RGA42T Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 08/24/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RGA42T
The Ibanez RGA42T is the RGA42 but with a tremolo. It's fairly quiet, has low feedback & has a rich and bright tone. I recommend this guitar if your looking for a starter guitar. You will NOT find a better guitar for this price.
 Reliability & Durability: 9.5
 Features: 9.5
 9.5
 8.5
reviews (2) pictures (1) 14 comments vote for this gear:
RGA42T Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 20, 2012

Price paid: A$ 699

Purchased from: Turramurra Music

Features: The Ibanez RGA42T is the RGA42 but with a tremolo. (RGA42(T)) It comes with: - Edge 3 Tremolo - LoZ3 Active Pickups - Ibanez Stock Locking Nuts. - Mahogany Body (Black With White Binding) - AANJ Neck Joint - Wizard 2 Maple Neck - 24/ Jumbo Frets (Pearl Inlays) - Cosmo Black Hardware - Bound RoseWood Fingerboard - 1 Volume / 3-Way Lever / 1 Active EQ Toggle - HH Pu Config. As I can see on mine there are no body errors with this guitar. It looks amazing & Has great detail. // 9

Sound: It suits my style of music amazingly. Running this guitar with Amplitube 3 or Guitar Rig 5 really brings out its true colors. Its fairly quiet, has low feedback & has a rich and bright tone. Harmonics are really strong which in my opinion really makes a metal song stand out. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came well made, the only thing letting this guitar down would have to be the edge 3 tremolo. It has terrible tuning stability. (I've tried adjusting this.) Apart from that the guitar came all set up properly, I adjusted the pickups height to my liking. The paint job on this guitar came perfect. Another con to this guitar would have to be the frets. They do not come perfectly polished. // 9

Reliability & Durability: Playing live I would definitely use this guitar. It has a strong paint job which would withstand a fingering. The strap buttons that come with the guitar are okay, I personally replaced mine with locking strap buttons, was the best safety option for gigs. // 10

Overall Impression: Overall this guitar is amazing for my musical style. I've been playing this guitar for 1 year now and it has been one of the best buys for guitars. I recommend this guitar if your looking for a starter guitar. You will NOT find a better guitar for this price. If this guitar did get stolen I would defiantly buy a new one. When looking at guitars I also came across an Ibanez MTM-2 (Mick Thompson) Version. I love everything about this guitar, the only thing I changed was the edge 3 tremolo with an OFR (Original Floyd Rose) Bridge. // 9

RGA42T Reviewed by: LucasCMusic, on august 24, 2012

Price paid: A$ 599

Purchased from: Dream Music

Features: The Ibanez RGA42T is the Ibanez RGA42 including a floating tremolo. (RGA42[T]) It comes complete with: - Edge 3 Tremolo - LZ3 Active Pickups
 (AA Battery Is Required) - Ibanez Locking Nuts.
 - Mahogany Body (Black Body With White Binding)
 - AANJ Neck Joint
- Wizard 2 Maple Neck
 - 24/ Jumbo Frets - Pearl Inlays - Cosmo Black Hardware
- Bound RoseWood Fingerboard
 - 1 Volume / 3-Way Lever / 1 Active EQ Toggle
 - HH Pu Config. When I bout this guitar it did not come with the Edge 3 Tremolo Arm so I had to fetch one from eBay. Overall this is a great guitar with awesome features & Looks great! If your thinking about buying this guitar, I suggest that you buy the Ibanez M100C Molded Guitar Case. It fits perfectly in it. // 10

Sound: This guitar suits my style of music completely. Its pickups deliver a really great bright sound which with some effects from Amplitube 3 or Guitar Rig 5 really makes it sound amazing. I run this guitar through a Marshall JCM800 Lead series amplifier 4x12' stack. The music style I play is mainly metal so playing songs from bands like; Bullet For My Valentine or Parkway Drive, this guitar really suits it. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar came perfectly constructed. There are no errors with the finish of the guitar & I adjusted the pickups to my preference height. The Ultra thin neck is great for shredding out solos and easy for moving your hand up and down the neck as fast as possible. The tuning pegs were loose when I bout this guitar. I also suggest buying an allen key to tighten, loosen them so you can change the tuning of your guitar. The Edge 3 is a bit of pain but after some adjusting its fairly good. // 9

Reliability & Durability: I would use this guitar for gigs, it has a strong build and could withstand a hard night out. The strap buttons were very tight which is always good if you want your guitar to not fall off the strap. I would depend on this guitar greatly, it is amazing to me and at the end of the day, this all comes down to personal preference. The paint job is great and it should last for a long period of time. // 9

Overall Impression: Overall this guitar is great for the style of music in which I play. I recommend this guitar if your looking for an intermediate guitar. In my personal opinion you will not find a better guitar for this price. If this guitar did get stolen I would buy a new one as it is a great match for me. When looking at guitars I also came across an Ibanez MTM-2 (Mick Thompson) Version as well as the review above. I love this guitar, I would change the Edge 3 with something better like an Original Edge, Edge Pro or even an OFR (Original Floyd Rose). // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ GRG170DX 8.5 Electric Guitars 12/09/2014