RG870Z Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 01/23/2013 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RG870Z
The RG870Z is out of the new premium line from 2011. This guitar is perfect for my aggressive metal playing, and can be played for ANY kind of music as well.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.5
 9.8
 9.7
 9.9
reviews (2) pictures (2) 3 comments vote for this gear:
RG870Z Reviewed by: Slipknot101.0, on may 30, 2011

Price paid: C$ 690

Purchased from: Guitarworks

Features: The RG870z is out of the new premium line from 2011. The RG Premium guitars are made in the premium facility in Indonesia. It has 24 jumbo frets on a 25.5" scale. The body is made from American Basswood and the neck is a 5 piece Wizard Maple/Walnut with KTS TITANIUM reinforcment. It has a slick black finish. The RG870z has the newly designed Edge-Zero II tremolo and CAP-VM pickups. It has volume and tone knobs and a 5-way pickup selector. It also has pressure pads at the top of the neck for perfect tuning stability. All RG premiums come with a Ibanez Premium hardcase. // 10

Sound: This guitar is perfect for my playing style. I mostly play metal and this guitar has a great metal sound for ground breaking riffs and gut-busting solos. I use it with a Crate amp and Behringer "Super Metal" pedal. Even when you Switch to a clean sound, it has outsanding results. The Bridge pickups give a great full mteal sound and the neck pickups help clean up unwanted sounds from individual strings you don't wanna hear when doing your lead. It gives great sound for all your harmonics. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: This guitar comes factory tuned at Eb Standard and you can plug it into your favorite amp and pedals and its ready to rip and roar, no adjustments needed. The pickups don't need any adjustment if your going to be playing any of your favorite songs, but can be easily adjusted with your Premium tool, which comes included in the case. When first picking up this guitar, I found zero flaws with its playability or electronics. This guitar definitly had a shitload of care and attntion when being made. // 10

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is desinged for aggressive playing and is the ultimate workhouse guitar for todays hardworking musician. The hardware has has lastd pretty well since I got it and doesnt't seem like its going to give up any time soon. The strap buttons are solid and will hold for a very, very long time. This guitar is extremely dependable and I would completly rely on it to hold out through thick and thin. The finish is on pretty good and hasn't worn out at all since I started playing it. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is perfect for my aggressive metal playing, and can be played for ANY kind of music as well. I have had this for quit a while now and it completely outdoes every other guitar I've played. If I lost this guitar, though I have other guitars I want, this guitar I would definitely buy again and again. The best feature for me is the locking top bar pressure pads so I don't have to tune over and over again before I play because the tuning stays perfect after playing over and over for weeks. After playing a bunch of different guitars and looking for over a year, a fell in love with this guitar. The ONLY thing I wish was different about this guitar, I would not want the middle pickup. Otherwise, go ahead and buy this guitar NOW! // 10

RG870Z Reviewed by: unregistered, on january 23, 2013

Purchased from: Nada Music Store Bandung, Indonesia

Features: The Ibanez RG870Z is a brand new Ibanez line for 2011. All Premium guitars is crafted in the premium facility in Indonesia (precisely, In East Java). It has a 24 jumbo scale fret. The body is made up from an American Basswood body and the neck is 5 piece Wizard Maple/Walnut with KTS TITANIUM reinforcement. It has a specially design high output CAP-VM pickups, and a newly design EDGE ZERO 2 Tremolo System with ZPS (Zero Point System). This RG870Z is also comes with a softcase, strap, L-key, and a manual handbook. // 8

Sound: I play a lots of type of music,, but mostly I play rock and jazz.. And this Ibanez answered all of my demand from a guitar. Well,, because I'm a "quite poor" musician, I only got a Cort MX 30R with it's distortion on it. But I enjoy it. The sound of all pickups are amazing. The middle pickup which I always use, is stunning, it's very clean. The bridge pickup which mostly used, if my mad mode activated, is fantastic! If I put this guitar on the distortion mode or heavy metal mode, it's cool! You just didn't want to stop play with this guitar. As for the neck pickup, it's also good. I always listened to some of George Benson's song and other jazz song, and I follow the way they played, and I found that this guitar isn't only good at rock mode, but also at the jazz mode. That's why I love this guitar. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: Well, when the first time I saw this Ibanez, it was good. No more things to adjust. You just have to plug it to your amps, play you favorite song, and you can go. Well if you think there is one or two problems with your guitar, you just take the Premium tool from the soft case and you can tune it up (for your most comfort style). If you are a first time to use a guitar with a tremolo, you have to learn how it's work, because it's quite confusing. The Premium tool is set up to modify the guitar to your most comfortable play style. But if you already mastered it out, you just need to gig it out! // 9

Reliability & Durability: This guitar is just made to satisfy the player.. This guitar is very long last. Well, apart from my strings that always broke up if my mad mode is too much. I always pull up the tremolo to the max and it's fascinated me. Overall, you don't have to worry about this guitar. I always bring this guitar where ever I go, because no better guitar to gigged out than this Ibanez. And this guitar doesn't seems want to give up at any time. So, my conclusion? 10 for it's reliability and 9, 8 for it's durability. It's completely dependable. // 10

Overall Impression: This guitar is fascinated me. When the first time I want to change my guitar, my first target, is the Ibanez RG470. And when I saw it, I thinked, myeh it's not very cool. And I saw this Ibanez RG870Z. I run it down, and I was surprised by the performance of this guitar. This is it! I got it! And I didn't want to lose it. If this guitar is lost, I will go for this one again. I will recommend this guitar to all of my friends. It's built for speed and supreme comfort play! There is nothing to hate from this guitar. It's like a cherry in a top of a cake! Video from YouTube:

// 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014