RG370DXGP2 Review

9.6
 8.3
review (1) 48 comments vote for this gear:
RG370DXGP2 Reviewed by: fugume, on december 22, 2008

Purchased from: Guitars ect.

Features: I am unsure when this guitar was made, but it was made in Indonesia. It has a 24-fret, 3-piece maple wizard II neck. The finger board is bound rosewood with Shark tooth inlays. the body is basswood. It has an edge III tremolo bridge that is fantastic. you can move the bridge with one finger if you wanted to. It has one volume control, one tone, and a five way pickup selector. the bridge pickup is an Infinity 4 humbucker, the middle pickup is an infinity 3 single coil, and the neck pickup is an infinity 3 humbucker. // 9

Sound: I play mostly 80's thrash metal such as Metallica and Megadeth, and this guitar suits it perfectly. I can get a fantastic clean sound or a strong distorted sound. There was no excess of sound from the pickups at all. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: the guitar had really low action when I bought it, but still had no buzzing on other frets, which made it perfect for fast soloing. the pickups were at a fine height, and their were no flaws what'soever. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar will withstand any Live playing. I've dropped this thing several times, and it still plays like the day I bought it. The finish on the bridge has begun to wear from me playing it daily for the last year but that has not messed with the performance what'soever. I can always depend on this guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: I play really fast metal, and this guitar suits it perfectly because of it's sound, it's low action, and it's thin neck. I have been playing for 3 years and have not played a better guitar in this price range. It will not let you down. the only thing I didn't like about it was that it didn't have a kill Switch, but that was no big deal, I just took 30 minutes and installed my own. over all this a great guitar with an amazing sound and a lot of features. if you have $450 get this guitar. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ AEL207E 7.8 Acoustic Guitars 04/14/2014