RGT32FMSP Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 12/16/2005 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: RGT32FMSP
Its neck-thru construction is great for easier upper fret access and a better sustain.
 Action, Fit & Finish: 9.5
 Features: 8.5
 7.7
 9.6
 5.8
reviews (2) 1 comment vote for this gear:
RGT32FMSP Reviewed by: hendrix1194, on july 07, 2005

Features: Not sure what year it was made, but I'm pretty sure it was made in Japan. It has 24 Frets with awsome cross inlays. Neck-thru construction which is great for easier upper fret access and a better sustain. It has a Falmed maple top with a see-thru-black finish. Lo-TRS II Bridge. The pickups are V7 and V8 humbuckers which give the classic Ibanez tone. Basswood body, Wizard II neck and black hardware. It also has a white binding. Has a 5 way selector, 1 volume and 1 tone knob. // 8

Sound: I mostly play metal/rock/heavy rock, this guitar suits it perfectly. I play it through a Mesa Duel Rectifier and the sound it great. The pickups have no feedback and it has a nice crunchy sound with distortion and very mellow sound on clean. It is a very versatile guitar. You could play most styles of music maybe even jazz. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: The guitar was set perfectly for my standard the action was great. The pickups were in a perfect position. The were no flaws on it when I got it except for a few minor scratches which are hardly visable. // 10

Reliability & Durability: I have played three shows at school and one at a shopping centre with it and it played perfectly. The hardware will defiantely last I've added strap buttons just incase. I could depend on this hting no matter it is a top notch guitar. // 10

Overall Impression: This is a perfect match for me. I have been playing 6 years and bought this last year, I also own a PRS Custom 24, Maton MS2000-DLXSD, Fender Tele, Epiphone The Dot and a Mesa Duel, as soon as I saw it I loved the look so I tried it out and it sounded awesome as well so I bought it straight away. I love this guitar and it is perfect for me. // 10

RGT32FMSP Reviewed by: Mr.Moss, on december 16, 2005

Features: Made in 2004 and crafted (beautifully) in Korea, this 24 fret angel has a neck through design, jumbo frets, a sweet rosewood fretboard, whole body is basswood, with a flame maple top, the finish it came out with was the Transparent Black, sexy as. Comes with a H-H double coil configuration (Ibanez V7 [neck] V8 [bridge], passive). Even though the pickups are passive, they give out a crunching overdrive and distortion tone, and a very decent clean, which could be made even better if you ran it through the right amp. Black hardware, including the volume and tone knobs, 5-way toggle Switch, floyd rose tremelo system (lo TRS II) which could possibly be the only downside to the string system, Personally, I love it, I think Floyd Rose systems are a godsend, but if your not into them, be careful. Standard 25. 5" scale, double cut-away body (staggered) with an RG end. // 9

Sound: I'm running this through a combo of amps, a Laney Linebacker 65 and a Peavy Solo Series Bandit, both 50 watts, slightly noticble tone differences but only because of the different amps. As is for alot of Ibanez's range this guitar is excellent for Blues, Rock, Metal, I've even had some decent jazz sounds out of it, you could record any of those styles with this. Quiet as a mouse this thing is amazing, even on a basic lead you dont get really noticable buzzing, the pickups don't hum. It has a classic Ibanez tone, thanks partly to the pcikups, bright, clear treble, bass is perfect as well, but turn the tone know down to zero and you've got yourself an angry axe. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: I didn't need to make any changes at all to this amazing guitar, only thing that annoyed me was that the strings it came with were too high gauge, so on the very first scream bend on high he, it just snapped, no pull or tension, just ping, gone, which was slightly annoying, but expected. All the routings were square and perfect, the souldering job on the connections could have been slightly better, but no problems yet, been using it for about 5 months now. This guitar was designed to hold strings of a lower gauge than 12-54's which are the absoloute maximum you should put on there, because 1 it well warp the neck and 2 the nut and bridge routings wont hole them, and I would put a file to this fine piece of work, so you decide. The finish on this guitar is excellent, the Transparent Black is the thing that caught my eye, I saw it and just said, I want that guitar. The action was fine, as long as you are using say MED's or LTHB's you shouldnt have any trouble at all. // 9

Reliability & Durability: This is one solid piece of art, not only will it survive one half hour gig, I'd play this thing non-stop for a 3 hour show, its solid enough to take a beating, the buttons are solid, no chance of them getting loose, unless you play with them, even the input jack is rock solid, on my earlier guitar (GAX30) I had troubles with it coming loose for no reason, No hardware on this has given me any trouble at all in 5 months so far, hugely pleased with it, id at least have expected something to come loose, but nothing yet. // 10

Overall Impression: The styles of music I play are Metallica, Pantera, Slayer, the crunchy sort of late '80s stuff (I am aware that they have albums after then) this suits it to the core, crushing bass, excellent treble, and the pickup's do it absoloute justice on its tone and clarity. I have been playing for 2 years now roughly, I own 2 other Ibanez guitars a GAX30 and an acoustic, I run this through a Laney Linebacker 65 and a Peavey Solo Series Bandit, and I have an old digitech effects processor, nothing special in the effects and amp department, but it doesnt matter to this guitar. If I lost this for whatever reason (being stolen, broken, that sort of thing) I would most definitly buy it again, I love the body shape, until you see it for yourself, you won't undertsand me, but beleive me, it is one sexy guitar. This guitar is everything I wanted/needed and more, if you are thinking about geting one of these, I suggest you do. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RGIR20FE Iron Label 9 Electric Guitars 08/19/2014