RG7321 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 03/28/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG7321
RG-series 7-string electric guitar featuring a basswood body, Wizard neck, and Ibanez AH series pickups.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 8.9
 Features: 8.4
 8.7
 8.8
 8.6
reviews (18) pictures (1) 97 comments vote for this gear:
RG7321 Reviewed by: a super saiyen, on july 16, 2004

Purchased from: www.guitarstrings.co.uk

Features: My first Ibanez. Brilliant black finish. 24 jumbo frets, 5pc maple/walnut Wizard II neck, basswood body, volume and tone controls but no tremelo. Brought it with Marshall MG50dx amp, carry case, strap, lead, 3 pics, Korg tuner with next day delivery in the UK costing 6. Grand total of 509. not bad if I say so myself. // 8

Sound: Brilliant! The sound is great for people looking for a heavy/distorted sound but can also play those amazing solos. If you are into rock/ Heavy metal this is a guitar you need to consider. With my amp. Heaven on earth! // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The finish was perfect, it was set up complete with no flaws in the factory, all pre-checked. Tuned to normal BEADGBe. // 10

Reliability & Durability: It is definatly a gig guitar, withstanding all so far it is built to last, the strap is very secure, it is very dependable and the finish lasts! // 10

Overall Impression: Brilliant! Definatly worth buying. The guitar I would buy if this got nicked is either another one or the Ibanez K-7 7string. Both worth every penny. (K-7 costs a hell of a lot more so pick this one to start with like me). // 10

RG7321 Reviewed by: IbanezShredderB, on june 12, 2009

Purchased from: eBay

Features: I have the new 2009 Ibanez RG7321FMBBS, and I must say this a great starter 7-string. What year was it made? 2009. Where was is made? Indonesia I believe, I could be wrong. How many frets? 24 Jumbo Frets, 25.5" scale, rosewood fretboard. It has a thin, flat, and wide neck, obviously it's an Ibanez. It's perfect for shredding it up like John Petrucci, or riffing like Dino Cazares. Solid-Top? Laminated top? I'm not to sure what these mean. If it means the top wood I believe that it's an actual Flamed Maple top and not a photo-laminate. Body and neck woods? Basswood body, with a flamed maple top. 5pc. Maple/Walnut Wizard II-7. Finish? Transparent Blackberry sunburst, with a flamed maple top and matching headstock. It's absolutely gorgeous, words cannot describe it, and pictures do not do it justice. Body style? Super-Strat. Basic look that all Ibby RGs have, sharp, pointy, and metal. Bridge style? Fixed-7 bridge, has amazing sustain. Active or Passive electronics? Passive. Stock Ibanez AH1-7 (Neck) AH2-7 (Bridge). Good but a little muddy on the low B when playing clean stuff on the bridge pickup. I'll delve deeper in the sound department. Which controls are given? 1 Volume, 1 Tone, 5-Way Switch. The only problem I've had here was my volume pot came slightly loose from the nut holding it down so I had to pry the control knob off to tighten it, but it's been fine since, no clipping at all. Pickup configuration? HH. Make and model of pickups? Ibanez Axis pickups. Tuners? Non-locking. Brand of tuners? I think they're stock Ibanez tuners, either way they hold tuning impeccably well. Any included accessories? The guy I bought it from, tossed in a Tour Grade gig bag, and it's an amazing gig bag, so many freaking pockets on it too! // 9

Sound: How does it suit your music style (and what is that style)? I play everything from brutal, crushing, in your face metal to softer Jazz and Blues, and this guitar is great for all. But she likes the heavier stuff. What amps and effects are you using it with? I plug into a DigiTech RP250, then a Boss DS-1, then a DigiTech Grunge, into a Line 6 Spider III 15. I'm going to change amps soon though, I'm tired of modeling amps, they have limited sounds you can get before you get bored. Is it noisy? Not at all, she's quiet. Until I kick on the distortions, then she screams like a banshee on her period. (But in a good way!) On what settings? I usually have some sort of heavy distortion running with some slight delay and reverb, every once in a while I'll put on a flanger or chorus. Rich/Full sound? She has a very warm sound yet she is a little bright as well. What kind of sounds can the guitar make? Alot, I can do pretty much everything I can do on this guitar that I can do on my Ibanez RG4EXQM1 (which has an Edge III), except for dive-bombs and Satch Squeals, those are fun. How much variety? She can go from dark and brooding, to light and funky. I know, I've done exactly that. The pickups I'm going to change to Dimarzios (X2N 7 in the bridge, and Air Norton 7 in the neck), because the stock pickups are slightly muddy on the low B and on certain settings on the low E, when I play clean lines. BEWARE! This guitar has some EXTREME bass, so all of you guys Who like to play chunky, chugged, bassy riffs will have to lower your bass a little to get a consistent sound. I had to go through my RP250 and kill some of the bass. I give this an 8, just because of the slight muddiness of the pickups. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: How well was the guitar set-up at the factory? I'm not too sure how well the guitar was set-up at the factory because I bought it semi-used. The guy bought it played once, didn't like the feel of the neck and put it up on a wall-hanger for a month. (How was the action?) When I got it the action was perfect, not too low to warrant fret-buzz, and not too high; just right. How well were the pickups adjusted? The pickups do not have adjustment rings, if they did I would have lowered the bridge pup to let off some of the mud. Properly bookmatched top? As far as I can tell; yes. Properly routed bridge? I don't see any flaws to it. Did the guitar contain any flaws? Nope. Even though they guy I bought it from is incompetent when it comes to shipping and restringing, the guitar was in perfect condition. The only wear on it is from me, and even then it's very minimal. All she needed was a retune, and the strings to be properly stretched and she was good to go. // 8

Reliability & Durability: Will this guitar withstand Live playing? I've yet to even take this guitar out of my house, but sometime this weekend I have a jam session with my band and I'll see how she handles my even more abusive playing with my band. Does the hardware seem like it will last? Oh yeah, it does! I think the only thing I'll do is change the tuners to locking tuners if I can find Cosmo black tuners somewhere. Are the strap buttons solid? As I said; I haven't done any super abusive things yet to test the sturdiness, but they seem extremely solid from the somewhat abusive playing I do in my room, lol. Can you depend on it? Would you use it on a gig without a backup? Yeah I can rely on this guitar, and I would use it without a backup 1). Because I have to, I have no money for another guitar right now, and 2). She's just that good at keeping tune and though it didn't take me long to snap a string, they can take a beating. Is the finish good enough to last, or does it seem thin and easy to wear off with lots of playing? The finish is superb, I don't see anything but my fingerprints and slight amounts of dead skin from my arm. // 9

Overall Impression: What style of music do you play? Is this a good match? I play mainly Metal, and she is definitely great for that, it's an Ibanez RG one of the best metal axes out there. But she can also do some more softer, melodic stuff like Jazz and Blues. How long have you been playing? What other gear do you own? It'll be 7 years on the 16th (irony, much? A 7-string on the 7th year of playing.) And I own two other Ibanez guitars an RG4EXQM1, and a customized IJX40, with an Ibanez GTA15R 15 Watt amp, DigiTech RP250, Boss DS-1, DigiTech Grunge, and a Line 6 Spider III 15. Is there something you wish you had asked before buying this product? Nope. If it were stolen / lost, would you buy it again or get something else? I would hunt down the guy whole stole it and kick his punk-ass. If I lost it on the road; I would buy it again or pull a Zakk Wylde and put a BOLO and reward on it. What do you love about it? What do you hate? What is your favorite feature? I love almost everything, except for the fact that I can't adjust the pickups at all and the muddiness on the low B. Mt favorite feature is the low B, I don't think I've written at least one riff on this beast that doesn't have the low B in it. Did you compare it to other products? Which ones? Why did you choose this one? No I didn't compare it to any other 7s, because no where near me carries 7-string guitars. I don't think that any of the local stores have even had a 7 walk in at all. I chose this one because it was in my price range and I was in the market for a good budget starter 7 that will hold up for a long time. Anything you wish it had? A reversed headstock, and an Edge Pro 7 with both a locking nut and locking tuners, for some extreme tuning stability, that is probably not needed at all with the locking nut, and proper string-spring ratio. // 9

RG7321 Reviewed by: pikey_no1, on december 05, 2003

Features: My first Ibanez. Brilliant finish, Black. H-H pickups. Volume and tone controls. No tremelo, unfortunately. 5pc maple/walnut Wizard II neck. Basswood body. For $39.99 extra you get a gigbag. And It's free UPS shipping to anywhere in USA. But I live in England, so it's $245+ extra. // 8

Sound: This is a brilliant guitar for 7 stringers that are starting, or 6 stringers looking for a change. The sound is brilliant comapred to the amount of instruments I've played. I know a man in Yorkshire that customises his own insrtuments, because he likes the sound, but needs it in 7-string so he can play the best riffs and solos, all original, I've ever heard. There was a Les Paul 1969 converted, a bunch of Fender strats, teles and mustangs converted, Jackson SLSMG converted and a bunch of other guitars, but this beats them all. The pickups give the right tone needed, the neck pickup for rhythm, then flick it to bridge for solo. Excellent. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The whole guitar suited my needs. Low action, smooth neck and jumbo frets for heavy rhythm and solo, and a shiny finishin black, which I customised to the Pearlescent purple-gold-dark orange-blue flip paint used on cars. It confuses so many people at gigs. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The way I play it, it has survived a few beatings. It has survived a couple stage dives, where people have moved out the way leaving me to fall 9 feet to the floor. Assholes. Anyway, it can take angry crowd members trying to kick the crap out of it, and a few bumps against amps trying to get feedback on feedback-proof amps, but failing. Overall a tough guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: For my heavy-funk-light type of rock, it suits me perfectly. If I could choose another guitar, it would be the K-7, because that is probably the only guitar that can match the power given with the instrument in your hand. // 10

RG7321 Reviewed by: the.spine.surfs, on august 19, 2006

Features: I have a 2005, Indonesian made RG7321. Equipped with a 5 piece 24 jumbo fretted Wizard II neck with a rosewood fingerboard, 2 humbuckers, basswood rg shaped srting-thru body, fixed bridge, 5-way selector, and mine came with a 8 foot cable of questionable quality. Oh yes, it has 7 strings too, would you believe. Full ratings because it has everything I need for what I play. // 9

Sound: I mostly play rock, metal, and Indie stuff of my own invention, so 24 frets and 7 strings gives me pleanty of flexibility. The sound is whatI call "moldable" in that it responds nicely to various effects. The clean tone is a bit rough around the edges, but very full, but it shines with distortion, from overdrive fuzz to death metal screech. The (very very large) humbuckers have power enough for anything, although are not in their prime with clean tones. The resonance is excellent, despite the bolt-on neck, due to the solidity of the body; the humbuckers are only slightly sunk into the body, rather than residing in a cavity, as on a Strat. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: Despite being refurbised and made outside the US, the set up was amazing. It arrived 90% in tune, with near-perfect intonation and the relativly low action I so very love. I have zero complaints. // 10

Reliability & Durability: Built like a tank with plastic bumpers. The pickup selector thingie (the little plastic piece that sticks on to the metal bar) has popped off a few times, and the input jack loosens up a tad from time to time. But the bridge, body, neck, and pickups are all soild as you could desire. All of the hardware, baring the aformentioned pickup selector thingie, are black finished and metal and should hold up very well, something I found suprising considering the price. Would that I had a band or gigs to go to, I'd definitally count on this one without backup. I've beaten it around a great deal already with my Townshend impressions, and it's holding up great. I wouldn't so readily count on other rg's with trems, though. // 9

Overall Impression: A steller instrument. Short of a double neck, this is the most cost effective way to get great flexibility. You can even play some bass parts on this, with the lower string, depending on your tuning. I'd definitally buy another if I lost it; the only alternative would be scraping up the extra 2k and getting a Universe. I especially love the rg shape, coupled with the wizard neck. Thin and fast enough to do the job, but thick and wide enough to be sturdy. The rg's shape is almost perfect from a functionality standpoint; upper fret access and playbility and comfort are all top notch. Over all, quite excellent. I haven't touched my Strat in months. // 10

RG7321 Reviewed by: lone_guitarist9, on august 30, 2006

Features: I got the guitar, a hardshell case and a pack of strings for about $470 after $50 dollars off. This was an outstanding deal for such an amazing guitar. Not too sure what year it was made in but itwas made in Indonesia. The one feature I didn't like about this guitar was the through body strings, but I'm getting used to it. There are 24 frets (as one of my idols Kirk Hammett uses). I got my Ibanez in black because I think the style of the guitar looks best in black, it comes with a volume and tone knob and a 5-way selector. // 9

Sound: It fits all my styles. Anything from rock (Guns N' Roses) to heavy metal (Metallica, Korn) to death metal (Dimmu Borgir, Cradle Of Filth) to industrial (Nine Inch Nails). For me, it fullfills everything I need. For right now I'm using my Ibanez bass amp and a Behringer Ultra Metal pedal for distortion. This combanation fits for a nice sound. The sound is very Clean and crisp, but it's still got the Umph the Ibanez brings to the table. With a better amp and a new distortion pedal, and this guitar will win my heart. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Still to this day it looks just as perfect as it did when I got it from the store. The pick ups are amazing. It has one of the most cleanest, crisp tones I have heard on any guitar, don't get me wrong there are plenty of other amazing guitars as well. I've always trusted Ibanez and they sure prove it with my RG7321. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar feels and looks like it would hold up to the test. I would use another guitar as backup, but another one of these with a different tuning. Compared to some of my other guitars, the strap doesn't fall off as much. I mean there is no 100% way to guarentee the strap to stay on (if there is, then tell me). We are talking about an Ibanez so you know that the finish is great and will withstand everything you can throw at it. In the time I've had it, it's dropped many times because of old stands breaking, tripping over chords or w/e and there is not one scratch on it. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall I have to say this is one of the best guitars I've owned/played/wanted. It's a 7 string which are hard to come by. So for any Korn, Mushroomhead or Stormlord fans. This is the guitar you want to play their songs on. As for any other guitarists, it is a little bit harder to play and it does take a while to get used to but it is defenatly a punch for your buck. There are some other guitars that I liked as well as this one but something about it caught my eye, but that's just me. I did buy this at a local guitar shop but with a set of new strings and a little polish from the finger prints and it was beautiful! // 10

RG7321 Reviewed by: Kruegs, on september 14, 2007

Features: This guitar has a Wizard II light weight maple neck which most people don't mention has a nice slant to it that makes it extra easy to reach the seventh string. It is a 2 fret with a nice black finish that gets dirty relatively easy but when it is cleaned looks amazing. The bridge style is a String-thru body which is nice with the added tension but I would really enjoy having a tremolo bar. // 9

Sound: This is a great all around guitar that can play genres from cool rock all the way down to death metal. It has a rich tone that is easily ajustable with one nob. I usually use and distortion with chorus and delay and it just sounds great with it. The guitar is a great metal guitar but sometimes without the right amp setting it can be hard to get some pinched harmonics. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I got the guitar from the store just after they finished cleaning and restringing it with some ernie ball seven strings and it sounded great. The tuning was a normal tuning from lowest to highest BEADGBE. Nothing was wrong with it and it was ready to play. The pickups are great I still have the stock but I think I might get the DiMarzio like on the Apex's. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have never did any live playing but when recording I have not had any problems it was able to be easily set where I needed it and be changed on the fly. I have done a lot with the straps on and nothing has happened yet. I have hit it off my chair a few times and nothing has happened to it not even a chip. It is a very durable guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a great guitar for what I play and it is the first Brand New guitar I've bought and I bought it for the soul reason of playing Baritone songs without have a Baritone guitar which can't be put in normal tuning without the right strings. It is great for death metal (Amon Amart) and can still play my Red Hot Chilli Peppers suberbly. If I didn't get this guitar I would have gotten the way more expensive S7320 still made by Ibanez. // 10

RG7321 Reviewed by: ugmung, on june 30, 2008

Purchased from: Local Guitar Center

Features: This guitar features the basics. Two humbucking pickups, fixed bridge, 5-way toggle switch, and a volume and tone knob. This guitar is made in Indonesia, but it feels very well put together. It features a basswood body with a maple/rosewood neck. The neck is a bolt-on neck, but don't be afraid, it is very easy to access the upper frets. It comes with the Standard fixed bridge, HardTail. I like that because I'm not a fan of trems. // 9

Sound: This seven-string guitar suits my every need. I get amazing cleans and crazy distortion out of it. It gives you the low end of the B string but you still have your high e, which is another reason why I bought it. There is no noise at all, this thing is silent. I use this with my Roland Cube 60 and my Toneport to record things. This is a very versatile guitar. Most would think that you cannot play other than metal on this guitar, but you can. With the right gear settings you can get, like I said, amazing cleans. Everything is so dynamic and clear. But the pickups are lacking, the pickups suck. They sound good clean, but when I want distortion, it tends to get muddy and just bleh. A pickup change is definitely recommended when you purchase this guitar. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: I had to adjust the action on this guitar after I got it, it was a little too high for me, but other than that everything came out alright. There was absolutely nothing wrong with it when I bought it, the guys at the shop wiped it down with some cleaner and polish while we were still doing the transaction, now it's shiny. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I have not yet gigged with it yet, but I'm 100% positive that it is a gig worthy guitar. The hardware is on there tight, they're not going anywhere anytime soon. I can go to gigs without anything else, it's just that dependable to me. The finish is kind of weird, because I have accidentally bumped it into things then went "Oh Shit!" then looked at it, but never found anything, this thing is clean. I never said it was a bad kind of weird, it's just my other guitar you can touch and it'll scratch. // 10

Overall Impression: I play metal (death, black, prog, thrash, melodic death, symphonic black, etc. etc.) This guitar is perfect for me, I get the extended range and I still have my higher notes which is exactly what I want. This thing looks great, plays great, and most importantly, sounds great. I've been playing for roughly 3 years now, I can safely say that I know a thing or two. Buy this guitar, you will not regret it. This is a level-entry seven-string guitar, but it will not disappoint you. If you're looking for a cheap seven-string to experiment with, this is the one. // 9

RG7321 Reviewed by: MetalMusicGod, on january 12, 2009

Purchased from: GAK

Features: This Guitar was made in 2007, not sure which country (probably Korea or anywhere with cheap manual labour). 25.5 scale. Basswood Body in the typical RG Shape (Super Strat), nice and Light. It has a 5 piece Maple/Walnut Neck with a Brazilian Rosewood Fingerboard, 24 Jumbo Frets, which I can only describe as the perfect neck setup for Speed Freaks. It comes in black, with a Unfinished Neck, and a Black Headstock. It has a 7 String Fixed Bridge, String-Thru Body. 2 Humbucker Pick-ups; AXIS 7 2 in the Bridge, and an AXIS 7 1 in the Neck. 2 Knobs, 1 Volume and 1 Tone which is all you will ever need for Metal. Only 2 things could make this Guitar Better, a Mahogany Body and a Floyd Rose Tremolo. // 8

Sound: This is the perfect 7 String Guitar for Metal, which is what I play, everything is crystal clear, on most guitars I find can't hear when I'm hitting different strings, this picks them out clearly. I've recently changed my Pick-ups out to the Seymour Duncan AHB Blackout's Phase 1. I prefer an Active Pick-up, and it sounds even better than ever. I down tune all my Guitars, this one to a Drop F# (F#, C#, F#, B, E, G#, C#). I got a custom set of strings, 11, 15, 18, 28, 38, 48, 66. Putting such a thick 7th string made me have to shave the Nut down a bit, but nothing big. I run this into a Rivera Knucklehead K-Tre Reverb Head which runs into a Rivera Knucklehead 4X12 with 4 Celestion G12-T75 Speakers. I've plugged many guitars into this amp and I've never got such a great bottom end out of a guitar as this one. The lower strings never sound too muddy, and the highs are as clear as anything. The Neck Pick-up was so clear, I didn't like it, as it picked out all the major ****-ups while playing my solos. The Bridge Pick-up was everything a Shredder ever needed. Great sounding, concentrating on the Highs, which was good when you play down-tuned. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I got the guitar, nothing needed doing, plugged it in and played away. Dropped the tuning after 5 mins, apart from the obvious sloppiness of the strings, it still sounded great. As for the finish, excellent. Lovely smooth Black Body, the neck was great to slide up and down, the only gripe was the Neck Binding was a bit untidy and dirty, I needed to rub it down and polish it. All the hardware was impeccable, like it was made yesterday. I've completely resprayed my Guitar, It has an All White Body, Neck and Headstock with a Bloody Handprint and Blood Splatter on the Body and Headstock. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I've never played it Live, as were still lokking for a few more band members. But I have every confidence it will last a long time, I've dropped it a couple of times and knocked it against a cupboard corner and nothing, not a mark on it. Never fell off the straps, even when when I've swung it in the air. I would definately use for a Gig and wouldn't dream of taking anything else. // 8

Overall Impression: For me it's perfect, even though it is dirt cheap, I haven't found a better 7 String Guitar. I've had it for 7 months and couldn't be apart from it. If it was stolen, I would the nuts off the git that stole it, then I would buy another, and another, and another. All in all, Great guitar, needed a Mahogany Body and a Floyd Rose, and maybe a more interesting finish, but otherwise it's perfect for Me, Metal, and Low-Tuned Shredders. // 9

RG7321 Reviewed by: Colton165, on january 12, 2009

Purchased from: www.musiciansfriend.com

Features: This guitar is a 2007 Made in Indonesia (its not one of the Japanese made) Ibanez RG7321. It is a Brilliant Black finish, which I really like; because from one angle, it seems to be a flat black, but when you move it, it has a gloss finish. 24 Jumbo Frets, White fretboard binding, Rosewood fingerboard on a 5-piece Wizard II neck (which is very fast, and I easily adapted to it from a 6-string) I believe that the body is a solid-top basswood body, and it has the black finish. The body style is that of a horned Ibanez in the RG series, and it has a Fixed 7 String Ibanez bridge (string-thru). The pickups are passive Ibanez-designed humbuckers, with a 5-way Switch (all the way to the right is the bridge, the area closest to bride, 2nd to right is the whole bridge pickup, middle is neck+bridge, etc.) A single volume and tone knob are onboard as well. The tuners, as far as I know, are Ibanez-made tuners. They are non-locking, and very tight, which I like compared to my other guitar, which I had to turn for about 20 seconds to raise the pitch one step. The guitar came strung with D'Addario XL light gauge strings, a warranty, and a free 1 year subscription to Rolling Stone magazine. // 8

Sound: It suits my music style[s] great, which is mainly progressive metal, but I play some modern rock, funk, and fusion (a-la Dixie Dregs) as well. I am using it with a Fender G-DEC (currently saving for a tube amp), and it sounds great on distortion presets like [14] Underworld on the bridge pickup for riffs, and in the middle position (bridge+neck) for leads/fills. For cleans, I have been using mainly the middle (bridge+neck), or the neck pickups. It isn't very noisy, but I will admit that I now know what people talk about when they say the lower strings sound 'muddy', the low B sounds somewhat muddy on this guitar. All of the treble strings from the high E to A are very clear, biting, and respond well to harmonics, both natural and artificial; but the low B is somewhat blurred, and the low E doesn't do pinch harmonics very well. I will probably replace the pickups with Dimarzios (D-Sonic 7, Blaze Neck) because of the somewhat muddy sound on the low B. Overall, it's got a good sound, the B isn't THAT muddy, but lacks some definition to it. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came from the factory with great action, not on the frets, but not 1/2 and inch off the fretboard either. It was kind of low, which is how I like it, but not too low to where I can't achieve tapped harmonics. It came with D'Addario XL Super-Light Strings (Gauge.009-.054), which was a little thin for me (I usually play on.010's or.011's), but these are fine, and I actually like them, which I can't say about my Epiphone's factory strings (they were horrible). All of the routing was done properly, there was no stray marks on the guitar, no chips in the paint or wood, nothing. The only thing I found wrong with it was that the input jack was a little loose, but I fixed that in about 2 minutes with a small Philips head screwdriver. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Everything (so far) on this guitar is completely solid. The strap buttons, the bridge, tuning pegs, pickup Switch, tone knob, nut, etc. They all seem like well-made pieces of hardware. The finish is great, it's good to know that can withstand picking (I haven't found any pick scratches yet, as well as everyday playing. My only complaint is that it shows dust somewhat easily. I honestly can't give an opinion on Live playing and gigging, I'm not in a band. But if I were, I would always have a backup, even if I owned a $6000 custom guitar, I would never go without a backup. If I did gig, I think it would withstand me, as I wouldn't throw it in the air, beat on the strings, or dump beer on it, (I would never do that to any guitar except maybe a Hannah Montana acoustic) so I think it could hold it's own. // 8

Overall Impression: The overall impression of this guitar that I had was "Wow, my first seven string. This is gonna be great, I can tell by the way it looks" I play mostly progressive metal, but play everything from jazz fusion (Dixie Dregs), to country. I have been playing 2 1/2 years now, and I own a Epiphone Korina Explorer, and my Fender G-DEC amp. If this guitar were stolen, I would hunt down the person Who stole it, and make them drink drain cleaner. Not only is it a good guitar, it has sentimental value, as my parents got it for me. I love the fact that it has 24 frets, and all of them are reachable. On some guitars I have played, you cannot access past the 22nd fret. I wish it had Dimarzios in it, and possibly a tremolo. // 8

RG7321 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 12, 2009

Price paid: C$ 436.26

Purchased from: Tom Lee Music Store

Features: It's neck type is 5pc Wizard II-7 Maple/Walnut, Basswood body, Jumbo Frets, 7 String Fixed Bridge, It's neck and bridge pickups are AH7's (humbuckers), with passive electronics, Black finish, RG body. Simple but an effective weapon of metal music. it's features are really amazing but the pickups are quite good If you ask me. // 9

Sound: It's suits mostly metal music but can also be used for hard rock music. I use my RG7321 with a Vox amp (also good with Marshall but a Vox is a killer if you ask me), effects depends on the user I use a Boss Metal. It also gives a rich heavy sound and a very good clean sound too. This guitar sounds great for shredding, harmonics, and of course... heavy riffs. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar was set-up pretty fair. You can adjust the pickups if you want to have a better Live sound though and there's absolutely no flaws what'soever. The strings are originally tuned to BEADGbe but when I bought mine it's already in a low A tuning (probably one of the staff tuned it) it's strings can be tuned to A or B // 7

Reliability & Durability: I haven't played it Live yet but I have played it with my friends in some little jams. It's has a massive sound so it can cheer a moshpit. The hardware looks like it will last because of it's good finish. I suggest you change the strings though once a year sometimes the 7th string becomes floppy (if your using a hard pick) // 9

Overall Impression: Overall Impression, a great guitar to play for those looking for a change in music, style, and even instrument. The price is really affordable. I have been playing it for a month now and it just sound massive. If this were to get stolen. I would probably get a new one or get another type of 7 stringed guitar (for example the new Ibanez Apex 1 oe 2 which costs huge sums of money though). I love everything about it but I'm not quite sure about it's durability though, well I guess I have to found out myself. // 10

RG7321 Reviewed by: unregistered, on may 25, 2009

Purchased from: eBay

Features: This is the new 2009 version of the RG7321, but with a new finish "Blackberry Sunburst" and I must say it is gorgeous, especially with the Flamed Maple top. It's 24 frets, seven strings, MII most likely, HH setup, 5-way Switch, the neck humbucker is parallel connected, 1 vol, 1 tone, stock Ibanez AH-7 pups (decent sound but they're nothing compared to Dimarzios or EMGs), Standard non-locking tuners, fixed bridge, "Cosmo" hardware, Basswood body, 5 pc. Maple/walnut neck (which is thin, flat, fast, and wide perfect for shred). I bought mine off eBay so I got an extremely nice Tour Grade gig bag. // 10

Sound: I play a mix of several styles ranging from brutal chrushing metal, to softer jazz, and blues and this guitar is perfect for each. I play through a DigiTech RP250, into a Line 6 Spider III 15, and the guitar just wails even without a trem. The pickups are quiet and have a good amount of gain and bass response (I had to go through and back off the bass a bit on my few main presets on my RP250), with the 5-way I can get sounds ranging from lwo-end chugged riffs on the low B, all the way to smooth melodic clean passages with only a little mud from the stock pups (I'm going to replace them soon with Dimarzios), all in all if you're looking for an amazing starter seven this is the way to go, or if you can't afford this version the black one is awesome as well. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is amazing, it's not too low and not too high, it's just where I like it. The pups are unadjustable so that's kind of an epic fail but I can deal with it. The finish is absolutely amazing, there is not even one scratch from the original owner (I purchased this guitar off of eBay and the guy only played it a couple of times so there isn't even any fretwear), the nut is perfect and feels amazing, the neck is straight and it was extremely easy to adjust to (it took me probably five minutes). // 10

Reliability & Durability: I only got this guitar a few days ago so I'm not too sure how well it'll handle Live playing, but knowing Ibanez it will be able to handle a huge amount of abuse. I would definitely use this one without a back up (I have to though, it's my only seven.) // 10

Overall Impression: I play Progressive Metal so this beauty is perfect! I've been playing for 7 years this June, and I own two other Ibanez guitars, both six strings. If this guitar were to suffer some horrible accident (ie. being stolen, dropped off of a stage, set on fire, implosion), I would definitely save up enough cash to purchase this guitar again. It would be a heck of a lot easier for me if it came with an Edge Pro 7 or a Lo-Pro 7 with DiMarzio D Sonic 7 and Air Norton 7 pickup set. I can wait to get the trem retro-fitted though with locking tuners. If you can afford this (Ibanez's list price is $666.65) I say get it if not go with the black version, it's the same thing. If you look for this one look on eBay first, you're bound to get a good deal some way or another. // 10

RG7321 Reviewed by: Musashi22, on july 28, 2009

Features: This guitar comes with 24 jumbo frets, and a bound rosewood fretboard. The body has a Stratocaster shape and is made of basswood, and has a metallic/shiny black finish. It has a string through fixed bridge. There is a volume control, a tone control, and a 5 way pickup selector. It has two hum-bucking pickups, the models are IBZ INF3 humbucker neck pickup, and IBZ INF4 humbucker bridge pickup. // 8

Sound: Its sound is very good in my opinion, I play metal-metal core-anything, some examples would be Trivium, Unearth, some Korn, and a bit of Scar Symmetry. I only use distortion, and I keep my Low Medium and High to the highest. The guitars pickups honestly aren't the best, for tapping and hammer ons and pull offs, but they do handle buzzing distortion quite well. The guitar has a high depth of sound on both distortion and clean, and that's why its my favorite guitar for the time being. // 7

Action, Fit & Finish: The Guitar's action was low, and its very easy to maneuver, because it has a thin neck. The pickups were at the same level as each other when I got them, but I decided to lower the front pickup. The only physical problem with this guitar is the fact that there was a chip at the bottom and it took off 200 dollars from the price, so I think its the best mistake there could have been. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This Guitar will definitely survive live playing, as long as you pick up better pickups for it, because the pickups just aren't the best. The strap buttons on the guitar were so solid, and big, that I haven't taken off the strap for the entire time I've had this guitar. I know for a fact that I can depend on this guitar to gig without a backup, and the finish is very professionally put on. // 10

Overall Impression: I play Metal/Metalcore, and this guitar couldn't be better for it. I have been playing for nearly a year, and I own a Dean Vendetta Vnxm, an Ibanez EX160, a Boss Ds1 Distortion Pedal, And a Crate Flex wave 15 Watt amp. If this guitar was stolen, I would buy it again... And again.. And again. I love the playability of this guitar, I hate the pickups, but the seventh string is a charm. I wish this guitar had a set of EMGs in it. // 8

RG7321 Reviewed by: unregistered, on april 22, 2010

Purchased from: HW Music Bolton

Features: Indonesian-made, 2009. 24 frets, 25.5" scale length. Basswood body, Maple/Walnut neck. Bound rosewood fingerboard with pearl Dot inlay & jumbo frets. Black gloss finish, superstrat body shape. Fixed bridge, passive pickups (HH), 1 volume, 1 control, 5-way pickup selector (bridge, bridge in parallel, both, single bridge & single neck coil, neck). Axis II 7 in Bridge, Axis I 7 in neck. Ibanez stock tuners, no accessories included. First gripe is that it would be better in maybe a 26.625" scale length - the B gets too floppy when down-tuned, and higher guages (I use a 60 currently) could possibly eat through the frets. Very well featured guitar, could possibly do with a larger scale length, e.g. 26.625". Owned an Ibanez RG321MH previously, and it wouldn't fit into a guitar gig bag so I had to pick up a bass one - possibly due to the headstock? Beautiful guitar, no real gripes. // 10

Sound: The guitar is designed for metal, and it shows, although it's excellent for pretty much any style of playing. I've played this through a Roland Cube 60 and a Line 6 Spider III 15, and it sounds excellent through them all. I use a sort-of custom gauge set - hybrid 9s with a 60 for the low B (stock was 10-52, I believe). The low B sounds rather muddy, although I plan to swap out the stock pickups for Seymour Duncan Blackout Phase I's, which should clear the problem. The guitar sounds very full, which is imperative when chugging out low rhythms, yet is perfect for playing high lead work as well. It also handles clean playing well, and would probably make a very good guitar for a jazz guitarist. Overall, superb guitar, but could do with an option for better pickups. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was beautifully set up. Action was fine, pickups were fine, plugged it in and started playing straight away, no setup needed. The only gripe I have with this guitar's setup is that the tuning peg on the G string was (and still is) rather slack. Other than this though a flawless guitar, and from Ibanez I would expect nothing less. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar's built like a panzer. The hardware's solid as a rock, as are the strap buttons. It's extremely dependable, and I wouldn't even dream of a backup in a gig. The finish has slightly more give in it - a few chips and scratches, although these are mostly my fault (I should invest in a guitar stand)! I've considered respraying this guitar, although I'm a little apprehensive as the finish looks dandy as it is and I don't want to risk buggering it up. Overall, a very solid guitar. // 8

Overall Impression: I've been playing guitar for about 4 years, and I play mostly prog metal, which this thing is perfect for. I own an Ibanez RG31MH, and have owned a generic brand start (cost about 50 on eBay). If it was stolen, I would probably put the money into an Ibanez S7420 (Mahogany body, ZP tremolo) although if this didn't exist I would definitely buy another one. The best thing about this guitar is its rugged simplicity - very little setup time needed for hours upon hours of rock-solid playing. I think it could've done with a larger scale length, and possibly a different finish (white/red). Other than that, a beautiful guita. If you're looking for a cheap, but effective and feature-rich 7 string, you can do a lot worse than the RG7321. // 9

RG7321 Reviewed by: nutinpwnsgibson, on april 29, 2010

Purchased from: a friend

Features: Made in 2006, indonesia I'm pretty sure. 24 pretty fat frets, wizard 7 neck, ebony fretboard, 25.5 inch scale, which I guess is short scale for a seven string. Solid black finish, basswood body, RG body shape, string through body/fixed bridge, passive pickups, stock Ibanez neck and bridge humbucker, 5 way pickup Switch (has some coil splitting options). A well featured guitar for the price (which is $400 new). // 9

Sound: I play metal like periphery, dream theater, meshuggah, megadeth, all that good stuff. I use the guitar with a Line 6 PODXT through speakers or headphones at home, and at band practice I use an old Marshall 8080 solid state. Just like everyone who plays metal, I use the "big bottom" setting on the pod xt for that tight djent sound. On the coil-split settings its a little noisy, but mine had no major issues with that. The guitar isn't bad for a metal sound in general, but the stock bridge pickup was a bit muddy so I put in a d sonic 7, currently with the bar towards the neck. As of now, its really tight on all the strings, but the low b is still just a tad bit loose, so I might test the bar towards the bridge. Overall, it can get a fair amount of other sounds with its coil splitting options and such, but its meant for metal. // 6

Action, Fit & Finish: Keep in mind I bought this guitar from a friend but knowing him he probably didn't change the factory setup much. The action wasn't bad, but for shredding I wanted it a little bit lower, so I had to get a hex set (metric) as the screw for changing the height of the bridge saddles is 1.5mm. The pickups were at a good height, I don't think I ever had to adjust the stock pickups, but even so its no big deal. No other flaws really. // 8

Reliability & Durability: The guitar will withstand live playing. The electronics failed on me once (not at a show thankfully) but this was probably because of the previous owner (idk). But either way, it was a simple fix, all that happened was one of the wires to the input jack got unsoldered. The strap buttons are fine, and I've gigged with it without another seven string before. The finish doesn't look like it'll have any problems. // 6

Overall Impression: Most people who buy this are metal lovers looking to expand their range at a low cost, and it does that perfectly. Its a steal at 400 dollars. I've been playing for 2-3 years, and it holds up against my brother's Ibanez S prestige. It plays great for shredding and can sound great if you know what you're doing. If it were stolen or lost, I might look at something else, maybe an LTD, but that's just because I've never owned any seven strings other than ibanez. I love how simple and well-playing it is, the only problem is the crappy stock pickups, but that's replaceable. If you're putting good pickups in it, I'd take a look at all the different dimarzio's, bareknuckles if you have lots of cash, and if you're into the EMG sound the EMG 707/seymour duncan blackout. // 9

RG7321 Reviewed by: H, Omitted, on october 08, 2010

Purchased from: Dakota Pawnbrokers

Features: It is a seven string guitar made by Ibanez, has a fixed bridge.The hardware and finish is black. Has two passive humbuckers, one volume knob, one tone knob, and a 5 way selector switch. 24 frets on a rosewood fret board. The body is basswood, like my Washburn 7 string and the neck is a 2-3 piece maple neck. When I bought it my guitar had two different pickups in it. The neck pickup is stock, while the bridge pickup is a DiMarzio PAF7 (I'm guessing the person who had it before me put it in there). // 8

Sound: The sound is interesting to say the least. Right now I have it in my dorm room with a small amp and three pedals; a Boss GE-7, a Boss MD-2, and an Ibanez CF-7. I've been using it to play metal songs and my own improvisations. It has a tad more sustain on the 24th fret compared to my other seven string, a Washburn WG-587. The neck pickup has quite a bit of bass, more than my liking for leads, but I adjust that using my Boss GE-7. The bridge pickup that was put in has a nice sound, a bit more output than the Washburn but there is a bit more bass. Once again the EQ comes into play. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought it, the input jack's nut was a bit loose, but a wrench fixed that quickly. The action was suitable for my needs, but the guitar was dirty as hell. But once again, that was also a quick fix. The pickups were set rather high, but that isn't a prime concern to me, in fact it gives a bit more tonal difference. The strap holders (or whatever you call them) are loose, but I'll probably change them out and get some strap locks. // 7

Reliability & Durability: I'm not a gigging musician yet, but I feel as though it can withstand live playing (in fact I have yet to test it on my other amps). I can depend on it, but if I can't then I have my Washburn as a backup. The finish has some scratches in it, but I'm sure that is just from regular use. In fact from a distance it still looks new. // 9

Overall Impression: All in all it's a pretty good guitar, but I'm sure some will say better is out there. If it were stolen I'd either look into another one, or buying an Agile Interceptor as from what I've been hearing it is just as affordable and just as good, if not better. I like it because it suits what I do, which most of the time is improvised metal, however I would like to have known just how much more tonal difference the DiMarzio PAF7 adds. // 9

RG7321 Reviewed by: ethan_hanus, on january 19, 2012

Features: Just bought this guitar, so I'm assuming it was made in 2011 in Indonesia, which is not a problem. As with most Ibanez's, has 24 frets, basswood body, rosewood fredboard with their Wizard II-7 5 piece maple neck and the typical poly finish over solid black. Has the super Strat look to it, with the Gibraltar Standard 7 bridge, which is actually a pretty nice HardTail bridge. Has your standard passive electronics, one volume, one tone, and a 5 way switch for 2 humbucking pickups, which is interesting. With the selector switch all the way down towards the bridge direction, you get the bridge pickup, position 2 is the bridge's front coil and the necks rear coil together, 3ed/middle you get the full bridge and neck humbuckers together, 4th position is the neck humbucker connected parallel, and 5th closest to the neck is the neck humbucker. The pickups are AH27 in the bridge and AH17 in the neck, both ceramic humbuckers. The tuners are nice, very nice for stock tuners. They are non locking, but are very smooth, tight, and just work like great tuners. I bought this guitar as part of a trade in so no stuff came with it. // 7

Sound: I play various different styles, ranging from blues to metal, and for playing in my church band it works great, the extended range gives me possibilities that I never thought I could have. The stock pickups actually are my favorite thing on this guitar. Most people say Ibanez's stock pickups are crap, I tend to disagree after hearing these pickups. They are PAF based pickups, and I'm used to playing on high output Bareknuckle pickups. They give the guitar a very nice warm, responsive, natural sounding tone, even for ceramic pickups. I'm using this guitar with various amps, mainly my Valveking 112 with a WGS V-30 speaker. Effects are either just amp distortion with a TS-9, or my LiquidDrive distortion. The guitar is actually very quiet, even on high gain, responds very well, but to me it sounds like it's lacking low end response on the low B string. It's a pretty full sounding guitar, coming from a very bright guitar (my old Squier). It has some nice high end to it, but not too bad. The neck pickup is very smooth sounding, and gives excellent cleans, and it's not too bassy, unless you are under light distortion, then it gets a bit bassy. The 2nd and 4th positions are nice, but I can't really see a good use for them, maybe for some funk music, but other than that I see no use. I've managed to get almost every tone I've wanted to from this guitar, power tube saturated blues to heavy downtuned metal this thing does it. // 8

Action, Fit & Finish: I bought the guitar right off the display self at Guitar Center, and it was set up almost perfectly. The guitar came stock with.009's, I don't know which brand, but knowing GC, they were most likely Earni Ball's. I put on Rotosound Yellows (.10's or light gauge) without any set up and the guitar's action and relief stayed the same. The action was perfect for me, not too high, and not too low, maybe 2.5-3mm action. The pickups were actually adjusted perfectly, which was a surprise, usually that's a preference thing. Everything on the guitar seemed in perfect condition, couldn't find any flaws other than the knobs didn't rotate perfectly, as in something wasn't straight, either the pots shaft or the knobs, they kinda wobbled. Finish was also flawless... But it's kind hard to mess up a simple black finish. // 9

Reliability & Durability: So far this guitar has withstood my abuse. I feel like it was designed as a budget 7 string for a beginner gigging player. The hardware seems like it will last, but I have seen black painted metal rust before, so we'll see. The strap buttons are pretty solid, but I think they are slightly small, but that could be due to my old worn out strap, since it keeps coming off. I'll have to watch it though since the strap button on the horn seems like it'll be the most likely to break off, mainly breaking off the horn itself. I think I can depend on this guitar without a backup, unless I pop a string, which hasn't happened yet either. Considering the finish is poly, I expect it to last forever. The satin finish on the neck on the other hand, seems like it'll wear off eventually, it also gets dirty quick, so I have to make sure my hands are clean before I play it. The neck also seems a bit to thin, since it's rather easy to accidentally throw notes off a few cents if you apply any pressure to the neck. // 6

Overall Impression: Like I said, I play all kinds of music, and I think I'll have this guitar for quite a while, seeing as it matches what I play pretty well. I've been playing for 7-8 years now, so not too bad... This is my second electric guitar that I've ever owned, having used and modified the crap out of my Squier Affinity for 6 years. There was nothing to ask really before buying it. If the guitar was stolen, I would definitely try to get another, just seems like such a great guitar for the money. I love the playability of it, the neck seems so natural and the frets are just awesome. A few things I hate about it is the black finish... I hate black finishes, but this was the only one they had, and I dislike the satin finish on the neck, I don't like the fact that it gets dirty, and doesn't just wipe clean. The guitar only barely fits in my hardcase, the headstock is pushing against the lining. Favorite feature... The 7th low B string of course. I couldn't find any other 7 string guitars in GC, so I didn't really get to compare it to other 7 strings. I kinda wish it had another volume knob for the neck pickup, so I can kinda already have things where I want. // 7

RG7321 Reviewed by: ShraxiA, on january 23, 2012

Price paid: A$ 390

Purchased from: Tone Factor

Features: I recently bought this guitar with the extra cash I earned over the holiday period, and the shipping took about 3 weeks. It's my first seven string guitar, but I have played heaps and can't think of a way to justify buying into the higher end market with a Schecter Hellraiser or anything similar, because this guitar has performed so well in my opinion. This guitar was made in Japan or possibly Korea, I can't be sure because the receipt was overrun with typographical errors and blank spaces. This guitar has all that you could want, unless you're looking to be specific with your tone by adding an on board EQ system or a third pickup. The neck has 24 jumbo frets, centre dot, mother-of-pearl inlays and a white plastic bordering. The construction is 5 piece, and is made of Maple/Walnut. There's twin brown stripes that run down the back of the neck and up into the headstock, that make the otherwise ordinary neck appearance a little more interesting. The body is a simple Basswood superstrat job, with a long cutaway, an indentation type thing which makes it easier to rest your forearm and palm mute, and very solid strap pins. The finish is black and shiny, and is a tad prone to fingerprints, but is otherwise nice and sleek. The bridge is a Gibraltar Standard 7 bridge, with VERY smooth saddles. There is none of those fine tuners that you may find on other Ibanez models, they would just be a hassle on this guitar; the tuners are fantastic. They keep tune very well, even through excessive bending and drop tuning. The bridge is fixed, and is a string through variety. The hardware colour is black, but doesn't chip easily or look cheap. The stock humbuckers are a little disappointing, being pretty dense and muddy. I usually play with the neck pickup when coupled with distortion, and the high end sounds nice, but low chugging is sloppy. I am soon going to replace the neck pickup with some DiMarzio D Activators and see how that turns out. There is simple controls, a slightly unresponsive tone, a volume control and a five way pickup selector. There is an option of parallel neck pickups, but the tone on that is slightly empty. I bought this guitar with no bags/cases etc. // 7

Sound: The music I generally play is heavy/death metal or deathcore (good deathcore; Whitechapel, TBDM, no Chelsea Grin crap) and this guitar is pretty well suited to that. Whether I am playing in standard 7 string B tuning or dropping the B to an A for some chugging, the sound is fine, albeit a tiny bit slurred. As I said before, the high end is fantastic, and pinch harmonics on the neck pickup are pretty good. The clean sound on this guitar is beautiful and mid range rich. I use an old Drive 100 watt combo amp coupled with a cheap DigiTech HOT Head pedal, and I can get some nice tones from this setup. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set up fairly well, I didn't really need to change anything except for the string action, which was a little low, but that was fast and easy and when I was finished, the guitar was very playable. The neck is very thin and comfortable to use, which helps a lot with a seven string guitar. The pickups are fine where they are, I haven't needed to adjust them yet. The strings that the guitar came with are D'Addario's, and are nice as they are. The construction was all but flawless. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar has held up fine, has sturdy strap pins and doesn't dent easily. I have had this guitar for only a few days, but a few hazardous trips through my drumkit-infested bedroom have proven worthy opponents to most of my other guitars. This one, however, still looks and feels fine. The finish seems solid as anything, I will definitely gig with this guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: this guitar seems perfect for the style of music I play, far better than the set-up Yamaha Strat copy I had been using previously. I have been teaching myself guitar for about 2 years now, coupled with studying Piano with a teacher. If this guitar were stolen or destroyed, I would probably cry for a while about my financial shortcomings, but eventually buy another one. I love that this guitar is comfortable to play, very solid and classy-looking, but I am disappointed in the stock pickups. The only thing I could wish for now is more strings. // 9

RG7321 Reviewed by: Corey.Knight, on march 28, 2012

Price paid: C$ 500

Purchased from: Long N McQuade

Features: Made in 2009 from Indonesia. It has the following stock specs: - Wizard II-7 neck - 5pc. maple/walnut neck material - Basswood body - 24 jumbo frets - Bound rosewood finger board - Fixed 7 bridge - IBZ AH1-7 (H) neck PU - IBZ AH2-7 (H) bridge PU - Pearl dot inlay - Hardware color: black As per the features they seemed to be just your average parts, nothing really too special. // 7

Sound: This guitar can sound both beautiful and thrash so hard your ears will bleed! That being said this was after swapping the stock bridge pickups with evolution 7's. Even the stock pickups were excellent and I almso did not swap them out. It has a great range of tone but mostly falls into the jazz/metal category. The low b sound crystal clear and with the evo 7's comes out even better and less muddy. // 9

Action, Fit & Finish: The action out of the box was very low. For me I play very hard on the strings so I had to raise it just a little but if you have a delicate touch the action will probably be perfect. The pickups and bridge were all what I would expect, nothing more, and the finish was very plain... Wish there were more options than the solid black finish. // 8

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is a beast. It has been through quite a lot and never faultered. The neck, even though it is very thin, did not warp and maintained its shape even in the cold Canadian winters. I do not have another backup for this 7-string simply because there isnt another I would rather use, this one is the best I've had the joy of playing. // 10

Overall Impression: Great guitar, especially for the price. Adding in a new bridge pickup was the tonal facelift this guitar needed to Shine as bright as any $1000 axe. It is very reliable and a joy to play for both those swinging clean jazz lines or melt-your face shredding. Well done Ibanez. // 9

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ Artcore AFS75T 9.3 Electric Guitars 07/10/2014