S470DXQM Review

manufacturer: Ibanez date: 06/22/2012 category: Electric Guitars
Ibanez: S470DXQM
I expected it to only play rock and metal but its does other styles exceptionally well. Very bright. Using through overdrive is insane. Great tone and a very full sound. This guitar also cleans up very nicely.
 8.8
 9.2
 8.3
review (1) pictures (6) 10 comments vote for this gear:
S470DXQM Reviewed by: jordoguitar, on june 22, 2012

Features: I am unsure of when it was made but I know it was made in anytime between 2003-2008. It is Made in Korea. - Body material: Mahogany with Quilted Maple top - Neck joint: AANJ - Bridge: ZR tremolo - Hardware color: Cosmo Black - Pickguard: None Neck - Neck type: Wizard II - Neck material: 3-Piece Maple - Fingerboard: Bound Rosewood - Inlays: 2003-2006: S Waves 2007-2009: Abalone Dots - Frets: 22 / Jumbo Electronics PU Config: HSH - Neck PU: 2003-2004: PSND1 (Powersound 1) 2005-2009: INF1 (Infinity 1) - Mid PU: 2003-2004: PSNDS (Powersound Single) 2005-2009: INFS1 (Infinity Single 1) - Bridge PU: 2003-2004: PSND2 (Powersound 2) 2005-2009: INF2 (Infinity 2) - Controls: 1 Volume / 1 Tone / 5-Way Lever The finish is an absolutely beautiful bright blue burst which looks pretty bada-s. It came with a hardcase valued at $200 and was serviced before I bought it. I really dislike that it only stays in Standard Tuning as I use alternate tunings alot but its still great. // 8

Sound: I play Rock n Roll, Blues, Metal and play alot of Guns N Roses, Slash, Led Zeppelin, John Mayer, SRV and Alter Bridge. I play through my POD XT Live into my Marshall MG15DCR amp. This guitar actually suits all these styles very well. I Expected it to only play rock and metal but its does other styles exceptionally well. Very bright. Using through overdrive is insane. Great tone and a very full sound. This guitar also cleans up very nicely. The single coil sounds very Strat like. With the ultra thin neck this guitar is by far the easiest and best guitar to solo on. // 10

Action, Fit & Finish: When I bought it, it had been set up and serviced and the bridge was re saddled. The action is low so its alot easier to press down on the fret board. Everything was fine. One flaw it that the tremelo bar seems to move around alot when its in the slot. It can get annoying but I can deal with it. // 8

Reliability & Durability: I have gigged with it once and everything went perfectly. None of the strings came untuned not did the strap fall off. Very solid strap buttons. The hardware seems a bit rusted (because I bought it second hand) but it seems like it will last for a while. I can definitely depend on this guitar without a backup. The finish looks like it would not wear of very easily. // 10

Overall Impression: I have been playing for 6 years now and my style will continue to change as I go along. I feel that this guitar will do me good as it is capable of playing the styles I listen to now and other styles which I don't listen much off. Very versatile. I own a Godin Summit CT but sound wise between the two the Ibanez Infinitys are alot more hotter than the Seymour Duncans in the Godin. I wish I had asked if this guitar could have asked if this guitar could take alternate and drop tunings. If it were stolen I would probably get something else or just leave it as it is because I don't really need it but that doesn't mean its not a good guitar because its really the best guitar I have ever soloed on. // 10

More Ibanez reviews rating category latest review
+ RG140 Roadstar II 9 Electric Guitars 08/21/2014