RG7620 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 01/17/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG7620
It's a rather sophisticated looking guitar, with black hardware and a rosewood fretboard, with the body finished in "Vampire Kiss," which is essentially a metallic burgandy.
 8.7
 7.3
review (1) 11 comments vote for this gear:
RG7620 Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 17, 2005

Features: - Mine is an 1999 model made in Japan - Wizard-7 neck type - Basswood body - Jumbo 24 fret - Floyd rose lo pro edge 7 bridge - Dimarzio Blaze II neck pu - n/a mid pu - Dimarzio Blaze II bridge pu. // 10

Sound: I play Fear Factory/Mushroomhead style music so as you can tell this is perfect infact Bronson from Mushroomhead uses this guitar onstage, the rig I currently run it threw is just a Ashton 100watt head with a 200watt cab into a Jim Dunlop Crybaby and a Boss CH-1 Chourus (I'm a simple rig person). This guitar has probably the most best sound and tone I could ever get out of a guitar on the bridge position. It's bassy without gettin muddy and the harder you hit the strings the fatter the sound and tone gets on the neck pu it has great clear acoustic style sound (on clean of course). Really crisp so this guitar can do any sound your looking for garuntee. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The action is set low perfect to what I want so no fiddling around with that required unlike most guitars so goes with the pickups I only adjusted the front one because I hit it to much when I play fear Factory Songs (hint why Dino and Christian don't bother with neck pickups). The body's beautiful nice and straight. And awesome finish, mine's a gold puter so it likes awsome when light hits it. As for flaws, there's not one single thing I can complain about this guitar all the time I've had it I've never had to touch the tuning the locking nuts and floyd rose lo pro bridge work beautifully. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I gig without a back up this thing cant get ne more reliable the body and necks well balanced for standing playing and the hardware is really solid and tight I don't feel nething coming loose. // 10

Overall Impression: All I can say is this guitar is perfect! For nothing and everything well worth the high price that comes with it but then again it's a Ibanez 7 string, the best 7 string makers in the world so you know you're gettin nothing but the best from a guitar. It's actually been compared to the UV7 and has come out ontop (via jemsite.com). // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014