RG370DXGP1 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 05/26/2009 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG370DXGP1
This guitar was made in Indonesia in 2007. It's a 24 fret wizard neck which is super thin, it's beautiful to play on.
 8.7
 8.4
review (1) pictures (1) 23 comments vote for this gear:
RG370DXGP1 Reviewed by: windy.uk, on may 26, 2009

Purchased from: guitarguitar.co.uk

Features: This guitar was made in Indonesia in 2007. It's a 24 fret wizard neck which is super thin I think it's about 19 mm thick at the first fret, it's beautiful to play on. The body is basswood and gives a lovely tone, comes with a Floyd Rose as Standard, infi 3, s3 and 4 passive pickups, 5 way toggle Switch. Came with a cable and all the tools needed + spare springs. // 8

Sound: I've had this guitar for 1 and a half yrs now and still love it, the tones amazing. I play anything from death metal to classical, part of the credit has to go to my Roland Cube 30 but this guitar plays up well, the infi 4 pickup gives a really nice cutting edge to the tone, great for rhythm riffs amazing for Anterior or Cob stuff. The infi 3 has a really good fat sound works great for Satch stuff, I wasn't fond of the infi s3 at the start, I felt with distortion it seemed to have a reverb effect that ruined the tone, but when playin through a clean channel it gives a beautiful classical guitar effect, really good for the Rodrigo concerto. This guitar can play nearly anything, tbh I wouldn't recomend using it for brit pop as it d be wasted on it. I'm a guitar tech so plenty of guitars come through my hands and through my amp, I'd say the tone of this gutiar is better than all the low end gibsons and mid level deans. The guitar with similar tone to this was a Jackson dinky equiped with low end seymour duncans. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came really well set up, the action was perfect, the floyd kept tune and was nicely stable the pups were at a nice height. After 6 months of playin I started to get buzzing around the 5th fret on the e string, I decided this could be two reasons, either the string had cut into the Floyd Rose sadle (as Ibanez doesn't use the best metal for floyd roses) or that the neck had flexed under the preasure. After losening the truss rod the buzz went away. I have raised the infi 4 and dropped the infi 3, this gave me a better tone I feel. The volume potentionmetre was a problem at one stage but the only problem was that it was screwed in to tight and earthing itself easily fixed. All in all a really nicely set up guitar with minor faults. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is great for gigging. Not only does it look good but it withstands all bangs and doesn't drop tunning. I gig it without a back up and haven't been let down yet. The Floyd Rose returns to postion after dives easily, I don't even need a spare guitar for drop tunnings, I just mark a spot on the bridges screw tunners at were the pitch is and quickly screw till the mark, hasn't failed yet. The strap buttons are solid, the finish is really good only has a few chips.This guitar will last me years, the only thing I can see myself replacing are the machine heads after 5 yrs just as a backup not that there's a fault, and the Floyd Rose sadles. // 8

Overall Impression: This guitar is everything you expect from Ibanez, great price, great looks, great tone. It's fantastic to play if somone stole it I'd kill them and buy it again for it's price you can't get anything that plays as well as it and looks as good. I'd compare it to a low end LAG arkane or a mid level Jackson dinky. The guitar looks metal but will play any style, it would be wasted playing some styles but it could easily manage it, the tone is emense and it's a joy to have. I've had this guitar 1 and a half years and in that time I haven't had any major problems or seen any major design faults that would put me of it. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ AF71F 8.9 Electric Guitars 07/07/2014