S1220 Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 08/28/2006 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: S1220
It's a 21 fret guitar with jumbo frets with a rosewood neck.
 8.6
 7.2
review (1) 18 comments vote for this gear:
S1220 Reviewed by: unregistered, on august 28, 2006

Features: It was made in 2003 in Japan and it's a 21 fret guitar with jumbo frets with a rosewood neck. The neck is a five peice neck with a special prestiege mark on the twelfth fret only. It's a super Strat solid body styled guiatar with an awesome wooden finish. It has the low pro "floyd rose" tremolo system. It came with stock pick ups but I changed the bridge pick up and installed a Seymour Duncan Dimebucker. It comes with a volume control and a tone control with a five way switch. It has non locking tunners with nut locks of course. All in all it's a f--king awesome guitar and there's nothing more you could pretty much ask for. // 10

Sound: It pretty much suits any music style perfectly. But I pretty much play metal/metalcore/hardcore/rock and it's aweosme for them I mean you can basically play anything you want on it and it always sounds and feels right. I'm using a Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 100 amp and a Boss GT-8 pedal for effects. It gets pretty wild when you crank it up but it's controled like I said it sounds great wether on soft or hard distortion or even no distortion. It has a very rich full sound even though it's an extremely thin guitar specially with the dimebucker which is alsow freakin' awesome. This guitar pretty much can do everything even though you are kinda limited by the twenty one frets but I don't find that a vice but more a good thing. The tremolo system is really good actually even thought it's not a floyd rose I actually like this one better than the original. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: It was set up really well the frets were installed really well and everything in the body was perfect. The strings were ok only because I only use extra life dr's so yeah they felt kinda weird at first but I changed them first thing. The guitar contained no flaws and it is still in prestine condition. // 10

Reliability & Durability: The guitar itself it's really solid I mean everything is put together really well and yeah it's a really solid well meade guitar. I feel like it will last for a really really long time if you take care of it ii mean I'm taking really good care of it and it doesnt't even have a ding on it or anything and I've had it for about a year now and it's still in perfect condition so yeah it's really well made. // 10

Overall Impression: I think this guitar suits all types of music and it can intigrate itself into just about anything but to my style it fits perfectly which is metal and that sort of stuff. I've been playing for about ten years now I guess and currently I own a Marshall jcm 2000 dsl 1000. A Boss GT-8 effects pedal. A DOD malmsteen overdrive pedal. A DigiTech Death Metal pedal. An Ibanez S1220 prestige series guitar and an Ibanez SZ520 guitar. If it was stolen I'd be super pissed because they don't make this guitar anymore LOL so I'd be like aww crap the best guitar I've ever played is gone, but yeah I'd try and find another one. Actually if I found another one right now I'd definitely buy it on the spot I swear it's the best guitar I've played ever. I practically love everything about it the finish the way it feels the sound the neck is exceptionally amazing. I pretty much compared it to most guitars out there before buying it Gibsons, Fenders, Jacksons, Charveles, other Ibanezes and I have to say this was the best sounding/feeling guitar I've ever played hands down and I practically live at guitar center. I think this guitar has everything it needs and the only thing I wish it had was nothing actually it has everyting. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ S7521 8 Electric Guitars 11/26/2014