RG450DX Review

6.3
review (1) pictures (3) 47 comments vote for this gear:
RG450DX Reviewed by: jakeh2233, on august 10, 2010

Purchased from: craigslist

Features: Not sure on the year, but it was made in korea. 24 frets, jumbo frets, very thing/ flat bolt-on neck. Body wood is basswood, or alder, I think it's basswood. Neck, and headstock it maple. This guitar looks just like the JEM, just ithout that handle like piece cut out. I have a blue model. It's transparent finish, with a reflective blue scratchplate. The body is pretty much like a pointy strat. Floyd Rose like bridge. It's not an actual floyd rose, but it's sorta close. One vol. Knob, and one tone knob. 5-way selector switch. Pickup setup is h-s-h. Stock pickups ere infinity 1, infinity s1 and infinity 2 pickups. // 9

Sound: I play all kinds of music. Rock, metal acoustic, alternitive, etc. And this guitar has shown to fit all of those sounds.. It's hooked up to a Fender Frontman 25R 75watt amp. It has a Ibanez thrashmetal distortion pedal hooked up to it. The pickups are a bit noisy... But, they're stock.. So of course. But, it also has a nice warm tone on the neck pickup.. It sounds very full, bright, and even glassy... And with the floating tremolo, you make eeven better sounds, you can divebomb, flutter, etc. etc. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I wouldn't know about factory setups, but I bought this from a guy, and it looks like he really diddn't care, it was missing a nut lock, and 3 strings. But, I fixed all of that, and I set up properly. The pickups, are pretty good for stock pickups. My high E string saddle itsn't properly set in, so if I do not have a string in it, it sometimes falls out. But, that's the only flaw I know about. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is meant for live playing.. It can definitly withstand it. The hardware is rock solid. The strap buttons aare so solid, and stable. No orries of it breaking. I wouldn't even dare go to a gig without a backup. No matter what guitar, I alays have a backup. But, if I were't so precautionary, then yeah. I would bring it without backup. The finish was done well... It's amazing how it is not peeling, or anything! // 8

Overall Impression: My overall impression... I love this guitar. I love the flat, thin neck. I love the sounds I love the floyd rose, I love everything about it. If this got stolen, or lost. I'd definitly try to find another... But, I think ibane is trying to deny it's exsistance... Overall. I'd say if you had the choice to get this guitar, take it. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ S7521 8 Electric Guitars 11/26/2014