing, and it can get a bit lower if you can handle a bit buzzing. Frets are hard, high, and can last for years and years. Pickups are pretty floppy and it's hard to get them back in if you remove them. The pickup selector can sometimes be very noisy and loud. The finish is good, but it has some small flops. I dropped it once pretty nasty. And it survived without any big consequences, except a nasty piece of finish had fallen off and laquer around it is a bit cracked. So, it's very sturdy. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I giged about 10 times with it and it withstood all of it awesomly. No problems, without backup. It's reliable and its Edge III can keep it in tune for whole month of use and all you would need is to tune it slightly on the fine tuners. Now I've blocked the floyd because I don't use it so often and I'm trying different tunings. // 8

Overall Impression: I play many styles, from metal and rock to pop and soft music. And it can be usefull for some if you know how to use your pickups, volume and amp. I'm playing for 2 years now and have tried only a few guitars, moslty cheaper than this but I've tried a Gibson Studio and even a '73 Gibson Standard, and all I can say this Ibanez is pretty good for its price if bought 2nd hand and given less than 400-500$. I paid more, and somehow regret it, because there is much more better guitars for 100-200$ more. I will either sell this and buy some other or change the pickups. If it were stolen, I would save more and buy some 7 string (probably Ibanez or Schecter). // 7

RG370DX Reviewed by: DarkShot08, on april 19, 2012

Features: Made in Indonesia. It has 24 jumbo frets on a maple neck with a rosewood fingerboard. It has 3 passive 'INF' pickups which are Ibanez made pickups specifically for their guitars, two humbuckers and a single coil. It comes with a Ibanez 'Edge III tremolo' which is a licensed floyd rose locking trem. It has simple volume and tone knobs so everything was pretty well made and looked good here, except one of the pickups was a bit lopsided. The guitar features a basswood body, a maple neck and a bound rosewood fingerboard, however for the cost I was hoping for a better quality wood for the body. // 7

Sound: I found the sound to be quite thick and heavy, it was a good sound but it was not the best I've heared for the metal and rock this guitar was advertised to excel at. I play a lot of metal and rock and this guitar suits them decentley, but I definitely have owned better for much less price. There wasn't any unusual noise from the pickups (at least not anything too loud) however I found the pickups to be of shoddy sound quality for the price you would pay for a guitar like this. I would reccomend changing the pickups. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up fine to standard tuning, however one of the pickups was lopsided which required some adjustment. Everything else seemed fine and I after correcting the problem with the pickup I quickly picked up and played, I could play it fine without any flaws. The guitar initially had a bit of a high action but I lowered it and it was fine afterwards, however it was nothing special. // 6

Reliability & Durability: I think this guitar would withstand live playing, and the hardware seems like it would last. However I would reccomend chaging the pickups before you consider using this for live playing. I think I would use this guitar as a backup, but I would not use it as my main guitar. // 7

Overall Impression: This guitar simply isn't worth the cost. For 450 I expected much better. I own a Washburn WM24V PROE which I bought for 300 and it came with a mahogany body and neck, original EMG 81 and 85 and an original floyd rose and it is far better than any Ibanez for double or even triple the cost. Taking price out of the equation, this is a good guitar, everything is really nice, the tremolo isn't too bad either. However I felt the pickups let this guitar down. I chose this guitar because a friend recommended it to me and I had spare cash lying around, however I was dissatisfied with it and plan to re-sell it. If you are a hardcore metal/rock player I would not recommend this guitar unless you can get it for half the cost. If it were stolen or lost I would not buy another one. I wish it came with better pickups and better materials used so that this guitar could justify it's hefty cost. // 6

RG370DX Reviewed by: StonedColdCrazy, on may 09, 2012

Price paid: C$ 400

Features: My RG370DX was made in 2007 in Indonesia. - Edge III tremolo bridge - Locking nut - 3 PC Wizard II maple neck - 24 frets on 25.5 scale - Bound rosewood fretboard and sharktooth inlays - Jumbo frets - Basswood body, painted black. - INF3/INFS/INF4 pickups stock. Bridge is now a V8 from a prestige. // 5

Sound: I currently use this guitar for hard rock, punk and some hair metal. It really doesn't do anything well, but is decent enough that it still gets regular play. The guitar itself is a bit muddy, lacks resonance, sounds pretty thin acoustically and has decent sustain. I have put many pickup sets in this guitar (EMGs, BKPs, Dimarzios, SD's) and found it to be a waste of time as its natural sound is not good. Even the BKPS were muddy, which they most definitely are not! I blame this on the cheap cut of wood used for the body. The stock pickups are pretty bland versions of a PAF design. They sound thin and hollow and the bridge isn't very defined, notes tend to bleed a bit. Clarity with new pickups is greatly effetely, but not much else. I play through a Blackstar HT-5 Head into a Blackheart 112 cab and sometimes a POD X3. No effects with this baby, it cannot cut through the mix already. // 3

Action, Fit & Finish: Guitar was setup well at the factory, all I did was lower the action a bit, set it to Eb tuning, intonate and a very slight truss rod adjustment. The frets are pretty well done, no sharp edges to speak of, well leveled. The pots are junk. Tiny little cheap pots that got scratchy quickly, they were replaced. Output jack was constantly loosening itself, so I swapped it out and added a locking washer. The switch is stock and still functions well. Tuning heads are pretty decent (no name) but hold tune well and haven't loosened at all. The basswood body is complete junk, several flaws visible through the finish including a very large knot and some wood filler. Edge 3 is still pretty solid! Holds tune decently well and the knife edges and pivots are like new. Surprisingly enough. I've abused it to crazy extremes. // 5

Reliability & Durability: I wouldn't ever gig this guitar as it sounds bad, but if I did I would ensure to have a backup as the edge 3 can be finicky. I cant imagine any major problems live beside those. Strap buttons are small and need locks. Finish is poly and like a rock, very minimal scratches. I can't imagine anything else needing replacing until the knife edges wear out and the bridge is blocked. I will not replace it. // 6

Overall Impression: If this guitar was stolen I would replace it with another older MIJ RG. The newer not MIJ RG's have yet to impress. It was a fantastic second guitar, as my first was awful, and I am pretty glad to have started with it. All the problems were easily fixed and it plays very nicely! I really didn't compare it to much, only a cheap 100$ Washburn Superstrat. Favorite feature is the neck and the inlays, most disliked is the awful cut of wood I got. If you are looking into one I strongly recommend trying multiples acoustically to get one with a fuller sound and good resonance. I am sure I got a lemon and not all bodies are this bad. I also own an RG 470, DiMarzio Crunch Lab, LiquiFire, and a J-Custom RG 8570. I have owned an RG 1570, several other Ibanez models, a PRS SE, an Epiphone LP and a Hamer Explorer. Been playing for 6 years. Thanks for reading and remember this rating is for my guitar, not the RG370DX in general. I have played better. // 4

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014